• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Not to Do, if You Send Out Your Hosts' Invitations

That's true-- I guess it does qualify as a "call to action" mail piece! LOL:eek: huh????:eek:You know, I am just assuming that they were sent by the consultant, but I guess it could have been done by the host... the handwriting looks like it's from my best friend from elementary school, but I haven't seen her in 20 years, and she lives in Texas, so I doubt it's from her.But it does give me pause-- I will be sure to fill out everything if/when I have hosts send out invitations to their guests, so they don't make me look bad if they make a mistake like this.
KimmyDarling
I just received a postcard invitation to a Tastefully Simple show, sent by the Consultant.

NONE OF THE SHOW INFO IS ON IT. Not the host's name, the date, or anything whatsoever. I have no clue as to whose party it is. In fact, I don't even recognize the area code of the Consultant! (She made sure to stamp HER info on it, but just left the other side blank.)

What a horrible first impression!

oh no!Do you think she is just using that as advertising OR did she totally forget?!

Uh oh. :eek:

KimmyDarling said:
I just received a postcard invitation to a Tastefully Simple show, sent by the Consultant.

NONE OF THE SHOW INFO IS ON IT. Not the host's name, the date, or anything whatsoever. I have no clue as to whose party it is. In fact, I don't even recognize the area code of the Consultant! (She made sure to stamp HER info on it, but just left the other side blank.)

What a horrible first impression!

Once when I was pregnant, I completely forgot to put the date of the show on invitations I was sending out.....I was so embarrassed!:eek: I resent "oops" invites , blaming it on my hormonal baby brain - it turned out well - everyone was very understanding, and it actually made the show more fun!

But I at least had all of the other info on the cards!:rolleyes:

Doh!

Should you call her?

Oh, it gets better. I just emailed her, and THE EMAIL BOUNCED!So I went to her website, and sure enough, she has a different email address listed.Good gravy! I sure hope I was the only one!

A friend of mine had a jewelry party once and the consultant had the wrong address and wrong rsvp phone number.I sent the invites out for a show once with the wrong info on it... it was a mystery show I was hosting.... I had the wrong month on it. At least I knew who actually looked at it because they called me!!!!

finley1991 said:
A friend of mine had a jewelry party once and the consultant had the wrong address and wrong rsvp phone number.

I sent the invites out for a show once with the wrong info on it... it was a mystery show I was hosting.... I had the wrong month on it. At least I knew who actually looked at it because they called me!!!!

That's true-- I guess it does qualify as a "call to action" mail piece! LOL

:eek: huh????:eek:

You know, I am just assuming that they were sent by the consultant, but I guess it could have been done by the host... the handwriting looks like it's from my best friend from elementary school, but I haven't seen her in 20 years, and she lives in Texas, so I doubt it's from her.But it does give me pause-- I will be sure to fill out everything if/when I have hosts send out invitations to their guests, so they don't make me look bad if they make a mistake like this.It's just such a bad first impression, to me... yikes.

well I guess no one will show up at that party! yikes is right! keep us posted on the mystery, this is good!

Okay, she wrote me back with a list of her future hosts, and I do know one of them. In fact, she's a PC Consultant in my cluster! The Consultant is going to email me her show info.So hopefully my cluster-mate wasn't the one who made the error...

It is possible she was doing labels and it got stuck on another invite or that they postcards stuck together and that is why the show info was never filled out.
I have a system when I do them
When they first arrive in my supply order every pack is opened and I put my label and bring a friend sticker
When i get the guest list I address them all then I go back and add the info label and the stamp.
I do it in this order so if I mess up writing the address I don't waste a show label or stamp.
Its possible it just got overlooked

I did something goofy like that last year...I make labels with the host's information on it (name, phone, address, date, etc.) I usually just do a Find/Replace. But for some reason the street address never changed. Postcards went out. Host calls me and asks me about the address...OOOPS!:eek:

I re-sent the invites with the correct info and amd soooo careful now to check and double check my invites before I send them.

I put a wrong phone # one time on a hosts invites. I was completely mortified but it was a $900 show! I had guests calling me to RSVP...

for those of you that put your info on the invite...where do you put it?

I almost forgot the time on my last set of invites!

Here's the template I've been using. I got it on here, but I don't know who originally posted it. This one is lined-up for my printer (HP3055) and is for the Real Food Real Fast invites - I do wish HO would use one template for the invites, every season I have to fiddle with it so it lines-up right.

Attachments

• Invitation Template_Real Food Real Fast_sample.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 360
Linda, thanks for sharing that!

pamperedlinda said:
<snip>...I do wish HO would use one template for the invites, every season I have to fiddle with it so it lines-up right.
There's only ONE invite for spring! Well, unless the generic one is still available. But the salads and desserts shows are on the same card - no need to keep 2 kinds in stock.

Related to What Not to Do, if You Send Out Your Hosts' Invitations

1. What should I avoid when sending out my hosts' invitations for a Pampered Chef party?

When sending out invitations for your Pampered Chef party, it is important to avoid making any promises or guarantees about the products or potential earnings. This can create unrealistic expectations for your guests and may lead to disappointment if they do not have the same experience.

2. Can I include discounts or special offers in my hosts' invitations?

No, it is not recommended to include any discounts or special offers in your hosts' invitations. This may create a sense of urgency or pressure for guests to attend the party and purchase products, which can make them feel uncomfortable or pressured.

3. Is it okay to share personal information about my hosts in the invitations?

No, it is not appropriate to share personal information about your hosts in the invitations. This includes their contact information, address, or any personal details. It is important to respect your hosts' privacy and only share necessary information related to the party.

4. Can I use social media to send out my hosts' invitations?

While social media can be a convenient way to reach a large audience, it is not recommended to use it as the primary method for sending out your hosts' invitations. Not all of your guests may be active on social media or may miss the invitation in their feed. It is best to use a combination of methods, such as email and physical invitations, to ensure all guests receive the invitation.

5. How far in advance should I send out my hosts' invitations?

It is recommended to send out your hosts' invitations at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This gives your guests enough time to plan and RSVP, but not too far in advance that they may forget about the party. You can also send a reminder a few days before the party to ensure all guests have the event on their calendars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
baychef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies