• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Host Really Ready for Their Party?

In summary, I had a woman at a show in Jan., had never been to a PC show, wanted everything, booked for Feb, and was interested in the opportunity. I went thru the host packet, talked about the date I would need her list to send invites, and she was totally gung-ho! I sent a follow-up postcard with the important dates to remember. I called her again when the time was coming near for her list to be to me.....yep - she's working on it, just not done yet. Reminded her that she could also email me the list if she wanted.....she called me a couple of days later, said she had just emailed it to me.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I had a woman at a show in Jan., had never been to a PC show, wanted everything, booked for Feb, and was interested in the opportunity....went thru the host packet, talked about the date I would need her list to send invites, and she was totally gung-ho! I sent a follow-up postcard with the important dates to remember. I called her again when the time was coming near for her list to be to me.....yep - she's working on it, just not done yet. Reminded her that she could also email me the list if she wanted.....she called me a couple of days later, said she had just emailed it to me. I checked email several times that day - no list. Called her back - left a message regarding not getting her list. Didn't hear anything, called her back again....she said she would resend it, and call me when it was sent so I would know.....haven't heard anything from her - and her show is Feb 20!!! She had told me that she handed out all the invitations that I put in her host packet (usually 7-8 for them to hand out to people), and that she had also emailed some invitations (but not the PC website ones), already has about 6 (she thinks) who are coming, and a couple of outside orders.....do I trust her that this is all true? She just seemed so excited about doing a show, and now, although she still sounds excited when I talk to her, I have this sinking feeling that I am getting the run-around....what does it sound like to you?

As hard as it isI would trust her. If she is so excited about it she will have told people, and passed out the invites. You could still try to get the list to make her reminder calls for her, and just say it appears your email is eating messages again...even if it hasn't before : )

Robin

I guess I'm just kind of a control freak, that's why I send out the invites in the first place:rolleyes: Sooo to leave it all up to the host just makes me very nervous!

This kind of stuff makes me nervous too....I had a host do this in November and she ended up having a $600 show with at least 4 bookings. I have a host (one of those bookings) doing it to me this month, but she is a repeat host and she told me that she wants a better show this time, so she is really working hard on calling and emailing people. In fact, she emailed me yesterday to ask how to do the invites via my website.

I know it's hard to let go....but sometimes it works! :)

I would trust her, if she wants a good show, she knows what she needs to do. And she really can't lie about outside orders, you'll find out the day of her show if she was making it up. Maybe she's afraid to let you down if she doesn't have a magic number of guest present and that you will back out on her!

I would trust her... I had a host not hand out any invites, only made her own using Evites and she just had a $800 show with 3 bookings! It's hard not being able to visually see when they email guests isn't it?!? :)

It's not unusual to have people that just don't have addresses handy or find it easier to hand out cards at work and/or use the email. It is frustrating but one thing I have had success with on those people is asking them if they could just send me a quick list of first names and phone numbers. I also do reminder calls for my hosts using postcalls (an automated calling system). This may get you a better comfort level.

MicheleC said:
It's not unusual to have people that just don't have addresses handy or find it easier to hand out cards at work and/or use the email. It is frustrating but one thing I have had success with on those people is asking them if they could just send me a quick list of first names and phone numbers. I also do reminder calls for my hosts using postcalls (an automated calling system). This may get you a better comfort level.
Michele~

How much do you pay and who do you use for the calling system?

I know you're at your wit's end, but I'd trust her. Sometimes there's just one aspect of the host duties that a host flakes on. As you can see from the other responses, it often turns out just fine.

KellyTheChef said:
Michele~

How much do you pay and who do you use for the calling system?

Kelly,

I'm not sure what she uses, but I use PostCalls.com. Email me if you want some info and a special price for direct sales people only.

[email protected]

I've had a few hosts who handled all their own invites because they didn't feel comfortable giving out the contact information on their friends.Their feeling was that if the friend wanted to give me their information, that was fine. Or if they made a purchase I would get it. It's always turned out fine. I hope you have the same experience.Ann

Related to Is My Host Really Ready for Their Party?

1. What should I do with my host after the party?

After the party, be sure to follow up with your host to thank them for hosting and to discuss any potential orders or bookings from their guests. You can also offer to come back for a cooking demonstration or to help them redeem their host rewards.

2. My host wants to cancel the party, what should I do?

If your host wants to cancel the party, try to understand their reasons and see if you can offer a solution. If they still want to cancel, be understanding and thank them for considering hosting. You can also offer to reschedule for a later date.

3. What can I do to encourage my host to book more parties?

One way to encourage your host to book more parties is to offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, for booking future parties. You can also provide them with a list of potential host benefits they can earn by hosting another party.

4. How can I help my host maximize their host rewards?

To help your host maximize their host rewards, make sure they understand how the rewards program works and how much they can earn based on their party sales. Encourage them to invite as many guests as possible and to promote the party beforehand.

5. My host is not responding to my messages, what should I do?

If your host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out through a different method, such as a phone call or in person. If they still do not respond, respect their decision and focus your efforts on other potential hosts. You can always try reaching out to this host again in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies