• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oops! Emergency Resend for Feb 11th Chocolate Party

In summary, the host received 67 invitations with the wrong show address. She just found out this morning and offered to call everyone on her list. She thinks the party is on Feb 11th, but she is not easy to reach by phone. She is also upset because it is a Chocolate show and the host did not approve this with her.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I sent out 67 invitations for my host, with the wrong show address! I put 9002 instead of 9001. She just told me this morning. I offered to call everyone on her list. Should I resend out the invitations? The party is on Feb 11th. I am so mad at myself right now and I think she is mad at me too. It is even worse, because she is not easy to reach by phone. She is also upset because it is a Chocolate show and I did not approve this with her. ARG!!

I wouldn't spend the money to re-send the invitations. I think it's a great reason for you (or even the host) to call and extend a personal invitation:

Hi, this is Wendy (or host), and I'm just calling to see if you received the invitation for [Host's] Cooking Show. I'm so sorry, but threre was an oopsie on the invitation, and the address is not correct. I'd hate for you to get lost on your way to the party.

As for the theme... if she's not OK with that, you could also talk to that with your calls.

I grabbed the wrong stack of invitations, and since I look at the back side, not the front, I didn't realize until it was too late.

Then go into whatever great stuff you will be making.

I would ask how many of those actually didn't know where she lived and maybe take some red balloons for her mailbox.

For the show, is it a big deal that it gets changed without the guests knowing? I'm not so sure that I would or would not come to a show based on theme, kwim?

I say get the phone numbers and use the phonevite recording option. Balloons also are a great suggestion in addition to whatever else you do.

As for being mad about the theme - its not too late to change it and simply have something there that is chocoloate (take some caramel nutty brownies with you) and voila - happy host. (Personal opinion - always let the host have a say in what she is having at his or her party...eliminate the problem before its a problem)

With the host not wanting it a chocolate show - I would just change the recipe to what she wants & do a 13 minute chocolate cake. Does the invite say what is chocolate? As long as something there is chocolate, they won't know the difference & the host should be happy with the other recipe.

Oh, & I wouldn't resend them either. Most of the people know where she lives, most likely & it's a great reason to make the calls. Most of the calls with just go on their voice mail anyway.

So she is a HO lead and a Cooke Lee Rep. I have yet to speak with on the phone because she does not return my phone calls. She tells me today that the phone is not a good way to reach her. I did leave a message explaining the February is my Death by Chocolate month and I asked her to call me to go over the recipe ideas. I did not hear from her. I do not like to communicate exclusively via email, because I never get a good feel for the host. I have offered up a comfort food show instead with Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

I would say be sure to invite who ever lives at 9002! Offer them a special gift and put a sign on their door, "Oops! Pampered Chef Party across the street at 9001! See you there!"

As far as the recipe, it's your choice! Do not let her dictate how you run your business.

On the email issue I'm running into more and more hosts who will actually respond via email than on the phone. I guess I'll take what I get in that aspect!

Yeah- Balloons and a sign at HER house will help. It's across the street, not on ANOTHER street altogether.And just tell her that "its not a problem to make something else." and just tell her you may do a chocolate lava cake or something as an extra (cheap for you), and guests will love it. And even though you may not like to do email, you have to go with what works for both of you. You can't force her to do phone exclusively. Maybe she can do Texting or email because her schedule is hectic, etc. GO with it.67 invitations- this is one lady you want to bend over backwards to make happy!! Not force your way on her. :D Know what I mean?! Most hosts- ESPECIALLY those in DS, aren't that great about the invites...this lady nailed it. Take full advantage and make her super happy.

esavvymom said:
67 invitations- this is one lady you want to bend over backwards to make happy!! Not force your way on her. :D Know what I mean?! Most hosts- ESPECIALLY those in DS, aren't that great about the invites...this lady nailed it. Take full advantage and make her super happy.

I actually get a bit concerned when I see so many names from a DS rep. It could just be all of her customers. I never know if it is good or bad. It depends on the relationship with her customers. I had a DS constulant give me over 80 names, only 10 people came and no outside orders. It could be a blessing that this happened. Now I will have to call everyone and they will get the personal invitation. If she is not good on the phone she may not be making any reminder calls.

Wadesgirl -You are right. Usually my hosts do not have much of a choice for recipes. I usually get to talk to them and present it in such a way that they "agree" to what I plan to make. I have 11 shows for February, I need just one recipe not a whole bunch of different ones. It is the only way I can keep sane. Also, I learned a long time ago that I have a better idea of what will present the products I want to show.

cookingwithlove said:
I actually get a bit concerned when I see so many names from a DS rep. It could just be all of her customers. I never know if it is good or bad. It depends on the relationship with her customers. I had a DS constulant give me over 80 names, only 10 people came and no outside orders. It could be a blessing that this happened. Now I will have to call everyone and they will get the personal invitation. If she is not good on the phone she may not be making any reminder calls.

Wadesgirl -You are right. Usually my hosts do not have much of a choice for recipes. I usually get to talk to them and present it in such a way that they "agree" to what I plan to make. I have 11 shows for February, I need just one recipe not a whole bunch of different ones. It is the only way I can keep sane. Also, I learned a long time ago that I have a better idea of what will present the products I want to show.

What helps me is offer the same 3-4 recipes every season. That way my kit is always packed and ready to go. I know the recipes well and what products to go with it.

So here's an update. Her party is on Friday. She has 6 people coming out of the 67 names she gave me!!! I really think she gave me a list of people she did not really know. When I called many of them were annoyed that they were invited. I don't think she did any follow up besides me calling!

(((hugs))) girl! Sounds like this one's not going to be an easy host any way you look at it. :(

Sometimes you just have that one host/party where nothing goes right. I am planning to bring the dessert sauce and the last email I got was a rant about how nobody wants our sauces, just our gadget and it is fine for me to bring them, but nobody wants them. Good thing Spring Launch is on Saturday, I need to recharge!

I think it's GREAT that you did it!! I won't mail out invitations unless my hostess promises to follow up with a reminder call or text. This makes it certain that she will do it...or give you the numbers to do it yourself.

A consultant on my team purposely leaves the address or time off so the calls will be made. An invitation won't get everyone there. A personal call says "I like you and hope you can come!"

My worst shows are when I send too many invitations - and I'm pretty sure it's because my host is only calling her mom and best friends who already know about the show.

You'll be fine. In fact you might even have a much better show. Put some Balloons near the street and stick out a Pampered Chef yard sign if you can lay your hands on one. If she's mad just kill her with kindness and offer to make all the calls if she still is nasty. You are human. She's in Direct sales so she should know you would never purposely put the wrong address. You need to protect your business, so at the show give her a gift and thank her for doing a wonderful job and being the worlds most understanding host...and you hope that you never do that again! (The last part said with humor.)

Just read the whole post. It sounds like her had her pegged. Still kill her with kindness and if you still feel like gifting her...then print off the DCB recipe book (the larger one w/90 recipes), put it in a cheap folder with clasps and have everyone sign it. You'll be killing two birds with one stone:)

This is probably not going to be the popular answer, but DH and I have been self-employed too long to deal with people like this. I would call her and tell her that I am sorry, but I was going to be unable to do the show. Let her know that she was welcome to continue to get orders online and have a catalog show, but I wasn't going to be able to do this.
We don't do business with people that are rude. I am DH's office Manager for his/our landscape business. He once sent a rather large check back to a customer, he had gotten it from the man as a down payment on a job. He let the man know that he didn't do business with people that treated his wife poorly (The man had yelled at me on the phone, before we even did work at his place). It hurt a bit financially that month, but in the end did so much for our marriage to know that my husband valued me that much.
I know you are out the time and money that you have already spent preparing for the show, but you said she was a HO lead, so I am guessing that you are doing well with your business and have other shows this month. You could pass it to someone in your downline. Honestly she might be kind as sugar to someone else, even though you haven't done anything to make her mad at you.
I know that isn't gong to be the popular answer, but I think you are better than stressing yourself out and letting her continue to demean you.

1. What is an "Oops! Emergency Resend" and why do I need it for my Feb 11th Chocolate Party?

An "Oops! Emergency Resend" is a feature offered by Pampered Chef for party hosts who may have encountered issues with their original party invitations. This feature allows hosts to quickly and easily resend invitations to their guests in case of technical difficulties or if some guests did not receive the original invitation. For your Feb 11th Chocolate Party, this feature ensures that all your guests receive the invitation and can RSVP in a timely manner.

2. How do I request an "Oops! Emergency Resend" for my party?

To request an "Oops! Emergency Resend" for your Feb 11th Chocolate Party, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and go to your party dashboard. From there, click on the "Oops! Emergency Resend" button and follow the prompts to resend the invitations to your guests.

3. Is there a limit to how many times I can use the "Oops! Emergency Resend" feature?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can use the "Oops! Emergency Resend" feature for your parties. However, we recommend only using it in case of emergency situations as it may confuse your guests if they receive multiple invitations for the same party.

4. Will my guests be able to see that the invitation is a resent one?

No, the invitation will appear the same as the original one and your guests will not be able to tell that it is a resent invitation. This ensures a seamless experience for your guests and avoids any confusion.

5. Can I customize the "Oops! Emergency Resend" invitations for my Feb 11th Chocolate Party?

Yes, you can customize the "Oops! Emergency Resend" invitations just like you did for the original invitations. You can add a personal message or update any information as needed before resending them to your guests. This allows for a more personalized touch and ensures that your guests have all the necessary information for the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • babywings76