• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Having Trouble Sending Out E-Invitations

in summary, the host received an email inviting them to a catalog show, but they never received it. They checked to be sure their email address was correct, but they also checked their spam folder and found the invitation there. They have two options: 1) try to CC themselves and hope they get the message, or 2) send a paper invitation.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just received this e-mail from my host that lives in another state that is doing a catalog show.

"I have created my email guest list and twice I sent the invitation to myself as a trial run and never received it. I checked to be sure my email address was correct; I've checked my junk-mail and blocked senders list to be sure it didn't go there. Any suggestions? (After this week, I won't be able to tend to this show until the weekends.)"

What do you think is wrong? How can I help her?

This is the norm for the invitations sent from the website. I always tell my hosts not to depend on it as their only invite. Call your guests, and also mail a paper invite.

For me, the email invitation feature is the most disappointing thing about this business. I've pretty much given up on it. I still set up my hosts online, though, because on the paper invites, I give instructions on how to view the catalog and order online.

I agree with Becky. If your host really wants to send an email invitation, she can use evite.com. It won't have the designs that exactly match the theme of the show, but she can track RSVPs on their site and include a link to the online shopping (with instructions) in the text of the note.

I'd be willing to bet that she either made a typo on her own e-mail address or she's not looking at everything in her spam folder and missing it sitting there. Maybe you can sign in & send one to her just to see if there's a step she's missing? CC yourself as well.

I tell my hosts to not use the web page AT ALL to send out invitations, that they mostly go to spam mail boxes. I tell them to send one to themself & then forward it from their personal e-mail box to their friends/family. That will give them better odds of the guest seeing the e-mail and actually reading it.

Sheila said:
I'd be willing to bet that she either made a typo on her own e-mail address or she's not looking at everything in her spam folder and missing it sitting there. Maybe you can sign in & send one to her just to see if there's a step she's missing? CC yourself as well.

I tell my hosts to not use the web page AT ALL to send out invitations, that they mostly go to spam mail boxes. I tell them to send one to themself & then forward it from their personal e-mail box to their friends/family. That will give them better odds of the guest seeing the e-mail and actually reading it.

The only problem with this is that I have found when they do that, it often breaks the link to be able to rsvp or order online. They can read the invite, but they can't respond to it.

Sheila said:

How do I CC myself? I don't see that on there. Unless I add myself to her guest list and send an additional e-mail to myself.

ChefBeckyD said:
The only problem with this is that I have found when they do that, it often breaks the link to be able to rsvp or order online. They can read the invite, but they can't respond to it.

You are correct, they can not RSVP on line. As far as the link, for me it boils down to the "lesser of two evils" ... I rather them have to copy & paste the link to get to the web page than not see the invitation at all. ;)

babywings76 said:
How do I CC myself? I don't see that on there. Unless I add myself to her guest list and send an additional e-mail to myself.

Yes, enter yourself as a guest & send yourself an invitation to make sure that it's user error (by the host) and not a PWS problem.

I put myself on her guest list and sent myself an invite. It worked just fine. I called her and tried some things out while we were on the phone. I tried sending one to her, it didn't go through. She's not sure if she has a spam folder or not. She checked her bulk mail folder and didn't see it there. From the invitation I received, I clicked on the link to reply to her and that worked and she received it. So I know she can at least receive responses. I told her to just go ahead and e-mail everyone. Then follow up with quick phone calls to them and let them know she sent out an email invitation and hope they received it. If not, then she'll tell them all about her show, the special, and then ordering on-line instructions or how they can contact me for their orders and payment. She was so excited about everything and was happy and very pleased at my helping her. She's such a sweet and fun lady I think she'll do well when she makes her calls. :)

1. Why are my e-invitations not being received by my guests?

There could be a few reasons why your e-invitations are not being received by your guests. One possibility is that the email addresses entered for your guests were incorrect or misspelled. Another possibility is that the invitations may have been sent to your guests' spam or junk folders. It is also possible that there may be an issue with your email provider or server.

2. How can I resend the e-invitations to my guests?

If you are having trouble sending out your e-invitations, you can try resending them by accessing your account and selecting the option to resend invitations. Make sure to double check the email addresses for your guests before resending to ensure they are correct. You can also try sending the invitations from a different email address or using a different device.

3. Can I track if my guests have received and opened the e-invitations?

Yes, you can track the status of your e-invitations by accessing your account and viewing the invitation history. This will show you which invitations have been sent, received, and opened. If an invitation has not been opened, you can try resending it or contacting your guest directly to confirm receipt.

4. Do I need to have a specific email provider to send out e-invitations?

No, you can use any email provider to send out e-invitations. However, some email providers may have restrictions or limitations on the number of recipients or the content of the email, so it is always best to check with your provider beforehand.

5. What should I do if my e-invitations are still not being received by my guests?

If you have tried all of the previous solutions and your e-invitations are still not being received by your guests, you may want to consider sending physical invitations or using a different method to invite your guests. You can also contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LarissaRed123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Jennie50