• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Microwave Is Too Small

In summary, if you arrive at the party and realize that the "big" microwave, isn't that big and is too small for the DCB and the recipe that you had planned, you can fit the DCB in it. However, sometimes if you take the lid off, you can actually put the crock in - then put the lid on it inside the microwave...it's the door opening that is too small.
winklermom
What do you do if you arrive at the party and realize that the "big" microwave, isn't that big and is too small for the DCB and the recipe that you had planned? :eek:

Well minie is too small at home, and it still works it just does not go around in a complete circle. I can fit the DCB in it.

put it in the oven at @ 400

what are you making?

I've only had that happen once & it was litterally too small to fit the stone inside & close the door. The host's neighbor went next door, and came back 2 min's later with hubby in tow carrying HER microwave! LOL

Sometimes if you take the lid off, you can actually put the crock in - then put the lid on it inside the microwave...it's the door opening that is too small.

That's why I always ask the host if it'll fit when they choose a recipe that calls for the Deep Covered Baker.

Always check during host coaching to make sure the microwave is at least 13" x 13" x 7.5"

I had this happen once. Host assured me it would fit, but didn't. We were doing the loaded baked chowder. I "baked" the potatoes like you normally would for baked pot. in the micro. then added things to the batter bowl, cooked as directed in micro. and then dumped it back in the baker and finished in the oven. It was totally crazy but worked in the end.

I had that happen once. The host insisted it was a full size micro, but I forgot to have her really double check the measurement. Her micro was large and wide, just not tall enough. So, what I did was cook it with the lid inverted for the beginning steps of the recipe (I was making the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresca) and then when I added the pasta I had to resort to covering the baker with saran wrap. It wasn't as good and that HOT plastic wrap was a pain to deal with when I had to take it out 1/2 way of the cooking to stir it. I burned my arm by the steam, too. No one noticed, though. I sold 2 DCB's at that show! :D

As it turned out, her microwave was huge! The biggest one that I've seen but she had told me that it was "medium" sized.

Size is relative.

Don't forget if the DDB won't turn, you need to invert the turntable so it doesn't break the piece that makes it turn. I learned this the hard way - at least on my own microwave.

I have forgotten to ask a few times about the size of the micro. Once, I was making the Chicken Penne Al Fresco. Ended up boiling the pasta on the stove top. Another time, I was able to angle the DCB in the microwave, kind of tipped, and it worked.

raebates said:
Size is relative.

That's because women have been told that this (gestures with two hands) is six inches for years!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

magentablue said:
that's because women have been told that this (gestures with two hands) is six inches for years!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

rotflmbo....:D

Related to What Is the Microwave Is Too Small

What Is the Microwave Too Small for?

The microwave may be too small for certain types of dishes or containers, such as large casserole dishes or full-sized baking sheets.

Will All Pampered Chef Products Fit in a Small Microwave?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are designed to fit in a small microwave. Some may be too large or awkwardly shaped to fit comfortably.

Can I Use Pampered Chef Products in a Small Microwave?

Yes, you can still use Pampered Chef products in a small microwave as long as they fit comfortably and do not exceed the microwave's weight limit.

How Do I Know If My Microwave Is Too Small?

You can measure the interior dimensions of your microwave and compare them to the size of the Pampered Chef product you want to use. If the product is significantly larger, it may not fit in your microwave.

What Are My Options If My Microwave Is Too Small?

If your microwave is too small for your desired Pampered Chef product, you can either use a different cooking method or consider purchasing a larger microwave that can accommodate the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LeahMae