• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Small Microwave Cooking Show: Need Ideas!

In summary, the small microwave will not be able to fit the round covered baker. However, the hot and cheesy bruschetta dip and the zesty ravioli skillet w/ garlic biscuit bites will both work in the micro.
MaryannNic
I am doing a cooking show with a fairly small microwave this weekend. I've been poking around and just can't come up with anything. I know the stoneware can go in the microwave, but can't find a recipe that isn't for the oven. :yuck:

Help? :blushing:

How small is the microwave? What piece of stoneware will fit? Are you wanting to do a microwave recipe no matter what? Is a stovetop recipe or oven recipe not an option? I've got several ideas, I just need to know what type of things you are looking for. ;)

I can't imagine a microwave being too small to fit the round covered baker. make the hot & cheesy bruscetta dip in it in the mini microwave without the puff pastry.

My host doesn't have an oven. I guess a stove top recipe could work. I was wanting to really show off the stoneware since it's on the 60% off this month. Her micro is 12in x 12in.

Then do the hot & cheesy bruscetta dip! No oven, just microwave in rcb w/o puff pastry. It only takes about 5 minutes to heat up! If you use her cooktop, then do something in a skillet-feb. is cookware month. Then you could do a side in the rcb in her little microwave, or the german chocolate cake in the rcb.

I've done the Rush hour fajitas in the RCB in small microwaves. Just make them in two batches...

Any recipes for the Deep Covered Baker cut in half will work! Do a recipe search for it either here or on CC. I have done the Rocky Road chocolate dessert, and it worked fine. I mostly use the micro, so I know there are a ton of recipes. Good luck!

Sandi

I'd also recommend the hot and cheesy bruschetta dip. It feeds a good amount of people and shows off the stoneware. You could also do Zesty Ravioli Skillet w/ Garlic Biscuit Bites to show off the cookware and do a Chocolate Lava Cake in the microwave (either do it in the Rice Cooker Plus, or do a 1/2 mix in the Round Covered Baker.)

1. What types of recipes can be made in a small microwave?

There are many recipes that can be made in a small microwave, such as mug cakes, scrambled eggs, steamed vegetables, and even mac and cheese. The key is to use microwave-safe dishes and follow the cooking instructions carefully.

2. Can I use regular-sized recipes in a small microwave?

Yes, you can use regular-sized recipes in a small microwave. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time and power settings to ensure that the food is cooked evenly and thoroughly.

3. How do I know if my dish is microwave-safe?

Look for labeling on the dish that indicates it is microwave-safe. You can also do a quick test by microwaving the dish with a small amount of water for 1 minute. If the dish is cool to the touch and the water is hot, it is safe to use in the microwave.

4. What are some tips for cooking in a small microwave?

Some tips for cooking in a small microwave include using microwave-safe dishes, stirring or rotating the food halfway through cooking, and cutting food into smaller pieces for more even cooking. It is also important to follow the recommended power and cooking time for each recipe.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when cooking in a small microwave?

Yes, it is important to follow basic safety precautions when using a small microwave. This includes using microwave-safe dishes, avoiding metal or aluminum foil in the microwave, and allowing food to cool before eating. It is also important to read and follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific microwave model.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkowalski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
Staci