• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do When Your Team Wants to Change Your Recognition Program?

the goal. No problem If Greg lets us all have them, you enter your numbers and it makes a chart appropriate to...the goal.
finley1991
Recognition DilemmaOkay... this is something that I would like some input on from the rest of you. I'm having quite a day here dealing with family and might not be very objective with my feelings on this.

My TEAM LOVES my recognition program. They don't want me to change it. What they do want me to change about it, I'm not sure I'm willing to. Here's what I do. Each month, consultants earn roses from me for several things... listed below is the basic list:

- 1 rose for each show submitted in a month
- 1 rose for being in the top 4 in sales
- 1 rose for having the most bookings
- 1 rose for having the highest show
- 1 rose for having the highest show average
- 1 rose for earning a PC incentive (like sell-a-thon or PC$)
- 6 roses for recruiting someone
- 12 roses when your recruit qualifies
- 6 roses for promoting to FD
- 12 roses for promoting to Director
- 1 rose for attending the meeting (so at least everyone gets one)

I send out an e-vite and whoever is coming, I get the roses for them. They cost me on average about $.60 each... I get them at costco. They love it... some go home with one... some go home with 15. It's great.

What my dilemma is, is that sometimes a consultant can't make it to the training or she blows it off. I don't necessarily mind becaue that means that I have nice flowers in my home that last about a week. And if they miss the training, it hurts them more than it hurts me.

What I'm struggling with is that they "tell" me, I can't make it so I'd like to get my roses next month... one consultant for example won't be coming tomorrow to our holiday party because it "might" snow so she wants what she would have earned tomorrow to be given to her in January in addition to the recognition she'll receive then. I don't want to set a precedent and frankly have NO intention of honoring that. They know how it is... if they don't make it to the meeting, they don't get their roses. Also, if I do that, it makes attending the meeting less important and I'm not going to set that standard.

What I need from your brilliant minds is how to respond to it... I'm at a loss and know I will come off really b*#*^y with the mood I'm in right now! :devil:

What can I say nicely that says, "You need to be at the meeting to get your recognition for the month... I will not carry it over month-to-month" without sounding evil or bitter? :mad:

Hope this makes sense and thanks for your input.

PS: My phone has been RINGIN' today with orders!!!! I've put in 4 HO lead orders in the last 8 hours!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!:party:

My opinion is that if she comes tomorrow, great..give recognition. If she doesn't, I would say nothing. Let her bring the subject up again and when she does, tell her exactly what you said here...at least then, some time will have passed and you will be less b&^%$y!!! Do your other consultant's want this, or just this one?

Thanks for your response. I think the others want it, but she's the only one who has the guts to request it. I think most of them "get" it.I think what's bugging me, is that she didn't ask. She told me what to do. I think that's really what's bothering me about this.I think the major thing that I have to overcome is getting them to want to come! They are happy when they come and they enjoy it and I get great feedback from them about the meetings. It's just NOT a priority for them and that's what bums me out. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I've listened to some of the cd's regarding this and implemented some ideas and intend on implementing more in 2008.I guess it's just hard for me because I'm one of those who would never miss a training event or opportunity. And I take what I do seriously... this is not a hobby for me.. it's how I earn my income. So with that, I guess I just have to keep in mind that it's not such a high priority for others.I think I'm getting it now... okay... off to make food for a party tonight and to get ready to go!!!!Thanks for replying!

My AD only gives you your recognition if you show up to the meeting. The only thing I think she will give you at another time is the qualification pin, whisk charm, etc. But if she has something special for you to recognize you for that month and you aren't there you don't get it the following month. I feel that is fair. I make it to all meetings and I make them a priority. I feel that strongly about meetings...without them I don't think I would be where I am today. Having your team attend a meeting is for their benefit and I agree if you start giving them the rose at the next meeting bc they couldn't make it will make it seem like the meetings are okay to skip.
Thats my opinion...:)

I don't even GO there. I make sure it says right in my beginning of the year handout that you must be present to recieve recognition. My dilemma: I have 4 guys on my team. So roses aren't too cool. This year I did a punch card with punches for attendance, taking classes, etc., and awarded PC dollars. It went ok, but I wish more would participate.

Any ideas?

It sounds like Jan is the perfect time to restate the rules for your recognition. I would not hold it over to the next month either! And... I would be ticked off too!

Heh....you could hold onto the roses and give her the old, dead ones....bad me.Okay, my director is a NED and you don't get your recognition without going to a meeting. You are recognized in her newsletter, but the bling, gifts, bragging about stats, etc only happens at a meeting. If you are not here locally, your recognition gets mailed to you AFTER you send her something on the hospitality meeting you attended. If that is a NED's policy, you shouldn't have a problem with it. What I am planning on doing (and what might work for you) is typing up my recognition program for next year and adding it to my newsletter I send out in January. Put that in as part of the program - don't go to meetings, you don't get recognition.

cmdtrgd said:
Heh....you could hold onto the roses and give her the old, dead ones....bad me.

Ha!! That's a good one!:devil:

cmdtrgd said:
Heh....you could hold onto the roses and give her the old, dead ones....bad me.

I like the way you think - LOL:devil:

Your responses made me smile and FEEL MUCH BETTER!I do have the recognition program in my monthly team newsletter and it does say that they need to be present to get their flowers.I had a male consultant for a while and he loved the roses... he gave them to his girlfriend.I will restate the program in January at our meeting because like I mentioned, I'm going to also add some ideas that came from a training cd.And since we're snowed in today, I might be listening to some more of them!Thanks again for all of your help! YOU GUYS ROCK!

I know some of us want to lose weight? So why not be supportive of one another? If we need encouragement, share success.

We can keep our weight to ourselves but just share the #'s lost if want to.

Who wants to join?

We can have weekly check in's to keep us accountable..don't have to share the #'s if you dont want to.

If we want to do this maybe Greg can make us a sub category for this? this way we can have a thread for weekly check-in, encouragement, success?

ideas? thoughts?

Sounds like a plan to me, I'm in.

You better watch out cause I may be the NEXT Biggest Loser!

missydivine said:
You better watch out cause I may be the NEXT Biggest Loser!

I'm IN....BUT....

BRING IT ON MARY.....BRING IT ON!!

chefheidi2003 said:
I'm IN....BUT....

BRING IT ON MARY.....BRING IT ON!!

BRING IT!!

you guys are funny... I may just have to consider this but that would mean me cutting down on my ice ceam doses :(

Carissidy said:
you guys are funny... I may just have to consider this but that would mean me cutting down on my ice ceam doses :(

no..you can still have ice cream every night..either smaller amounts..or the healthier stuff

Nikkijo said:
no..you can still have ice cream every night..either smaller amounts..or the healthier stuff

I know I am one that will need encouraging there... I am the founder of the ICC, you know. I think it is more of an addiction... :cry:

Carissidy said:
I know I am one that will need encouraging there... I am the founder of the ICC, you know. I think it is more of an addiction... :cry:

put down the spoon and take a step back

Nikkijo said:
put down the spoon and take a step back

Good point, one thing I think I am going to start with is drinking more water, I can start that now...

you know there is frozen yogurt Ang

Don't know about losing but I'd like to stop gaining. I'm a South Beach failure and I've had food issues in the past but I'm always for eating healthy. I just yield to temptation far too often. :( I've finally accepted not being able to go back to pre-DD weight but my BMI is in the overweight category and I'm not getting any younger so I don't want to wait until I have health issues to eat better. I used to exercise too but have fallen off that wagon as well... :(

ooh can I join in too I am so excited

Tonia D. said:
ooh can I join in too I am so excited

of course you can!!!

Nikkijo said:
of course you can!!!

I'm so excited about loseing weight, for the journals what kind of stuff would we put in them?

Tonia D. said:
I'm so excited about loseing weight, for the journals what kind of stuff would we put in them?

IDK. I was thinking what all we do exercise wise or lbs lost etc.

Or how about something like:

Day 15: I am so hungry I may eat my own arm. I don't know how much longer I can do this.......

Christ Follower said:

Day 15: I am so hungry I may eat my own arm. I don't know how much longer I can do this.......

alright I understand it know!

Christ Follower said:

hee hee hee!!

Christ Follower said:

rotflmao!!!

count me in after the holidays lol

Tonia D. said:

Whatever you want. I was planning on what I did that day to lose weight..worked out how long..weight loss/gain...and downfalls as well. I think this will be nice to look back on!

Christ Follower said:

lmaosmiley.gif

Greg... can we all do this? (see signature)

friday said:
Greg... can we all do this? (see signature)

YAY! That would be nice! But I have more than 30 to lose!:cry:

Christ Follower said:

No problem If Greg lets us all have them, you enter your numbers and it makes a chart appropriate to you.

friday said:
No problem If Greg lets us all have them, you enter your numbers and it makes a chart appropriate to you.

That would be cool! :thumbsup:

Christ Follower said:

YOu think we can make it that long.

friday said:

I'm not sure mine will fit on the thread.:cry::cry:

Christ Follower said:

Me too!!!! Lots more!!!!:cry::cry:

missydivine said:

I'm with you on that one Mary!

missydivine said:

You better start cutting yourself some slack or you will self sabatoge before you even start. :boss:

missydivine said:
Me too!!!! Lots more!!!!:cry::cry:

Nikkijo said:
I'm with you on that one Mary!

You all need to ditch the bad attitude!!! You can, and you will. If its 10 or 100, it can be done, but a bad attitude won't help you!!!

I want to lose 50lbs...I don't know that we will get to the gym this week but we probably will on Monday and then go EVERY WEEKDAY!! I will weigh myself and take measurements...then I will start a thread to track my own progress...that way everyone can help me lose.

I would love to lose 50 lbs... but I am doubtful. I am going to need you all!!!

Carissidy said:

You definately will need all of us...since you don't have any confidence...

Carissidy said:

Start with 10 pounds. And when you get there, see how you are feeling.

I don't have a scale... contemplating getting one... last time I was on one was at the doc's and I was creeping up according to his. I just may have to break down and find a decent one. I've been going on how tight my jeans are and what size they are and well, my sz 12 with the spandex in them are getting tight. Even DH said something the other day though he meant it in a helpful way (ie 'hey, if you need new jeans just buy them) but it wasn't very helpful and he knew it as soon as he said it and started backpedaling. LOL.. Thing is, I'd NEVER say something to him like that. The only time I've suggested he buy new jeans is when the ones he has develop holes. *sigh*

<h2>1. How does the recognition program work?</h2><p>Each month, consultants can earn roses for various achievements, such as submitting a show, having the highest sales, bookings, or show average, earning a PC incentive, recruiting new team members, and promoting to higher levels within the company. The roses are given out at a monthly meeting and consultants can earn multiple roses depending on their accomplishments.</p><h2>2. How much does each rose cost?</h2><p>On average, each rose costs about $0.60 and can be purchased at Costco. </p><h2>3. What is the main issue with the current recognition program?</h2><p>The dilemma is that some consultants are requesting to receive their earned roses even if they cannot attend the monthly meeting. This goes against the current rule that states consultants must attend the meeting to receive their recognition. </p><h2>4. How can this issue be addressed without setting a precedent?</h2><p>One possible solution is to politely remind consultants that attendance at the monthly meeting is a requirement for receiving recognition. This keeps the standard consistent and reinforces the importance of attending the meeting. Alternatively, the consultant can arrange for someone else to pick up their roses at the meeting if they are unable to attend.</p><h2>5. How can this issue be addressed without coming off as harsh or bitter?</h2><p>It may be helpful to explain the reasoning behind the rule and how it benefits both the consultant and the team as a whole. This can be done in a friendly and understanding manner, while still maintaining the rule that recognition is only given at the monthly meeting. Additionally, acknowledging the consultant's accomplishments and thanking them for their understanding can help soften the message. </p>

1. How does the recognition program work?

Each month, consultants can earn roses for various achievements, such as submitting a show, having the highest sales, bookings, or show average, earning a PC incentive, recruiting new team members, and promoting to higher levels within the company. The roses are given out at a monthly meeting and consultants can earn multiple roses depending on their accomplishments.

2. How much does each rose cost?

On average, each rose costs about $0.60 and can be purchased at Costco.

3. What is the main issue with the current recognition program?

The dilemma is that some consultants are requesting to receive their earned roses even if they cannot attend the monthly meeting. This goes against the current rule that states consultants must attend the meeting to receive their recognition.

4. How can this issue be addressed without setting a precedent?

One possible solution is to politely remind consultants that attendance at the monthly meeting is a requirement for receiving recognition. This keeps the standard consistent and reinforces the importance of attending the meeting. Alternatively, the consultant can arrange for someone else to pick up their roses at the meeting if they are unable to attend.

5. How can this issue be addressed without coming off as harsh or bitter?

It may be helpful to explain the reasoning behind the rule and how it benefits both the consultant and the team as a whole. This can be done in a friendly and understanding manner, while still maintaining the rule that recognition is only given at the monthly meeting. Additionally, acknowledging the consultant's accomplishments and thanking them for their understanding can help soften the message.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • frozenchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • janetupnorth