• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating a Team Member's Success: Recognizing an Unforgettable Achievement

In summary, the conversation is about using olive oil as a moisturizer and the success of a consultant in achieving a $1000 show. Suggestions are given for recognizing and celebrating the consultant's accomplishment, including giving her a pin charm holder and encouraging her to use the extra commission towards Leadership Conference. It is also suggested to have the consultant share her tips and experience with the team.
chefkugler
I have a consultant that has been on my team for almost 3 years now.I have a consultant that has been on my team for almost 3 years now. She has attended 3 conferences and has tried so hard to make success happen in her business. Well this month she has had her highest sales ever and her first $1000 show. She has submitted $5,157 in sales. When she was doing maybe an average of $900.
I want to do something different for her recognition. Something to make her shine and feel good about her accomplishment. :sun:
Any suggestions? :eek:
( I'm still a NEW director and haven't had a month with someone who really went above and beyond)

What would you normally do? What are her goals?

Normally we give out tickets for different categories. Then the top person in sales get an apron that says Top Achiever and they wear that for the month at shows.
This consultants new goal was to make $400-500 a month. She went way over that this time. She cried when she got the 1000 show.

First off I would ask her if she would say a few words on how she got to the $1000 show (tips and stuff) and how it made her feel. Then I would present her with a $1000 pin charm holder (I have some if you need to borrow one) and let her know that she will get a $ charm for every $1000 show after. You can get these through www.glitzetal.com. I would make a big deal about how much she is going to make (if it is okay with her) and ask her what she is going to do with it. If she is looking at directorship, you might want to privately show her what she would have made as a director. You also might want to suggest that she use the "extra" commission towards Leadership Conference. Back to the meeting - does she have a Why bag/binder? If so, give her some big bucks to show off in it. I would also give her some momento of the occasion like a PC mug or something. The 3-2-1 mug in Merril's director store might be good for this. HTH

I agree- when someone has a big success- its great to have them share what they did either at a meeting or in your cluster newsletter. Also the team gets to hear from someone other then their director.

cmdtrgd said:
First off I would ask her if she would say a few words on how she got to the $1000 show (tips and stuff) and how it made her feel. Then I would present her with a $1000 pin charm holder (I have some if you need to borrow one) and let her know that she will get a $ charm for every $1000 show after. You can get these through www.glitzetal.com. I would make a big deal about how much she is going to make (if it is okay with her) and ask her what she is going to do with it. If she is looking at directorship, you might want to privately show her what she would have made as a director. You also might want to suggest that she use the "extra" commission towards Leadership Conference. Back to the meeting - does she have a Why bag/binder? If so, give her some big bucks to show off in it. I would also give her some momento of the occasion like a PC mug or something. The 3-2-1 mug in Merril's director store might be good for this. HTH

That's a really neat, inexpensive place for recognition products (I recognize something my executive director gave me at national conference for promoting to director... Loved it, just wish it were personalized somehow). Where else are you guys shopping for your group besides the Booster, VISTA type sites?

Personalized products can cost a LOT!!! I use thebooster.com , glitzetal.com , theribbonplace.com , Merrill (love the new cell phone charms!!!), magnetstreet.com (mainly for hosts and preferred customers), and Vistaprint.comIf I think of others, I'll post them.

cmdtrgd said:
Personalized products can cost a LOT!!! I use thebooster.com , glitzetal.com , theribbonplace.com , Merrill (love the new cell phone charms!!!), magnetstreet.com (mainly for hosts and preferred customers), and Vistaprint.com

If I think of others, I'll post them.

I have a cell phone charm and can't figure out how to attach it to my cellphone. :confused:

I had it on my key ring but the charm kept falling off. :grumpy:

Does the cell phone charm come with a cord?

bethcooks4u said:
I have a cell phone charm and can't figure out how to attach it to my cellphone. :confused:

I had it on my key ring but the charm kept falling off. :grumpy:

Me either Beth!!! I attached to my purse for a few months, but no one ever started a conversation with me about it! lol. At conference I thought, "Oh what a wonderful idea". I do love it though. :)

cmdtrgd said:
Personalized products can cost a LOT!!! I use thebooster.com , glitzetal.com , theribbonplace.com , Merrill (love the new cell phone charms!!!), magnetstreet.com (mainly for hosts and preferred customers), and Vistaprint.com

If I think of others, I'll post them.

checking out the magnet place & using you as a referral, thanks!

About the personalized key chain... Only 2 of us promoted and this was an national executive director... who got $500+ cash for conference and has benefitted from us. We thought it would have been more special just to have something enscripted on it... even just the date. Because of these feelings I am very conscious to share/appreciate my consultants, knowing we both know I benefit financially for their hard work. When I qualified I didn't get the $2.50 qualified pin ~ would have meant sooooooo much to me to have it (remember Beth? lol. You were nice enough to let me buy one from you. I still love that pin).

Mine came with a stretchy string loop on it. All you have to do is pull the string through a place on your cell phone and then pull the charm back through the string.

finley1991 said:
Does the cell phone charm come with a cord?

Yes but I don't know where/how to attach it. :confused:

Most cell phones have a little bar on the side where you can attach things. Mine has a large bar across the back of mine.

My old one had that but I have a Verizon LG now and I don't see any bar or any way to attach anything. :cry:

bethcooks4u said:
My old one had that but I have a Verizon LG now and I don't see any bar or any way to attach anything. :cry:

That's the one I have. :)

I think I want one now. :blushing: I have that little hook on my phone and never noticed it, but now I think it needs something in it! :D

i've heard of people slathering this stuff all over their skin as a moisturizer. Anyone ever tried this?

You can smell olive oil, and I don't like to smell like a salad. I used to use Extra Emmolient stuff from MK, but I recently started trying something from Beauti Control. I will let you know what I think of it once I have been using it for awhile.

I've seen olive oil skin care products and moisturizers but never heard of just slathering on the regular olive oil.

I've used it.. mostly when I was pregnant and on new babies... great for cradle cap which both of my kids had... really helped to hydrate the area and allow the cradle cap to be combed out. I don't use it on purpose but when I cook with it and some gets on my hands, I don't wash it off.. just rub it in.

SKwong said:
i've heard of people slathering this stuff all over their skin as a moisturizer. Anyone ever tried this?

Remember Kramer used butter :D

Admin Greg said:
Remember Kramer used butter :D

LOL... that reminds me too of the book A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. The main character saves her butter from her food trays so she can moisturize. Later in the book when she befriends her 'keeper' so to speak, he gifts her with the use of real lotion which in the dystopian world they inhabit, is a precious commodity... a luxury not offered to those who aren't high enough in the chain.

1. How can I recognize a team member's success?

There are many ways to recognize a team member's success, such as publicly acknowledging their achievements during team meetings, sending a personal note of congratulations, or giving them a small gift or token of appreciation.

2. What are some creative ways to celebrate a team member's success?

Some creative ways to celebrate a team member's success include hosting a team lunch or dinner, organizing a surprise party, creating a personalized video or slideshow highlighting their achievements, or giving them a day off to relax and enjoy their accomplishment.

3. How can I involve the rest of the team in celebrating a team member's success?

Involving the rest of the team in celebrating a team member's success can create a sense of camaraderie and support. You can ask team members to write personal notes of congratulations, contribute to a group gift, or plan a fun team activity to celebrate together.

4. Is it important to celebrate small achievements as well as big ones?

Absolutely! Recognizing and celebrating even small achievements can boost team morale and motivation. It shows that you value and appreciate the hard work and effort put in by team members, no matter how big or small the accomplishment may be.

5. How often should I celebrate team members' successes?

It's important to recognize and celebrate team members' successes regularly, whether it's on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis. This can help create a positive and encouraging work culture and motivate team members to continue striving for success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
imported_heat123
  • christinaspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef