• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Make with Chicken Breast for Dinner?

In summary, Becky is trying to figure out what to do with chicken breasts that she has in the fridge. She is planning to grill or marinate them in lemon juice, oil, garlic, and Greek Rub. She also plans to make a Greek Salad with the chicken.
rennea
Gold Member
Today I have chicken breast in the fridge but don't know what to do with them..

Anyone have any great ideas or recipes, Becky my queen??

LOL....Hey- where's my crown?:confused:

Today, I am determined to do the Wet Burritos I've been planning since last Saturday! Yesterday, I got too caught up in other things, and didn't get them made, so we had BLT's and fresh green beans for dinner. Besides, I'm trying to season a new Bar Pan, so I NEEDED to do some bacon!:balloon:

For chicken.....it's been so warm here, I would marinate it in some lemon juice, oil of your choice, crushed garlic, and Greek Rub, and then grill. Slice, and serve on pitas or flatbread with tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, and tzatziki sauce!

Or I'd make a Greek Salad with chicken!

Shoot - Now I want to do that instead of the burritos...but I PROMISED DH he'd get the burritos tonight!:rolleyes:

What does tzatziki sauce taste like? That sounds delicious!!!!

janetupnorth said:
What does tzatziki sauce taste like?

That sounds delicious!!!!

It's a Greek Yogurt Sauce....w/ cucumber, and garlic....let me see if I can find a recipe. I buy mine at Costco!:chef:

Here you go: (And I've made it many times without draining the yogurt...draining makes it more of a spread, and not so much a sauce)

Tzatziki Sauce (From Allrecipes.com)

NGREDIENTS

* 2 cups plain yogurt
* 2 cloves crushed garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
* 1 large cucumber - peeled, seeded and shredded

DIRECTIONS

1. Use a cheese cloth to strain the yogurt over a bowl for 3 to 4 hours, until most of the water has drained.
2. Press excess liquid out of the shredded cucumber. In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber and strained yogurt. Mix in the garlic, salt, pepper and mint. Chill the mixture for 1 to 2 hours.

Oh Janet have you really never had tzatziki before? It's yummy!

This is the recipe I use:

1 cucumber
1 cup plain yogurt
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt

Peel the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds using a spoon then grate the cucumber into a small bowl. Stir in the yogurt, garlic, salt. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving to develop the flavor.

Oh Becky you put mint I yours, I've never tried it with mint before!!

I also don't strain my yogurt.

I think I have - just didn't know it was called that! Even think I've made it! LOL!

I am going to SOOO love it when I get cucumbers (my plants are only about 8 inches...not spreading out yet or blooming). :(

rennea said:
Oh Becky you put mint I yours, I've never tried it with mint before!!

I also don't strain my yogurt.

After my bowl from Costco is gone, I think I might try make some with the Greek Rub instead of the fresh mint and S&P.....

We are having burgers (on the grill of there is no rain) with fries and carrots.

Fresh caught Alaskan White Salmon with olive oil and citrus basil rub
--once its done will add some fresh basil to it

left over mini potatoes baked the other day with italian seasoning, garlic and olive oil

grilled squash

DH will have strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert, I am craving ice cream.

Me and Luke sloppy joes or hamburgers at VBS. Russell is having BBQ at home.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's a Greek Yogurt Sauce....w/ cucumber, and garlic....let me see if I can find a recipe. I buy mine at Costco!:chef:

I love that stuff at costco! Yummy!

I have a show tonight so, it's pizza :D

I'm making chicken fajita's in the DCB. I found the recipe somewhere here. But I'm sure it's on CC.:chef:

Related to What Can I Make with Chicken Breast for Dinner?

1. What is the July 24th "What's for Dinner?" recipe?

The July 24th "What's for Dinner?" recipe is our delicious Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken with Vegetables. It's a perfect summer dish that is both flavorful and easy to make!

2. Can I make any substitutions in the recipe for July 24th?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be adaptable to personal preferences and dietary restrictions. You can easily swap out any vegetables or use a different protein, such as tofu or fish, for the Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken.

3. How long will it take to prepare the July 24th recipe?

The Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken with Vegetables should take about 30 minutes to prepare, including marinating time. It's a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights!

4. Are there any tips for grilling the chicken and vegetables?

To ensure evenly cooked chicken and vegetables, make sure to cut them into similar-sized pieces. You can also use a grill basket or skewers to prevent smaller pieces from falling through the grill grates. And don't forget to preheat your grill for best results!

5. Can I make the July 24th recipe in advance?

Yes, you can marinate the chicken and chop the vegetables ahead of time. However, we recommend grilling the chicken and vegetables fresh for optimal flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • babywings76