• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Other Favorite Forums?

In summary, this forum is a great resource for information on a variety of topics. Some people are interested in cooking and homemaking forums, while others are interested in genealogy and web site development forums. This forum has a variety of topics that are relevant to anyone.
genburk
Silver Member
I LOVE this forum and would like to join others that have the same friendly atmosphere.

I am interested in cooking, homemaking, genealogy, and web site developement forums mostly, but I think we could help lots of others by posting our most favorite forums of all (Here is a spot for you car fans to enter yours..... TKG and Ann:D ) .

You never know, someone might be interested in something and never found a great forum...... until you mention it.

www.prisontalk.com/forums

This place has anything and everthing, of course mostly prison related, but I've found it to be an excellent resource for non-prison related information.

Dare to venture....

Countrykitchenmichelle said:

This place has anything and everthing, of course mostly prison related, but I've found it to be an excellent resource for non-prison related information.

Dare to venture....

::::::scratching my head:::::::confused:

Dare to venture....

I dared to venture..

And I have to say it was interesting.

The main reason I dared was because a lady in my area was just sentenced to 54 years in prison after a highly publicized trial (only locally, I believe). I was looking at Marysville prison in Ohio today... just to see what it was like. I was really curious if she would be able to see her children. They keep saying she won't be able to, but I think it has more to do with losing them to Child Protective Services, than where she is going. So I had some direction to look. However, I don't think I will hang out there ....but it did make for very interesting reading.

And if you have any relatives that are headed in that direction, it did seem to be pretty supportive for everyone....

Last edited:
I found a couple of cooking forums but not sure if I want to sign up for them, and then not like them or find that they are not like this one - so friendly and open to everyone.

Is anyone using these at this time and do you like them?

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/

http://www.cheftalk.com/forums/

http://www.cookingforums.com/cf/ ( I think this one might be newer?)

My husband runs www.thelincolnforum.net. I have an account there, and do occasionally post. But I'm far more active here. And love the people here more! (The TLF folks seem to love baiting each other and starting wars of words. DH had to start a new area called "The War Room" specifically for topics that were likely to cause problems.)I don't go to any other forums, but there are some blogs I read regularly.

I was surprised it wasn't a joke from TKG...

I am a member at www.worldcrossing.com There are 1,000s of forums to choose from, from busy to not-so-busy. I own a couple of the forums there. One is a FLYLady board and another is for Grey's Anatomy fans. Others I hang out around there are Cost Cutting and another private one that we talk about anything and everything, but the conversation always comes back to FOOD!!!! lol

Oh yeah.... I like to read blogs, too. I have my own that I try to update frequently. http://mymenu.spaces.live.com

The only other forum I regularly read & post to is Dotti's Weight Loss Zone, www.dwlz2.com. It's a Weight Watchers unofficial board. Specifically, I hang in the 30s board tho I won't officially "belong" until August!

I love www.knittinghelp.com but I don't post on the forums there. If you knit or ever wanted to learn this is an awesome site with tons of ideas and teaching videos. It is way easier to learn something from a video than from illustrations!!

I have been trying to learn to knit for um..... a few years now... just don't have the time, but I would love to go check out the forum and see what I can learn. Thanks, Gillian

Gillian,
I really liked the knitting forum. Although I haven't been back there since my last post.

I found a new forum about anything food related. It is www.chowhound.com

Does anyone else use this forum? I haven't taken much time to look, but it looked interesting.

speedychef said:
I was surprised it wasn't a joke from TKG...
Nope - but if I told you the other forum I go visit, most people up here wouldn't talk to me anymore.

A few of you would. ;)

the only other forums I visit are for World of Warcraft (official forums and my guild forums) and the occasional stroll to a couple parenting websites. :)

genburk said:
I have been trying to learn to knit for um..... a few years now... just don't have the time, but I would love to go check out the forum and see what I can learn. Thanks, Gillian
Okay, you knit knuts, please follow this link (I also noticed this store appeared in your knitting forum a few times) to Yarn Expressions and let me know what you think of the website.

I know the store is not close to either of you, but they do a lot of Internet business, too.

Mothering.com

awesome!

Dare to venture....

OMG OMG OMG OMG:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nope - but if I told you the other forum I go visit, most people up here wouldn't talk to me anymore.

A few of you would. ;)

Now I am SO curious. I really, really wonder what you do in your "free" time, KG. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I stir up trouble. ;)

I'd have never dreamed it. Say it ain't so!

jenniferp417 said:
I'd have never dreamed it. Say it ain't so!
Main Entry: ag·i·ta·tor
Pronunciation: 'a-j&-"tA-t&r
Function: noun
: one that agitates : as
a : one who stirs up public feeling on controversial issues <political agitators>
b : a device or an apparatus for stirring or shaking

Cute, KG, cute!My dad always says his four purposes in life are to irritate, instigate, agitate, and aggravate. Sounds like you two have similar goals.

Dare to venture....
I checked it out. I have an exfiance in a NJ prison. Its just such a sad story. He isn't in for anything violent... mostly drugs. I probably sound like a Lifetime movie, but he is a good guy, he just needs to move far away from the bad influences around here and start over. He won't be out for a long time though. He had such an awful childhood, and I know as adults we need to take responsibility for our actions, but what happens when someone doesn't even get the solid foundation they need? Visiting that site reminded me of things I haven't thought of in years. A bit surreal.

jenniferp417 said:
Cute, KG, cute!

My dad always says his four purposes in life are to irritate, instigate, agitate, and aggravate. Sounds like you two have similar goals.
My real purpose is to make people think.

As a fellow writer once said to me, "If you don't aggravate some people once and awhile, why bother writing?"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
My real purpose is to make people think.

As a fellow writer once said to me, "If you don't aggravate some people once and awhile, why bother writing?"

I like that. I like it very much.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

A few of you would. ;)

I bet I would!!

(I hope you're talking about a sexual deviant forum, not Partylites!)

Aren't those the same thing? Yikes! That's the last time I go to a Partylites party.

You'd have twice the room, then, on the Executive Double Burner Griddle.

Two of my favorites are Christian based, I stumbled across one, which led me to the other, and I enjoy both of them. The first is TheGenerouswife.com (there is also a Generous Husband one) and themarriagebed.com . the 2nd one has been so helpful to me and my husband.

genburk said:
I dared to venture..

And I have to say it was interesting.

The main reason I dared was because a lady in my area was just sentenced to 54 years in prison after a highly publicized trial (only locally, I believe). I was looking at Marysville prison in Ohio today... just to see what it was like. I was really curious if she would be able to see her children. They keep saying she won't be able to, but I think it has more to do with losing them to Child Protective Services, than where she is going. So I had some direction to look. However, I don't think I will hang out there ....but it did make for very interesting reading.

And if you have any relatives that are headed in that direction, it did seem to be pretty supportive for everyone....

Ohhh... You're talking about Liz Carroll, aren't you? Such a sad and unbelievable situation...

Yep, Sure was.... She had just been sentenced and the link was posted so I dared to venture....

Dave should have gotten more time too, but maybe the life sentence will keep him in there longer.

I sure hope so. I wish the judge could sentance them to the same thing they did to Marcus... that would be a better punishment. Makes me want to get sick to think of what that poor kid went through... Now I need to go hug my kids and remind myself how much I love them...

My thought is wrap them up, put them in the sun, take to the brink, bring them in the shade, just enough to feel a little better then....

back to the sun and do it again..... and again..... and again.....

(I am NOT really this mean, but some situations call for it.....)

And Amy too, I think there is still more to the story !!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Okay, you knit knuts, please follow this link (I also noticed this store appeared in your knitting forum a few times) to Yarn Expressions and let me know what you think of the website.

I know the store is not close to either of you, but they do a lot of Internet business, too.

It looks like a great site. I love the colorful yarn on the home page. IF I had learned to knit by now and wasn't using the same yarn again and again, then I might buy some.

Thanks. Do you knit? or does the Kat lady?

Kneither of us.My sister-in-law owns the store. ;)My brother, The Rocket Scientist, moved to Huntsville about a dozen years ago, and my SIL is a prodigious knitter. There was one little yarn store so she opened her own. She outgrew one location and is in larger quarters now. It's now the largerst yarn store in northern Alabama.

Well, I would rather buy from someone I 'know' and especially a small business owner than anyone else. So if I do buy anything online, that will be the store. Thanks.

A site I like is www.coffeeforums.com. Its been helpful with my coffee biz and great coffee info, too. Although, there are some huge coffee snobs, so watch out!

Hmmm...I know your business is a grind but it smells like trouble brewing.

Anyone who'd give you a hard time is a drip.

Well, I have to say that I think this forum is good to the last drip, I mean drop.

ahhh.... so much love, here at Chef Success.

<h2>1. What are the best forums for cooking enthusiasts?</h2><p>Some popular forums for cooking enthusiasts include Food52, Chowhound, and Serious Eats.</p><h2>2. Where can I find forums for homemaking tips and advice?</h2><p>You may enjoy forums such as The Nest, Apartment Therapy, or Houzz for homemaking discussions and tips.</p><h2>3. Are there any forums specifically for genealogy research?</h2><p>Yes, there are several great genealogy forums, such as Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, and Genealogy.com.</p><h2>4. Can you recommend any forums for web development?</h2><p>Some popular forums for web development include Stack Overflow, WebmasterWorld, and CSS-Tricks.</p><h2>5. Is there a forum that combines all of these interests?</h2><p>Yes, the Pampered Chef community forum may have subforums dedicated to cooking, homemaking, genealogy, and web development, making it a great place to connect with others who share your interests.</p>

1. What are the best forums for cooking enthusiasts?

Some popular forums for cooking enthusiasts include Food52, Chowhound, and Serious Eats.

2. Where can I find forums for homemaking tips and advice?

You may enjoy forums such as The Nest, Apartment Therapy, or Houzz for homemaking discussions and tips.

3. Are there any forums specifically for genealogy research?

Yes, there are several great genealogy forums, such as Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, and Genealogy.com.

4. Can you recommend any forums for web development?

Some popular forums for web development include Stack Overflow, WebmasterWorld, and CSS-Tricks.

5. Is there a forum that combines all of these interests?

Yes, the Pampered Chef community forum may have subforums dedicated to cooking, homemaking, genealogy, and web development, making it a great place to connect with others who share your interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MarciMac
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • The_Kitchen_Guy