• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Internet Trolls- How to Spot One, and What to Do

In summary, trolls are cowards who post to get an argument started, then sit back and count the responses. If you see a post that is repetitious or off-topic, or that seems to be troll-like in nature, be sure to respond.
And it's PINK lemonade for HWC and cause pink is just more fun!:balloon: :p

Kitchen Diva said:
I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!" And I thought it was soooo funny. It stuck with me, so I use it here and there- like in this thread that I have started AND hijacked. LOLDH knows better than to try and follow what we are gabbing about on here. I think it might give him a headache. I don't ask questions about his Goldwing motorcycle boards and he doesn't ask questions about my Chef Success board! LOL
HEY!!! (yeah.. I know... I'm late in the fray...) I HAVE THAT BUMPER STICKER!!! ....And used to have a Goldwing too.... LOL-meryl

Mwalker said:
HEY!!! (yeah.. I know... I'm late in the fray...) I HAVE THAT BUMPER STICKER!!! ....And used to have a Goldwing too.... LOL

-meryl

Then you my friend, are cool!

susanr613 said:
The direction this thread went on was a very positive one - figures a bunch of Cheffers can make lemonade from lemons.

Ahem... All my threads go in a positive direction, even if they have to do with someone being positively negative! :) LOL:angel:

I like the dark side-chocolate that is!

Ann R.

Speaking of moviesHas anyone seen the Horton Hears A Who movie? Was it good/funny?

Kitchen Diva said:
Has anyone seen the Horton Hears A Who movie? Was it good/funny?
It was cute. There were a few parts that scared my son (when the vulture tries to scare Horton)

Saw it at the Drive-in last week.... Not really impressed. Seemed way too long. Even the kids got rammy during it.-meryl

Kitchen Diva said:
Has anyone seen the Horton Hears A Who movie? Was it good/funny?

It was really good. Lots of POSITIVE messages. Much better than I expected. My kids are still quoting it 3 weeks later.

I didn't see it but my kids did last month - in Ireland - with their aunt - they loved it - she said it was really cute as well - I might wait till it comes out on DVD and get it -

Love the hijack from what this thread started at - so glad I missed the drama this time!!

1. What is a troll?A troll is someone who posts messages on the internet with the intention of causing disruption, upset, or insult to a group or individual. The term comes from the fishing technique of trailing bait in hopes of getting a bite.2. Why do trolls do it?Trolls may do it for a sense of power or control, to feel like they are part of a strong or successful group, or simply because they are lonely and want attention.3. How can troll posts be recognized?Troll posts are often obvious and may lack imagination, be pedantic, use a false identity, be cross-posted to multiple groups, or miss the point of the conversation. Trolls may also have an obsession with their own intelligence.4. Who is at risk of being targeted by trolls?Any online group or community can attract trolls, but they tend to go after topics like sex, religion, and politics where they can get a quick response.5. When should you be concerned about a troll?Trolls can be annoying and disruptive, but they generally don't pose a serious threat. However, if a troll becomes persistent and personal, it may escalate into internet stalking and should be addressed accordingly.
1. What is a troll?A troll is someone who posts messages on the internet with the intention of causing disruption, upset, or insult to a group or individual. The term comes from the fishing technique of trailing bait in hopes of getting a bite.2. Why do trolls do it?Trolls may do it for a sense of power or control, to feel like they are part of a strong or successful group, or simply because they are lonely and want attention.3. How can troll posts be recognized?Troll posts are often obvious and may lack imagination, be pedantic, use a false identity, be cross-posted to multiple groups, or miss the point of the conversation. Trolls may also have an obsession with their own intelligence.4. Who is at risk of being targeted by trolls?Any online group or community can attract trolls, but they tend to go after topics like sex, religion, and politics where they can get a quick response.5. When should you be concerned about a troll?Trolls can be annoying and disruptive, but they generally don't pose a serious threat. However, if a troll becomes persistent and personal, it may escalate into internet stalking and should be addressed accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies