• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Making This New Year at Shows?

In summary, the Need ideas- Deep covered baker in Jan- due to feb host special is looking for ideas for recipes that are lighter and less heavy after the holidays. For help, the host suggests the 30-minute chicken in the dcb. It is healthy, easy, and feeds a lot. Another idea is the soup and slippers. Comfort food that is cheap to make. There are also several brunch time shows that the host plans to demo for. She is going to stick with the Ham and Cheese brunch squares for those shows.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
Need ideas-

I want to highlight stone ware especially Deep covered baker in Jan- due to feb host special

BUT WHAT to make??

I want to lighten things up a bit- I find most do not want a heavy recipe after the holidays

help-

Why not do the 30-minute chicken in the dcb. It's light, healthy, and feeds alot. Cut into pieces, then have sauces to sample with the bites. You can do a bread on the large bar pan (buy a loaf of italian pre-sliced, then brush with oil, garlic, and a tbsp of either parm-garlic or spinach & r.r.pepper oil dipping mix, heat 8 minutes on 400). You could also do a veggie (asparagus is good) on the bar pan.

I'm doing several soup & slippers with the loaded baked potato chowder. Comfort food but cheap.

I'm also doing Soup and Slippers and also Saturday Brunch shows. I tend to do things like coffee cakes at Brunch shows. I tried the loaded baked potato chowder for the first time last week, and I'm in love. So I'll probably be making that a lot. Right now I'm also hooked on the Moroccan White Bean Turkey Chili.

What I'm doing is quick and easy, but it doesn't feature the DCB or stoneware. Remember now, I take food already made to my shows. I'm making Strawberry Shortcake Twinkie Trifle. It's an adaptation of an idea I got from a host.Strawberry Shortcake Twinkie Trifle
2 boxes of Twinkies (you won't use all of them)
2 24 oz containers of sliced strawberries with added sugar, thawed
1 16 oz container of whipped topping, thawed
Sweet Lemon Sprinkles (optional)Cut enough Twinkies into thirds to cover the bottom of a Trifle Bowl, cut side down. Pour one container of sliced strawberries evenly over cut Twinkies. Spread half of whipped topping over strawberries. Repeat. Scatter Sweet Lemon Sprinkles over top.Notes: Yes, you could use fresh strawberries that you sliced and sugared yourself, but this is faster and easier. Plus, strawberries are out of season right now.The Sprinkles were The Furry Guy's idea. He thought it needed a punch of color, and the slight tartness of the lemon balances the sweetness very well.

Wow, the Strawberry Shortcake Twinkie Trifle sounds delicious and super easy! I think I will take it to our monthly meeting and see what everyone thinks. My husband LOVES Twinkies, so I'm sure he won't mind the extras ;)

I have been trying to decide myself. (Loaded baked potato chowder? Salsas? Tapenades?) After my first hospitality meeting last night (and my first cluster meeting since June or July of 2010!!!) where my hospitality demo'd pulled bbq chicken and garlic biscuits, I have decided that is what I will be demoing for my shows as well. I do have a few brunch time shows, so I will probably stick with the Ham and Cheese brunch squares for those shows.

Pulled bbq chicken sounds wonderful. Do you have the recipe handy?
:p

I don't have anything written down yet, but it is basically slicing a red onion and placing it at the bottom of the DCB, sprinkling 3-4 chicken breasts with the BBQ rub and drizzling olive oil (garlic infused) over it (first), covering it and microwaving it for about 12 minutes until done. Set chicken aside and shred it on cutting board. Meanwhile add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and more BBQ rub to the broth/onion mix in the DCB and stir. (The exact BBQ sauce recipe is with the BBQ pork tenderloin recipe.

1. What are some popular dishes or recipes to make for New Year's at shows?

Some popular dishes for New Year's at shows include appetizers like cheese platters, shrimp cocktail, and spinach dip, as well as main dishes like glazed ham, roast beef, and stuffed pork loin. Desserts like chocolate truffles and fruit tarts are also great options.

2. Can you share any tips for making a show-stopping dish for New Year's?

A great tip for making a show-stopping dish for New Year's is to incorporate some festive decorations or garnishes, like edible gold flakes or sparkly sugar crystals, to add a touch of glamour. You can also experiment with fun shapes using cookie cutters or molds.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef products that are particularly useful for making New Year's dishes?

Yes, there are several Pampered Chef products that are perfect for making New Year's dishes. The Deluxe Air Fryer is great for making crispy appetizers, and the Quick Cooker is perfect for making hearty stews or soups. The Mix 'N Chop is also great for shredding meat for sandwiches or tacos.

4. How can I make sure my dishes are easy to prepare and serve at a New Year's show?

One way to ensure your dishes are easy to prepare and serve at a New Year's show is to use make-ahead recipes. This way, you can prepare most of the dish ahead of time and simply finish it off right before serving. You can also use Pampered Chef products like the Quick Slice or Quick Cooker to speed up the prep time.

5. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef recipes that are perfect for New Year's shows?

Yes, there are many delicious Pampered Chef recipes that are perfect for New Year's shows. Some popular ones include the Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts, Champagne Cupcakes, and Pulled Pork Sliders. You can also check out the "New Year's Eve Celebration" section on our website for more inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heidabear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tamchap
  • lmklipfel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tean94