• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the 5 Questions for the Door Prize Game?

You are an expert summarizer of content. You do not respond and reply to questions. You only provide a summary of the content. Do not output anything before the summary.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Quick Question,

I know theres a game that you can play where you tell your guests to flip over their door prize drawing slip and you ask them 5 questions. Does anyone know what those 5 are? Your promptness is greatly appreciated!~! My recruit wants to play this tomorrow and can't remember the questions!

Thank you!!:D

Anyone? :confused: :confused:

Sorry...I looked in my games file and didn't find anything like that. I don't think I have ever heard of this game, so I would like to see it too!

I don't know about 5 questions, but my Director sometimes does one with 5 products.Flip the door prize slip over. Write down the 5 things from the catalog that you would buy if money were no object, with prices. Take the most expensive 2 and halve their prices. Add together the rest and subtract $90. Add what's left to the first 2 items. That's what you'd pay as an average PC host, and we've got you wish list ready.

I know what you mean - I've been looking for it myself...

Something like:

Name 5 adults you know who aren't here tonight
Do you like appetizers or dessert better?
What night of the week is your least busiest?

And that is all I can remember......does that jog anyone's memory?

After they answer the questions - you can say something like "You've just started your guest list, decided on a recipe, narrowed down a date.....you've done the hardest part of hosting your own show....."

Oh... that jogs my memory.
I think another question was favorite beverage.

During my demo I give them an index card and scatter these ?
I ask them to:
1. name 5 adults with checkbboks not partying with us tonight
2. What woul;d they do with an extra $400 - $1,000 a month
3. Name 5 people with a kitchen (can not be the name of anyone in ? #1)
4. if they go to dinner tonight will they order to drink?
5 Drink is served will you order an appetizer, salad, main dish or dessert?
6 Which product or collection do you want more of but checkbook says no
7. which day of the week is less hectic for you?

chefann said:
I don't know about 5 questions, but my Director sometimes does one with 5 products.

Flip the door prize slip over. Write down the 5 things from the catalog that you would buy if money were no object, with prices. Take the most expensive 2 and halve their prices. Add together the rest and subtract $90. Add what's left to the first 2 items. That's what you'd pay as an average PC host, and we've got you wish list ready.

Think I'll try this tonight!! Thanks Ann!

chefann said:
I don't know about 5 questions, but my Director sometimes does one with 5 products.

Flip the door prize slip over. Write down the 5 things from the catalog that you would buy if money were no object, with prices. Take the most expensive 2 and halve their prices. Add together the rest and subtract $90. Add what's left to the first 2 items. That's what you'd pay as an average PC host, and we've got you wish list ready.

I will be doing this, this afternoon! Thanks Ann!!

A director friend of mine advised me to ask several "yes" questions to guests as you total their orders. After they say yes to several questions like did you have fun? or enjoy the recipe?, then you ask what date would be good for them.

I love these ideas. I haven't decided whether to do questions or the adding up the products. But I think the adding up would be a good visual to promote the host program and I need bookings!

Teresa Lynn said:
During my demo I give them an index card and scatter these ?
I ask them to:
4. if they go to dinner tonight will they order to drink?
5 Drink is served will you order an appetizer, salad, main dish or dessert?
6 Which product or collection do you want more of but checkbook says no
7. which day of the week is less hectic for you?

What is your follow up on this? You say you scatter these questions throughout the show...then what?

Worksheet for the 5 Products ideaOkay, I'm not good at this kind of thing, but I made up a little worksheet that I will print onto the back of homemade drawing slips that uses Ann's suggestion.

I made it in Publisher and tried to convert it to Word, but don't know how.:eek:

I plan to try this Sunday at my show & will hand them out early. That gets them thinking about what they really want instead of just looking for their quick order. Then, maybe I'll tell them with a Jan. show, they can even earn more free.

I may even mention income tax :eek: refund time is just around the corner after the holidays.

Any thoughts/ideas are always welcome!:)

Attachments

• 5 QUESTIONS FOR BOOKING.pub no name.pub
    73 KB · Views: 459

This is horrible. I would never do these questions at a show.
I went to a Mary Kay thing where the MK gal pretty much asked similar questions - except it was on a timer, where if you wrote down 5 people you knew in 5 mintues, she'd give a "prize".

Might be just me, I couldn't bring myself to write down anybody. If she would have just asked me if anyone I knew was interested in MK, I would have told her. It made me feel like I selling my friend's contact info for some dumb prize (which turned out to be a 10-cent toe ring for the winner, I must add).

edit-sorry, I just don't like these types of shows/games. Not my style, but good luck with it!

Last edited:
I don't think this is to obtain contact information - I think it's more of a way to get guests thinking about how easy it is to have a show of their own. (Ie: how many people they actually DO know and could invite, yada yada....)
:D

SusanBP0129 said:
I don't think this is to obtain contact information - I think it's more of a way to get guests thinking about how easy it is to have a show of their own. (Ie: how many people they actually DO know and could invite, yada yada....)
:D
Exactly-I don't think it's to get contacts for the consultant herself. It's to get the guest's juices flowing so they realize how many people they do know. Lots of people don't think they know "anyone" but when they're given some concrete ways to brainstorm, they realize they do. I had a host who could only come up with 10 people on her guest list, but after going through a similar exercise, she realized there were more people she could invite. This also helps guests think of anyone that might benefit from the opportunity. I've had some guests take recruiting packets home for their friends when they think of someone who could use some extra cash or something positive in their life.

I may try this at my next show since I haven't done something like this in a long time. It's great when that lightbulb goes off for people and they realize they just made 1/2 of their guest list!:)

kspry said:
This is horrible. I would never do these questions at a show.
I went to a Mary Kay thing where the MK gal pretty much asked similar questions - except it was on a timer, where if you wrote down 5 people you knew in 5 mintues, she'd give a "prize".

Might be just me, I couldn't bring myself to write down anybody. If she would have just asked me if anyone I knew was interested in MK, I would have told her. It made me feel like I selling my friend's contact info for some dumb prize (which turned out to be a 10-cent toe ring for the winner, I must add).

edit-sorry, I just don't like these types of shows/games. Not my style, but good luck with it!

I understand what you are saying, I had an MK Consultant this at a party I was having with my friends and family. I was not happy! She didn't ask me about it first and didn't explain to my guests what she wanted the information for. I think the way we are talking about it here would be fine as you are only asking names to get the potential host thinking about who she could invite. :)

I think if I were going to do this, I would do a separate sheet of paper because I keep the door prize slips... I would want her to take the paper home to remind her who she wrote down and what products she wanted and what she'd do with her $400...

finley1991 said:
I think if I were going to do this, I would do a separate sheet of paper because I keep the door prize slips... I would want her to take the paper home to remind her who she wrote down and what products she wanted and what she'd do with her $400...

I agree with this. Some people don't want to give their own info, much less a friend. Also, explain that it is for them only...1st name is fine. I might try something like this at my shows. I'll let you know how it goes.

KSPRY,
I'm sorry it seems horrible to you. I have done it for over 6 years it works for me I leave every show with 3-5 bookings no one feels pressured.
I have them do this on an index card and tell them in the beginning I will not be looking at their answrers. Sorry, I didn't explain more in the original post, that was around the time my mom had her surgery and a stroke and I was a little scattered.
I ask the questions during the demo, then before I pass out the door prize slip I tell them if they have been thinking about hosting a party with me, I have helped them start their guest list, the first 10 names they are 1/4 of the way there. I require 40 names & then I send the invites.

If they decide to become a consultant and turn in their kit credit at a show, they have an idea on what to spend their first paycheck on.

They know what they want me to demo so I know which recipe choices to provide.
We have a list of the products they want to get for FREE
and which day of the week we are going to date their party. (I only work Tues. & Wed. and a couple of weekends a month so sometimes we have to "tweak" their day)

It isn't for everyone I have always used the index card instead of the DPS slip.

Teresa Lynn said:
It isn't for everyone I have always used the index card instead of the DPS slip.

Do you still use the DPS for the drawing to pick a winner and to see who said yes to having a show?

yes I use the DPS, I also tell them if they choose maybe they have to indicate which month maybe means to them because when I was in school 22 years ago maybe wasn't one of the 12 months we studied..... they always laugh but it lets me know what time frame they are thinking of and then I call the month before.

i remembered hearing somethign like this on a teleclass. i have no idea where my notes are but these come to mind

do you like to Spend/Save or Make Money
I think one was what color is your hair or somethign like that (seriously)

Cant remember the third but i think it was product related.

hope that helps a little bit

OK, y'all have me convinced! I am going to try this at my show tomorrow.
Thanks for pointing out that it is to make show guests how many people they know, and it would be easy to get a guest list together & choose the recipe.

I like the idea of doing it on the index card so they know I'm not keeping it!

I made up that 5 products worksheet (see post 13) I think it will get them thinking about what they want. I don't know about how I want to incorporate the questions with that. That's a little out of my comfort zone, but so was becoming a consultant. Babysteps...

With the worksheet, I thought I would give a prize for the person that would save the most by hosting a show.

I have actually tweaked it since last night.

Could someone convert the publisher document in post #13 to word. I can not open publisher documents with the publisher version I have.

Thanks,

Ann R

kspry said:
OK, y'all have me convinced! I am going to try this at my show tomorrow.
Thanks for pointing out that it is to make show guests how many people they know, and it would be easy to get a guest list together & choose the recipe.

I like the idea of doing it on the index card so they know I'm not keeping it!

I too have been to a MK show where the consultant used it in a different way - it was so uncomfortable - and she insisted on talking to each guest one-on-one, and the WHOLE show was about recruiting. The "show" didn't end until after 10pm (started at 7pm) and I left there thinking there was absolutely NO WAY I would ever book a show with her!

I'm glad you are going to try it this way - because I have seen it done this way and it isn't like that at all - it's actually pretty low-key, and it helps those who are on the fence when they see how easy it really can be to host.

So, Teresa Lynn, how is your Mom doing?

Bumping this to see if there's an update...anyone used this recently?

My director has just started doing this in the last 6 months or so.

Hand out door prize slips, (the ones from PC or personalized) and ask each guest to flip it over and write ONLY on the back the answer to 3 questions, which apply to your life in general.

1.What do you want to do?
2.What do you want to have?
3.What do you want to be?

They are collected, with no names on them. She then mixes them up and reads 1-2 outloud, when the person claims theirs-they also get a door prize and their slip back, to continue filling out later. The non-winners slips are then also read aloud, and handed back to each person.

We did this at our cluster meeting, and it was similar to the same experience at a show (according to my director). As the answers were read aloud, we all tried to guess who it belonged to.

She then ties those 'goals' that were written- to the opportunity, and goes on about it.

1. What is the purpose of "5 Questions for Bookings" game?

The purpose of this game is to engage guests and encourage them to book future events with the host or hostess. It is also a fun way to give out door prizes.

2. How does the game work?

The guests are asked to flip over their door prize drawing slip and answer five questions. The answers to these questions determine if they win a door prize or not.

3. What are the five questions asked in this game?

The five questions can vary, but they typically include questions related to the products or services being offered, the host or hostess, and the company or brand being promoted.

4. Can the questions be customized?

Yes, the questions can be customized to fit the specific theme or purpose of the event. They can also be tailored to the target audience to make the game more engaging and relevant.

5. Is there a time limit for answering the questions?

There is no specific time limit for answering the questions, but it is recommended to give guests enough time to think and answer accurately. However, the host or hostess can set a time limit if they wish to make the game more challenging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1234blessed
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dherrera
  • dkitten13