• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried the Sealed Envelope Game for Booking Shows?

In summary, the caller is considering doing the sealed envelope game, but is nervous about guests thinking it's needy. She thinks that if the game is fun and there isn't that awkward silence, it won't seem needy.
pc_jessica
okay so i have a cooking show tomorrow night and for my last two shows i have done the booking tree...not so much success with that, so i have been thinking about doing the sealed envelope game. where some envelopes have prizes and some have 'you won a cooking show with me!', but i was wondering your thoughts on this. do you think this game comes off as being needy? (truth is i am! i need more shows, i don't have any in september!!) i would like to do this but don't want the guests to be turned off by it. what are you thoughts?

I've always thought that a cooking show as a prize is lame, myself. If you did the sealed envelope game, do it as in they win the mystery prize in the envelope and can't look unless they book. Look for the thread going on now about the "Top Secret" envelopes, that's what I'm going to be doing next time.

I just listened to a call called "3 boxes 3 bookings". The idea is you get 3 little boxes or purses, whatever, and in each one you put a picture or name of a product all in the same price range (you decide what price range you want to work with). Then at whatever point in your show when you're asking for bookings you put the 3 boxes out on the table/whatever so all the guests can see them. You ask for just 1 person who might want to book, and that person, let's call her Susie, gets to pick one of the 3 boxes, BUT NOT OPEN IT. You put the other 2 boxes away and then say "ok, Susie can only open this and see what's in it if one more person says they'll book", after that person books and Susie opens up, you say "ok, for tonight's host to receive this product, I need a 3rd person to book and tonight's host will receive this product when I hold that 3rd show!". If you get stuck at any of the steps there are different ways to handle it. At any point you can do one of many options: make sure you let people off the hook (don't make them feel THAT guilty), lower the "requirements" by saying a catalog show counts, say to the host "you know I'm sure there are some guests that couldn't make it tonight that might want to book", or tell the host that rebooking counts (if you're stuck at only 2 bookings). This woman said she got 37 bookings in 11 shows and had booked through February before Thanksgiving, then in January booked 57 more shows! I'd be happy with 1-2 bookings per show!

If you want the link to the call, let me know.

I am not a fan of gimmicks or games.You have to talk about bookings during your show--in your opening, during your demo (link it to a high priced item and make them WANT it--cookware, knives, DCB), and then during your closing. Then do the full service check out and ASK EVERYONE. Don't even look at their slips, just say "were you one of the people that was interested in hosting your own show?"Expect the bookings and you'll get them.

I have tried games and for me, they haven't worked very well. When I talk about booking, I will just ask... "Is there something you really want, but you can't justify buying it?" Then host a show, and you'll get that item for free or half-price! I also mention that when they book, they are helping out their friend (the host). People are moreinclined to help their friend.

But, whatever yoy are comfortable with and works for you, do it! :)

And, I wanted to add, that if the game is fun and there isn't that awkward silence, then it wouldn't seem needy, IMHO.

thanks for you suggestions...i am not sure what i am going to do yet...i think i do talk about bookings alot i do it at the beggining with the host program, and during the demo if i am using alot of higher priced items, and then again when i go through the guest packets (i have a host special sheet in there for the next 3 months) and then again in the closing (something like...so i know you have seen alot of items here tonight and there are 3 ways to get them, buy, host or start selling)...and then at the checkout i do ask everyone, just not getting alot of takers :( so i don't know what i am doing wrong at my shows...because everyone always says they have a great time and its alot of fun...so im just trying to come up with something that will intrigue them abit more to book!

Then you should try it!

Jessica, you're doing the board game right? I'm just brain storming here, but what if you bought a small suitcase, like pencil box size. Put a number from 1-30 in it. and lay the prize right by it. Like a pizza cutter, small cutting board etc.

then as you play your game, tell the guests that the prize will go to the person who books a show with that matching number. or have three suitcases with three prizes & numbers. increase your odds,
cutting board.jpg

Look up my "everyone's a winner" game - similar to your envelope idea. Basically, you are indirectly buying bookings. Not a terrible thing, but recognize it for what it is. How is your host coaching? Your host can steer you toward which guests might book. Your host should rebook in 6 months or less, too. About 2/3 of mine do.

okay so i have thought about this alot last night...heck i couldn't sleep cuz i was thinking about this! anyways here is the idea i came up with...what do you guys think?
during my show i will talk at least 3-4 times about booking, openiing, demo, booking slide, and closing. at each one of those times I will put 3-4 goodie bags on my table. the bags will be for those that want to book a show. the bags will have a prize (free product between $10-$15) that they will recieve at their show. so whoever decided they want to book a show they will get to pick a goodie bag! ideas???

Sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of doing something like that too, but combined with a booking tree idea. My mom went to a Sensaria party for a neighbor and booked and show and she had "goodie bags" with her available dates on them with a free product, a package of appetizer plates & beverage napkins (super cute), and the host packet inside. That way she just had the goodie bags out on a table and said "if anyone wants to book, here are some dates I have open, pick one of these dates and you get to keep the goodie bag!" If you're doing larger prizes then you can say they get to keep the smaller things regardless but they only get the larger prize when they hold their show. Then after the first person opens theirs it might encourage others to book to see what they might get.

be careful with giving them the prize then becuase if they cancel then your out that prize i would just put the piece of paper of the item you are giving free and tell them they can get it at there party or if you have to order it tell them it will come when there order comes in. but otherwise this is a great idea

Or... bake some goodies and wrap them in cellophane wrap with lots of colorful/thematic ribbons... For those who have the mini fluted stone, bake some little chocolate cakes, decorate with orange icing drizzled and a candy corn pumpkin or candy corns... Have the mini loaf pan? Bake some pumpkin bread or beer bread. Hint: the fancier you wrap it, the more excited they seem to get!
Lay these goodies on a table where they will be seated (looking through the catalogs, etc.), continue to talk about bookings throughout the show and if they ask at the beginning of the show what the wrapped goodies are for, tell them you'll tell them later. After the demo, when you're finishing your "talk", then tell them that the goodies are for those who book today. Cooking, Catalog, Bridal... Rebook of the current host.

Benefits: they take something home yummy to tell their families they're going to do a show soon, you've only spent money on 1 box of cake/brownie mix, vegetable oil and eggs for 4-6 cakes.

so at my last party i did the goodie bags for those who booked. their free prize will be given to them at their show...kinda. i will be ordering it on the hosts order (but i will be paying for it), that way i get their discount and its not the retail price. the one goodie bag that went was for the snowman plates, she seemed super excited. so at least it got one booking...i think for my next show i will be trying something different but i will have to see what i can get put together.

Jessica,

I had a lot of success with the dice game, you can find the file on this website, just search for "dice". Basically, you have 11 envelopes, one has a grand prize, some have a small prize (twix-its) and the most likely to roll have a book a show. Everybody wants to play, most people get a "book a show" envelope, and it really helps them decide to book a show if they were on the fence. I tell them that if they decide to play, they have to take whatever is in their envelope, whether it's a twix-it, a grand prize or a show. I insist on them booking that night and within 6 months so their friend gets the booking benefit, but i do let them off the hook if they seem like they really don;t want to host, i just do it privately, at the checkout. it can be any kind of show. i also offer the grand prize (a 20$ item) to whomever decides to book before they open their envelopes. I order that on their host order when they have their show. Whether it seems needy or not, I had a show with 3 guests and got 3 bookings, my host won the grand prize, which was awesome, because she really deserved it. I had another show for my recruit last night and I got her a booking too,again, only 3 guests. I do let my host play too, because there's no reason why she can't rebook within 6 months.
Search the file and read it carefully, before you play. Good luck!

1. What is the Booking Tree or Envelope Game?

The Booking Tree or Envelope Game is a fun and interactive way to encourage guests at a Pampered Chef party to book their own party or event. It involves drawing a prize from a tree or envelope, with the prize being a discount on their own party or event.

2. How does the Booking Tree or Envelope Game work?

During the party, the host can invite guests to participate in the Booking Tree or Envelope Game. Each guest will choose a leaf or envelope from the tree, and inside will be a prize or discount for hosting their own party. The guest can then choose to book their own party or event and redeem their prize.

3. Can anyone participate in the Booking Tree or Envelope Game?

Yes, anyone attending the Pampered Chef party can participate in the Booking Tree or Envelope Game. It is a great way for guests to get involved and potentially earn a discount on their own party or event.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations for the Booking Tree or Envelope Game?

The Booking Tree or Envelope Game prizes and discounts are subject to availability and may vary depending on the consultant. Some restrictions may apply, so it is best to check with your consultant for specific details.

5. Is the Booking Tree or Envelope Game mandatory for Pampered Chef parties?

No, the Booking Tree or Envelope Game is not mandatory for Pampered Chef parties. It is simply a fun and engaging way to encourage guests to book their own party or event. Your consultant may have other booking incentives or games, so be sure to ask for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sing4Him1977
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • afwife98439
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies