• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Healthy Fruit-Based Dessert Ideas for My Host's Demo?

I'd love to see a calorie comparison for doing the recipe both ways... Anyone up for the challenge? :)The Mango Salsa Sundaes are also a low-cal treat. I have done them a lot in the summer when the host wants a light dessert. Great demo, great taste! :)thanks for all the suggestions I will give to my host and see which one she wants to do
nikki70563
Gold Member
My host for this month wants to do a desert recipe and I asked what she wants and this is what she said "something healthy with fruits and a demo" any suggestions of something that would fit this?

Ohhhh, that is just begging for the Strawberry/Apple Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips!

SO SO SO SO Good! Everyone loves it - and it's good for you!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ohhhh, that is just begging for the Strawberry/Apple Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips!

SO SO SO SO Good! Everyone loves it - and it's good for you!

do you have the recipe?

The new Strawberry Cream Trifle!

I second the Strawberry Cream Trifle! It is delicious & uses a lot of products!

I'm not sure the trifle would count as healthy though :). I did it for Easter and actually did not like it. The "filling" was way too sweet for my taste. I would guess that someone looking for something healthy might not want that.

I'll have to think a bit myself... The fruit salsa does sound good though. It's too bad that so many of the PC desserts are so unhealthy (but oh so delicious!)

Here you go! If you have the All The Best Cookbook - the recipe is in there also.

Attachments

• Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips.doc
    69 KB · Views: 226
The fruit salsa is "da bomb"!!!!!!!!!!! VERY low cal, low fat, the whole 9 yards. It's in the old "All The Best" cookbook.

AnnieBee said:
I'm not sure the trifle would count as healthy though :). I did it for Easter and actually did not like it. The "filling" was way too sweet for my taste. I would guess that someone looking for something healthy might not want that.

I'll have to think a bit myself... The fruit salsa does sound good though. It's too bad that so many of the PC desserts are so unhealthy (but oh so delicious!)

That was what I thought too - I substituted 1 container of plain yogurt, and used half plain frozen berries, and half sweetened frozen berries, along with the fresh berries and like it much better that way.

Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups. It is in "It's good for you"

Attachments

• berries 'n cream wantons.doc
    658 KB · Views: 283
ChefBeckyD said:
That was what I thought too - I substituted 1 container of plain yogurt, and used half plain frozen berries, and half sweetened frozen berries, along with the fresh berries and like it much better that way.

I had been planning on subbing in some plain yogurt too, next time - I really disliked the creamy part, it just tasted like super sweet strawberry yogurt to me. The berry part didn't bother me with being too sweet, although if you wanted to really "lighten" the whole recipe, how about using angel food cake, make the yogurt fat free (which I normally don't like, but would probably work fine with the pudding and cool-whip to make it creamier), use 1/3 plain yogurt instead of strawberry to cut back the sugar, use lite "whipped topping" and use more unsweetened strawberries like you did.

Hmmm, want to make it like that Becky, and tell me how it is? You can be my guinea pig :D (Not that it's that different from your version...)

I'd love to see a calorie comparison for doing the recipe both ways... Anyone up for the challenge? :)

The Mango Salsa Sundaes are also a low-cal treat. I have done them a lot in the summer when the host wants a light dessert. Great demo, great taste! :)

thanks for all the suggestions I will give to my host and see which one she wants to do

AnnieBee said:
I had been planning on subbing in some plain yogurt too, next time - I really disliked the creamy part, it just tasted like super sweet strawberry yogurt to me. The berry part didn't bother me with being too sweet, although if you wanted to really "lighten" the whole recipe, how about using angel food cake, make the yogurt fat free (which I normally don't like, but would probably work fine with the pudding and cool-whip to make it creamier), use 1/3 plain yogurt instead of strawberry to cut back the sugar, use lite "whipped topping" and use more unsweetened strawberries like you did.

Hmmm, want to make it like that Becky, and tell me how it is? You can be my guinea pig :D (Not that it's that different from your version...)

I'd love to see a calorie comparison for doing the recipe both ways... Anyone up for the challenge? :)

That's how it tasted to me too. The only yogurt I usually buy is CascadeFresh - sweetened only with fruit, and Greek Plain yogurt.

Actually, I have been doing this with angel food cake for over a year - but without the yogurt. It's very good - and very light.

I use just fresh strawberries, and chop them with the salad chopper, and then add in a pint of blueberries.

I mix together 2 pkgs of cheesecake pudding with 3 cups of milk and 10 ounces of cool whip (reserve the last 2 ounces for garnishing).

Then I layer Angel Food Cake, Berries, and Pudding - ending with the pudding. Then, using the EAD, I make cool whip rosettes around the top, put a strawberry fan in the middle, and sprinkle with toasted almonds. I guess you could substitute yogurt for some of the milk - that might make it creamier....especially if you use some wonderful Greek yogurt - oh how I love that stuff!

When I made the Strawberry Trifle I used Angel food cake, Light and fit strawberry yogurt, light whip cream, fresh and UNSWEETENED strawberries. Still tasted just as good, only without all the added sugar in the strawberries.

Related to What Are Some Healthy Fruit-Based Dessert Ideas for My Host's Demo?

1. Need Suggestions For Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners

We understand the struggle of trying to come up with new and delicious meal ideas for busy weeknights. Here are some suggestions for quick and easy dinners using our Pampered Chef products:

• Use our Quick Cooker to make a flavorful and tender pot roast in under an hour.
  • Try our Veggie Spiralizer to create zucchini noodles as a healthier alternative to pasta.
  • The Microwave Pasta Cooker can cook perfect pasta in just minutes, making it a great choice for weeknight dinners.
  • Make a one-pan meal using our Rockcrok Everyday Pan, which can be used on the stovetop and in the oven.
  • Get creative with our Flexible Cutting Mats and make your own homemade pizza using pre-made dough and your favorite toppings.

2. Need Suggestions For Healthy Breakfast Options

Eating a nutritious breakfast is important to start your day off right. Here are some suggestions for healthy breakfast options using Pampered Chef products:

• Make a protein-packed egg white omelette using our Nonstick Egg Rings to create the perfect shape.
  • Use our Deluxe Cooking Blender to make a nutritious smoothie with fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • The Breakfast Sandwich Maker can help you create a quick and healthy breakfast sandwich with whole wheat English muffins and turkey bacon.
  • Try our Breakfast Sandwich Maker Set to make mini frittatas or breakfast burritos that you can freeze and reheat for a quick breakfast throughout the week.
  • Use our Food Chopper to quickly chop up veggies for a breakfast hash or omelette.

3. Need Suggestions For Delicious Appetizers

Whether you're hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, here are some suggestions for delicious appetizers using Pampered Chef products:

• Use our Mini Muffin Pan to make bite-sized quiches or mini meatballs for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
  • Try our Cheese Ball Maker to create a variety of cheese balls with different flavors and toppings.
  • Make a creamy dip using our Manual Food Processor to quickly chop up ingredients like onions, peppers, and herbs.
  • The Veggie Strip Maker can help you create fun and unique veggie platters for your next party.
  • Use our Crinkle Cutter to make homemade potato chips or sweet potato fries as a tasty appetizer option.

4. Need Suggestions For Baking with Kids

Baking with kids can be a fun and educational activity. Here are some suggestions for baking with Pampered Chef products:

• Use our Kids' Cookie Baking Set to make fun and creative cookies with different shapes and designs.
  • Try our Measure, Mix, & Pour set, which includes measuring cups, mixing bowls, and a batter bowl, for easy and mess-free baking with kids.
  • Use our Cookie Press to make homemade cookies with different designs and flavors.
  • The Kids' Apron and Chef Hat Set can make your little ones feel like real chefs as they help you in the kitchen.
  • Try our Cake Decorating Kit to create beautiful and delicious cakes together with your kids.

5. Need Suggestions For Vegetarian or Vegan Meals

Cooking for vegetarian or vegan diets can be challenging, but with Pampered Chef products, it can be easy and delicious. Here are some suggestions for vegetarian or vegan meals:

• Use our Mandoline to quickly slice vegetables for a veggie stir-fry or salad.
  • Try our Veggie Spiralizer to make zucchini noodles as a healthy and tasty alternative to pasta.
  • Use our Deluxe Cooking Blender to make creamy and flavorful soups using only plant-based ingredients.
  • The Quick Cooker can help you make a hearty and comforting vegetable stew in under 30 minutes.
  • Try our Salad Chopper to quickly chop up ingredients for a colorful and nutritious salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies