• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious Power Cooking recipes for bookings?

In summary, the author is trying to get people interested in booking her Power Cooking show by talking about the benefits and how to book the show. She also provides a script that can be used when trying to book the show.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I was so excited with the Power Cooking theme....and have been talking about it at my shows and asking people if they want to book their own PowerCooking show.....but so far, I've only had one booking for it.

Those of you that are booking this type of show - what are you saying or how are you presenting it to get bookings?

Maybe it's just this area and time of year, but people seem to be more looking for a party and not education.....:rolleyes: I'm booking Chocolate Bliss and Bites and Bevs parties now. Couldn't give them away before Christmas, but now that seems to be what everyone wants!

To power cook or not?I have done power cooking shows for a couple years. I present the idea at every show and some shows I get power show bookings and others I don't. I think it just depends on the crowd you are in and if you present the show in a way they like it. I usually do not bother talking about power cooking if I have a lot of singles or older groups. These are the groups that I have found don't really like the idea of power cooking. The group that love them the most are full-time working moms.
:)

fruit76loop said:
I have done power cooking shows for a couple years. I present the idea at every show and some shows I get power show bookings and others I don't. I think it just depends on the crowd you are in and if you present the show in a way they like it. I usually do not bother talking about power cooking if I have a lot of singles or older groups. These are the groups that I have found don't really like the idea of power cooking. The group that love them the most are full-time working moms.
:)

That's why I thought they would just grab at the Power Cooking theme. I think alot of my client base are full time working moms!

How do you talk about the Power Cooking Show?

Basically, I've been using what is on the back of the Power Cooking Display Card - talking about how I can show you and your friends how to make 3 meals in 40 minutes or less, and that I will package 2 of those for your freezer, and serve the other one that night. Think of the time it will save! And you will also walk away with some great freezing and defrosting tips so that your meals will taste fresh made when you serve them to your family!

(I flesh it out more at the show - but this is the core of it.)

what to say?Here is what I say...

Do any of you stand at the refrigerator at 5 pm wondering "what's for dinner?" How many of you know if you stand there long enough gazing into the fridge that dinner will make itself? (laugh) How many of you would like to learn how to cook once for 2 weeks? Yep that's right ladies, you can get 10 meals done in 1 day! And when you host the show you get to start with a couple meals that I make for you and your family!!

I don't know if this will make a difference on your getting power cooking shows, but it has worked for me!! HTH:)

Either that or act like you do not like the Power cooking show (but still have info available about it). Then they will want it because it seems unavailable. :D

climbercanoe3 said:
Either that or act like you do not like the Power cooking show (but still have info available about it). Then they will want it because it seems unavailable. :D
LOL - that may just work!:thumbup:

fruit76loop said:
Here is what I say...

Do any of you stand at the refrigerator at 5 pm wondering "what's for dinner?" How many of you know if you stand there long enough gazing into the fridge that dinner will make itself? (laugh) How many of you would like to learn how to cook once for 2 weeks? Yep that's right ladies, you can get 10 meals done in 1 day! And when you host the show you get to start with a couple meals that I make for you and your family!!

I don't know if this will make a difference on your getting power cooking shows, but it has worked for me!! HTH:)

I like this! I am so totally borrowing it from you! :D :D

Thanks great script. This can also be used for calls when trying to book shows.:sing:

Just to clarify...Seems I might have been a little confusing about my last post. When I introduce the Power Cooking show with the 10 meals, I don't do 10 :yuck: at the show I just teach them how to do this for themselves. I also suggest power cooking with a friend or two, I explain that it is a good excuse to have a girl's afternoon or evening. I even suggest opening a bottle of wine or mix up a batch of margeritas (if you drink) for the planning. I then warn to make sure it is only 1 bottle or 1 batch because you actually want to be able to eat the meals you make!!:D

I have attached a couple things I use for power cooking. I am not the originator of these, but they are fabulous!! Now of course, we can add the PC Power Cooking recipes!!

Attachments

• PowerCooking[1].doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 414
  • PowerCookingRecipeHandout[1].doc
    101 KB · Views: 391
ChefBeckyD said:
I like this! I am so totally borrowing it from you! :D :D

Awww....shucks.;)

Thanks Marlene. This is good info. I am so glad their are creative people on here. I am definately not the creative type.

Thanks for sharing!

Ann R.

Marlene- What happens if you don't use frozen chicken for your power cooking recipes?

Don't have anything to add, but just wanted to say HI MARLENE!!!! We've missed you! :)

Disney World 2005 - $0
Vienna, Austria 2006 - $0
Atlantis, Bahamas 2007 - $0
London, England 2008 -$0
Future Paris, France 2009 -$0
Staying home with my children- PRICELESS
Getting time away from my children - PRICELESS

I love that!! The last line sums it up!! I always tell people I started PC so I could be a stay at home mom, and then I say after two children I continue PC so I can get out of the house!!!

About the original posts, thanks for the helpful info!

Great PC talk Marlene! Thanks for sharing!

and Layla, great little blurb about you! :)

Hi everyone!!
sddmom2 said:
Marlene- What happens if you don't use frozen chicken for your power cooking recipes?

Frozen chicken works best because the meal is going right back into the freezer. You can buy those 5 lb bags where the breasts are individually frozen and they work awesome. :thumbup: So when you are power cooking you can put 2 breasts in a bag or you can put 6 depending on the size of your family! Gotta love it!!

If you just want to try the recipe out and aren't freezing it then by all means use thawed chicken. But if you plan on freezing it, then all the thawed chicken will freeze together and it will take longer to thaw...:yuck: !! Also remember that as the chicken thaws it marinates!! WHOO HOO!

Speaking of marinating...at my power cooking shows I also ask "how many of you have great intentions when a recipe says to marinate? But you forget, so at the last minute you throw the ingredients together and let them sit maybe 5 minutes? (laughs) Well with powercooking you won't ever have to remember to marinate again! The chicken marinates as it thaws! How cool is that!"

Hi Deb!!!:love: :love:

And layla, glad you love my sig! That is exactly my story! I started when Julia was 2 months old and she is now 5 and I have since had Peyton and he will be 3 in April...so they drive me crazy!!! LOL ;)

Come for an hour, eat for a week!I have been having power cooking shows for awhile. I booked 5 last night. :thumbup: The guests are interactive and they help to make 7 meals for the host, and make one for themselves. We can get them all done in 45 minutes. Who wouldn't want to book a party and have someone make their meals for the week?:chef:

seven meals????WOW...my jaw dropped.:eek: I assume they all buy their own groceries, do you get complaints about the cost? Because when i do 3 recipes it is around $30 or so I would say...guestimating there.

I can see it being easy to do this with the interactive format, which I never used for my power cooking...and am I excited to start doing!! WHOO HOO!

So I would really like to hear more about 7 meals and if you have a set 7, or if you let them choose! Thanks!!

Me too - I would love to hear more!

Another question...Do they eat at the show or do they just bag up their meals??

My mind is spinning...THIS IS GREAT!! :sing: :sing: Can't believe I didn't think of it myself...<------kicking self!

fruit76loop said:
Do they eat at the show or do they just bag up their meals??

My mind is spinning...THIS IS GREAT!! :sing: :sing: Can't believe I didn't think of it myself...<------kicking self!

Let me help you...LOL!!!!

Kickbutt.jpg

Do you use the same base ingredient or multiples?I would think with the help and having more than one base, it would REALLY sell...'cause who wants just beef or chicken EVERY meal!

Budgeting for Power Cooking!I have a list of meals that each host can choose from and then I send out a master grocery list to them. I tell them up front that if they are not able to budget for all 7 meals, that we can reduce the number we make at the show. They have to pay to eat anyway, so they usually have no problem with cost. That is what I love about Power Cooking concept. It is already saving money because a lot of time, first instinct when we have no idea what is for dinner, we say, "lets just go out." Then when you go to the store with a list in hand, that is also cutting down cost. Then there is using what you buy (not going to waste) and knowing what you are going to make each night. It is WIN WIN! For me and my host.:chef:

Amy - do you mind sharing a sample?

My Meal ListPower Cooking Recipes:

Ground Beef (Turkey)

Zesty beef Tacos
Italian Beef Hoagies
Barbecue Beef Sloppy Joes
Easy Beef Stroganoff
Saucy Beef Chili
Taco Soup
Tator Tot Casserole

Frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts

Caesar Chicken
Zesty Italian Chicken
Parmesan Chicken
Mushroom Chicken
BBQ Chicken
Mexican Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken

Cooked Chicken:

Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Tettrazini
Chicken Enchiladas

Then automatically we will make taco soup for everyone to eat at the show!

Will you shareI am sure you have the grocery lists and such typed up...wanna pass them on to us?? Anything to do with this type of power cooking would be great.

Another question, how is your show average on this type of show?

OK, and another....what type of invitations and such do you use and when do you know who is coming?

And another....do you have the costs of the recipes? I was thinking it would be great to buy everyone's ingredients to share on the cost of say...onions...ground beef (family packs), soy sauce, etc.

Going crazy here....OVERLOAD...Overload ;) :rolleyes:

Okay, let me take this one question at a time so I don't forget:
On grocery list, I used to have a master list, but then I added the six recipes we got from home office, and dont have list for those yet.

Then I just recently started mailing my own invites out and what I used to make up is a 8 1/2 x 11 flyer telling all about Power cooking. I recently went to my print store and had them make up power cooking post cards so I would not have the expense of a first class stamp.

Last month I had a power cooking show a little of $1000, but there were 16 people there. Then I had one that was $400 with 5 people there. It is all about host coaching them to play up that this is no ordinary show!

I do not have a cost per each meal. I will work on that!

Amy - I think you've created a monster!:D A good one though!

LOVE all of the info!

Unfortunately, I haven't power cooked for myself this week and i have to go prepare dinner for 3 hungry kids, a husband and 2 cousins. If anyone wants to email me with questions, ideas, etc... and then I can email what I have for a flyer invitation!

Monster....:cry: Me no monster...unless you mean a cookie monster!:)

Ok so another idea...no not question....:rolleyes:

I am going to try and present this as a Cooking Club :chef: idea to a few groups who love PC and always buy lots!! :balloon: :balloon:

I was thinking of having groups of say 12 participate and they would have an option of the group they wanted to be in:

Option #1: spend $60 in PC products a month get a 10 meal plan each month- host would get a minimum of $140 in free, 3 half priced items, and a 25% discount

Option #2: spend $40 in PC products a month get a 5 meal plan each month- host would get a minimum of $60 in free, 2 half priced items, and a 25% discount.

I would price out the meals and have them all pay for their food up front and I will do their shopping for them!! I would love to have the 10 meal plan be $40 in food because then I can say for a $100 investment you can have 10 meals at only $10 each meal... heck that's even cheaper than McDonalds!!! And I can of course pool ingredients like the ones I mentioned in one of my last posts...and this would save everyone money!!!

I like the number of 12, because you can rotate houses one each month and everyone gets host benefits.

And 12 orders at a minimum of $60 would be a $720 show!!:D
And 12 orders at a minimum of $40 would be a $480 shows!!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a guarantee every month of this show? You could set it as the Second Tuesday of each month, so everyone knows when they join the group. Now if you aren't able to attend you will still have to purchase the products, but of course you don't have to pay for groceries.

I don't know about you guys, but at my stamp groups...there are months were I spend $100 even though I only need to spend $30...LOL:eek:

So am I crazy??? Does anyone else have any ideas or concerns or anything???

fruit76loop said:
:cry: Me no monster...unless you mean a cookie monster!:)

Ok so another idea...no not question....:rolleyes:

I am going to try and present this as a Cooking Club :chef: idea to a few groups who love PC and always buy lots!! :balloon: :balloon:

I was thinking of having groups of say 12 participate and they would have an option of the group they wanted to be in:

Option #1: spend $60 in PC products a month get a 10 meal plan each month- host would get a minimum of $140 in free, 3 half priced items, and a 25% discount

Option #2: spend $40 in PC products a month get a 5 meal plan each month- host would get a minimum of $60 in free, 2 half priced items, and a 25% discount.

I would price out the meals and have them all pay for their food up front and I will do their shopping for them!! I would love to have the 10 meal plan be $40 in food because then I can say for a $100 investment you can have 10 meals at only $10 each meal... heck that's even cheaper than McDonalds!!! And I can of course pool ingredients like the ones I mentioned in one of my last posts...and this would save everyone money!!!

I like the number of 12, because you can rotate houses one each month and everyone gets host benefits.

And 12 orders at a minimum of $60 would be a $720 show!!:D
And 12 orders at a minimum of $40 would be a $480 shows!!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a guarantee every month of this show? You could set it as the Second Tuesday of each month, so everyone knows when they join the group. Now if you aren't able to attend you will still have to purchase the products, but of course you don't have to pay for groceries.

I don't know about you guys, but at my stamp groups...there are months were I spend $100 even though I only need to spend $30...LOL:eek:

So am I crazy??? Does anyone else have any ideas or concerns or anything???

I'm burned out right now thinking too much today, but WILL look at your idea when I get home. It is a great idea. I need to see how it plays out and if feasible by me...I'm hoping so...

bumpity bump

No one is telling me I am crazy:cry: , guess that is a good thing...but some input would be nice!:angel:

I love that idea! I love that it could suit people of many budgets. Another way a person doesnt have to spend as much on pampered chef products herself is to collect her own outside orders for the person who is hosting that month.

To get more attendance at the party and to start more cooking clubs, you can give an incentive for bringing a guest to the show. One more meal on the month you host for each person you bring to the party!

Marlene thanks for sharing, I shared this idea with a potential host and she loved the idea of cooking once and eating twice w/o extra work in 1 week!!!

irishamy said:
To get more attendance at the party and to start more cooking clubs, you can give an incentive for bringing a guest to the show. One more meal on the month you host for each person you bring to the party!

Yes, I would think you would need to refresh the guests every so often so that they didn't get burned out. How much PC can they buy? Especially if they were already really into PC.

I like the ideas shared here! I do a combination of Becky and Marlene's talk to "talk up" the power cooking. I was at a show on Sat. with mostly moms (some SAH, some WOH) and one lady literally jumped out of her chair and screamed "I'm doing that show!" when I mentioned the Power Cooking show.I said, "There are these great new shows we're offering that are awesome - I come to your house, prepare 3 meals, we eat 1 of them and the other 2 go into your freezer for your family! There are 5 delicious recipes to choose from, and that's all the work you have to do - pick the 3 recipes you want me to do and I'll do the rest!" The girl from Sat. was a first-time PC show attendee and she seemed really quiet and shy until I brought this up. Then, she was my Number One Fan and was so excited to get recipes made for her family! I just LOVE this concept, but I'm NOT an idea person - if someone provides the idea to me, I can TOTALLY sell it, but I can't come up with ideas to save my life. So, keep 'em coming, girls!! :D

these ideas are great. It goes along with my 4 meals in 4 minutes idea...that I "stole" from my Homemade Gourmet consultant.

I would love to see the flyer/invitation and anything else you don't mind sharing by email.

Shawnna said:
these ideas are great. It goes along with my 4 meals in 4 minutes idea...that I "stole" from my Homemade Gourmet consultant.

Forgive me if you've posted it before, but I don't think I've heard about this-- can you share that with those of us who haven't heard it?

Wow~what fun ideas here! I'm excited about this show opportunity; really awesome for working moms.....I've got a realtor friend that I think this would be great for her & her co-workers.
Love the cooking club idea!

loving it!!!

fruit76loop said:
Here is what I say...

You are GOOD!!!!!!! :thumbup:

fruit76loop said:
Seems I might have been a little confusing about my last post. When I introduce the Power Cooking show with the 10 meals, I don't do 10 :yuck: at the show I just teach them how to do this for themselves. I also suggest power cooking with a friend or two, I explain that it is a good excuse to have a girl's afternoon or evening. I even suggest opening a bottle of wine or mix up a batch of margeritas (if you drink) for the planning. I then warn to make sure it is only 1 bottle or 1 batch because you actually want to be able to eat the meals you make!!:D

I have attached a couple things I use for power cooking. I am not the originator of these, but they are fabulous!! Now of course, we can add the PC Power Cooking recipes!!

THANKS for sharing all your ideas!!! They are wonderful!
I learn something new each time I come here.

irishamy said:
I have been having power cooking shows for awhile. I booked 5 last night. :thumbup: The guests are interactive and they help to make 7 meals for the host, and make one for themselves. We can get them all done in 45 minutes. Who wouldn't want to book a party and have someone make their meals for the week?:chef:

Can you come and do a show for me? :)

janetupnorth said:
Let me help you...LOL!!!!

Kickbutt.jpg

You all are entertaining! :)

Can't wait to start using some of these ideas - but I do have to say, I don't think I'll be doing cooking clubs.....I am trying to keep things as simple as possible in my business, and I just can't see adding this dimension to it too. I'm lazy,:eek: and that just seems like too much work!

<h2>1. What are some delicious Power Cooking recipes for bookings?</h2><p>Some popular Power Cooking recipes for bookings include baked chicken and vegetables, slow cooker beef stroganoff, and instant pot chili. These dishes are not only delicious, but also showcase the convenience and versatility of using Pampered Chef products in the kitchen.</p><h2>2. How do you present the Power Cooking theme to get bookings?</h2><p>When presenting the Power Cooking theme, be sure to highlight the time-saving benefits and ease of using Pampered Chef products. You can also mention the variety of recipes that can be prepared in a short amount of time, making it perfect for busy individuals or families.</p><h2>3. Why are bookings for Power Cooking shows not as successful as other themes?</h2><p>It could be a combination of factors, such as the time of year or the preferences of your specific area. It may also be helpful to offer a variety of themes to cater to different interests and needs of your audience.</p><h2>4. What other types of parties are popular right now?</h2><p>Currently, Bites and Bevs and Chocolate Bliss parties are popular choices for bookings. These types of parties offer a fun and social atmosphere, while also showcasing Pampered Chef products and recipes.</p><h2>5. How can I increase bookings for Power Cooking shows?</h2><p>To increase bookings for Power Cooking shows, try offering special incentives or discounts for those who book a show. You can also ask for referrals from satisfied customers and remind them of the benefits of hosting a Power Cooking show, such as earning free and discounted products.</p>

1. What are some delicious Power Cooking recipes for bookings?

Some popular Power Cooking recipes for bookings include baked chicken and vegetables, slow cooker beef stroganoff, and instant pot chili. These dishes are not only delicious, but also showcase the convenience and versatility of using Pampered Chef products in the kitchen.

2. How do you present the Power Cooking theme to get bookings?

When presenting the Power Cooking theme, be sure to highlight the time-saving benefits and ease of using Pampered Chef products. You can also mention the variety of recipes that can be prepared in a short amount of time, making it perfect for busy individuals or families.

3. Why are bookings for Power Cooking shows not as successful as other themes?

It could be a combination of factors, such as the time of year or the preferences of your specific area. It may also be helpful to offer a variety of themes to cater to different interests and needs of your audience.

4. What other types of parties are popular right now?

Currently, Bites and Bevs and Chocolate Bliss parties are popular choices for bookings. These types of parties offer a fun and social atmosphere, while also showcasing Pampered Chef products and recipes.

5. How can I increase bookings for Power Cooking shows?

To increase bookings for Power Cooking shows, try offering special incentives or discounts for those who book a show. You can also ask for referrals from satisfied customers and remind them of the benefits of hosting a Power Cooking show, such as earning free and discounted products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • afwife98439
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • melissa3026