• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Web Order Mistake ~ Help Please

In summary, the customer placed an individual order by mistake. They want to order for a fundraiser show, but ended up placing an individual order instead. There is nothing that the host can do because it is already being processed. The customer can order a second time, but they have to pay twice and wait for the order to arrive.
lisaw
I have a customer who placed an individual order by mistake. She wanted to order for a fundraiser show, but ended up placing an individual order instead.

I phoned the solution center to try and cancel it, but they say there is nothing they can do because it is already being processed. I am trying to figure out what my options are. I know it's not my fault ( I sent detailed online ordering instructions), but I really don't want to just say sorry, nothing I can do for you. Is it possible for her to re-order a second time under the fundraiser, then return the 1st order once it arrives? Should I order it myself under the fundraiser and then try to sell it or return it myself? Is there another way that I am not thinking of?

She ordered it either late yesterday afternoon or yesterday evening and I phoned at 7:30 am today.

Lisa

She CAN order a 2nd time & refuse one of the two orders, but that means that she has to pay twice & wait until they get the shipment back to start the refund process. :(

How much was her order, and how much would go to the fundraiser? If it is only a couple of bucks you could consider donating the cash to the fundraiser in the amount that was not applied.You'll earn at least 20% on the web order, opposed to the 15% you would earn on a fundraiser order. If it is just a small fundraiser, the group will only earn 10%. So it will only cost you 5%. (Does that make since? Did I explain it correctly?)

Yes Sheila, I realize she would have to pay twice and wait for a refund. I just couldn't think of any other solution.

Chefcat ~ that's a great idea! I definately didn't think of that!

Thanks to both of you for your help!!

Sheila said:
She CAN order a 2nd time & refuse one of the two orders, but that means that she has to pay twice & wait until they get the shipment back to start the refund process. :(

But she also doesn't have to actually pay for the second order until the fundraiser is submitted.

This is just one more reason that I wish HO would change the online ordering system to something like a "wedding registry" from Target...enter the name of the host on the pc.com site and be directed to the correct show.

How can it be that hard to set up if other stores already do it?

I get tooooooo many Online orders from home shows that are not done correctly by the guest and the host never gets credit (most of the time I don't even get the order, someone else does). What a mess!

Have you tried sending out a direct link to the shows? That is how I do it and never have an order placed wrong.

How do you do that?

pcchefjane said:
Have you tried sending out a direct link to the shows? That is how I do it and never have an order placed wrong.

I send out the link, and I also send directions with the invitation.

I typically do 8-10 shows a month, and I can think of twice that I've had people place their order wrong - and both times it was for a fundraiser.

This just happened to me earlier this month. My mom's cousin placed an order and then e-mailed me that she wasn't sure if she did it right. Sure enough, she had done it as an individual order. She called Customer Service and even though they had already processed it, the rep got permission from a higher up to cancel it and refund her card. Then I talked her through navigating my site so she'd know for future reference. Turns out that she was trying to do it on her iPod touch and the "Shop online" box in the lower left of our PWS wasn't even there. Every way I could think of for her to get to pick an item and order it, it never let her have an option to put in a host's name!!! I need to e-mail Tech Support about it.

I ended up having to just enter the order in P3 for her.

But anyway, I think HO is better about canceling the order if the customer calls, (and if they are lucky to get a friendly and helpful CS rep). :D

pcchefjane said:

How do you do that?

babywings76 said:
Turns out that she was trying to do it on her iPod touch and the "Shop online" box in the lower left of our PWS wasn't even there.

For some reason, the Shop Online box and the links at the top of the page on our PWSs appear to be Flash-based, and most smart phones don't have the capability to view/play Flash, which causes the areas to be just blank.

As for sending a link to your shows, when you send out the PWS invitation, it has a button/link on it to place an order. It sends you to your PWS with a show ID in the web address. You can then copy that to put in your other emails if you don't want to use the actual PWS invitations. I'm sure someone savvier will come along if there's an easier way to get the link. :)

1. What should I do if I accidentally placed the wrong order online?

If you have made a mistake with your online order, please contact our customer service team immediately at 1-800-342-XXXX. They will be able to assist you with making any necessary changes or cancellations.

2. Can I make changes to my online order after it has been submitted?

Yes, you can make changes or cancel your online order by contacting our customer service team at 1-800-342-XXXX. However, please note that we are only able to make changes or cancellations before the order has been shipped.

3. I received the wrong item in my online order. What should I do?

If you received the wrong item in your online order, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-XXXX. They will work with you to correct the mistake and ensure that you receive the correct item as soon as possible.

4. How long will it take for my online order to be processed and shipped?

Orders placed online typically take 1-2 business days to process and ship. However, please note that during peak periods, processing and shipping times may be longer.

5. Can I return an item that I purchased online?

Yes, we have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all our products. If you are not satisfied with your online purchase, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-XXXX for more information on our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Halle-Doodle
  • MLC