• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Are Having Wicked Thunder and Lightning Storms

In summary, the storm last night was very impressive. DH and I both gained additional partners around 3:00 am this morning. There were many people without power and some fires started due to the lightning.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
Here are some pictures from the storm last night. We were still rumbling pretty good this morning also. I gained an additional partner around 3:00 am this morning. DH said he gained another after I left for work.

Attachments

• k[1].jpg
    k[1].jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 291
WOW, that's some fierce lightning! Did it start any fires?

Not that I had heard of. I have lived on the East Coast and this storm gave the ones out there a run for their money. This morning it was thunder, lightning, thunder, lightning. :eek:

impressive pics, did you take these?

I live in Massachusetts and we have had some bad storms over the last week. We are expecting some again tonight and then some milder storms possible all weekend long. So I am not sure how my 2 4th of July parties will go. I feel like since my DS got out of school (June 23rd) it has stormed almost everyday. I hope the weather changes soon around here.

I know the weather has been bad for all the people who have been flooded out and I pray for all of you. I can live with some thunder storms but I would like some nice weather too.

We had some wicked storms yesterday. It was sooo dark in the afternoon. I had my ds and his friend go down to the basement because the rain was going sideways. We lost some large branches, but other people had a lot more problems than that. There were/are many people w/o power. Thank goodness ours just blinked off.

pamperedpals said:
Here are some pictures from the storm last night. We were still rumbling pretty good this morning also. I gained an additional partner around 3:00 am this morning. DH said he gained another after I left for work.

who was your 3:00 am partner?

Those are magnificent pictures! It is scorching here today, as much as I wouldn't wish a fire caused by lightening to happen I would give my left big toe for a huge monsoon storm to blow in and dump some rain.

We had it too in Ellensburg. The lightning was so bright it woke me up a long with the light thunder. I didn't turn off the computer last night so I got up to turn it off just in case. It sure is fun to watch the storms come in. We are a bit out in the country and can see the storms come in over the mountians. We've been watching storms come and go for a few days now.

Nice pictures! I've never seen the sky purple before.:)

Wow! It looked like here the other day.

The storms were so scary and fierce that they wiped out my modem, wireless router, TV and my Wii. We're checking into an insurance claim. Ugh!

Related to We Are Having Wicked Thunder and Lightning Storms

What should I do to prepare for a wicked thunder and lightning storm?

It is important to create an emergency preparedness plan for your home and family. This plan should include having an emergency kit with supplies such as flashlights, batteries, non-perishable food, and a first aid kit. It is also important to unplug electronic devices and avoid using water during the storm.

How can I protect my home from lightning strikes during a storm?

To protect your home from lightning strikes, make sure to install a lightning protection system. This includes lightning rods, grounding systems, and surge protectors. It is also important to unplug electronic devices and avoid using water during the storm.

What should I do if I am caught outside during a wicked thunder and lightning storm?

If you are caught outside during a thunder and lightning storm, seek shelter immediately. Avoid tall objects such as trees, and do not stand near metal objects. If you are unable to find shelter, crouch down on the balls of your feet and keep your head tucked in until the storm passes.

Is it safe to use my phone during a thunder and lightning storm?

No, it is not safe to use your phone during a thunder and lightning storm. Cell phones and cordless phones can attract lightning strikes, so it is best to avoid using them until the storm has passed.

What should I do if my power goes out during a wicked thunder and lightning storm?

If your power goes out during a storm, stay calm and check to see if your neighbors also have lost power. If so, contact your power company to report the outage. If only your home is affected, check your circuit breaker and call an electrician if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • buckeyefan08
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • ChefBeckyD