• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is my 3 year old making me laugh so much?

In summary, my 3-year-old son said "We can put a new baby in your belly now" and my 2-year-old daughter says "Hello Mcfly!"
ahammons
Okay, my 3 yr old has just been cracking me up lately, and I thought I'd share. :) Last week, we were watching a movie, when all of a sudden he looks at me and says "We can put a new baby in your belly now" :eek: DH said "well, at least we have his permission!" lol
Yesterday, he was looking out at the sky (it was very grey) and he said "Yep, a storm's a coming!" He was right - it started raining about 5 minutes later. lol A couple hours later, we were talking about him starting preschool in a couple of months. I asked if he was excited about it, and he just sat there, thinking about it for a minute - then he said "Well, I think I'll just go to cowege (college)" I swear, he is just too much sometimes!! :D

Oh Ashlee! This is co cute! They do crack you up sometimes. My son will be 3 on July 19th and he is always saying something to make us laugh!

You remember my thread about my son asking for a baby, is your son now doing the same thing? Will u be trying soon?:D

My son is 3 and my daughter is 2! They are constantly cracking me up! Oh I wish they could stay this age sometimes!! My son was telling my husband some big long 20 minute story about cutting down trees and throwing them in the backyard over the house!

Thankfully Ben doesn't remember me being pregnant with Layla, he hasn't figured out the babies are in the belly!

I did like that about going to college! He is just jumping right in!!

My kids say the darndest things too! My son is 4 and starting kindergatren this fall (he will be the young one in class). We were talking about him starting school and he was really quiet then just pipes up and says "I CAN DO THIS MOM, I KNOW I CAN!" I can only think of a couple right now but he can watch a movie and then months later put a line from it into a conversation at the perfect moment! We were eating out the other day and when he was finshed he declares "AHH... THE TANK IS FULL!" Tables around us were laughing because it was too cute! (Phrase is from Garfeild which we haven't seen in at least 6 months) He was patting the cat and he is shedding so some hair flew near his mouth and Dylan says.."HAVE YOU TASTED YOURSELF LATELY?" (Also an exerpt from Garfeild. Just too funny!

Brandi2007 said:
We were eating out the other day and when he was finshed he declares "AHH... THE TANK IS FULL!" Tables around us were laughing because it was too cute! (Phrase is from Garfeild which we haven't seen in at least 6 months) He was patting the cat and he is shedding so some hair flew near his mouth and Dylan says.."HAVE YOU TASTED YOURSELF LATELY?" (Also an exerpt from Garfeild. Just too funny!

My DS loves Garfield too! He's really into pretending right now, so just about everyday he pretends to be someone else. For the longest time, he was Garfield or Odie, but the other day I peaked into the playroom to check on them, and he said "I'm John and this is Garfield" as he pointed to his little brother. lol

jrstephens said:
Oh Ashlee! This is co cute! They do crack you up sometimes. My son will be 3 on July 19th and he is always saying something to make us laugh!

You remember my thread about my son asking for a baby, is your son now doing the same thing? Will u be trying soon?:D

He might be asking, but he won't be getting one for quite a while. lol :) DH's getting ready to go to Korea for a year, so there's no way I want to be pregnant when he's that far away. We're both starting to get a little baby fever though, so I think we may start trying for #3 (the last one) when he gets home next summer.

they sre just way too cute aren't they
im probably aging myself but in the movie "back to the future" when the bully Biff taps on the guys head and says "hello Mcfly?!" when the other night my DH asked the most ridiculous question and i looked at him and went "hello mcfly"
now my 2yr old is running around going "hello mcfly" lol

wow, my 4 year old daughter says "hello mcfly" too!! She says some of the funniest stuff too. When we were at disneyland, she went over to Snow White's wishing well and then ran over to Mark and asked him for some money...she then proceeds to toss in all the money at one time and says "that way I can make SURE I get a baby brother or sister!" It was so cute...she's been asking for one for a while now, even though her dad and stepmom had a little boy right before christmas. She wants one that "lives with her"

One of the girls my mother in law babysits went to Dollywood for vacation. Before she went she was talking about meeting Dolly Partner! :D Well when they went Dolly Parton was there so she did get to see Dolly Partner!

My kids like eating at "Mommy's restaurant". That is, they go outside on their little picnic table, I take their orders, made dinner and come serve them. Well, yesterday they ordered spaghettos...and then they were having a battle over whether the restaurant would be "Taco Bell" that night or not...I turned and said, "Taco Bell doesn't serve spaghettios". Sammie, the 6 year old turned and said, "Well, we'll name it Daddios tonight then." ...and then both giggled for about 10 minutes over the name....

I was in a fitting room last week with my little boy (he'll be 4 tomorrow) and he looked at me and said "that kinda makes you look UNDIGNIFIED" I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

ShanaSmith said:
I was in a fitting room last week with my little boy (he'll be 4 tomorrow) and he looked at me and said "that kinda makes you look UNDIGNIFIED" I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

That is sooooo funny!!! I was in the dressing room with my 7 year old daughter last night too. She thought it was ridiculous that i couldn't just pick a bathing suit and bring it home! I told her someday she would understand........lol

I don't have any kids, but I enjoy stories from all of my aunts and uncles..My cousin must have been about 9, and her and my aunt were driving to pick up a friend and then head to a after school function. My aunt goes "Oh shoot, I almost forgot to pick up Alexis!" And my cousin goes "MOM! You didn't miss her turn did you?" And she goes no, but almost. Then my cousin goes "So, your car isn't as smart as daddy's? His blinks little lights and makes a noise that tells him when he needs to turn!" ....hahaha, so my aunt had to explain that the driver initiates blinkers!

My 5 yr old son is always cracking us up. I went in for my check up this past Jan...(a little story to get you on the same page, to understand.....When I was preg with him my cervical cancer came back, they caught it at 32 wks prego. At 36 wks they took him c section then did a radical hysterectomy on me. The kids have always asked about the scar on my belly and I tell them that I was sick when I was prego with Korbyn and they had to take him out through my stomach. Because of this happening while I was preg the scar is huge, no biggie. They have always accepted this story and love listening to it)

Now back to what he said....The morning of my appt Korbyn asked where I was going, could he go with me? I told him I was going to the doctors to make sure I wasn't sick again, like when I was pregnant with him. He then asked me "If you are, will I have to go back into your stomach?" It took my everything to not laugh my butt off....A quick hug and reasuring no took his concern away.

Everyday he is saying something. I always say I will write the things down but haven't gotten around to it yet...

I took my 8 year old cousin shopping for her birthday last year and I needed a new bra. She got bored of course. We finally were leaving the department and she points to a bra and says "wow! That's a huge bra!" I looked at it and said, 'hey, that's my size' she then said "well yours don't look that big, so it's okay." I just about doubled over from laughing so hard. Thank goodness the store wasn't too busy!

naekelsey said:
Everyday he is saying something. I always say I will write the things down but haven't gotten around to it yet...
You need to start doing that! At 23, I LOVE looking at my book that my mom kept of the funny things that me and my brother said/did growing up. What a treasure!! My mom would grab the book out and jot little notes down and funny things happened!With all of the surgeries and drugs my mom has been on lately, I joke with her that I'm going to start keeping a book of the funny things my mom says on drugs! lol

naekelsey said:
I always say I will write the things down but haven't gotten around to it yet...
I always say I'm going to do the same thing! I really need to, but I just get distracted.
One thing that my mom did was make a list of a bunch of words I used to say, and how I pronounced them... of course all of them were mispronounced! lol My baby book is packed full of info, and my sister's barely written in - she's only 10 1/2 months younger than I am, so my mom never had time to update hers! That's the one thing I said I'd never do, and guess what?! I've barely written in my 16 mo. old's baby book! lol At least I have record of things on the blog we started to keep family updated. My plan for this summer is to get his baby book up to date. Then I'll start on my oldest's scrapbook - yeah, I bought it a year ago and it's still empty! :D

So enjoying your stories and will add a couple of my own but first I have to tell you HAVE to jot these things down even if they are on a little piece of paper and stuff them in the same spot!! My son is 17 now and when he was young everyone said that time would fly. Somedays I doubted that, but it does!!

When my son was 3 or 4 we were bringing him home from daycare and he had just started to have chicken pox appear. We were trying to explain it to him. He started to get upset and told us that he didn't want chicken pops!

When they studied the Indian culture in daycare he said they learned about "Poke-a-duh-hon-tis"

When he was asked "What does Dad do? or Grampa or Uncle Dave he would say... Dad is fickin up the boats (his Dad is an outboard engine mechanic)
Uncle Dave is fickin up the cows (Uncle Dave operated a dairy farm at the time)
Grampa is fickin up the tractors (The farm equipment was aging and Gramp did repairs!!)

When my nephew was about the same age he was in his high chair eating Thanksgiving dinner. He and his brother stayed with my Mom while my sister-in-law worked so she was considered "Mom" when their real Mom was working. My mother leaned over while he was eating some homemade stuffing and asked him, "Justin, do you like Gramma's dressing?" He responded, "Yes, Gram and I like your earrings too." !!!

Also, video them! My nephews are 21 and 19...we all enjoy watching past Christmas videos where their Great Grandfather was on his hands and knees crawling into their new Ninja Turtle tent. One of the boys is seen gently pushing Great Grampa's behind into the tent!! Then soon one announces that he's got to go pee and tells Great Gramp to stay right there!

The stories are endless and so funny!!

We have some funny pictures of my brother in his teeny tiny army "booty" shorts. He lived in them!Let's see, my mom was pregnant with me, and when the doctor asked my brother (less than 2) what he wanted mommy to have, he said a pony! ...Oh, and when I was a teenager, I was filling out some paperwork next to my mom, and when she went to sign as the responsible person, she saw under relationship I put "GREAT!" hahaha....

I had a couple of my friends and their kids over for dinner last night. My friend's daughter is almost 5 and my other friends son is 6. Brooke tells everybody that Caleb is her husband so whenever they play together Brooke is always like "Come on honey..." Well Caleb and his family, are unfortunately moving to North Carolina tonight, so they decided it was time to "plan their wedding." They told me it was going to be an "outside wedding by the pool..." I said "well have you registered yet? The Pampered Chef has a great registry :)" LOL
My son hasn't started talking yet...but he already cracks me up...can't wait to see what he says when he starts talking!

A couple years ago my niece went to get her pre-K shots for school. They went right to my BIL's workplace after the Dr appt. Of course, Kit had to show Daddy her bandaid on the injection spot. He asked her, "What's that for." "That's to hold the weasel in!"

One of my sisters was awful about embarrassing my mom in public. One day they were at the store, and an older lady was behind them in line. My sister yelled "Hey mom, why's that lady have blue hair?" Another one of my sisters was about 2 or 3, and my mom was carrying her around the grocery store. She was picking out some chicken, and asked "Hmm, which pieces do I want?" Of course she didn't expect a response, b/c she was really talking to herself but my sister said "Well, I know I don't want chicken butt!" lol

Ann, I know what you mean - I never believed it when people told me how quickly the time would pass. Sometimes it doesn't seem to, but then I look at my kids and think "Oh my gosh, they're not babies anymore!" I know that's what kids do, they grow up, but I love it so much at this stage. It sort of makes me sad that they're growing up so quickly. I never understood why my mom cried on my first day of school, but I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing when my 3 yr old starts preschool this fall - and then again when he starts kindergarten. :rolleyes:

My husband was talking with my daughter who was 3 1/2 and asked her if she was his little girl. She said "No, Daddy. I'm the Princess and your the Queen." We just about wet our pants.

I was racking my brain about what my son said this past Christmas, so I need to write it down. Anyway, we were at church and Fr. asked the kids during mass, "What is the perfect present for Jesus?" Andrew who was 7 said, "Love." I cried and my mom cried and my friend who was sitting two rows back was crying. The whole room turned and just smiled. It is now bring tears to my eyes. He is such a sweetie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just remembered what my 2nd daughter did at walmart while we were shopping for window chalk, hubby was coming home from one of his deployments when she was 4 yrs old.

This window "chalk" is in the automotive dept, where pretty much ONLY men are. The 3 kids and I were trying to decide what colors we wanted when, Logyn, decides to yell out "MOM, MY VAGINA HURTS!". I started laughing while I was looking around to see how else could hear. My older dd, who was 14 at the time, was so mortified she just left us and waited outside until we were done!!

Don't you just love kids honesty!!!??? Then when they get older, you just pray they will be as honest, with a little cooth!!!

when my DS was 3 we bought a new Chevy Surburban a few weeks later we're driving down the street and he says "mom? why do you call your new car Mrs.Burbon?"
Guess what we still call it! "want to take the my truck or the Mrs.?"

for years the same DS thought he was born at the post office, we were driving up to our lake house (far from home) and he interupted me & DH talking to ask "is that where I was born?" and we said "Yup" not paying much attention,after 45 minutes of endless questions.well wouldn't ya know next time we went past he says "hey thats the place I was born at!"

ahammons said:
He might be asking, but he won't be getting one for quite a while. lol :) DH's getting ready to go to Korea for a year, so there's no way I want to be pregnant when he's that far away. We're both starting to get a little baby fever though, so I think we may start trying for #3 (the last one) when he gets home next summer.

I'm kind of butting in on this one...but I was wondering where your hubby is going. I live in Korea...my DH is in the Army. We've only been here for 3 months. Definitely a different culture!:eek:

My son( just turned 3) had very early verbal skills - he was talking in sentences at about 12-14 months. He loves words, but isn't always 100% sure how to use them in sentences, so some of his funniest sayings are when he is trying out a new word on us.
Last week, we went to see my mom (his "Mimi") right after she came home from the hospital - she is still on a feeding tube & drainage tube though, and so has alot of hospital equipment at home.
Micah walked into her bedroom, took one look, and said "Mimi brought the hospital home with her!" Then he saw her arms - which have some pretty big, dark bruises from all of the IV's etc......and he said "Mimi, how did you get such big owwies laying in bed?"

mistygillette said:
I'm kind of butting in on this one...but I was wondering where your hubby is going. I live in Korea...my DH is in the Army. We've only been here for 3 months. Definitely a different culture!:eek:
He'll be going to Osan AB. He didn't think that I would like living there for a year, so we decided that the kids and I will stay stay near family while he's gone. We may go visit him around Christmas though. Where are you stationed?

I had my 5 yo DS at the dentist today and the hygenist asked him, "so do you have any new teeth?" he say (shrugging his shoulders in a very matter-of-fact tone) "no, they're the same one's i always had"
i just found that so funny!

His tone was like :
"dumb lady why would you ask me that!???"

My son was out with one of his friends today, both of whom are 6 years...my friend, who is sister to my son's friend (bro and sis are 18 years apart in age!) was with them and told me that they were driving down this road that has several little hills, and if you drive them just fast enough, the kids get the giggles. Well, apparently my brother's friend pipes up "Those hills just gave me hot flashes!!!"....OMG...I wish I had been there for that moment!!!! Too funny!!!

When my son was in kindergarten, whenever a child would have a birthday the teacher (who was under age 50) would ask the child if they were 90. My son told me about it one day & said "I think she just wants someone to be the same age as she is".

I've loved reading these quips! The other day at a department store I was picking out a new swimsuit. The suits were on plastic body-shaped hanger things, and when I picked one out to go try on, my 7 year old said, "Mom, that won't fit you. Your boobs are waaaaaaay smaller than hers." There was a lady and her husband next to me, and they both had to turn away because they were laughing so hard. I almost died.

By the way, the top of the suit was way too big. Guess she was right! Too bad that can't be said for the bottom half!

These are so cute! Had to add my own.
One afternoon around Christmas my oldest (5 at the time) & I went to Wal-Mart after school one day. The parking lot was crazy & I was trying to find a parking place. He yells, "Mom, you just drove by one." I told him we couldn't park there, because it was for handicappers. (Thought he understood bc my MIL has been in a wheelchair as long as he could remember & has a handicap vehicle).

The next weekend I go to Wal-Mart w/all 3 kids. Same scenario except middle child yells, "there is a parking spot" Before I could say a word, my 5 year old says, "DUH, we can't park there, that's for the handicappers and we are THE HOWARDS!" Thought I was going to wreck I was laughing so hard!!

Sorry for the long post, but I had to give you the whole story!
P.S. we are now called "The Handicappers" by many of our friends & family!

1. Why is my 3 year old making me laugh so much?

Children at this age are naturally curious and have a unique perspective on the world. They are also learning new things every day and their innocent and sometimes unexpected responses can be quite comical.

2. How do kids come up with such funny things?

Children at this age are still developing their language and social skills, which can lead to some unintentionally hilarious moments. They also have active imaginations and are not afraid to express themselves, which can result in some unexpected and humorous statements.

3. Is it normal for a 3 year old to be this funny?

Yes, it is completely normal for a 3 year old to have a great sense of humor. At this age, they are learning about humor and what makes people laugh, and they love to make others laugh as well.

4. How can I encourage my child's sense of humor?

Encourage your child's creativity and imagination by playing games and telling silly stories together. You can also introduce them to age-appropriate jokes and riddles and encourage them to come up with their own funny ideas.

5. Will my child's sense of humor change as they get older?

As your child grows and develops, their sense of humor will also change and evolve. They may start to understand more complex jokes and humor and their responses may become more sophisticated. However, they will always have that natural ability to make you laugh in unexpected ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • Careyann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Mattheous
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies