• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

for theMorning Shift - What We Know so Far

In summary, Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday and her car was found fully engulfed in flames on Sunday night. Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Grande, the new user on scaredmonkeys.com, has passed along information to the authorities that seems to suggest Paige's disappearance is not a coincidence. A prayer vigil was held last night and there is still no news on her whereabouts.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
If you weren't online last night, you've missed this. Here's what we know so far:

1. Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday.
  2. She took a call at 10:00 PM, left her children with the live-in nanny, left the house and has not been seen since.
  3. Her car was found Sunday night, fully engulfed in flames.
  4. Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Paige's car might just have been a freaky coincidence, but perhaps not. No one knows.
  5. Several newspaper articles are linked below.
  6. The new user, Grande, is affiliated with scaredmonkeys.com, a group dedicated to helping the missing and exploited. He has passed much info to the authorities.
  7. There was a prayer vigil last night.
  8. There is nothing new so far this morning..

Links:
Mesa Cty Sheriff's Release: http://sheriff.mesacounty.us/Press%20Releases/Press%20Releases%202007/July/Local%20Woman%20Missing%20Since%20Thursday.pdf

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5611853,00.html

http://www.gjsentinel.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breaking/entries/2007/07/02/club_plans_vigil_tonight_for_m.html

Last but not least: http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/

Thanks for the summary, KG.

From a post in another thread:We ran two stories:<link removed - it doesn't work><link removed - it doesn't work>I think it's likely more updates will be posted on the home page Wednesday.Todd Powell, Web editor
The Daily Sentinel/GJSentinel.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the update & links KG.
The original thread is very lengthy & this will help those that may not know yet.
I still can't believe this.
We all continue to pra.y

If we keep this thread free of the best wishes (post them in the One Of Ours Is Missing thread) we can bump this periodically with new developments.

Thanks for the update KG.

Thanks KG! I will be on today on and off all day checking in.

Thanks KG, now if we can all quit thanking you we can keep this thread shorter!:)

If you want to read the above referenced news stories (I took out the links because they didn't work) you're going to have to register.I've got a half a mind to create a phony account and post the password here.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If you want to read the above referenced news stories (I took out the links because they didn't work) you're going to have to register.

I've got a half a mind to create a phony account and post the password here.

Could you do that? I was able to read the first article, but when I clicked on the 2nd link - it wanted all my personal info.....I was hoping someone would post the body of the article - but a password would be better!

Funny, I read them about 15 minutes ago and now it asks for a login!

Shoot - now I need the links again - KG could you repost them?

ChefBeckyD said:
Shoot - now I need the links again - KG could you repost them?
Missing Woman Wrote About Fear.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2007/07/03/7_3_1A_Birgfeld_side.html.

See Janet's earlier post on how to get in to read these.

Thanks Janet:)

I just read the articles......does it not strike anyone else as odd that the family has not yet started a search?

1st line of article two: "Friends and family of Paige Birgfeld said they’ll launch a search for the missing Grand Junction woman in a couple days if no further information surfaces on her whereabouts."

Is there something else that hasn't been reported yet?

pamperedlinda said:
I just read the articles......does it not strike anyone else as odd that the family has not yet started a search?

1st line of article two: "Friends and family of Paige Birgfeld said they’ll launch a search for the missing Grand Junction woman in a couple days if no further information surfaces on her whereabouts."

Is there something else that hasn't been reported yet?
It is very strange.

If you read between the lines of the last few days, you can conclude that there is more at work here than we are being told.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If you read between the lines of the last few days, you can conclude that there is more at work here than we are being told.

Yes - it sounds like they already know something they are not divulging.

dannyzmom said:
Yes - it sounds like they already know something they are not divulging.

My guess would be that they were able to track who the phone call came from.......(I would prefer to be called Miss Marple, KG!)

You're not old enough.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I agree. It's all so odd and heartbraking. Since becoming a mom I have a much deeper appreciation/fear for these kinds of stories....they just tear at my heart. Makes me hug my son more and not sweat the small stuff.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're not old enough.

I know - but I got hooked on Agatha Christie as a young child (I've read them all!) and I've always had a secret desire to be Miss Marple!:)

pamperedlinda said:
I agree. It's all so odd and heartbraking. Since becoming a mom I have a much deeper appreciation/fear for these kinds of stories....they just tear at my heart. Makes me hug my son more and not sweat the small stuff.

Isn't that the truth? Becoming a mom just opened up these places in my heart that I never knew existed ~ I feel so personally involved with any parent who is hurting now.

ChefBeckyD said:
I know - but I got hooked on Agatha Christie as a young child (I've read them all!) and I've always had a secret desire to be Miss Marple!:)
Not only are you too young, you're married. Hard to be a miss when you're a missus.

Another thread idea gone to hell. Sigh. It's only fair that the chief thread hijacker's thread get hijacked!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not only are you too young, you're married. Hard to be a miss when you're a missus.

Another thread idea gone to hell. Sigh. It's only fair that the chief thread hijacker's thread get hijacked!

Sorry KG -My fault! Is there any way to get it back?

ChefBeckyD said:

Miss Marple was young once...

Don't be so quick to take the credit. ;)We'll just do another update thread if there is anything to update.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Janet! You radical, you.

;)

He-he-he :p

I was honest about my profile to them...just everyone who uses it won't be female! :rolleyes:

ivykeep said:
Miss Marple was young once...
I doubt it. ;) Characters are ageless. Look at Stephanie Plum - she's been about 30 for 12-15 years already.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Specifically, the quote from her father at the vigil last night.

janetupnorth said:
He-he-he :p

I was honest about my profile to them...just everyone who uses it won't be female! :rolleyes:
<best falsetto voice>Whaa, Ah dooooo declayah!</best falsetto voice>

Oh well, if this thread gets too long, KG can just start an "afternoon shift" thread.

OK, I have to do some work...I'll check back though!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
<best falsetto voice>Whaa, Ah dooooo declayah!</best falsetto voice>

I can hear my dogs howling 20 miles away! :eek: :p :D

PamperedChefDebi said:
You noticed that, too? Very good. I think not everyone here picked up on that. I just let it lie when I saw it.

I saw it too...

Oh my God. This is the first I've heard of this. I'm trying to read all the threads and articles at once. :eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You noticed that, too? Very good. I think not everyone here picked up on that. I just let it lie when I saw it.

I saw it too - that's why I wondered if they had been able to track the phone call - that would be "Not as smart as you think....." in my book.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Yep - me too but I did the same as you KG. I've been through this before but much closer to the situation 17 years ago. Best not to read into too much and let the authorities do their job. Even though we don't here about it, they're working! ...and we don't always get the resolution we think the situation deserves, but we have to let them do their jobs.

Maybe the family isn't starting a search because they are still hoping to find her alive -- generally searches turn up bodies and you see people combing fields and forests looking for remains.

Given the environment she lives in, it might not be conducive to the same type of search that finds little girls wandering naked in the woods after a boating accident.

Just because the FAMILY isn't launching a search, doesn't mean she isn't being searched for by the police (or even her family). Search may have a different meaning than we are thinking (I expect they are "searching" for her, just not beating the bushes with sticks at this time).

I could speculate on some other possibilities but since they would literally be speculations made up of whole cloth I have so desire to even touch on anything that may impugne her reputation with idle speculation (especially since we most likely will have visitors looking for titillation since our website was posted in the media).

We need to remember that while we feel like this is a private conversation amoung a large group of friends, it is public...

Last edited:
Don't forget, too, that there are usually many things about investigations that are not released to the public. In fact, there will be things said that are false specifically to divert attention. So don't take "family search later" as a huge negative.

PamperedChefDebi said:

Which might have been nothing other than a father trying to stay positive and possibly he was just bluffing. You know, you thought you were clever setting the car on fire to destroy evidence, but it didn't get destroyed type of thing to spook the arsonist into makeing a mistake or comng forward.

But yeah, I'm SURE there are bucket loads of information not being reported or released.

My prayers continue for Paige's SAFE and SPEEDY return.

I am heading out for the morning - - I am PM'ing my cell # to some of the day crew here in hopes that someone wll call me to tell me she has been found!

Home Office is aware and coming up to speed.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Home Office is aware and coming up to speed.

I won't ask how you know;) ~ but what does "coming up to speed" mean? Will they be sending out an email, or an execuflash?

ok, kinda left up hanging with that one KG. What do you know?

ShanaSmith said:
ok, kinda left up hanging with that one KG. What do you know?

Don't worry, he'll leave us hanging - just be patient! :D ;)

<h2>1. What happened to Paige Dixon?</h2><p>Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday. She took a call at 10:00 PM, left her children with the live-in nanny, left the house and has not been seen since.</p><h2>2. What was the condition of her car when it was found?</h2><p>Paige's car was found Sunday night, fully engulfed in flames.</p><h2>3. Have there been any other incidents of burned cars in the area?</h2><p>Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Paige's car might just have been a freaky coincidence, but perhaps not. No one knows.</p><h2>4. Is there any new information from authorities?</h2><p>Several newspaper articles are linked below. The new user, Grande, is affiliated with scaredmonkeys.com, a group dedicated to helping the missing and exploited. He has passed much info to the authorities. There is nothing new so far this morning.</p><h2>5. Was there a prayer vigil held for Paige Dixon?</h2><p>Yes, there was a prayer vigil held last night for Paige Dixon.</p>

1. What happened to Paige Dixon?

Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday. She took a call at 10:00 PM, left her children with the live-in nanny, left the house and has not been seen since.

2. What was the condition of her car when it was found?

Paige's car was found Sunday night, fully engulfed in flames.

3. Have there been any other incidents of burned cars in the area?

Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Paige's car might just have been a freaky coincidence, but perhaps not. No one knows.

4. Is there any new information from authorities?

Several newspaper articles are linked below. The new user, Grande, is affiliated with scaredmonkeys.com, a group dedicated to helping the missing and exploited. He has passed much info to the authorities. There is nothing new so far this morning.

5. Was there a prayer vigil held for Paige Dixon?

Yes, there was a prayer vigil held last night for Paige Dixon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chanddl
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • The_Kitchen_Guy