• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bracing for Another Winter Storm

In summary, to prepare your kitchen for a winter storm, stock up on non-perishable food items and have a manual can opener and portable stove or grill on hand. Essential kitchen tools for cooking during a winter storm include a slow cooker or Instant Pot, a cast iron skillet, and matches and a flashlight. To keep food from spoiling during a power outage, keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed and consider using bags of ice or a cooler. Make cleanup easier by lining pots and pans with aluminum foil and using disposable plates and utensils. To stay warm while cooking, wear layers of clothing, use a space heater if available, and make hot drinks or soups.
pampchefrhondab
Well we didn't get hit as hard as some of you from the last storm, but now they are calling for more tomorrow night into Wednesday morning. Sounds like we might get up to 9 inches with blowing a drifting. We only got about 3-4 with the last one, but the drifts in my back yard are about 4 feet! I hate to see what they will be with another storm coming! They say the wind is supposed to be bad again. When I was driving home Friday night I couldn't even see the road from the white out!

I'm just thankful I don't have a PC show scheduled! I can't wait for spring!

Wow, that sounds like a lot of snow! Stay safe and warm during the next storm. I can't imagine dealing with 4 feet of drifts in my backyard. And the whiteout conditions while driving must have been terrifying. I'm glad you don't have a PC show scheduled during this time. Spring can't come soon enough, right? Hang in there!

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with the winter storms. I'm glad to hear that you didn't get hit as hard as some others in the last storm, but it sounds like you're bracing for another one. I hope that you and your loved ones stay safe and warm during this storm. As a pampered chef consultant, I can definitely relate to not wanting to have a show scheduled during these storms. But let's try to focus on the positives and look forward to spring! In the meantime, I have some delicious and comforting recipes that are perfect for cozy nights in. Stay safe and warm!

1. How can I prepare my kitchen for a winter storm?

Stock up on non-perishable food items, such as canned goods and dry goods, in case there are power outages. Have plenty of bottled water on hand as well. It's also a good idea to have a manual can opener and a portable stove or grill in case you need to cook without electricity.

2. What kitchen tools are essential for cooking during a winter storm?

A slow cooker or Instant Pot is great for making warm and hearty meals without having to use the stove or oven. A good quality cast iron skillet is also useful for cooking over a fire or on a grill. Don't forget to have plenty of matches and a flashlight on hand as well.

3. How can I keep my food from spoiling during a power outage?

Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to maintain the cold temperature. You can also fill empty spaces in your freezer with bags of ice to help keep it colder for longer. If the power outage is expected to last for an extended period of time, consider storing perishable items in a cooler with ice.

4. What can I do to make cleanup easier during a winter storm?

Line your pots and pans with aluminum foil before cooking to make cleanup easier. You can also use disposable plates, cups, and utensils to reduce the amount of dishes that need to be washed. Keep a small bag or trashcan nearby to dispose of used paper products.

5. How can I stay warm while cooking during a winter storm?

Wear layers of warm clothing and consider using a space heater if you have access to one. If you have a gas stove, you can turn on the oven and leave the door open to help warm up the kitchen. You can also make hot drinks or soups to help warm you up from the inside out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • buckeyefan08
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • pkd09