• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Massive Storm Causes Power Outage: Our Experience

Glad to hear you were able to make it through the outage without too much damage, Rebecca! After Katrina and Rita went through, someone lent us a generator. After that, we went to Sam's and bought one. We also got a little one room ac sitting in the garage.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Wednesday afternoon at 3:15, a huge storm ripped through this area....actually, it didn't rip through - it stuck around for the whole day, and into the wee hours of the morning! I have NEVER seen that much rain! We live on high ground, but you couldn't get down our street because the water was so high in the road! DH and I both said it's the first time we remember water coming up into our driveway!

So, our power went out at 3:30pm on Wednesday, and FINALLY, last night at about 6:00, we had power restored! What a relief!

several years ago, Hurricane Isabell dropped in on us here in Virginia and left us without power for 3 days (we were lucky-some people went 2 or more weeks without it!). It was miserable! Glad you hear you can now see that light!

chefmeg said:
several years ago, Hurricane Isabell dropped in on us here in Virginia and left us without power for 3 days (we were lucky-some people went 2 or more weeks without it!). It was miserable! Glad you hear you can now see that light!

LOL - I was living in Columbia, SC when Hurricane Hugo struck the coast there - and I remember being without power for a couple days then too....but I was young and single...and it was more of an adventure to me, plus, we were just so thankful we didn't have it as bad as the people on the coast!

This time around, I just kept thinking that I was still doing camping laundry when it struck, and now I have all of that, plus everything from this week to do today. I had also just picked 20 lbs of strawberries for jam the day that the power went out, and now I MUST get jam made this morning!:eek:

A couple years ago a winter storm took our power for two full weeks. Fortunately we have a gas stove, fireplace and hot water heater. We had to bundle up but were able to shower and manage. Talk about camping out! My dh was on a business trip the entire time so it was just me and the boys.

Ah, the adventures we go through!

Glad to hear you made it through without damage, Becky!

BethCooks4U said:
A couple years ago a winter storm took our power for two full weeks. Fortunately we have a gas stove, fireplace and hot water heater. We had to bundle up but were able to shower and manage. Talk about camping out! My dh was on a business trip the entire time so it was just me and the boys.

Ah, the adventures we go through!

Glad to hear you made it through without damage, Becky!

I am so glad it was summer when this happened, and the weather was mild (not 95 degrees!)!

We have a gas stove and hot water heater...and we had a small generator to keep the refrigerator and freezer both running....but we were doing everything by candle light & flashlight.

We have a little oil lantern, but we used it while we were camping, and were out of oil, and so were all of the stores! (There were 165,000 homes in our area without power!)

yahoo for power!!! i thought ours was going out last night. we did without it during a hurricane a fw years ago for about a week. makes your really thankful for it!

I too lost power on Weds. around 6pm and we were out until yesterday at 1pm. We also had storm damage to our house and barn. Our trampoline was picked up and thrown on the barn during the high winds and hail. First thing I did was take a shower yesterday!

parttimepcbecky said:
I too lost power on Weds. around 6pm and we were out until yesterday at 1pm. We also had storm damage to our house and barn. Our trampoline was picked up and thrown on the barn during the high winds and hail. First thing I did was take a shower yesterday!

Becky - are you in West Michigan too?

After Katrina and Rita went through, someone lent us a generator. After that, we went to Sam's and bought one. We also got a little one room ac sitting in the garage.

I am in west michigan. South of Lansing...

Related to Massive Storm Causes Power Outage: Our Experience

1. What is "Yea! We Have Power!!!"?

"Yea! We Have Power!!!" is a slogan used by Pampered Chef to promote our high-quality kitchen tools and appliances that help make cooking easier and more efficient.

2. What types of products does "Yea! We Have Power!!!" refer to?

"Yea! We Have Power!!!" refers to a wide range of products, including blenders, mixers, food processors, and other kitchen appliances that are designed to make cooking and meal preparation more convenient.

3. Are the products under "Yea! We Have Power!!!" only for professional chefs?

No, these products are designed for anyone who loves to cook and wants to make their cooking experience more enjoyable and efficient. They are suitable for both professional chefs and home cooks.

4. How does "Yea! We Have Power!!!" differ from other kitchen appliance brands?

"Yea! We Have Power!!!" products are specially designed and tested by our team of chefs to ensure maximum performance and durability. We also offer a lifetime guarantee on all our products, giving our customers peace of mind and confidence in their purchase.

5. Can I purchase "Yea! We Have Power!!!" products online?

Yes, you can purchase our products online through our website or through one of our independent consultants. We also offer in-home cooking demonstrations to give you a hands-on experience with our products before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
Replies