1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: We are a military family and my dh will be retireing in Feb. We are

1. Christyinhi

Christyinhi Novice Member

We are a military family and my dh will be retireing in Feb. We are planning on buying a house in Georgia. Has anyone moved their business. How long did it take you to get restarted?

Jul 15, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

We moved, but only about 20 miles away, so that wasn't a big deal. But, there was a workshop on this at conference!! I believe they'll be making all conference workshop topics available on CD, so you may want to keep your eyes open for that. It would definitely be worth the money to purchase one. I don't think they're expensive, maybe $5 or something.

Jul 15, 2005
  3. Christyinhi

Thanks for the info!!! I'll look for that. I wish our move was just 20 miles! Hawaii to Georgia is a big move!

Jul 15, 2005
  4. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

moved

i did i moved from Utah to Nevada (3-4 hrs) and i have been doing ok im finally starting to pick up business, i have been doing 2 shows a month and really hope to get more on Tues, I also moved after my 1st super starter month. What I did was i talked to a lady in my church and I mentioned PC and she said she loved PC so I asked her to host a party for me and she did and it helped me to get to know the people in my area, plus i did get bookings off of her show :)

Jul 15, 2005
  5. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Hi Christy - we are a military family too. What branch are you? My husband is getting out of the army in alittle less than a year (woohoo!) and we are moving back to Texas (near family) from Oklahoma. So I'll be starting my business in a new area too. But I do know alot people in the area we are moving to so I am not as nervous about it. Anyway, my advice to you would be to get involved in the wives clubs or FRG groups. That will be a great way to get to know people and to spread the word about a PC consultant living near them! Hope the move goes smoothly...Hawaii to Georgia is a huge move! Good luck!!

Jul 15, 2005
  6. Christyinhi

My dh is a Marine. I'm very involved in our wives group here which has helped a lot with my business. But since he will be retiring I wont have that when we move. I'll be teaching there so hopefully that will help with contacts.

Jul 15, 2005
Have something to add?