• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Our Family's Disney Marathon Journey in 2013 - Register Now!

In summary, Disney Marathons are a series of running events offered by Disney, including the Walt Disney World Marathon, Disney Princess Half Marathon, Star Wars Rival Run Weekend, and Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend. Registration can be done online through the runDisney website and runners of all levels and abilities are welcome to participate. Costumes are allowed at the events, but must follow safety guidelines. Runners also receive a finisher medal, race shirt, and access to post-race parties and events.
esavvymom
Staff member
Well, my family is committed now! We just registered for the Disney marathon races in Jan 2013! DH is doing the half-marathon, and my whole family (DH, me, two boys (DS11 and DS9) will be running the Family 5k.

My boys play hockey- so running a 5k is easier for THEM than it is for me! (how said is that?!) They can easily run 2+ miles in the same time it takes me to run 1.75. Little twirps.

But we told them if they wanted to go to Disney again, we all had to do the 5k. They are excited about it actually. Now I need to get excited about it. :D LOL

This will be our first experience. This fall, DH will run the 10k locally, and I'll run my first 5k.

I thought you were going to watch every Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck cartoon in sequence.

There are a lot of good Couch to 5K programs that can help you!

You go girl! I know someone who's doing a couch to 5K program. For planning your non-run time at Disney, my favorite site is http://www.easywdw.com. Love me some Josh and his snark. I'm on the forums even though we don't have a return trip planned. He does great crowd calendars and recommended park days. We followed his advance for our Spring Break trip and got a ton done in spite of the crowds.

Wow that is great! Good luck! I just ran 14 miles this past weekend doing the Ragnar Relay and my legs are completely shot now lol. I couldn't think of doing a full Marathon now. Keep us updated!

1. What are the different types of Disney Marathons offered?

There are several types of Disney Marathons, including the Walt Disney World Marathon, Disney Princess Half Marathon, Star Wars Rival Run Weekend, and Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend. Each event offers different distances and themes for runners to choose from.

2. How can I register for a Disney Marathon?

Registration for Disney Marathons can be done online through the runDisney website. Some events may sell out quickly, so it is recommended to register as soon as possible.

3. Are Disney Marathons only for experienced runners?

No, Disney Marathons are open to runners of all levels and abilities. There are options for beginners, as well as challenging courses for experienced runners.

4. Can I run with a costume at a Disney Marathon?

Yes, runners are encouraged to dress up in costumes that fit the theme of the event. However, costumes must adhere to certain guidelines for safety reasons. Be sure to check the runDisney website for costume guidelines before the event.

5. What are the perks of running a Disney Marathon?

In addition to the sense of accomplishment and fun of running through Disney parks, runners also receive a finisher medal, race shirt, and other exclusive merchandise. There are also post-race parties and events for runners to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva