• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Military Spouses Out There?

In summary, a group of military spouses discuss the news that they will be moving to Vicenza, Italy. One spouse asks for advice on selling PC in Italy and tips for moving their business. Another spouse who has experience in Italy suggests getting familiar with the differences in operating a business overseas. They also mention that the military footprint in Vicenza is expanding, which could be beneficial for sales. One spouse suggests reaching out to a good sponsor for a first booking. They also discuss the prospect of moving to Germany if the spouse does not pass Ranger school. The conversation ends with an offer to share a document with technical limitations and the suggestion to use direct shipping for everything.
lterman
We just found out we're going to Italy! YEAH!!! Vicenza, Italy to be exact and we just dont know when we're moving quite yet. I wanted to know if there were any military spouses who have sold PC out there in Italy and wanted to know how it went for you! Thanks!!!

PS Any tips on moving my business would be great!

lterman said:
We just found out we're going to Italy! YEAH!!! Vicenza, Italy to be exact and we just dont know when we're moving quite yet. I wanted to know if there were any military spouses who have sold PC out there in Italy and wanted to know how it went for you! Thanks!!!

PS Any tips on moving my business would be great!

We were in England for three years before we moved here (Okinawa, Japan). I just signed on for PC here, though, so I'm not a good one to ask about moving my business.

However, I will say that you'll LOVE Italy. We visited there about three or four times (I can't even remember exactly), and we loved it!! Vicenza is especially beautiful!!

Hi Lyzette,

I'm an AF spouse as well as retired AF myself. I was stationed at Aviano AB, Italy in the early 90's. It's about an hour and a half from Vicenza. I don't have any experience selling there but on of the Directors who is lateral to my Director got her start there. I actually have a couple customers from Italy so I don't think there are many Consultants there. It's also a post that deploys quite a bit I think, and honestly, that can be really helpful for your sales, especially overseas.

My main suggestion is become familiar with the differences in how we have to operate overseas. It's not difficult but it is very important.

Best of luck!

Lyzette,

My director was just in Aviano (PCS'd to San Antonio a little over a year ago). She had tremendous sales there. The Vincenza footprint is expanding, so that should be great for you!

Do you all have good sponsors? Maybe that could be your first booking there? You know, "To thank you for being such a great sponsor, I'd love to do a show for you." :)

kris

legacypc46 said:
Lyzette,

My director was just in Aviano (PCS'd to San Antonio a little over a year ago). She had tremendous sales there. The Vincenza footprint is expanding, so that should be great for you!

Do you all have good sponsors? Maybe that could be your first booking there? You know, "To thank you for being such a great sponsor, I'd love to do a show for you." :)

kris

Kris' Director is who I was referring to. :p

legacypc46 said:
Lyzette,

kris

Thats a good idea! I'm not sure how the Army does it for sponsorship. I used to be in the Air Force and when I got stationed in England I had a sponsor. I actually found out about PC when I was stationed in England. My husband graduates 5 Feb from his current class. He was told he'd have to go through Ranger and Airborne school before we could be attached there. If he doesnt pass Ranger school then we would go to Germany. But I cant wait to go back. Before we left England, we spent a week in Rome. I'm looking forward to drinking some great coffee, wine and eating lots of pasta and chocolate croissants!

I have a habit of just asking instead of looking for the answer but where can I read up about having a business overseas? Shipping rates things like that? My trainer is going to let me borrow her CD about moving a business. Just wondering if there was something else out there to read up on.

Oh could you put me in contact with your director who moved here from Aviano?

Thanks ladies!

I'm sure you'll hear back from Kris. Shoot me an email and I have a document I can send you that has all the technical limitations. Regarding shipping, we just use direct shipping for everything.

legacypc46 said:
Lyzette,

kris

Your director wouldn't happen to be Marsha Fewell would it? She is a doll!! I absolutely LOVE working booths with her! She rocks! To hear her tell of her sales in Italy man...it made me jealous. Her sales and recruiting were off the hook!

Good luck! Germany is good selling, too I've heard.

yep, marsha is my director...she is great and has become a great friend as well (which is kinda funny, since we've never met...but we now talk so easily that our weekly coaching calls always last at least an hour!)

so how do I get a hold of this marsha fewell? lol!

1. What support does Pampered Chef offer to military spouses?

At Pampered Chef, we are proud to offer a variety of support and resources for military spouses. This includes flexible work arrangements, such as the ability to work from home or transfer to a new location if needed. We also have a Military Sales Consultant Program that allows military spouses to earn income through hosting cooking parties and selling our products.

2. Are there any special discounts or benefits for military spouses at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer a 10% discount for military spouses on our products and starter kits. We also have a Military Appreciation Program that provides additional benefits and rewards for military spouses who join our team.

3. Can military spouses still work for Pampered Chef if they are stationed overseas?

Yes, we have a global market and military spouses stationed overseas can still work for Pampered Chef. Our Military Sales Consultant Program is available in select countries and we also offer international shipping for our products.

4. How does Pampered Chef support military spouses during deployments?

We understand the unique challenges that military spouses face during deployments, and we offer ongoing support through our Military Sales Consultant Program. We also have a community of military spouses within our company who provide support and encouragement to one another.

5. Are there any opportunities for career advancement for military spouses at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we are committed to promoting from within and providing opportunities for career growth and advancement for all of our consultants, including military spouses. We also offer training and development programs to help military spouses build their skills and reach their goals within our company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies