• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!

I think it was called...the "Older Sister Syndrome"?I was just teasing because I am the youngest in my family and at 27 I am still the baby and I joke about that all the time. That is what...I think it was called...the "Older Sister Syndrome"?
katie0128
Silver Member

Last week he went and filled out all the paperwork and then over the weekend, he went to Louisville and did the physcial, etc. and was officially sworn in as a Marine! He will be going to Parris Island for boot camp in January (Jan 6th, I believe)!

I am so proud of him!!! I know this is hard on my mom, but we always thought Ben would be joining the military at some point. I'm acutally surprised it took him this long (he is 20)!

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news with my cheffer buddies and see if anyone else knows someone who will be heading to Parris Island in January!

Semper Fi!

It is quite an honor to be a Marine!My big brother is a Major, and has been in the Corp for many years.....will be retiring in 4 years!Do you think you will be able to go to his boot camp graduation?eta: Be thankful for him that he joined now, and not at the beginning of the summer - I hear Parris Island can be brutally hot in the summer!

Thanks so much to your brother for his service and your family for their sacrifice of him serving our country. Our service men and women will never truly know our gratitude for their jobs. Please let him know that we love him!!

I ABSOLUTELY will be there in April!!! We are only about 1/2 a day drive away from there, so DH and I are already planning to take the kids for a long weekend (or whenever during the week it is) so we can be there without having to rush.
My PC goal was to be able to put in my two weeks notice at my job as a mother's day present to myself. I think I'm moving that goal up a month so I don't have to worry about taking time off to go see Ben.

katie0128 said:
I ABSOLUTELY will be there in April!!! We are only about 1/2 a day drive away from there, so DH and I are already planning to take the kids for a long weekend (or whenever during the week it is) so we can be there without having to rush.
My PC goal was to be able to put in my two weeks notice at my job as a mother's day present to myself. I think I'm moving that goal up a month so I don't have to worry about taking time off to go see Ben.

Oh - I forgot to add, my big brother is stationed at Quantico right now...

I still remember the day he graduated from Officers Training(I was so proud of him in his Dress Blues!)......the first Gulf War was eminent, and we were so concerned for his safety. He, on the other hand, was totally gung ho Marine! Being a Marine is so HIM!

You will definitely want to be there when he graduates!

Katie, when I heard about that shameless circus that went on in the Senate today, it depressed me to see what our country could degenerate into. Then I read a post like yours, and I see what is right and good about this country, and I smile again, knowing that people like your brother are going to grow up and replace the morons that have somehow been elected to our government.

katie0128 said:

Katie I am so glad that you will be going to his graduation...you have no idea how much that means to someone...my parents came to my af basic training graduation and it meant the world to me.

And I am sure that at the age of 20 he loves that you call him your baby brother.

Last edited:
I have two brothers - one 10 years younger than me and Ben, who is 12 years younger than me. Ben and Aaron have always been my "baby brothers"!

katie0128 said:
I have two brothers - one 10 years younger than me and Ben, who is 12 years younger than me. Ben and Aaron have always been my "baby brothers"!

I was just teasing because I am the youngest in my family and at 27 I am still the baby and I joke about that all the time.

That is what I figured! I'm sure when he is in his dress uniform, he is going to really love [sarcastic] being called the baby brother! I'm sure that is overly becoming of a Marine!

Congratulations!! My two younger bothers are Marines as well. One just got back from his second tour in Iraq. The other one..get this is stationed at Parris Island!!!!

Please tell Ben thank you for his willingness to serve our country! We are blessed to live not too far from many military bases and our children have been raised to say thank you to any soldier they see. It's a tremdous sacrifice and responsiblity to join the military. THANKS BEN! ... and all you other military folks!

katie0128 said:

Last week he went and filled out all the paperwork and then over the weekend, he went to Louisville and did the physcial, etc. and was officially sworn in as a Marine! He will be going to Parris Island for boot camp in January (Jan 6th, I believe)!

I am so proud of him!!! I know this is hard on my mom, but we always thought Ben would be joining the military at some point. I'm acutally surprised it took him this long (he is 20)!

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news with my cheffer buddies and see if anyone else knows someone who will be heading to Parris Island in January!

Semper Fi!

Congratulations to Ben and to your family Katie! My husband is a Marine as well....he went to Boot Camp in California though and is now an Officer. I am sure your brother will be heading my way after Boot Camp....it seems to usually happen that way!!
Congrats again!!

Congratulations!

Related to My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!

1. What is "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!"?

"My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features recipes specifically designed for families with a loved one serving in the Marine Corps.

2. Are the recipes in "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" easy to make?

Yes, all of the recipes in "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" are quick, simple, and easy to make. We understand that families with loved ones in the military often have busy schedules, so we wanted to make sure the recipes in this cookbook are time-efficient and stress-free.

3. Are there any special dietary restrictions that the recipes in "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" cater to?

Yes, the recipes in "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" are designed to accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions. We have included options for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian diets.

4. Can I purchase "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" in stores?

No, "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" is an exclusive cookbook only available through Pampered Chef. You can purchase it through our website or through one of our independent consultants.

5. Can I customize the cookbook with my own recipes?

Unfortunately, "My Baby Brother Is a Marine!!!!" is a pre-designed cookbook and cannot be customized with personal recipes. However, we are always looking for new recipe ideas and would love to hear your suggestions for future editions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy