• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultants on Base (Or Have Been) in Okinawa

In summary, My brother the Marine is about to be promoted to Lt. Colonel. He just may be the one Marine who has never
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My brother the Marine is about to be promoted to Lt. Colonel. He just may be the one Marine who has never been out of the States! EVER! At times this has been a point of frustration for him. He has been in Yuma, San Diego, Washington State, the Pentagon, and right now, he is at Quantico. But with this promotion, of course comes a move, and his choices are:

Okinawa
New Orleans, LA
Kansas City, Missouri
Camp LeJeune, NC (sp?)

I just got an email from SIL, asking everyone for any ideas or thoughts they had on these different locations - because if they want to have any say in it they need to put in the request by next week. I knew I had Cheffer Buddies who might be able to give some info - so I'd like to hear what you have to say?

They have 3 young children 7, 5, and 2.

I believe Erin on here is in Camp LeJeune, NC. She may have some insight for you!

janetupnorth said:
I believe Erin on here is in Camp LeJeune, NC. She may have some insight for you!

I was thinking of Erin - because I think she has also been in Oki.....

Angie's in Oki, but I can't remember her username off the top of my head.

And it's like 4am in Oki...so it may be a while before she sees this!

While I've never had any personal experience(DH is army)-I will say that I know several Marines who have been to Okinawa(they were all single) who enjoyed being there. I would suggest they do a little quick research on each area(I'm sure they will anyway) and decide what is best for them. The biggest issue of Okinawa is the time difference(or so I've heard) but after being in Germany and there being a 6 hour difference, I can definitely appreciate disliking a 13(I think it's 13) hour difference. HTH

She's angmillar. :) She's got an email address linked to her profile, so you can email her.

AnnaPChef said:
While I've never had any personal experience(DH is army)-I will say that I know several Marines who have been to Okinawa(they were all single) who enjoyed being there. I would suggest they do a little quick research on each area(I'm sure they will anyway) and decide what is best for them. The biggest issue of Okinawa is the time difference(or so I've heard) but after being in Germany and there being a 6 hour difference, I can definitely appreciate disliking a 13(I think it's 13) hour difference. HTH

They were actually hoping one of the choices would be Germany. They have been doing research - but they are not agreeing on a location (I don't know who wants what - just that they can't agree) and that is why they were looking for more anecdotal info/experiences.

Wow - I was thinking Okinawa was a 6 hr time difference! I didn't realize it was that much!

chefann said:
She's angmillar. :) She's got an email address linked to her profile, so you can email her.

Thanks Ann!

ChefBeckyD said:
They were actually hoping one of the choices would be Germany. They have been doing research - but they are not agreeing on a location (I don't know who wants what - just that they can't agree) and that is why they were looking for more anecdotal info/experiences.

Wow - I was thinking Okinawa was a 6 hr time difference! I didn't realize it was that much!

I just checked and it is 1:03am there right now.

Yeah OKI is a big time difference. My sister just finished a 2 year tour there. She is single, but she loved it and misses it already. I think it is definatly an experience worth having.

I never had a tour in Japan....but if they've never been overseas, they should seriously consider taking that assignment. It can be an amazing experience. We grew up air force and while being the new kid was always the pits, my siblings and I all feel we are the better for it. (Having an overseas assignment literally opens the world to kids.)

From an adult perspective, there's a camaraderie among families overseas that's unique. I wouldn't trade my non-US tours for anything (Europe (3x), Latin America, and the Middle East).

Your SIL can also access the Pacific version of the Stars and Stripes on-line. Just google for it. She can read through current and past issues to get a feel for life 'over there'.

leggy
(retired army)

We lived in Oki for 7.5 years and LOVED it! It is great for families! PLus your Brother's kids are the best age for it! At this point I would not go back because our next tour will be when my DS starts HS and I don't feel that it would be in his best interest to go to KubiSuki High (actually it is Kubisaki but you can tell how I feel.
As for Lejeune...the base is pretty, the housing on base is nice although somewhat strange with the layouts. The town itself sucks..IMO, but MANY people love it.

Oh what Leggy said about overseas tours..I totally agree. Have you SIL google Japan Update too.....

I told DH I would love to do a twilight tour overseas....you know right after we got here, we found out that a billet was open in Germany and they pulled some random guy who didn't want to go. We would have gone in a heartbeat!

Thanks Erin and Leggy for that feedback - I passed it on to my sister!

Related to Consultants on Base (Or Have Been) in Okinawa

1. What are the benefits of being a consultant on base in Okinawa?

As a consultant on base in Okinawa, you have access to a large customer base of military families and personnel. You also have the opportunity to network and build relationships with other consultants on base. Additionally, you may have access to special events and promotions specifically for base consultants.

2. How do I become a consultant on base in Okinawa?

To become a consultant on base in Okinawa, you must first become a consultant with Pampered Chef. Then, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef director or contact our corporate office to inquire about opportunities on base. You may also need to meet certain requirements set by the military base, such as obtaining a base access pass.

3. Can I still sell to non-military customers if I am a consultant on base in Okinawa?

Yes, you can still sell to non-military customers as a consultant on base in Okinawa. However, you may need to follow certain guidelines and restrictions set by the military base, such as obtaining permission before hosting events or delivering orders off base.

4. Are there any additional costs or fees for being a consultant on base in Okinawa?

There may be additional costs or fees associated with being a consultant on base in Okinawa, such as obtaining a base access pass or paying for any required base training. However, these costs are typically minimal and can vary depending on the specific military base.

5. What kind of support is available for consultants on base in Okinawa?

As a Pampered Chef consultant on base in Okinawa, you will have access to the same support and resources as any other consultant. This includes training, marketing materials, and support from your director and the corporate office. You may also have access to additional support and resources specifically for base consultants, such as networking opportunities and events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy