• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving? Need Phone Advice for Military Spouses

In summary, I would say that it is probably a good idea to change your phone number if you are moving.
Amyskitchen2
I have a question about your business phone #. I am a military spouse and have moved 3xs in the past 4 yrs and am getting ready to move once again. I keep my cell phone for my business but find it hard to get business everytime I move. For those of you who move do you change your phone # when you move to a new area? I currently have a FL phone # and live in VA so I don't know if the area code is causing a problem. TIA for all your assistance.

Yes, I changed numbers when we moved from Okinawa to Tokyo. I left my e-mail and web address the same, and still send my monthly newsletters to my customers in Okinawa. We all have stateside numbers here, so that number is included in my e-mail signature and in my newsletters too.

I'm a mil spouse too and I haven't had my area code be a problem. I have a MN area code and when I was in Mississippi I actually made friends with the guy at the Wing Zone (best bbq wings ever!) because he asked where my area code was from. He always recognized me whenever I went in after that.
I find it makes for a good conversation. And in military base areas it's pretty well accepted.

I would say it probably doesn't have anything to do with your area code.

I'm an army wife - I always change my number when we move. This last time I actually went ahead and had my cell phone number changed several months before the move so that I could leave it with my customer base in NJ.

I have found that people who are already my customers are much more likely to contact me at a long distance number than a new customer looking for a consultant. While military people understand that the area code doesn't have anything to do with where you live, it just never occurrs to people who aren't associated with the military. Although there are several military bases/posts and the Air Force Academy here in Colorado Springs, there are A LOT of people who are not associated with the military. While I love my military family, I honestly don't want my entire business based around them. People who are from here or live here and are active in the community are likely going to know a lot more people to invite than someone who has only been here for a few months. I've been in Colorado Springs for about a year now and I've had catalog shows and cooking shows (While on vacation) back in NJ and VA because my loyal customers have contacted me.

I recommend changing it. Your cell phone company should let you keep the same account and just change the number to your new area code. And you may even be able to have a message give the new number for the first few months for a small fee.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out with your question. As a fellow military spouse, I completely understand the challenges of moving frequently and maintaining a consistent business phone number. It can definitely be a struggle to establish yourself in a new area with a different area code. In my experience, I have found that it is best to keep the same phone number and focus on building relationships and networking in the new area. This will help potential customers see you as a local business, rather than an out-of-state one. However, if you do decide to change your phone number, make sure to update all of your marketing materials and online listings to reflect the new number. I hope this helps and best of luck with your move!

1. How do I transfer my current phone number to a new location?

In most cases, you can contact your current phone service provider and request to transfer your number to your new location. They will guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary steps to complete the transfer.

2. Will I have to pay additional fees for my phone service when moving to a new location?

It depends on your current phone service provider and your new location. Some providers may charge additional fees for transferring your service, while others may offer discounts or waived fees for military spouses. It's best to inquire with your provider about any potential fees before making the move.

3. Can I keep my current phone plan when moving to a new location?

It's possible to keep your current phone plan, but it may not be the most cost-effective option. It's recommended to research and compare phone plans available in your new location to find one that best suits your needs and budget.

4. How do I ensure a smooth transition for my phone service when moving?

Be sure to notify your current phone service provider of your upcoming move and provide them with your new address. This will allow them to make the necessary arrangements for your service to be transferred or discontinued. It's also a good idea to research and set up a new phone service in your new location before the move.

5. What are some phone options for staying connected with my spouse during deployments?

Some options for staying connected with your spouse during deployments include using video calling apps such as Skype or FaceTime, setting up a prepaid international phone plan, or purchasing a satellite phone. It's also important to communicate and plan with your spouse before their deployment to establish a communication plan that works for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • byrd1956