• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heading Back to Japan for a Few Weeks

In summary, Sheila is returning to Japan with her husband and their three children, but is worried about losing housing if they do not return by the 25th of July. She is also concerned about the military and their rules regarding dependents living with military personnel overseas.
Sheila
Gold Member
Rumor has it that if we don't return by the 25th of July, hubby will loose housing. So we are going to go back, get our names off the evacuee list & then return to the states on our own terms. We are planning to live stateside for a while & make some short visits to Japan to keep the military happy. But I can't really advertise that on Facebook since we have other wives in the command as my FB friends. So for any of you reading my FB status wondering what the heck happened & why we are going back ... that's the reason! ;)

Best of luck to you Sheila. Stay safe going back and forth. You will continue to be in my prayers!

Thanks! I got in such a hurry to post, that I forgot to say we are not going back right now. Probably the week of July 18th ... as close to the freaking deadline as possible! LOL

You know Sheila, there are spouses on here too. Think long and hard before you take advantage of the military. The same military that went through alot of trouble to get you out of Japan when you were worried about your children's health.

jjaastef said:
You know Sheila, there are spouses on here too. Think long and hard before you take advantage of the military. The same military that went through alot of trouble to get you out of Japan when you were worried about your children's health.

I'm not sure how closely you've followed the entire story, but Sheila does plan on returning to Japan. I'm sure losing housing between now and when they permanently return would be a big hassle, and I'm sure her intention is certainly not to take advantage of the military.

Sheila said:
Rumor has it that if we don't return by the 25th of July, hubby will loose housing. So we are going to go back, get our names off the evacuee list & then return to the states on our own terms. We are planning to live stateside for a while & make some short visits to Japan to keep the military happy.

As a retired military person, this implies to me that she is planning on following the rules regarding dependents living with military personnel overseas. They are alllowed to come back and forth a bit at their own personal expense so long as they are in the foregin county for a certain alloted amount of time. So, playing ping-pong with where she is living for a while at her expense is allowed.

Last edited:
Thanks Noora & Jane.

jjaastef, I appreciate your concern, but I'm a retired Police Dispatcher & I don't do ANYTHING that I wouldn't want to explain in a court of law. ;) Rest assured, I'm not doing anything illegal, immoral, dangerous or destructive. I've done my research and am convinced that the US environment experts & nuclear experts probably know what they are talking about & that it's too dangerous to allow my toddlers to live there right now. Hubby and I are doing the best we can until we are convinced that it's safe for the kids to be back in Japan full time. Taking them back for 6 weeks worries the crap out of me, but it's something I have to do to satisfy the military rules. I don't judge any of the families who opted to return sooner and I would appreciate the same respect. It's easy to Monday Morning Quarterback, but until you are living our nightmare I'd appreciate if you refrain from condemning the choices we feel we are forced to make. ;)

I was there on March 11, 2011. I lived the nightmare. I spent over two hours waiting to find out if my children were OK...they were on the bus at 2:46pm that day. Now, we already had PCS orders to return to the States in April so we did not have to deal with the "volunteer departures" so I'll give you that. However, I'm pretty sure that housing rules in Japan state that if you family is in the States for more then 30 days you are require to vacate family housing and move to the dorms. I'm wasn't meaning to say that you were a bad person or breaking the law, I just wanted to make sure you were not taking advantage of our military. We already deal with the image that the military is overcompensated and that we are all out to game the system and I just wanted to put out that if you do take advantage, I will report you. I was there and do know that nightmare and I don't judge you for your choices, but playing the system to keep a house that you're not occupying isn't fair. I'll also note that if you were so worried about your kids you would remain in the states and have your DH just move to the dorms.

I don't think there are too many who imagine the military is overcompensated. Hardly the image I've ever had or thought EVER.

esavvymom said:
I don't think there are too many who imagine the military is overcompensated. Hardly the image I've ever had or thought EVER.

My thoughts exactly!

Wow. All I can say is wow. All I've ever heard about military spouses are how supportive they are to one another. Kind of like Chef Success Members. Guess that's not always the case, on either point.

crystalscookingnow said:
Wow. All I can say is wow. All I've ever heard about military spouses are how supportive they are to one another. Kind of like Chef Success Members. Guess that's not always the case, on either point.

I completely agree. Wow.

I'd be more then happy to be support of a fellow spouse who follows the rules. I'll note that in her first post she stated that she wanted to keep it off facebook so her fellow spouses didn't know...implying that she was doing something wrong. The last I'll says is while Sheila does have every right to make the choice for her family, I hope she makes the one that follows the military rules. Sheila, I would always be there for you if it was needed. We serve right along with our husbands and we are often stuck with situations we don't like. I understand you concern for your family...and I do agree that you have the right to choose not to return, but to return here and there to keep a house that by the rules you are no longer entitled to is not fair to another fellow spouse who may be in TLF waiting.

jjaastef - once you get to know Sheila you will find she never over steps the rules. She is not built that way. And as for taking advantage, that really isn't Sheila! She would go back and move someone else in immediately if she even though for one minute someone else needed it! She would put her self out first before anyone else!

Last edited:
jjaastef, based on your comments, you are an Air Force dependent. The rules differ from one service to the next. If I remember correctly, Sheila is a Marine Corps dependent. Don't assume you know the rules just because you are also a dependent.

Had you read her first comment, you would have noted that she said she was going to be going back and forth to "keep the military happy" In other words, she is making sure that while staying stateside as much as possible, she is following the rules laid out for her and coming back for the required amounts of time.

Do you think she's really getting one over on the military? Maintaining TWO households and traveling all the time ON HER DIME? If she were flying back and forth on orders by constantly "changing her mind" as to where she wanted to live, you might have an argument. This is not the case.

Based on your TWELVE posts on this forum, you don't know anything about her and her ethics. Those of us who've been here for a little while, know better. You are assuming a lot of facts and doing to yourself exactly what the old addage says when you assume something....

Last edited:
Sheila, those of us who know you support you ... and I SO understand how it feels to be misunderstood and have my words thrown back in my face! So I just want to say God Be With You and guide you in your choices and what is best for your family! I can't imagine having a house that you may lose ... and leaving tons of posessions behind just to keep your family safe! So enjoy your time with your DH and may He help you and guide you!

jjaastef has every right to question something she thinks is unethical.

Sheila, I am not accusing you of anything, because I have no ideas of the rules. I just think it is wrong that everyone jumped on top of her for questioning your actions. You have many devoted friends on these boards, you should be proud. I am sure she did not realize your committment to ethics. It sounds like she is in a different branch of service with different rules so you can understand her concern.

For those of you who know me, thanks for the support.jjaastef, rest assured, we'll adhere to all the rules. The reason for not advertising that we'll be going back & forth is that I don't want anyone to misunderstand what we are doing & the command to get incorrect info & jump to conclusions. I also have a LOT of friends who live on the base who either want to pretend that everything is okay or returned because they felt they had no other options. I'm doing my best to not keep talking about how scary it is over there for their sake. Most of them would rather live in a bubble than to know the true risks the experts are talking about. The last time I mentioned it being scary & another mom agreed - a 3rd mom removed us both as FB friends. She really NEEDS to think that it's all okay since she's there with her son. As the others have said you don't know me or you wouldn't assume that I'm being deceptive. It's not in my nature. I'm pretty up front on EVERYTHING I do. I posted for the ones who have been following my story & who may ask on FB what the heck I'm thinking by going back. I was trying to avoid some of those comments on my wall. ;)

jjaastef - I also don't want you to think we have anything against you. The thing about CS is, we all tend to be a bunch of Mama Bears, and will jump to defend our own in a heartbeat :) I do understand your concern, and respect that you would report someone breaking the rules, as they should be reported.

Sheila...just wanted to say I get it, and I admire what all you have been doing to protect your family. YOU GO GIRL!

nikked said:
Sheila...just wanted to say I get it, and I admire what all you have been doing to protect your family. YOU GO GIRL!

Yeah - what she said!

There is a difference in blatently breaking the rules and working within the rules. For those who condemn Sheila for her decision, I hope that you can also look inside yourself and say that you would not do something similar if you had to make that kind of a decision.

Ditto to Nikked and Linda :) ! Thinking of you and your family Sheila. Hope all goes smoothly for you next month.

Thanks Nicole!And jjaastef, you PCS'd, so you are out of the danger. There's really no way for you to know or understand the concerns of being told by the government that you have to return with your toddlers knowing it's a huge cancer risk and or future fertility risk for them -or- volunteer to permanently close the door to SOFA Status by doing an ERD ~ which is NOT a good a good career move for the active duty member as it goes on their permanent record. If we do an ERD and things get better or hubby's transferred to another overseas tour, in a safer zone, we would not be allowed to join him. Plain & simple. Trying to figure out how to keep the kids safe but (legally) leave the door open to return if things improve or if he's transferred to another over duty station in the future is the nightmare to which I was referring. Yes, the earthquake and the uncertainty in those first few days was unnerving. But when I said that you don't understand the nightmare that I'm living I was referring to right now, not back in March. Trying to figure out how to conform to all the rules, keep the kids safe & not separated from their Daddy for 2 full years is not an easy task. Only the ones living that can possibly understand the scope of the stress. :(If you are looking for a little research on the true dangers in Japan, this is a good starting point ...
Arnie Gundersen is an energy adviser with 39 years of nuclear power engineering experience. A former nuclear industry senior vice president, he earned his Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in nuclear engineering, holds a nuclear safety patent, and was a licensed reactor operator. During his nuclear industry career, Arnie managed and coordinated projects at 70-nuclear power plants around the country. He currently speaks on television, radio, and at public meetings on the need for a new paradigm in energy production. An independent nuclear engineering and safety expert, Arnie provides testimony on nuclear operations, reliability, safety, and radiation issues to the NRC, Congressional and State Legislatures, and Government Agencies and Officials throughout the US, Canada, and internationally.Here's what he has to say: http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/exclusive-arnie-gundersen-interview-dangers-fukushima-are-worse-and-longer-lived-we-think/58689(It's a LONG read - so make sure you have some uninterrupted time!)If you REALLY want an education, visit www.Fairewinds.comIf you want a brief explanation of what happened to the fuel rods at Fukushima, start here: Nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen demonstrates how Fukushima's fuel rods melted and shattered on Vimeo

Thanks Linda & Brenda too! :D

Sheila, as Veteran's we support you and your family fully! We know that whatever your decisions you make will be the very best under horrible circumstances as we have followed your story. I have never ever in our 40 yrs heard of our Military being over-compensated for anything or taking advantage of something, actually quite the opposite.
While this site offers everyone the availability to express themselves, it can make one sit back and go "WOW"! I realize she may have felt she was doing the right thing for "Her" Military but I do not believe she was representing me in the Military we served. We supported each other and we support you. God bless you and your family Sheila.

Last edited:
jjaastef - what NooraK said! We have nothing against you. We really don't and we respect your voice. We will however, defend those we know. I guess to that I read something entirely different in Sheila's original post than you did. Which happens! I read about a situation she wished she was not in but because of the rules, she will do the minimum to uphold the military rules while protecting her family. That's what I read. So it too is all in how we read what was written. If the shoe were on your foot, we would stand behind any decision you too had to make. We really would. We respect each other, we fight, yes, all families do, but in the end it boils down to this, we will always be a family.

Thanks guys!I'm trying to do better about not writing "novels" for posts. But less words leaves more room for misinterpretation, huh? Guess I'll have to go back to the "more is better" theory! LOL

Poor Girl. I guess we really scared her off this site. Glad we are have such an open forum where opinion can be voiced. I did not find anything threatening with her post. I have to admit that Sheila's first post looked like she was trying to fly under the radar. I know you all think I now hate Sheila and don't support her, but I don't hate her and I know she will do what is best. But there should be some accountability in the way things are written too. When I first read it, my first impression was that I thought it was odd for Sheila to be so clandestine. To me it sounded like she was stretching the rules, but I do not know the rules and it is not my position to judge. I am only sticking up for this poor new poster who I feel was unjustly attacked by many of you. I know I am not winning any friends by posting this, but I felt I had to stick up for her.

Ahh you're fine LOL. Shows we are protective of those we love LOL. I think that when she wrote, "if you break the rules, I will turn you in" that was the switch that kind of went off for everyone. Sheila is great and we all know she isn't trying to break any rules. She will come back to the site and probably sit back and read for awhile to get to know people first. People on this site just don't write that way or those kinds of things in general. Hugs everyone.

cookingwithlove said:
Poor Girl. I guess we really scared her off this site. Glad we are have such an open forum where opinion can be voiced. I did not find anything threatening with her post. I have to admit that Sheila's first post looked like she was trying to fly under the radar. I know you all think I now hate Sheila and don't support her, but I don't hate her and I know she will do what is best. But there should be some accountability in the way things are written too. When I first read it, my first impression was that I thought it was odd for Sheila to be so clandestine. To me it sounded like she was stretching the rules, but I do not know the rules and it is not my position to judge. I am only sticking up for this poor new poster who I feel was unjustly attacked by many of you. I know I am not winning any friends by posting this, but I felt I had to stick up for her.

She was "attacked" because she said she would report Sheila for something I don't think she, nor any of us fully understand the situation, not because she disagreed with her. Sheila did later explain her post, if it seemed "cryptic", not that I think she should have to explain anything to anyone anyway.

Ahhhh...Social networking. Isn't it grand? This is why somethings should remain private, yes? Not everyone needs to know anyone's business, right.
And things done in writing can so easily be taken out of context.

cookingwithlove said:

Wendy - I totally agree. We are so quick to attack, and yet, we know so little about what she's been through, OR how the military operates. Obviously she felt there was an issue that needed to be addressed. I felt like she kept her cool, and still expressed her thoughts, even though she was being attacked on all sides from people who never even gave her a chance.

Just a note - and this is not against Sheila, just something that came to my mind as I was reading through everyones posts.
We don't really know people who are part of an online community, unless we've met and developed a real life friendship with them. So, I found it mildly amusing that so many were so adamant on how well they know Sheila. She may well be exactly as she appears on here - but she may not be too. But then, I may not be either....

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions. That's what makes America so great.But I must say that people who were not in Japan can't understand the scare of the earthquake & nuclear info that was coming out like those of us who were living there when it happened. People who are living in Japan and sheltering themselves from the news because they would rather pretend that everything is okay don't understand the concerns either. Just like I don't understand & can't fathom the nightmare that the people in Sendai are living. They are all much more affected by the radiation, loss of homes, loss of jobs & loss of loved ones, etc. I know that my concerns are no where NEAR what they are suffering. I just have to do what I can to try and protect my munchkins without making them suffer. 2 years away from Daddy is not a pleasant thought, nor is moving back full time and worrying about the long term effects of that decision on their health. :(I will, however, work on going back to the novels so that there's less room for misinterpretation of what I'm trying to convey.And, as of today, Tokyo's #2 on the list of radiation concerns: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/14_33.html

cookingwithlove said:
I am only sticking up for this poor new poster who I feel was unjustly attacked by many of you.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I tried not to attack with my first post, only to clarify what I had read. Others did the same. When she kept coming back with the same attitude and said "I will report you." Things changed. Coming off as the all-knowing authority on overseas military housing and occupancy rules was what changed my mind. Honestly, I looked at all her posts, she's made comments as far back as last summer. If she actually spends any time here, she would have known Sheila a bit better.

I don't even know all the rules as I spent the majority of my military career in the reserves, but I know there are rules. I also know there is some "wiggle room" in the application of rules and their interpretation. Keeping a low profile while still following the rules in this situation makes sense because her husband's command could easily get erroneous information and make things difficult for everyone. It's best sometimes to just avoid a situation that could be misconstrued soe easily.

I don't know Sheila personally, but on this forum she has ALWAYS been on the straight and narrow and advocates following the rules. Knowing that much about her, my initial interpretation still stands. I would assume nothing less.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228027_1998897577293_1389121744_3174232_2942743_n.jpg

That's the comment card from the hotel in Toronto. I thought it was so funny I took a picture. My sister thought it was so funny, she kept it & carries it in her purse. I'm thinking everyone needs one right now, huh? LOL

Where is KG when you need some comic-relief?! :p

I'm just happy I'll get to see you at NC!!!

And as a side note, as a military wife myself I'm so greatful of the close bonds we form with other military wives sometimes without those bonds I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through some hard deployments.
Never really had to experience anything like what happened in Japan but I remember landing in Korea with a 2yr old after a 16hr flight (yeah...with a TWO year old!!! LOL) and being whisked away to a safe place because there we threats of North Korea invading South Korea. At the safe place we were given instructions of where to go in case of an invasion and of what not to wear so we didn't call attention to ourselves in case of kidnappings. I hadn't been in the country 4 hours and all I wanted to do was get back on the plane go home and keep my baby away from any danger

Last edited:
He's away from his computer for a few days. Otherwise, I'm sure he'd be chiming in. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Just a note - and this is not against Sheila, just something that came to my mind as I was reading through everyones posts.
We don't really know people who are part of an online community, unless we've met and developed a real life friendship with them. So, I found it mildly amusing that so many were so adamant on how well they know Sheila. She may well be exactly as she appears on here - but she may not be too. But then, I may not be either....

I have to disagree somewhat. I may not have met Sheila (or you), and only have met Rae briefly in person, but do feel like I know them (and you). I may not be as close as I am with some of my local friends, but I can say I know many of my online friends better than I do some of my co-workers. I have interacted with some of my online friends through CS, FB and by reading blogs, and what I see creates a knowledge of that person, because what they post is consistent.

Either that, or some of you have created a very elaborate online life that has a wide reach!

Me, trying to be a logical thinker would assume that if someone were to blatantly break any rules, they wouldn't be advertising it on a social networking site......:rolleyes:

Just sayin.:D

Sheila, I hope to meet you at NC.

Noora, I've been meeting some of my Mommy Board friends since arriving stateside. One of the two Toronto girls that I went to meet said her hubby gave her a really hard time about going to a HOTEL to meet someone that she only knows from online & asked her "what if she's a guy?" LOLI agree, when you see people's lives out there on Facebook and blogs, see their families and friends from the last 25 years commenting ... it's kind of hard to think they are hiding anything. And you can usually tell pretty quick who lives their life as a victim of their surroundings (always complaining about how mean the world is to them) and the ones who love life & are survivors of their roadblocks. I'm a survivor by nature. But when it comes to my babies, I turn into the protector! ;)

kittychef said:
I'm just happy I'll get to see you at NC!!!

And as a side note, as a military wife myself I'm so greatful of the close bonds we form with other military wives sometimes without those bonds I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through some hard deployments.
Never really had to experience anything like what happened in Japan but I remember landing in Korea with a 2yr old after a 16hr flight (yeah...with a TWO year old!!! LOL) and being whisked away to a safe place because there we threats of North Korea invading South Korea. At the safe place we were given instructions of where to go in case of an invasion and of what not to wear so we didn't call attention to ourselves in case of kidnappings. I hadn't been in the country 4 hours and all I wanted to do was get back on the plane go home and keep my baby away from any danger

Only in the military community can you hang with your girlfriends 24/7 for 6 months & then drop them like flies when the spouses return without anyone getting their feelings hurt. LOL We are a different breed! :D

(((Hugs))) on the Korea thing. That would definitely be scary! We took a 10 day trip to China when I was pregnant with my son. My daughter was with us and she was only 10 months old. We walked into the parking lot of the airport with our tour guide and were instantly surrounded with police officers! There were 5 of them wearing 3 different agency uniforms. They put me & my daughter in one place, hubby in a 2nd place, the tour guide in a 3rd place & the driver in a 4th place. None of us were allowed to talk to one another. They were yelling at our driver, so we soon realized that the focus was on him, not us ... but it was a bit worrisome for the first 1/2 hour or so. They held us up for about 2 hours total, then let a taxi take hubby, the baby & I to our hotel while they kept doing their investigation on the driver. It was about 11PM when we left the airport. We learned the next day that new rules had been put into place for the Beijing Olympics (because of robbery reports) and only people with a Chauffeur's license were allowed to transport visitors in China. The tour guide had not done any tours during the Olympics, we were her 1st ones starting back up. She told the company driver that she'd have her brother take her & let him off for the night. He didn't relay the new rules to her. So her brother was in trouble for trying to drive us. We had to initially answer a LOT of questions about who we were, what we were doing there, how we met the tour guide, what we knew about the driver, etc. But luckily the worry was short lived. I've never been in a threatened war zone, so big (((HUGS))) to you on that one. I'm sure that had to have been super scary. Especially with the Mommy instincts kicking in. :(

if it's any consolation, I saw on the news that "they" did a study on internet boards. Facebook is about 85% true. None of any others came so close. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that many of us connect to our actual family and friends on FB so it's pretty hard to tell a lot of lies...

There are definitely pathological liars out there who could very well lead completely different online and real lives. That probably isn't most of us. ;) It's always wise to be cautious, though. We don't know the details behind someone's life. Still, I've been known to defend my CS friends when I feel they've been wrongly accused. (The conversation here had progressed pretty far before I discovered the controversy.) As for someone openly admitting to doing something against the rules, it happens here all the time. Granted, it's usually breaking of PC rules rather than US Military rules, but . . . People really don't think about the ramifications of their actions sometimes.

Wow ... lots of posts here/To Sheila, again I support you.To the other poster who some said was "scared" off these boards ... I am not attacking you, either! Trust me when I say I know how it feels to be misunderstood and feel ganged up on when I, say, just throw something out there for discussion only to find I'm dropping a match on gasoline! Wooossshhh!Early on in my days here, I joked about something. I was a brand new consultant and did not know the rules. Well, some people assumed that I was going to do what I joked about and didn't seem to hear me even when I thanked them for helping me change my mind! So hugs to both of you. You are valued members of our community.

I've not be scared away...just other stuff going on. I stand by my comment, as I did think by her first post she was going to try to bend the rules. All I said at that point was to think about what she was doing and be kind to the military that works really hard to support us. I also stand by my comment that I would turn her in. Woud you turn me in if you knew I was trying to do somthing wrong. I hope you would...when people take advantage of the system, the system gets harder. Sheila is right that I moved and don't have to deal with the issue anymore, but I was never questioning her right to choose to return or not. I was questioning her plan to hang on the a house that she may no longer be entitled to. I don't know what the wait list is like at Atsugi, but I knew many families arriving at Camp Zama to find they'd be living in a mini apartment for months. On that note, I didn't even consider the Sofa Status issue and I can see your reason a little more, but I don't think an ERD would hurt your husband's career and it would only apply to that assignment, it would not keep you from furture ones....I checked. Lastly, I side with the military on the risk issue. The military pays for the healthcare of dependents. If they for one second thought it was not safe...and they have many many experts...the would pull them out. However you are allowed to make your choice about that too, and I don't hold it against you. If you want to spend money and time flying all over, have fun and I wish you the best.

I've learned that karma will get people in the end. If I see someone shoplifting in a store, I will alert security to watch them. But no. I wouldn't get involved or worry myself after reading a post on a forum. Nor do I report Japan Consultants when I see them doing "ship to host". They've been told the rules when they applied for their business license and if they choose to break them, they are doing so with the gamble that they could get caught & shut down. I remind them of the rules and the consequences, then it's up to them to do the right thing or continue with the gamble. And I'm sorry sweetie, but there are a LOT of military people who have suffered long term health issues after exposure to dangerous things during their military career or because of where they were stationed during the sponsor's military career. The nuclear testing in the Bikini Islands, Agent Orange & people who developed cancer after living on Atsugi when the incinerators were going are just 3 of the many examples. They thought it was okay, then basically said "oops" when they found out differently. I'm not interested in gambling with the lives of my children that the environmental effects on Japan from the issues at Fukushima are going to be another situation where they say "Oops! We thought it was okay" later. :(

Please do no call me sweetie, I am not a child. As far as the shipping thing, I would turn them in. When people abuse our APO shipping privlages it cloggs the system and makes it harder for the rest of us to take advantage of our benefit. Almost every Pampered Chef package I received would get opened, inspected and be delayed by a few days becasue so many were breaking that rule. Your right, there have been things that came out that they called wrong, but with this case, and the WHOLE world watching. But, you can think what you want just as I can have my opinions. I'd trade places with you and go back to Japan in a heart beat. It was a wonderful place and the people were amazing. Again, I still wish you the best.

I have read this post for a day now and I am shocked at all of this being said! Sheila- i have never met you either, however I talked with you many times on conference calls and through email, and I support you 100%. YOU do whatever you feel is necessary to protect your family. And as far as the negative comments against you, if people really have time to sit on message boards to find things to report people on, then they need to get a life and worry about their own business. Its just ridiculous! God Bless You and your family for your sacrifices.

KCPChef said:
I have read this post for a day now and I am shocked at all of this being said! Sheila- i have never met you either, however I talked with you many times on conference calls and through email, and I support you 100%. YOU do whatever you feel is necessary to protect your family. And as far as the negative comments against you, if people really have time to sit on message boards to find things to report people on, then they need to get a life and worry about their own business. Its just ridiculous! God Bless You and your family for your sacrifices.

Like!!!! I've read this and chosen to keep my mouth shut. But, as another military spouse, and one with a four year old myself, I support your decision to do what is best for you children. As mothers we all know that our instincts are usually right. If you don't feel comfortable with your kids living full time somewhere, then you are the ONLY person (along with your husband of course) who has the right to make that decision. And I don't consider you to be breaking, or even bending, the rules. If you are staying within the guidelines, then I don't believe you are doing anything wrong. Good luck with your trip and stay well while you are away.

We ARE a different breed aren't we LOL!;)

Sometimes I feel like we're guinnie (sp?) pigs LOL. We've lived in housing that later on became condemned due to lead (nice!):yuck: And after my husband spent a holw week clearing a helicopter crash his team was told they were exposed to radiation.:eek:
I know my husband signed on to be a soldier and for that matter I did too but our children didn't really get a choice. And a lot of tmes they are the ones who suffer the most:(

<h2>What is the reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks?</h2><p>The reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks is to get our names off the evacuee list and avoid losing housing. We are planning to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to keep the military happy.</p><h2>Why can't you advertise this on Facebook?</h2><p>We cannot advertise this on Facebook because we have other wives in the command as our friends and we do not want to cause any confusion or misunderstandings.</p><h2>When is the deadline for returning to Japan?</h2><p>The deadline for returning to Japan is July 25th.</p><h2>What will happen if you do not return by the deadline?</h2><p>If we do not return by the deadline, we may lose our housing in Japan.</p><h2>What are your plans for living in the future?</h2><p>Our plans for living in the future are to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to maintain our ties with the military.</p>

What is the reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks?

The reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks is to get our names off the evacuee list and avoid losing housing. We are planning to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to keep the military happy.

Why can't you advertise this on Facebook?

We cannot advertise this on Facebook because we have other wives in the command as our friends and we do not want to cause any confusion or misunderstandings.

When is the deadline for returning to Japan?

The deadline for returning to Japan is July 25th.

What will happen if you do not return by the deadline?

If we do not return by the deadline, we may lose our housing in Japan.

What are your plans for living in the future?

Our plans for living in the future are to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to maintain our ties with the military.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies