• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heading Back to Japan for a Few Weeks

In summary, Sheila is returning to Japan with her husband and their three children, but is worried about losing housing if they do not return by the 25th of July. She is also concerned about the military and their rules regarding dependents living with military personnel overseas.
jjaastef, I agree, Japan is a WONDERFUL country. We tried to stay in Okinawa, was told no & asked for mainland. Up until the evac, I'd been there 4.5 years. Both of my children were "made in Japan". I absolutely love the country, the people and their culture. I did not want to leave & if it were not for the health concerns, I'd still be there. Thanks Kristin, Sharon & kittychef (sorry, I don't know your name).Sharon, So true! I've joked before that "only the people present for the conception get a vote" ... but my IVI & IVF friends would argue that their RE does not get a vote! LOLkittychef, so sorry! I was doing a cooking show on Kadena one day and the guests were talking about a friend who had recently PCS'd off the island and her "old" house. They were saying that she was CONSTANTLY sick while living there. The military had come around & placed radon detectors in various houses (mine was one of them) to test the levels. This woman's previous residence failed the test and they moved the new occupants out of it. Her friends were wondering if THAT was the source of all her health issues on Okinawa. :( Some of the military housing is soooo old, you just never know! I think they pretty much warn you now if you are moving into an older house that the bottom layers of paint could contain lead, so that you can report chipping paint and keep the munchkins from trying to eat it. But the old lead-based paint is pretty much an issue in all the older houses in the U.S. too. Another example of the government "doing better" when the "learned better". ;) I know TX has laws now that you have to disclose that when you sell or rent a house. My guess is the other states have similar laws too. I know it's pretty much "life", but it's sad to see people suffer the consequences during a learning process.

<h2>What is the reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks?</h2><p>The reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks is to get our names off the evacuee list and avoid losing housing. We are planning to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to keep the military happy.</p><h2>Why can't you advertise this on Facebook?</h2><p>We cannot advertise this on Facebook because we have other wives in the command as our friends and we do not want to cause any confusion or misunderstandings.</p><h2>When is the deadline for returning to Japan?</h2><p>The deadline for returning to Japan is July 25th.</p><h2>What will happen if you do not return by the deadline?</h2><p>If we do not return by the deadline, we may lose our housing in Japan.</p><h2>What are your plans for living in the future?</h2><p>Our plans for living in the future are to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to maintain our ties with the military.</p>

What is the reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks?

The reason for heading back to Japan for a few weeks is to get our names off the evacuee list and avoid losing housing. We are planning to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to keep the military happy.

Why can't you advertise this on Facebook?

We cannot advertise this on Facebook because we have other wives in the command as our friends and we do not want to cause any confusion or misunderstandings.

When is the deadline for returning to Japan?

The deadline for returning to Japan is July 25th.

What will happen if you do not return by the deadline?

If we do not return by the deadline, we may lose our housing in Japan.

What are your plans for living in the future?

Our plans for living in the future are to live stateside for a while and make short visits to Japan to maintain our ties with the military.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies