• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Was This Consultant's Rude Behavior a Blessing in Disguise?

In summary, the lady that came to inspect my house to see how much stuff I taking with me to MI, of course noticed all the PC stuff and of course said "I LOVE Pampered Chef," so of course I gave her all the information to do a catalog show. She told me that she was at a show a few weeks ago and went there with the intention of buying the 7 pc cookware. Well I talked to her tonight, and in one day she has over $400 in orders and that does not even take into consideration her cookware. GREAT FOR ME! I know the consultant that she said was rude. OUCH...its a "higher up"...Should I
Braedensmom
Okay- so the lady that came to inspect my house to see how much stuff I taking with me to MI, of course noticed all the PC stuff and of course said "I LOVE Pampered Chef," SO of course I gave her all the information to do a catalog show (since I wont be here to do a kitchen show). She told me that she was at a show a few weeks ago and went there with the intention of buying the 7 pc cookware. She said that the consultant was sooo rude that she only ordered the mix and chop. Well I talked to her tonight, and in one day she has over $400 in orders and that does not even take into consideration her cookware. GREAT FOR ME! I know the consultant that she said was rude. OUCH...its a "higher up"...Should I say anything to her? I mean her loss, but I would want to know what people think of my shows. Advice? (oh and the Lord does provide when needed!)

Congrats on your sale!! And sounds like you will have a customer for life, even with you moving...

On one hand you "should" probably tell the other consultant but not sure of how to put it to the consultant without it getting to sticky. Is your Director the kind of person you can talk to? Maybe she can suggest something. Or maybe there is a way to say something to "ALL" consultants without one person feeling it was meant for her, (if she is in your cluster).

Good Luck...I would want to know but can't honestly say I wouldn't be offended...

Congrats Brenda!!! That's too cool! I LOVE days like that!:D :D

I have been in the situation that you're in. I chose to tell my recruiter and she was very mad at me and the customer. Almost 2 years later, we've been friends but she doesn't like to see me succeed. Too sad. Oh well, I'm focusing my attention on directorship!:D

I wouldn't say anything to the rude consultant. She is who she is. And besides no one can please everyone. It could be that she just hit the customer wrong. I don't think saying anything would do any good. JMHO

Did your customer say HOW she was rude? Because maybe you could work it into a training session as part of a "what not to do" segment. Then you wouldn't be confronting the other consultant directly, but the info would be out there.

chefann said:
Did your customer say HOW she was rude? Because maybe you could work it into a training session as part of a "what not to do" segment. Then you wouldn't be confronting the other consultant directly, but the info would be out there.
That is a GREAT idea Ann!!

BethCooks4U said:
I wouldn't say anything to the rude consultant. She is who she is. And besides no one can please everyone. It could be that she just hit the customer wrong. I don't think saying anything would do any good. JMHO

Yep. Don't say anything to her... nothing GOOD will come from that knowledge. File it away in your mental roladex that customers are watching what you say/how you act, and learn from that consultant's mistake.
Congratulations on the sale! :)

Thank you. I'm a pretty non-confrontational person, so I try to think of ways to subtly correct people.

The catch is that they have to recognize their habits in the training and be willing to make a change.

It also depends on how the customer "clicked" with the consultant...
I mean, Tom Marston is incredibly "rude" at his shows, but he is friggin hilarious to me. That's just his personality. He's like that to everyone, so :p
I can see how he could be taken as rude to people with a stick up their hoohah though. ;) KWIM?

Pampered Laura said:
It also depends on how the customer "clicked" with the consultant...
I mean, Tom Marston is incredibly "rude" at his shows, but he is friggin hilarious to me. That's just his personality. He's like that to everyone, so :p
I can see how he could be taken as rude to people with a stick up their hoohah though. ;) KWIM?
Very good point. We've all got a personal style, and sometimes it works with customers, sometimes it doesn't. That's why I try to feel out the crowd before I use some of my one-liners.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree! Did you ask the customer about the Opp? She is already selling PC!

Pampered Laura said:
It also depends on how the customer "clicked" with the consultant... I mean, Tom Marston is incredibly "rude" at his shows, but he is friggin hilarious to me. That's just his personality. He's like that to everyone, so :p I can see how he could be taken as rude to people with a stick up their hoohah though. ;) KWIM?
Boy do I ever. Not to toot my own horn, but most people think I'm pretty funny, even when I'm trying not to be, but once in a while I get one of those shows where people just don't get me. He's got that British sense of humor I grew up with.

My sister and her friends do not like a particular local consultant - I think she is still a director I was amazed to find her on a training CD as a top seller of cookware because her customer service skills left much to be desired. Before I was a consultant my sister purchased a chopper for me as a wedding gift and she would not help her get it replaced. The box was smashed and you don't want to give a gift in a damaged box. My sister ended up having to call HO herself. All she wanted was a new box but she ended up with a new chopper.

Obviously I didn't sign under this person because of her poor customer service skills but she just rubbed people the wrong way at her shows too. I had been to more than one of hers.

Obviously she does well in the company but we don't click with everyone and vice versa

I would not say anything. It would just cause confrontation in your life in my opinion. And as others have said we are all different so to some she may not come off as rude. If she is "higher up" it has been working for her to far. I am not one to create problems for myself when I am not involved in the situation. Plus, you do not want this customer to find out either - she may not want her to know she said anything about her. If she wanted her to know her feelings, she could have put them on the comments on the back of the survey cards.

Just be glad you have found a good customer. I have a great customer who has also became a great friend b/c she liked my "style" better than another consulant's "style." It is all about personal choices made by our customers in my opinion. The next person make like someone else beter than me - you jsut never know.

I, also, would not discuss this very much with the customer. You do not want her to think you go around talking about people and this situation hurt your reputation either.

I wouldn't say anything either. I just recently got a new customer who had been with a consultant that she said "was not cooperative". She was a past hostess attending a friends show. She said she had hosted a show last July, but didn't have her discount card because she accidentally through it away when her items came in. I told her I could look it up on CC and she looked suprised that I could do this. She said her last consultant would never give her the discount because she didn't keep up with the card and she told her she had no way of getting her number without the card. Sounds like someone was stretching a bit for that extra commission, but I didn't say anything. Then she said that she had also had a guest from her past show that wanted to exchange something that still fell under the guarantee, but the other consultant told her she couldn't if she didn't have her receipt, which she didn't.

I kept my opinions to myself. But at the same time, I was thinking "how hard is it to look up a past hostess or to print another receipt for someone who obviously bought the item in question from you?" I know everyone should keep up with their receipts. I know it would be a pain to do this for everyone, but how often does it really happen anyway. Anyway, my point is I didn't say anything to the other consultant or to the customer. I just took her order, found her past hostess number, and booked a show for her this summer!

I didnt go into it with the customer, I just apologized that someone doing what I love to do treated her so poorly and left it at that.

Thanks for the great advice ladies.. I'll keep my mouth shut.

But comments on the back of the "thank you"card is a great idea- I will do that and then add the comments under my news on my site!!! AWESOME!!!

I can't believe that no one mentioned this:

How about SIGNING the inspector??? You are leaving many customers who would probably be in very good hands (she knows what good customer service is already!!).

Just a thought.....:)

Of course I did...She gave a flat out no interest, no time. But of course I will always keep in touch with her and ask her every couple months... I'm sure it gets slow for them in the winter, so maybe then. :)

What is "It Came Out of Nowhere...."?

"It Came Out of Nowhere...." is a cookbook featuring a collection of delicious and easy-to-make recipes using Pampered Chef products. It also includes helpful tips and tricks for using our kitchen tools and appliances.

Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to use this cookbook?

While the recipes in "It Came Out of Nowhere...." are specifically designed for use with Pampered Chef products, you can still make them with similar tools and appliances from other brands. However, we highly recommend using our products for the best results.

Are the recipes in "It Came Out of Nowhere...." suitable for beginners?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are perfect for beginners! They are easy to follow and do not require advanced cooking skills. Plus, the tips and tricks included in the book will help you become a pro in no time.

Can I purchase "It Came Out of Nowhere...." in physical form?

Yes, you can purchase a physical copy of the cookbook on our website or through one of our independent consultants. It is also available in digital form for easy access on your electronic devices.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan recipes included in "It Came Out of Nowhere...."?

Yes, "It Came Out of Nowhere...." features a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, including vegetarian and vegan options. We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy delicious meals made with our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • mspibb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies