• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Jewels by Park Lane the Right Choice for My Friend's Party?

In summary, people are saying it would be rude to drill the rep during her recruiting talk and that it would be better to focus on OUR positive points.
erinb
Gold Member
Does anyone know about Jewels by Park Lane? I have friend that is hosting a party and she is considering signing with this company. I have been invited to her party and I was wondering if it would be rude for me to really drill the rep with questions when she starts with her recruiting talk. That way if there are any negative points, I can point them out to my friend...... and of course really persuade her to sign with PC.

Any info on this company is greatly appreciated!

I have heard of them, but never saw their stuff or found out more about them.I think it would be extremely rude to drill the rep during her recruiting talk. Think how you would feel if someone did that to you? A 1:1 conversation would be much more appropriate.

Pointing out the negatives in another company in an attempt to recruit someone will always backfire on you. Rather than focus o the other company's negative points, you're better off just focusing on OUR positive points.

Yes, agree with the above - negativity ALWAYS shows through. (Even when you try to hide it).It doesn't hurt to ask a few questions, but let the rep. give the answer and leave it at that and leave it as a positive experience.You can also politely and positively remind your friend that it is easier to get booking because everyone eats vs. other products that only a select few use.You HAVE to keep it on a positive note/comparison and not drill down the other company.

For your information...go to their website, browse around, educate yourself.They have a $39.00 start-up fee which may entice your friend and they talk about "not lugging heavy samples"...

I wouldn't drill the consultant - I know I would be irritated if someone did that to me during a show.

Here are some questions you can give to your friend so she can do her own research.....

And also, everyone is different - no way in the world could I sell jewelry, but I have a friend who is just as passionate about Lia Sophia as I am about PC - and she says no way in the world could she sell PC! We think everyone would do better with PC, but she may just really love doing something else.

Attachments

• comparing DSC questions.doc
    76 KB · Views: 239
ChefBeckyD said:
I wouldn't drill the consultant - I know I would be irritated if someone did that to me during a show.

Here are some questions you can give to your friend so she can do her own research.....

And also, everyone is different - no way in the world could I sell jewelry, but I have a friend who is just as passionate about Lia Sophia as I am about PC - and she says no way in the world could she sell PC! We think everyone would do better with PC, but she may just really love doing something else.

I have the same case here. So I support my friends in what they choose - no hard feelings...and I peek at the jewelry on occasion!

Oh gosh, I didn't mean that I would be drilling her in a nasty way....I just meant that I would be asking a lot of questions. As far as pointing out the negative parts to my friend, I would just show a comparison between them and us.

Thank you all for the advice. I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way. By no means would I do this in an inappropriate manner.

erinb said:
Oh gosh, I didn't mean that I would be drilling her in a nasty way....I just meant that I would be asking a lot of questions. As far as pointing out the negative parts to my friend, I would just show a comparison between them and us.

Thank you all for the advice. I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way. By no means would I do this in an inappropriate manner.

Not a problem here...don't take offense to our comments either...we are just here to keep each other on track and on a positive note so all meant in love and as a reminder, no assumptions made that you WOULD be mean. :)

janetupnorth said:
Not a problem here...don't take offense to our comments either...we are just here to keep each other on track and on a positive note so all meant in love and as a reminder, no assumptions made that you WOULD be mean. :)

Thanks Janet!

janetupnorth said:
You can also politely and positively remind your friend that it is easier to get booking because everyone eats vs. other products that only a select few use.

Sometimes. I agree that jewelry is more of a select market... but there are lots of successful people who sell jewelry.

I never had much of a problem getting bookings with Pampered Chef or my present company, because I'm passionate about what I can personally offer and I think my demos are fun (no matter what product I'm selling). But... I have consultants who did Pampered Chef before that had problems getting bookings/recruits, and aren't having those same problems with the new company. That said, I have had consultants who you hate to tell... but it was THEM - and not the product. ;)
I do think it's the consultant's attitude and outlook combined with the training as much as it is the product.

Bottom line, if your friend is passionate about jewelry and her WHY lines up with what that company is offering, then you have to support her. Just make sure you're there as her supportive friend just in case she needs a soft place to land. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree Laura - I didn't have time to type more details, but it is ALWAYS about the attitude! If you portray excitement and a positive image about WHATEVER you are selling, you are more likely to succeed and get more business.I truly believe those who don't succeed in DS just aren't into it. I do not consider myself a salesperson by ANY means...my goodness, I'm a geeky engineer!!!! But when I do I PC show, I do just great. I may not be the top seller, but I do fine when out and for my schedule. But my goal is to have FUN with PC and I portray that.

Pampered Laura said:
Sometimes. I agree that jewelry is more of a select market... but there are lots of successful people who sell jewelry.

I never had much of a problem getting bookings with Pampered Chef or my present company, because I'm passionate about what I can personally offer and I think my demos are fun (no matter what product I'm selling). But... I have consultants who did Pampered Chef before that had problems getting bookings/recruits, and aren't having those same problems with the new company. That said, I have had consultants who you hate to tell... but it was THEM - and not the product. ;)
I do think it's the consultant's attitude and outlook combined with the training as much as it is the product.

Bottom line, if your friend is passionate about jewelry and her WHY lines up with what that company is offering, then you have to support her. Just make sure you're there as her supportive friend just in case she needs a soft place to land. :)

For Laura only...

Giggling to self at the potential underlying innuendos that could be in that statement... ;)

erinb said:
Does anyone know about Jewels by Park Lane? I have friend that is hosting a party and she is considering signing with this company. I have been invited to her party and I was wondering if it would be rude for me to really drill the rep with questions when she starts with her recruiting talk. That way if there are any negative points, I can point them out to my friend...... and of course really persuade her to sign with PC.

Any info on this company is greatly appreciated!

As much as I love PC, there are people out there who it is not the right place. For whatever her reason's might be, she is thinking jewelry, not cookware/etc. I have a good friend, and great PC customer, who chose to rep for Silpada instead of PC. She said she loved PC, but just wasn't into lugging all the stuff around. Even just the kit is a big bunch.

My advice, don't offer advice unless your friend asks for it. Let her make her own choice and you try to be supportive.

Just my 2 cents.

LMAO I didnt even think of that... Janet you're dreamy! ;)

*snort* :D

Actually, she isn't even thinking of it because it's jewelry. This rep said something to her about an incentive trip. Something about 32,000 points and 4 recruits in like 3 months and if you wanted to bring a guest it had to be something like 55,000 points. I've not talked with my friend much about it, but I plan on getting as much info from her as I can and see just what her plan is. I just don't want her to dive into something that seems "too good to be true".

She may feel like she wants to sell in a DS company, but b/c you are friends doesn't want to "step on your toes". I have had this happen many times. It is her way of trying to be a good friend.
As far as Park Lane, I went to a kick-off party for a friend of mine 2 wks ago and they have some really nice stuff, really cool benefits for guests and hostesses. I didn't book a party, but I did spend only 42.00 for 94.00 worth of product. but then again, some of their stuff is very pricey. HTH

I have a very good friend who sells JBPL. I have a lot of their pieces and love their products. I think we have better past host benefits and booking benefits. Theirs have to be done within a really short time in order for the original host to get the benfits of people booking off her shows. I think there products are sooo pretty. Love that they have a lifetime warrenty on most of their stuff-- except watches. My husband actually calls my friend quite a bit to bring me home a suprise. He has nothing else to buy now that I can get all the kitchen jewels I need with my commisions! Side note, this friend started her business really close to the time I started with PC. It wasn't for me, and PC wasn't for her, but that doesn't stop us from buying/loving the other gals products. I get complements all the time about the jewelry! She carries my business cards to her business pot lucks!

I just have to comment about this.
My sister had a Park Lane party. The rep was VERY pushy to try to get her to sell. She painted a pretty picture. But it still didn't sound right. I made my sister look at long and hard. There are 3 companies that do jewelry home parties. I told her she had to look at the cost, guarentee and product line.
Even though my sister told her she wasn't sure, she kept pushing and pushing. Well, until I showed up at the party and she found out I sell PC. She kind of stopped hounding her so much during the show.
The product line is terrible. The jewelry is CHEAP looking. Everyone who ordered didn't like what they got and the rep wasn't willing to help. I ordered these earrings in silver and got Gold. She said well you ( meaning me) must have ordered wrong. Besides all that, I wasn't impressed with her plan or her products. She was showing off empowering women and tried to make it out that her company was the only one in this magazine. Well, you know I had to point out we were and that they always feature a different company.
I hope your friend really looks at it all if she is thinking of selling.

chefkugler said:
I just have to comment about this.
My sister had a Park Lane party. The rep was VERY pushy to try to get her to sell. She painted a pretty picture. But it still didn't sound right. I made my sister look at long and hard. There are 3 companies that do jewelry home parties. I told her she had to look at the cost, guarentee and product line.
Even though my sister told her she wasn't sure, she kept pushing and pushing. Well, until I showed up at the party and she found out I sell PC. She kind of stopped hounding her so much during the show.
The product line is terrible. The jewelry is CHEAP looking. Everyone who ordered didn't like what they got and the rep wasn't willing to help. I ordered these earrings in silver and got Gold. She said well you ( meaning me) must have ordered wrong. Besides all that, I wasn't impressed with her plan or her products. She was showing off empowering women and tried to make it out that her company was the only one in this magazine. Well, you know I had to point out we were and that they always feature a different company.
I hope your friend really looks at it all if she is thinking of selling.
I think maybe what she was trying to point out is that it is a pretty big deal to have one entire issure specifically dedicated to one company. I love their jelwelry too. But, hey that is why we all have our opinions and this is a great place to share. I think there are pushy reps in a lot of direct selling companies including ours. I think the number one reason people book shows is because they like the rep and they join because they like the rep and the company. I don't think the company would have such a good record, enough to merit an Empowering Women, if they where all that pushy and the product was that bad. LOL its all a matter of perspective and everyone has a different one.

I am a former jewelry consultant. (NOT Parklane or any of the other lines mentioned.) At the time I joined because the idea of a jewelry party seemed fun and novel. Now they're EVERYWHERE and there are multiple jewelry companies. I can think of five off the top of my head.The thing you have to remember is that there are trade-offs with everything. A main point to consider is whether the people in your life love the product. This was the main sticking point for me. There was only one person in my life who GENUINELY loved my jewelry. I had a few successful parties. But it was impossible for me to stay consistently active because most people thought the product was too impractical for their tastes. The show I just closed out ... I never, ever, in my BEST month had a show nearly as good ... the best ones, which were few and far between, reached about half that level.I got an AMAZING discount and my commission was 10 percent higher than PC ... but you must remember, there is a big markup on costume jewelry. That meant that while my customers were getting good discounts, they were not getting good value for their money.Also ... when a catalog was retired, HUNDREDS of items were taken out of the line, including many items in my kit and many more I had added. When PC came out with a new catalog, nothing I had was retired. I had a rolling tote that I used to carry my jewelry trays. I am now leaning toward eventually getting a rolling tote for PC stuff because if my light jewelry could be transported on wheels, why not my PC gear? And by the by ... the tote that had my catalogs and stuff was always the heaviest.If she wants to sell, I have trays and totes I'm looking to unload ... cheap!

1. What is Jewels by Park Lane?

Jewels by Park Lane is a direct sales jewelry company that offers high-quality, fashion-forward jewelry at affordable prices. The company has been in business for over 60 years and is known for its exclusive designs and exceptional customer service.

2. How can I purchase Jewels by Park Lane products?

You can purchase Jewels by Park Lane products through independent consultants, also known as Style Coordinators, at in-home or online parties. You can also shop directly from the company's website.

3. Are Jewels by Park Lane products guaranteed?

Yes, all Jewels by Park Lane products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 120 days for a full refund or exchange.

4. Does Jewels by Park Lane have a fundraising program?

Yes, Jewels by Park Lane offers a fundraising program to help organizations and individuals raise money for a cause. The program allows you to sell jewelry and keep a portion of the sales as profit.

5. How can I become a Jewels by Park Lane consultant?

To become a Jewels by Park Lane consultant, you can sign up through the company's website or through a current Style Coordinator. The starter kit includes everything you need to start your own business, including jewelry samples, business supplies, and training materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissaboyd