• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is Jewels by Park Lane Encouraging PC Directors to Leave?

In summary, The Pampered Chef is aware of Jewels by Park Lane actively soliciting their sales field. They encourage people to consider their business opportunity compared to Park Lane's and have offered some questions to consider. There was a lawsuit between the two companies which The Pampered Chef lost, with the court ruling that their Non-Solicitation clause was not upheld as their turn over rate is so large. Many people believe this behavior from Park Lane is unethical and are committed to staying with The Pampered Chef as it has the best consultant benefits.
The only jewelry I wear on a daily basis is my engagement & wedding ring. My necklace broke recently ~ I've been wearing the same necklace & heart drop since 1997 when I received it as a gift from my (now) husband. I have a ruby & diamond bracelet, a nice watch and a nice pair of stud earrings with a couple of different jacket options to wear behind them. That's it. Hubby's bought me a few other things on his military treks across the world, but I never wear it. It's all packed away from various military moves. I'm just not much of a jewelry person, but when I do wear it I wear the real stuff not the fake stuff. I don't think I'd ever make it as a jewelry rep! :veryfunny:

Of course if someone gave me a jewelry store filled with the real stuff I'd be all over that! LOL

His post sounds kind of desparate and pathetic to me. Doesn't he have any confidence in himself that he can promote leaders within his own sales team? I wonder how many of his own customers he is turning off? Oh well, maybe he'll get over his anger at pc and move on eventually.

Karen

Chef Karen said:
His post sounds kind of desparate and pathetic to me. Doesn't he have any confidence in himself that he can promote leaders within his own sales team? I wonder how many of his own customers he is turning off? Oh well, maybe he'll get over his anger at pc and move on eventually.

Karen

I agree, Karen. When he was at PC he did a great job and inspiration was what most people felt when he spoke. This does sound like a desperate attempt to justify his move.

My love is PC and what use it does for me in everyday life. Jewelry is nice, but the more expensive it is, the less I wear it because I am afraid I will lose it or ruin it somehow.

He likes to be the center of attention and likes drama so I bet he will keep going with his little fits.

Was he ever a member of DCS? My guess is he's either here reading these messages or someone told him about the e-mail that Jean sent out.

He has close friends still in PC as well as very well could be lurking around on any of these sites. My educated 'guess' is his friends forward the emails from Jean to him.

Wish to make it known, I am not a friend of his on FB nor in the real world. (His wall is open to anyone to read...makes ya think thats on purpose) I did have the opportunity to meet and speak with him at Conference 2009 as our team went to his trainings as well as he hosted a party in his hotel Suite. I found him to be very smug and full of himself but from different things I have heard, he's actually a good guy at heart. I just feel greed drives him. :) (if ya haven't already gotten that from my other posts. LOL)

Melissa78 said:
(one of the comments back to him) -
Well said Don. It's sad to me that people get so emotionally attached to a a company that was that they don't recognize that they are being used by that company. AND they believe the propaganda the company puts out without checking facts. It's so true what we say at Park Lane, "If it's too good to be true, it must be Park Lane!" So glad we're here! <---she's a Sales VP for PL per her FB page

And that person is someone who left PC a long time ago to go to TOHE. Obviously THAT didn't work out if she's now at PL.

Another case in point - the grass isn't always greener. :)

pamperedbecky said:
And that person is someone who left PC a long time ago to go to TOHE. Obviously THAT didn't work out if she's now at PL.

Could that be SL?

I believe DCS started after DF left the company but I could be wrong. I know he never posted on the CS sites.

Diane Stroud Hastings is who posted on his page and is also a Sales VP like he is.

Melissa78 said:
Diane Stroud Hastings is who posted on his page and is also a Sales VP like he is.
Diane originally went to TOHE. Interesting...And yes, Park Lane has been around a while. I remember my mom hosting a Park Lane party when I was a kid. So we're talking 30 years ago. :yuck:As for Joyce Salela, yes, DF was in her downline. She is an older woman and was winding down her PC business. She is now a Park Lane consultant (I found her website) but I don't know if she went the management route with them or not.

Diane Hastings was my Executive Director. You know, I read through the case that was posted and was kinda disturbed by the argument that the ripple effect was fabricated. However, that is on PC because they never reached out to us...those consultants under leaders that jumped ship. If the HO had, they would have the proof that when our Leaders leave the relationships are damaged and you are left questioning the company you chose. If only HO had reached out to us they would've had a stronger case against PL. smh

It was very hard when my Director and Executive jumped ship. Several other leaders that I knew at the time also left for this new "great" opportunity. I really felt in turmoil for quite awhile.

When we recruit we are offering the business opportunity. We are offering someone their own business. They choose to sign with us over someone else because they trust us. They believe we can lead them to their goals. They are forging a relationship with us and if we abandon our teams for a NEW opportunity is not merely a business decision. Not in this industry anyway. That's just my opinion!

So today for the first time *ever* i included a Your Life, Your Way DVD with some other info about the biz to a HO Lead. So I thought driving home, "You should really watch whatever you just sent." I come home and pop one in my laptop and just laughed...after all of the posts above and all that has transpired...there's Don on the DVD. LOL The pack of DVDs i have are from 2007 and I don't even know if they are updated since then...I would hope since Jillian Grant is still listed as Eisenberg. I just had to laugh and thought I would share...we talk about it and poof, there he is! I included a note to the lead that the DVD was only 3-4min long (thats what is on CC for playtime) and now i see its 8minutes and then are a ton of extras. I guess my first line on MOnday when we chat will be "see, you don't even have to be able to tell time???" :)
I guess with my Spring paperwork I should consider some new supplies... :)

You're funny girl! I haven't watched it in a while, but my upline Yolanda Easton was on the previous one. I'm assuming she's on the current one.

I think I have an updated version, but I'm not sure. I haven't watched it since Don Funt was on it. I suppose I should order some updated ones too. Or maybe wait until after spring launch to see if anything is being updated. I have to wait until the 4th to go to SL. :cry::cry:

Melissa, I laughed really hard when I read your post!I watched the updated one because I thought it would be "new" and it's basically exactly the same without Don in it. They just edited all of his parts out.

Is Jillian still Eisenberg on it? She is on the Cooking Shows link on CC that you can watch. Which BTW - here's another laugh for ya. I now find it funny, at the time I didn't. Jillian refers to her 'scrapbook' or 'photo album' that she uses at all of her shows. So I was listening to her recordings and knew this. She came over to talk to us in the Airport on the way home from NC last year. Wait, she came to talk to my upline...that was pretty clear by her answer. So while she was there, I asked her if she could tell me more about what she includes b/c I can't seem to find where she shows it on the DVD. She responded, "well if you watched the DVD then you would know because its there." And that was her (*ahem*, rude) answer. So I was beyond PO'd. So I went on home and thought by golly I am going to watch this one more time to prove it! So I did! NOPE not there! A few weeks later I get in a Quick Start box and see the DVD and thought...Hmmmmm. Pop that bad boy in the DVD player and low and behold, there it is! The darn recording on CC is 'edited' and I woudl say less than half of the clips are online vs the actual DVD. So WTH??? Why put it online in 'edited' form when you claim it to be Cooking Shows in Action." I'm SOOOOOO glad I did not send her a nasty gram or tell her what I really thought at the time b/c it would made it oh-so-worse. :) (I have a great habit of sticking my foot in my mouth...to the knee or higher!)

Lesson learned again! =)

And if she ever reads this post ...I say, "If you want to be rude, here's my caddiness back at ya! The next time you are blessed with being on the cover (front or back), PLEASE have your roots touched up. I cringed everytime someone flipped the book over at a party. After all, you did go to beauty school right? Thanks so much!" *grin*

As far as I remember, they ONLY took out anything regarding DF. The rest was exactly the same. There were 8 profiles (I think) and all are the same with DFs being dropped.

Melissa, you could hold your own at my full time job;) (CSR at a large insurance company that raised rates.)

Did anyone else just get a BIG WAHOO e-mail from Jean? It says, my SALES ARE ON FIRE this month!!!

I have 2 more shows to submit, and am an AD who is having a very crappy couple of months (I could have written a post in the thinking about quitting thread).

The reason I mention the e-mail? My current Jan. sales are $715...:sick:

Should be $1500 before month end... Think the company is now worried about all of us?

SallieM said:
Melissa, you could hold your own at my full time job;) (CSR at a large insurance company that raised rates.)

Did anyone else just get a BIG WAHOO e-mail from Jean? It says, my SALES ARE ON FIRE this month!!!

I have 2 more shows to submit, and am an AD who is having a very crappy couple of months (I could have written a post in the thinking about quitting thread).

The reason I mention the e-mail? My current Jan. sales are $715...:sick:

Should be $1500 before month end... Think the company is now worried about all of us?

Interesting about that email! Well, good for you just the same. :D I've only submitted $660 so far with another $800+ for sure going in from my show last night. My team is at a measly $1347 so I doubt the getting paid as a Director thing will happen this month!

My goal too is to hit at least $1500. Good luck to you!

I'm interested to hear who else got the WAHOO email. Not me, yet anyway.

I'm at $1900 for the month and sadly, no e-mail from Jean. sniff sniff.

I've submitted over $4k for the month so far and no email from Jean to me either.

SallieM said:
Melissa, you could hold your own at my full time job;) (CSR at a large insurance company that raised rates.)Did anyone else just get a BIG WAHOO e-mail from Jean? It says, my SALES ARE ON FIRE this month!!!I have 2 more shows to submit, and am an AD who is having a very crappy couple of months (I could have written a post in the thinking about quitting thread). The reason I mention the e-mail? My current Jan. sales are $715...:sick: Should be $1500 before month end... Think the company is now worried about all of us?
I got the e-mail last week. At that point I only had $900 in for the month. I should get over $4,000 in for the 3rd month in a row. I certainly don't think I'm on fire. I'm a TL now but may not even get paid as SC for this month. I could have contributed a lot to the throw it in thread. I think they're setting up some post-Launch conference calls to keep people going and set up action plans. The e-mail said it wants people to share what they're doing that's working. Not gonna happen. I'll see if I can even manage to call in. One thing I don't miss about not being a D right now is those stupid monthly calls. I would sit through them for an hour hoping there would be a tid bit, some insider info, and it was just pointless.

Just looked at the e-mail again. Feb. 8 at 7pm CT. Is that the same for others who have gotten it?

Those who have not gotten it should not feel less than worthy. It seems random.

I got the email. $2200 so far and the team is close the qualifying but not yet and 2 recruits. not what I'd call on fire...

I got the email and laughed as I had only submitted a small catalog show at the time...My upline has huge sales, got the email but no invite for a phone call.

I don't think this is the reason I got the e-mail, but I did earn the Coach purse for being in the top 20 sales for TLs in December. Ha ha ha, it "pays" to not be a D sometimes competing with the bigger sellers.

The bright side ... right Becca? :D

Becca_in_MD said:
I don't think this is the reason I got the e-mail, but I did earn the Coach purse for being in the top 20 sales for TLs in December. Ha ha ha, it "pays" to not be a D sometimes competing with the bigger sellers.

:happyforyou:
Great job!!! Congratulations!!:clap:

I still don't have the email, and I'm having my best month ever! :(

That makes no sense!! How weird. So, here's a WAHOO from me!!!

Wahoooooo!!!!! :happyforyou: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:

I'm having the worst month ever! Host #1 had a death & postponed. #2's not ready to close & #3 has done NOTHING with her Catalog Show yet!

I have a whopping $19.50 in sales this month! :eek:

62.5 hours to go, and I haven't given up hope yet! :p

But I'd be LMAO if I had received that e-mail from Jean!!! :veryfunny:

Sheila said:
The bright side ... right Becca? :D

You got that right! ;)

But I'd be LMAO if I had received that e-mail from Jean!!!

I'd be LMAO if you got that e-mail, too! We've got to get you revved up this year.

I have a host who cancelled 10 days ago and turned it into a catalog show. Still hasn't submitted though she says there are people who want to order. And she wonders why her jewelry biz isn't going anywhere?

Yes, I've not done a whole lot with my PC business for ten months now. I need to get on the ball and get back in the swing of bookings & recruits before I screw up & loose my AD status! Hubby & I have agreed that I'll be using some of the tax return money to get into some bridal events & see if I can't get this booking snowball rolling again! ;)

Sheila said:
I'm having the worst month ever! Host #1 had a death & postponed. #2's not ready to close & #3 has done NOTHING with her Catalog Show yet!

I have a whopping $19.50 in sales this month! :eek:

62.5 hours to go, and I haven't given up hope yet! :p

But I'd be LMAO if I had received that e-mail from Jean!!! :veryfunny:

I'm with you, Sheila! I am expecting an e-mail from Jean that says "WHAT happened????"

lol!

I wonder what the criteria was that they used to send out Jean's email? Seriously, I have more than doubled last January and before it's over I plan to triple it. I think I'll send Jean an email on Feb 1st and tell her my own big WAHOOOO!!! LOL...maybe I just will ;)

You go Linda!! I got the email too... I thought it strange and random. Very. I have submitted over 4k this month ( not really sure how I managed it) and still have enough to eek out another diamond. But it's not what I would call stellar or rockin by any stretch. Strange...

Bwahaha! You're funny Janice! Sorry you are in the same boat though!

No e-mail for me either :( I'm almost to 4,000. With outstanding shows I'll be about 500 short of 6,000. Guess it's time to work the phone.

<h2>1. What is the email that is causing concern among Pampered Chef Directors?</h2><p>The email in question is a communication from Jewels by Park Lane, a direct sales company that sells jewelry, to Pampered Chef Directors. It is causing concern because it appears to be encouraging PC Directors to leave their current company and join Jewels by Park Lane.</p><h2>2. Is Jewels by Park Lane actively trying to recruit Pampered Chef Directors?</h2><p>It is unclear if Jewels by Park Lane is actively trying to recruit Pampered Chef Directors. However, the email in question does seem to suggest that they are interested in having PC Directors join their company.</p><h2>3. Why would Jewels by Park Lane want Pampered Chef Directors to leave?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons why Jewels by Park Lane would want Pampered Chef Directors to leave their company. It could be for strategic business purposes, to gain new talent and experience, or to expand their reach into different markets.</p><h2>4. How is Pampered Chef responding to this situation?</h2><p>Pampered Chef has not officially responded to this situation. However, the email has caused quite a stir among the Pampered Chef community, with many Directors expressing their anger and disappointment at the possibility of being poached by another company.</p><h2>5. Is there any truth to the rumor that Jewels by Park Lane is offering higher incentives for Pampered Chef Directors to join them?</h2><p>There is no confirmed information about Jewels by Park Lane offering higher incentives for Pampered Chef Directors to join their company. At this time, it is just speculation. However, if this is true, it would certainly be a cause for concern among Pampered Chef Directors and the company as a whole.</p>

Related to Is Jewels by Park Lane Encouraging PC Directors to Leave?

1. What is the email that is causing concern among Pampered Chef Directors?

The email in question is a communication from Jewels by Park Lane, a direct sales company that sells jewelry, to Pampered Chef Directors. It is causing concern because it appears to be encouraging PC Directors to leave their current company and join Jewels by Park Lane.

2. Is Jewels by Park Lane actively trying to recruit Pampered Chef Directors?

It is unclear if Jewels by Park Lane is actively trying to recruit Pampered Chef Directors. However, the email in question does seem to suggest that they are interested in having PC Directors join their company.

3. Why would Jewels by Park Lane want Pampered Chef Directors to leave?

There could be a variety of reasons why Jewels by Park Lane would want Pampered Chef Directors to leave their company. It could be for strategic business purposes, to gain new talent and experience, or to expand their reach into different markets.

4. How is Pampered Chef responding to this situation?

Pampered Chef has not officially responded to this situation. However, the email has caused quite a stir among the Pampered Chef community, with many Directors expressing their anger and disappointment at the possibility of being poached by another company.

5. Is there any truth to the rumor that Jewels by Park Lane is offering higher incentives for Pampered Chef Directors to join them?

There is no confirmed information about Jewels by Park Lane offering higher incentives for Pampered Chef Directors to join their company. At this time, it is just speculation. However, if this is true, it would certainly be a cause for concern among Pampered Chef Directors and the company as a whole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
RitaKey
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
micocina