• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wanted: Recipes for a Pizza Ring????

In summary, Ann found a recipe for Pizza in the Round. The recipe calls for thin sliced onion, olive oil, pizza dough, provolone cheese, honey BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, and a scissors or knife to make cuts in the dough rectangle to within one-half inch of the filling. The dough is then layered with meat mixture, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt. The ring is then baked and topped with Parmesan cheese.
hoosierchef
Ok...so I was wanting to do something fun for dinner but that would help me practice the "ring" technique.....It's been awhile.

I have all the ingredients to do pizza with, so I was thinking I would do a Pizza Ring.......Any Tips? Recipes? Ideas??

I'm afraid that maybe it will end up too greasy for the cresent rolls. I was thinking of the Cheeseburger/Hamburger Ring from long ago when I though of this.....

Thanks for your help!

here is a yummy one I have madeHoney Hickory Barbeque Chicken Braid

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon Mild Olive Oil
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust dough (13.8 oz.)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 container Honey Hickory BBQ Sauce with Shredded Chicken (18 oz.)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese

Directions
Heat oven to 425°F. In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil five minutes or until soft. Remove from heat. Unroll dough. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Press dough to a 15x10-inch rectangle. Place provolone cheese slices down center of dough. Spoon chicken over cheese. Spoon onions over chicken. Place cheddar cheese slices over onions. With a scissors or knife, make cuts one inch apart on the long sides of the dough rectangle to within one-half inch of filling. Alternately cross strips diagonally over filling. Turn ends under and press to seal. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let stand five minutes before serving.

I think you could do it with the crescents. Here's the plan: make taco ring, but add spaghetti sauce to the meat instead of taco seasoning. You can then mix in other pizza toppings (mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, pepperoni, etc.) and some shredded mozzarella and fill the ring with that. If you're adding a lot of other toppings, reduce the meat so that you end up with the same amount (probably 1 1/2 cups).

I've thought about doing this for years, and just never did. Another variation that would be good is sloppy joe meat.

This was one of the first PC recipes I ever received (looooong before I even thought of selling it!) :)

Got this off of www.joycesfinecooking.com

Pizza in the Round

1 medium green bell pepper
1/2 C. onion, chopped
3/4 lb. lean ground beef
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
2 pkg. (235g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 T. grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375°F. Chop pepper to make 1/4 cup; cup onion.

Cook and stir ground beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium-high until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat; drain using colander.
Shred cheese. In a bowl, combine meat mixture, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of pizza sauce, Italian seasoning and salt.

To assemble ring, unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a round stone with wide ends of triangle overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5 inch diameter opening in center of Stone). Using a scoop, scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.)

Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Grate Parmesan cheese over top. Heat remaining pizza sauce and fill green pepper bottom; place in center of ring. Serve with pizza sauce. Yields 8 servings.

Per serving: 346 calories. 16g Protein; 20 g fat; 26g carbohydrate, 877 sodium

Sloppy Joe Ring Rocks!Ann,
Yes! Sloppy Joe Ring is da bomb! I make it a lot! I lay out the crescents, then make cheese triangles from American Cheese slices by cutting them in half diagonally. I lay the cheese on top of the open crescents. Then add sloppy joe meat. Continue the ring as usual.
It tastes great and with three little ones, it's a lot more "user friendly" than regular sloppy joes! :)

chefjenibel said:
This was one of the first PC recipes I ever received (looooong before I even thought of selling it!) :)

Got this off of www.joycesfinecooking.com

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you so much! I plan on using Italian Sausage instead of Hamburger though. THANK YOU!!!!

I found and made the Pizza in the Round.....Well, I made this for dinner last night. My boyfriend LOVED it! :p I told him it was a Pampered Chef recipe and he looked shocked. LOL

I found the recipe I was asking about in my very first Season's Best Recipe book I bought at the very first Pampered Chef show I went to! I had never even heard of PC before. That was back around 99 I do believe. LOL

If you're interested, let me know and I'll post the recipe on here later. (Can't right now....I'm at work.)

Dear Pizza Ring enthusiast,I completely understand your desire to try out a new recipe and practice your ring technique. I have just the perfect recipe for you that will satisfy your pizza cravings and be a fun dinner option for your family.Introducing the Pampered Chef's Pepperoni Pizza Ring! This recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. The best part is that it's not too greasy and the crescent rolls hold up perfectly.To make the Pepperoni Pizza Ring, you will need:- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of sliced pepperoni
- ¼ cup of sliced black olives
- ¼ cup of sliced green bell peppers
- ¼ cup of sliced red onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoningInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).2. Open the cans of crescent rolls and unroll them onto a baking sheet. Arrange the triangles of dough in a circle with the pointed ends facing outwards, overlapping them slightly.3. Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the crescent roll dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.4. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, followed by the pepperoni, black olives, bell peppers, and red onions.5. Fold the pointed ends of the crescent roll dough over the filling, tucking them under to create a ring shape.6. Brush the beaten egg over the top of the crescent roll dough and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crescent roll dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.8. Let the pizza ring cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your delicious and fun dinner!I hope this recipe helps you practice your ring technique and satisfies your pizza craving. Let me know how it turns out and if you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me. Happy cooking!Best regards,
[Your name]

1. What is a pizza ring?

A pizza ring is a delicious and visually appealing dish made with pizza dough, toppings, and cheese that is rolled into a ring shape and baked. It is perfect for sharing and can be customized with your favorite pizza toppings.

2. How do I make a pizza ring?

To make a pizza ring, you will need to roll out your pizza dough into a circle. Then, place your desired toppings in the center of the dough, leaving a border around the edge. Next, carefully fold the edges of the dough over the toppings and seal them together. Finally, bake the pizza ring in the oven until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.

3. Can I use pre-made pizza dough for a pizza ring?

Yes, you can use pre-made pizza dough for a pizza ring. This will save you time and make the recipe even easier to prepare. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for rolling out and baking the dough.

4. What are some popular toppings for a pizza ring?

Some popular toppings for a pizza ring include pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and olives. You can also get creative and use your favorite pizza toppings to customize your pizza ring.

5. Can I make a pizza ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a pizza ring ahead of time. After assembling the pizza ring, you can cover it and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. This is a great option for busy weeknights or for entertaining guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
pcleah
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies