• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Pamper Your Business and Get a Free Dessert? Try This New Approach!

I did this for businesses in the area that are in the food/beverage industry and the one I did was at a salonI did this for businesses in the food/beverage industry and the one I did was at a salon.Thank you so much for your help, this is a great idea!I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
I agree.. this is a great idea. June has completely feel apart for me, so I am thinking about doing this to try to drum up some sales. Anything has to work at this point. I just need some confidence and selling strageties to make people say yes.. here lately I dont seem like I have it.

So glad somebody bumped this thread! I need another $250 to make the first big SAT level in my career! I tweaked the letter and will be taking it with me when I go to do some shopping today or tomorrow. (Probably tomorrow .. there are more grown-ups working on a weekday!)

This is a great idea! I will be writing up my letters tonight and mailing them tomorrow or personally delivering them.Thank you so much for the idea. Oh and Nancy I LOVE your folder!!!

I did this last year, thanks to someone on this site, and from that one business that took me up on it.

I have had well over 5 shows or more shows that all started from this. Just did one this weekend from a host I met thru a guest at a show where the host I met at the business I pampered. Try it you never know what can happen. I'm planning to do it again next week! Good luck everyone.

If you mail the letters then follow up with them, who do you address it to. Manager? Owner?
What types of businesses have you found the most success with?

I love your folder idea. I would like to use this idea if you don't mind. I was just curious as to what the little labels are that you put throughout your folders. I could not read them in the pictures.

Thanks for the great idea....

Tammie Nash
Senior-Consultant

What recipe do you bring to the business? I'm looking for something that looks impressive but dosent cost alot or take alot of time to make.

I love this idea!
Thank you so much, this is a great way to get your name out and generate new business!

I am new to P/C just about to get started. Think this is a wonderful idea, but how do you collect payment?

I collect payment at the time the order is placed, most have been checks/credit cards when I pamper a salon. The last one the owner asked if I could come back on a sat. and so I did with a recipe and I got 2 orders in 3 hrs, and 3 new customers that I have to follow up with! Good luck to you.

ChefAndiHV said:
I love your folder idea. I would like to use this idea if you don't mind. I was just curious as to what the little labels are that you put throughout your folders. I could not read them in the pictures.
Post #242 has the label information listed for you. :D

Nancy thank you for the folder & links to pages & stickers that you use. It's really helpful. I got my first PAB today! I'm excited. What do you write on the back of your business card for the referral bonus?

Nicki this is awesome your so creative and thanks for sharing !!

What dessert is everyone bringing when going back to the business?

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies are always a hit. (Personally, I don't really care for them so they are good for my waistline.)​

So..do most people have success with this? I think I should try this. I need to do something to up my business. I was thinking that a Realtor's office might be a good one. Maybe they can get stuff for clients. What kind of businesses to most of you do that you have had success with.

great idea!

I'm a brand new (less than 30 days) consultant and I recently set out to pamper some businesses. Since I'm new to the area (my husband is military) I don't know anyone. So what I did was put some inexpensive cookies in my big black pampered chef back along with packets and hit the pavement. In my packets I had catalogs, order form instructions, host specials, guest specials, and a letter explaining how pampering a business works.
I told them they could have a treat now and then when I come back I'll drop off another treat, and that there is no obligation to buy. That I'm new to the area and I'm trying to get my name out there. I started with small business like boutiques and salons. I went in when they weren't busy so I had a chance to talk to them and go over some of my favorite items (which I put star stickers next to) in the catalog.
Most were receptive to my approach and I go back in a few days to pick up orders. Personally I feel that people are more receptive if you go in and speak with them face to face. And small business owners are more understanding because they understand what its like to try to get started. No offense to anyone who is going to do letters, everyone can't walk into a business and start talking, but that seems impersonal and more like solicitation that speaking with them face to face.
I wish everyone here luck and I'll let you know how I do.

So I went back to my business yesterday. Of course there were some duds. But I got two bookings out of it before this month is over which is before my 30 days. So I wouldn't call if a failure. At the end of the day its a numbers game.

Good Luck everybody!

hunkiemunkie said:
So I went back to my business yesterday. Of course there were some duds. But I got two bookings out of it before this month is over which is before my 30 days. So I wouldn't call if a failure. At the end of the day its a numbers game.

Good Luck everybody!

That is an AWESOME start! 2 bookings for this month is definitely NOT a failure! You have jump-started your business in a new location - and those two shows will only lead to more! GREAT job!

Geekgirl69 said:
I use this label (that I got here of course):
The date on this catalog may be old,
But look inside and you'll be sold…
Many great products you will see
Call me to learn how to get them FREE!
If extra income is what you need,
I can help you to succeed.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for the label idea. I am saving this to my word document now.

I have a question for people who have completed these types of shows. I read ALL 14 pages of this thread today! I noticed some people have GREAT success ($600+ and $800+) shows, and some not so much... I also noticed some tell the business to offer this to their clients/guests too, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable having the business solicit for me... I would rather just pamper the workers of that office/spa/salon, etc.

What are the best tips from these PAB? I know follow-up is a must! (that's going to be hard for me!). Anything else?

Coming back to the post, I wanted to let even know that I have sent out 10 letters and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping for some positive results. Keep me in your thoughts, please.

Boo, no one answered my questions! I sent out 12 letters too, what are the odds usually? If I sent out 12, I should get maybe 2-3 bookings? Any other insights?

KaiKendall said:
I have a question for people who have completed these types of shows. I read ALL 14 pages of this thread today! I noticed some people have GREAT success ($600+ and $800+) shows, and some not so much... I also noticed some tell the business to offer this to their clients/guests too, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable having the business solicit for me... I would rather just pamper the workers of that office/spa/salon, etc.

What are the best tips from these PAB? I know follow-up is a must! (that's going to be hard for me!). Anything else?

KaiKendall said:
Boo, no one answered my questions! I sent out 12 letters too, what are the odds usually? If I sent out 12, I should get maybe 2-3 bookings? Any other insights?

Sorry no one responded directly to your post. :( Sometimes people miss seeing all the questions in threads.

I've never done a Pamper a Business, so I don't have any experiences to share with you. I haven't read all through this thread today, so I can't remember exactly all that has been shared. But I'll give you my 2 cents (not worth much, though). ;)

I don't know what the odds are. It isn't a widely done practice, and as with everything, there's no guarantee of anything. Follow up is a must. When they opened your letter, they might have just thrown it away. Or if the staffer who opened it likes PC, they might have held on to it. You'll have to follow up with them and just see what happens.

Some businesses just throw soliciting mail in the trash. But, they might still be interested if you call them or go in person and introduce the idea to them.

They might just want to eat the dessert and look through catalogs and just hand them back and thank you for the treat. Or, maybe you'll get a couple orders. Or they might let you come at their lunch time and do a small demo. Or you approach the staff with mini catalogs to pique their interest and invite them to gather orders (giving them full cattys) and you can bring a treat in at the end. There's several ways that people have done this.

There are lots of other threads about this topic, though. Did you happen to search through any of them? I know others have posted their results and how things went (what wording they used, how they approached it, etc.) I hope things work out for you. Please share with us what ends up happening with your efforts. Good luck! :)

babywings76 said:
Sorry no one responded directly to your post. :( Sometimes people miss seeing all the questions in threads.

There are lots of other threads about this topic, though. Did you happen to search through any of them? I know others have posted their results and how things went (what wording they used, how they approached it, etc.) I hope things work out for you. Please share with us what ends up happening with your efforts. Good luck! :)

I haven't checked any of the other threads! I will do that, thanks for responding. I plan followups on Wednes/Thurs. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to come onboard with an update since my last post on the 20th. I sent 10 letters out 1 week ago. No responses from either email or phone call. So I decided to go out today and make some personal follow ups. I did 3 this afternoon, and all mentioned having recieved my letter. One the manager was not in, but I will call back in the morning. The other one was not interested and the third was a yes. I will follow up with the others on Monday.

My review and recommendation is this: it works and you have to follow up.

Dont be shy. Remember when you go fishing you may have to cast your line a hundred times before you catch a fish, but when you do catch it, you are always excited about it.

I am not signed up as a pc consultant yet. I will next week when I get paid. I appreciate all the responses to this thread! It took me a couple of days to read through it all. I have my letter ready to print and will do the folder idea that a previous poster mentioned. I have a couple of shopping centers near me that I can go to with dental offices, hair salons, ect. I am so excited to get this going!

I take a catalog apart and cut each page in 2 so there are single pages (front and back). Then each page goes in a sheet protector and then the catalog goes in a notebook. The cover of the catalog goes in the sleeve on the cover of the notebook.

Inside, there are order forms, and the monthly specials and a big sheet with my info on it.

I leave the Catalog Notebooks at local hair salons and get alot of calls. That way the catalog doesn't leave with the customer looking at it and I keep getting orders.

Just another option.

Would it be beneficial, you suppose, to Pamper a Radio Station? I know in my small hometown, businesses continually supply breakfasts and such to the DJ's, and in turn the DJ's rave about it on the air.... :chef:

rompydompy said:
Would it be beneficial, you suppose, to Pamper a Radio Station? I know in my small hometown, businesses continually supply breakfasts and such to the DJ's, and in turn the DJ's rave about it on the air.... :chef:

That can be tricky depending upon the radio station. My best friend is the #1 rated DJ in our area on the Number 1 rated station in our area. And even though many local businesses bring them in free things weekly they can't talk about it on air unless that company ALSO pays an on air fee.... b/c if they are talking about a business that brought them something for free and are essentially giving them free advertising then NO ONE will want to PAY for the advertising if they just have to give them something for free.

My best friend drives a brand new Honda CRV. She doesn't pay for it- the dealership pays her monthly payment (Along with the 2 morningshow DJ's...) they have to rave about the dealership and the service and the vehicles...all 3 dj's...at least 5 times a week- at least a 30 second spot each time. And the dealership also has to pay for that advertising too.

You may want to see what the rules your radio station has for that sort of on-air advertising. Unless you just want to get the orders from the radio station without the advertising.

great idea!!! :) how many catalogs do you typically send to each business?

I found this a few weeks ago and my first two attempts were not very successful. Then I tried it with the local bank (town of 1,300) and had a $600+ show. Not bad for about an hour and the cost of a Stocking Cake & Peppermint Bark. I gave all the employees a catalog and the flyer 8 days before and the reminder the day before. I set up a small display and the refreshments in their break room right at closing. They were all thrilled!

Attachments

• Pamper Your Business Shattuck Bank.doc
    30 KB · Views: 631
  • Reminder for Shattuck Bank PYB.doc
    28 KB · Views: 411
When you enter the show into P3, how do you put payments/items in with the host discounts spread out between multiple people?

Ok so I am thinking this would be a great way to get my name back out there since I just resigned. . . I really never did a PYB before so . . . I am going to give it a try.
My question though I know someone said they use the "host rewards" to order stuff for themsleves to use for prizes and giveaways. . . and some divide the rewards. . . and some "draw" thier host. . . so which works best? I am really excited to try this we have a lot of hair and nail salons in our area. Also those that are sending the letter, do you only amil the letter or do you add a mini catty in the mailing?

I actually tried my first PYB this week! Both of my DS had dentist appointments on Monday, so I took a catalog and some order forms, along with a sheet of my open dates for Nov and Dec for bookings. I am going to pick it up on Tuesday and take a treat - I can't wait to see if I get any results!

Pampered Angel said:
I actually tried my first PYB this week! Both of my DS had dentist appointments on Monday, so I took a catalog and some order forms, along with a sheet of my open dates for Nov and Dec for bookings. I am going to pick it up on Tuesday and take a treat - I can't wait to see if I get any results!

OOOOOooooo Keep us posted. . . . :D

Bumping. . . . has anyone been doing this recently. . . whats working and whats not. . . . Are you sending a Mini catalog with you letter?

What do u do if the show is not at least 150.00

Thats what I want to know. . . what happens when you only get one maybe 2 orders

Enter them as individual orders or tack them on to another show that you have open.

Thanks Sheila,
Have you done any of these? Should I include the Mini Catalog in the letter I am mailing?

I did a PYB show at my bank this past spring. The gal at the bank that made the arrangements was the host. We set a date for 'lunch' and on that day the DBC with fajita chicken breasts in it was dropped off, fully cooked and hot (I live a mile from the bank). I included tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream. For serving I included the utility knife, small cutting board and misc other tools that could be used for the dish. Of course catalogs and order forms were left as well. The DBC and tools were picked up later that afternoon. 3 or 4 days later we closed the show at $412.

We have another PYB scheduled with the same bank this upcoming week. Can't wait!

<h2>1. What is the "Pamper Your Business" approach? </h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach is a unique way to promote and showcase Pampered Chef products in a business setting. It involves partnering with local businesses to set up a catalog show, where the business displays the Pampered Chef catalog for a designated period of time. On the final day, the consultant brings in a free dessert for the business to enjoy while picking up orders.</p><h2>2. How does the "Pamper Your Business" approach benefit both the consultant and the business?</h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach benefits both the consultant and the business. The consultant gets the opportunity to showcase their products and potentially gain new customers, while the business gets to offer their employees or customers a free dessert and support a local consultant.</p><h2>3. How do you promote the "Pamper Your Business" approach?</h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach can be promoted by sending out letters to local businesses, offering them the opportunity to host a catalog show. The consultant can also display this as a service offered at parties and events, and share it on social media platforms.</p><h2>4. What options are available for businesses interested in hosting a catalog show?</h2><p>Businesses have the option to choose from 7, 10, or 14 days to host the catalog show. The consultant will then bring in a free dessert on the final day to pick up orders and thank the business for their participation.</p><h2>5. How successful has the "Pamper Your Business" approach been for the consultant?</h2><p>The success of the "Pamper Your Business" approach may vary, but the feedback has been positive so far. The consultant has had two shows and has another one scheduled, which shows that businesses are interested in participating in this unique approach to promoting Pampered Chef products.</p>

1. What is the "Pamper Your Business" approach?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach is a unique way to promote and showcase Pampered Chef products in a business setting. It involves partnering with local businesses to set up a catalog show, where the business displays the Pampered Chef catalog for a designated period of time. On the final day, the consultant brings in a free dessert for the business to enjoy while picking up orders.

2. How does the "Pamper Your Business" approach benefit both the consultant and the business?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach benefits both the consultant and the business. The consultant gets the opportunity to showcase their products and potentially gain new customers, while the business gets to offer their employees or customers a free dessert and support a local consultant.

3. How do you promote the "Pamper Your Business" approach?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach can be promoted by sending out letters to local businesses, offering them the opportunity to host a catalog show. The consultant can also display this as a service offered at parties and events, and share it on social media platforms.

4. What options are available for businesses interested in hosting a catalog show?

Businesses have the option to choose from 7, 10, or 14 days to host the catalog show. The consultant will then bring in a free dessert on the final day to pick up orders and thank the business for their participation.

5. How successful has the "Pamper Your Business" approach been for the consultant?

The success of the "Pamper Your Business" approach may vary, but the feedback has been positive so far. The consultant has had two shows and has another one scheduled, which shows that businesses are interested in participating in this unique approach to promoting Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Xpalidocious
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies