• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Pamper Your Business and Get a Free Dessert? Try This New Approach!

I did this for businesses in the area that are in the food/beverage industry and the one I did was at a salonI did this for businesses in the food/beverage industry and the one I did was at a salon.Thank you so much for your help, this is a great idea!I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
Has anyone offered provide a free lunch/dinner in return for collecting orders? Most of these places should have microwaves. You could do a quick demonstration (deep covered baker) in the microwave. I would think this would inspire the staff to start off their show to a good start. Perhaps, instead of doing it at the beginning, have the demonstration halfway through.

Has anyone tried this? Or have thoughts on it? Am I making an incorrect assumption, that places should have microwaves?

Thanks!

Avelissar

avelissar said:
Has anyone offered provide a free lunch/dinner in return for collecting orders? Most of these places should have microwaves. You could do a quick demonstration (deep covered baker) in the microwave. I would think this would inspire the staff to start off their show to a good start. Perhaps, instead of doing it at the beginning, have the demonstration halfway through.

Has anyone tried this? Or have thoughts on it? Am I making an incorrect assumption, that places should have microwaves?

Thanks!

Avelissar

I called several businesses and the whole thing was a HUGE bust. No one was interested- everyone thought I was a sales person and most hung up on me before I even finished what I was saying.
Maybe if I visited in person- it would have been better- but I have my two babies with me during work hours- so it is almost impossible that way.

Today, I decided to revisit this again, and get over my nervousness about approaching the businesses. I had approached a couple businesses at the beginning of the thread. 1 was not interested, the other had one employee book a show, which turned into a catty show, which then the host went MIA.

Today, I visited 3 salons. One of them already has a consultant, and I left hostess kits at the other two.:thumbup: Out of those two, I am not sure about 1 of them. The person was a little busy, and asked me to leave the kit on the counter. (She had also not familiar with PC). I will go back next week to check the progress!!

I just stumbled onto the Pampering Businesses thread and I'm excited to try it my area in East TN. I have a question about the host benefits - who gets the free and half-price items? Who chooses the half-price items? Sorry if I'm sounding technical, I just don't want to mess up a good thing.

I'm pretty much re-starting my business after a disheartening year of low orders, and giving Mystery Host Shows to stay active b/c I wasn't getting any bookings. I've got a few new contacts now, and I'm learning all I can to keep going. I really love PC products and I think the company is the greatest.

Anita

What a wonderful idea.

Out of curiosity, who has tried a different type of business other than salons, I will do that, but am looking for other avenues. Which of these would work? Insurance agencies, doctor's offices, nursing homes, flower shops, gyms? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My insurance person called to leave me a message and when I called back she asked ME about PC...clearly I haven't talked myself up enough :)

Thank you for reviving this thread - It takes everything I have just to get through the NEW posts much less the old ones. THe DH complains about how late I stay on reading these posts...

I have been also been trying to think of a way to get my name out there and this is PERFECT! I am comfortable doing this and am doing it TODAY! I am so excited!

I took Scott's version - changed the pictures for the current season, just a few format/wording changes and added a footer that I have on my business cards. I hope it helps someone...

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Attachments

• Pamper Your Business for CS.doc
    926.5 KB · Views: 850
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll start it in January as I'm going to lay low now (actually after one more show this weekend) till after the holidays -- need to spend some quality time with my family.

I've been reading through all of this thread, which is awesome!! I just need to try something different to get my business going... and need to bite the bullet and step out of my comfort zone.
So... perhaps putting my intentions down on paper (or on computer!) will help!
Tomorrow morning I plan on stopping by a dentist's office close by our home (next door to the Starbucks where I work part-time), and dropping off a letter and hopefully some catalogs. Thankfully I know the receptionist there already, so I feel like I have an 'in'.I LOVE this forum, but my biggest problem is that I just keep reading about all these great ideas, but not getting out there and doing them!!

For those who have Pampred Business. So you have a certain size of business you look at??

For me I started with the hair salon where I got my hair cut and they said that I could come by anytime with catalogs and goodies so I did last summer and then this summer, this summer sales were better, b/c word got around that I was coming 1or2 days before I came I stopped by and asked them what is a good day and so that's what I did. On the day I came back to pick up 1 ladies order there were 2 orders from other customers that heard other people talking about PC! I felt a little lucky! So the other Salon I knew a lady that worked there, well I was worried when I went there b/c she said that Sue did not work there anymore and they loved the goodies gave me a big order and asked for me to come back Aug 1 all morning for all their customers !

Once again I feel lucky, but if I did not get out and do it that day, I would not of ended up with a $400 show!

I want to try my bank but each time I asked I get unhappy looks so I think I will leave it alone for now, I would love to try a office near by...

OK... I just HAD to share this right away!
I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and found out that it isn't that bad after all!!! :)
I went to the dentist's office next door to my work, and asked if I could treat them to a dessert next week (I said I was trying out some new recipes with TPC, and since it's just my husband and myself at home, I wanted some people to help me eat them!). I actually didn't pull out the catalogs right away, but the receptionist mentioned that she had had a PC bridal shower for her daughter, but hadn't purchased any PC stuff for herself, and wishes she could have some of the great products! So then I pulled out the catalog package, and explained the process (collecting orders, guest specials, drawing for host benefits if it qualifies for a show, etc).
I also asked if they would prefer a fruity or a chocolaty dessert... and chocolate won hands down! Others have mentioned the warm nutty caramel brownies, so I think I'll go with those.
The receptionist and another girl that was there were really excited with this idea, which was SO encouraging for me! So next Tuesday morning I'll be there... I'll post on how it went next week!
Thanks everyone for the inspiring posts!

Ladies you just got me inspired to do thisI i tried it a few months back, just dropping the letter but i just couldn't do it, i had my girl with me and a stroller and it just did not work but now.... I think mailing them and calling back sound great and I can do this!!! I will start tomorrow, mailing a couple and I'll soon get back to you ladies on how this will go, I want my August to go great even 2 shows out of this will be the best =-D wish me luck =-D

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

So I have a question. I manage a small chain of local salons. Of course several of my employees are doing parties through me. I'd like to try "Pampering a Business", and salons are a great choice. Would it be odd for me to go offer this service to other local salons? Some know where I'm from and some don't. What do you all think?

What great information! I read through almost this entire thread last night. I went down to my local scrapbook store to pick up some stickers to put on the letters along with letters I'm mailing to family out of town. The girl checking me out asked about all the food stickers - I told her I was going to try out Pampering a Business and that I was new to TPC and she asked for my card and hoped I was coming back to their store. I'm going to personally drop off the letters to a few places (I have 3 in mind) what do you leave them as a host packet if they say yes? I'm new and have not had a show yet but I would think I would leave them a a simple packet - the less the better and easier to follow? Thanks!!

PamperedSD, leave a host flyer - available on Supply Order. This is a 2-sided page with all the current info on show themes, sales amounts and this season's half-priced bundled sets.

-Host Flyer
-Current Host Specials
-Your Contact Info

Thank you! What about order forms - should I leave oof or the three part ones? I'm going to drop them off at an office this morning.

I am totally excited about reading this thread. This week I had decided that I was going to Pamper Businesses, but I'm not comfortable walking into a business. The letter is perfect.

I glanced through most of the thread, but I have a question that I'm not sure if I missed the answer or not. Do you follow-up with a phone call after a couple days?

I'm going to plug my info in and start printing. While they're printing, come up with a list of at least 10 businesses.

Nikki :D

This idea is fantastic. I am inspired to use a version of the letter with my local office area and see what happens. I'll keep you posted...

I just mailed 11 letters out today. I have to adjust the letter slightly for my next group of letters that I"ll be sending out. The next batch are going to a couple apartment complexes and Realtor's offices, offering a slightly different service.Nikki :D

Great idea Nicki! Thanks for sharing it!

I havn't lived here for very long and don't know too many folks. This sounds like a wonderful ice breaker. Everything to gain and nothing much to lose.

louiseskitchen said:
What a great idea!! Thank you so much for sharing. I've been thinking of a different way to get my name out there and I think this just may be it!! Thanks again.

The key to this strategy of "Pampering A Business" is ME. I don't have success with emails I send out or letters/minis I mail out. It's a waste of my money unless I force myself to follow through. I'm going to use the strategy we used at election time to help get our candidates elected. Face time. When people see the person behind the name, you make a connection with them. I am personally going to walk our main street and target 3 businesses a day. I'm starting Monday!

For those of you who have pampered several businesses, do you get better results by mailing the letter and then calling, or just going by the business with the catalogs, etc? This is a great idea and exactly what I need for August!

Thanks!
Suzy in Texas

Okay, we're finally in "just" the 90s this week. I can walk the main street in my town to visit the salons. I'm going to four salons tomorrow to offer my Pampering service. We'll see how it goes.

nikki~mouse said:
I just mailed 11 letters out today. I have to adjust the letter slightly for my next group of letters that I"ll be sending out. The next batch are going to a couple apartment complexes and Realtor's offices, offering a slightly different service.

Nikki :D

i am interested in your different service you are providing them. i was thinking about mailing a letter to our real estate agents office in town but now am interested in what you are doign different for them???

Awesome!! Thank you.

So - I've almost finished three business pamperings...
#1 - Dentist's office next door to the Starbucks where I work - dropped off catalogs, went back one week later with Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. It took until the next day to finish off their order, but I did end up with $180 (Cnd - so not quite a show) in sales. Awesome from a small office! I added this to a current catalog show where the host was having trouble getting orders - she was thrilled!
#2 - A bank getting ready for their grand opening. I thought they might appreciate some brownies in getting ready for their big day! I had talked to a couple staff the day before to ask whether I could bring them brownies, so came in on Friday with food and catalogs. Here the people were not so familiar with PC, so one person I talked to suggested I leave everything there until this week Mon/Tues to give them more time to look through the catalogs. I'll go there tomorrow (I'm missing having my large bar pan!)
#3 - Hair salon. I talked to the owner today, left catalogs, and will bring in brownies on Wed.From #1 business, I probably have a future host as well...This is really a fun thing to do! I'm trying to do a couple this week to get in some more sales before the end of August, but

(oops - accidentally posted before I was done!)...but I hope to continue to do one business per week in September. Everyone so far has been really positive.I always ask about catalogs after I've offered to bring snacks ("would it be ok if I left some catalogs for people to look at??") This makes me feel better, and no one's refused them yet.So to all the rest of you doing this - keep going! It's great!Lorraine

thanks for the letter sending them out today!!!! I think I will drop the letters off to the businesses with a catalog.......

Update...
I just picked up my stuff from the bank, and have to say I was a bit dissapointed - 0 orders! I did make a couple good contacts though, so for future business, it wasn't a waste. But I was hoping to get at least some sales through it, so that's a bit of a downer.
Lessons learned - I was probably too soft on the sales end of it (should have made it a bit clearer that I would pick up orders when I came to get my pan). Also, it really helps to have a strong connection with one person who's excited about PC and will spread the enthusiasm about placing an order to the others (I didn't have that person here!)
And perhaps this just wasn't good timing for the bank, as they were busy with their grand opening. (Although they really enjoyed the brownies on their busy day of getting ready, so hopefully they'll remember me from that!)Oh well, win some, lose some!Lorraine

Great Idea!

Thanks! I'm gonna print these out tomorrow and hope i get some sales!!!

THANKS!

Did you mail the letters, or deliver in person? Also, did you send a catalog with the letter, or just your web address for them to view the catalog online?

I know this thread is a little old, but I am going to use the ideas posted here. I created a new PAB folder that I will take to the businesses once they respond. Here are some pictures of the folder I created. I used a 3-prong fold with plastic sheet protectors to hold the documents. Using them, I can change the host and guest specials each month.

Attachments

• PAB packet5.jpg
    PAB packet5.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 626
  • PAB packet4.jpg
    PAB packet4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 631
  • PAB packet3.jpg
    PAB packet3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 682
  • PAB packet2.jpg
    PAB packet2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 700
  • PAB packet1.jpg
    PAB packet1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 841
Nancy, your folder looks awesome. What is the "never pay full price" flyer? Is it something you found on here?

i am also interested in the flyers you have in this folder.... could you please post.

The letter is the one from this thread, just adjusted a little. I found the host never pay full price flyer here as well. The customer information sheet is what I am using to get the contact information for people who are not purchasing. I will draw a winner from the names on the sheet and give them a Seasons Best cookbook, or something from my stash. I created a label to go on the front of the folder, and I am printing them on the labels I bought that are used for the mini catalog invitations.

Attachments

• Pamper A Business letter 042810.doc
    117.5 KB · Views: 833
  • Never Pay Full Price host flyer 050609.doc
    250.5 KB · Views: 782
  • Customer information sheet.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 677
  • PAB label for folder.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 633
Thank you Nancy!!!!

I love these flyers, what is your dollar days flyer? Also you have stickers throughout your PAB folder, and I see they are highlighted but cant make out what they say. I am just curious as this is such a cute idea.

and btw- I forgot to say Thank you so much

Oops, I forgot the Dollar Days flyer. I got that from here as well. Just modified to meet my needs.

I created labels and stuck them on the page protectors and the folder flaps. The first label on the front next to my business card reads "Take a Business Card! Use the referral bonus on the back!" The label on the customer information sheet page reads "Remove the sign up sheet and write your name".

For the May guest specials, I put the label on the flyer and it reads "Anyone can order the guests specials!! As many as you want" I'll change it for next month so it applies to the special. The label on the host flyer reads "You can order the host special when you gather $200 in orders". The next months host special has a label that reads "Host a show next month and you can order one of these at 60% off!!!"

For the June guest special flyer I typed a label that reads "Your guests can get one of these for FREE next month!!" And on the back folder flap there is a label that reads "Sign up for the possibility to win a door prize!"

I tried to keep the folder generic so all I have to do is change the pages inside the page protectors as needed. I am going to send the letter mentioned in this thread to businesses and will give them this packet when they agree to gather orders.

Attachments

• Dollar Days flyer 062309.doc
    148.5 KB · Views: 780
Nancy, thank you so very much, it's all great

ivy5683 said:
3. Eat! On the final date of your show I will come in to pick up your orders and bring a delicious desert for you, your co-workers and your guests to enjoy!

Nice letter, Nicki. But if I may> I live in the Southern California desert where it reaches 128 degrees during the summer. I don't believe you want to bring a desert for workers and guests. Perhaps they might appreciate a dessert?

WOW! That's awesome Nikki! I'm definitely going to try this.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Love this!! I'm new to the area and the business, and live on a quiet commercial street. This will be perfect! Thanks for sharing!

AlowayFamily said:
Oops, I forgot the Dollar Days flyer. I got that from here as well. Just modified to meet my needs.

I created labels and stuck them on the page protectors and the folder flaps. The first label on the front next to my business card reads "Take a Business Card! Use the referral bonus on the back!" The label on the customer information sheet page reads "Remove the sign up sheet and write your name".

For the May guest specials, I put the label on the flyer and it reads "Anyone can order the guests specials!! As many as you want" I'll change it for next month so it applies to the special. The label on the host flyer reads "You can order the host special when you gather $200 in orders". The next months host special has a label that reads "Host a show next month and you can order one of these at 60% off!!!"
They can get the host special with just $150 in sales. The $200 is what they need to start earning the Free Product Value.

Love the idea. Thanks!!

Thank you i'm so excited to try that!!!!!

This is such a great idea! I have been wanting to do this but not quite sure how to go about it....I am so going to use this letter!

<h2>1. What is the "Pamper Your Business" approach? </h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach is a unique way to promote and showcase Pampered Chef products in a business setting. It involves partnering with local businesses to set up a catalog show, where the business displays the Pampered Chef catalog for a designated period of time. On the final day, the consultant brings in a free dessert for the business to enjoy while picking up orders.</p><h2>2. How does the "Pamper Your Business" approach benefit both the consultant and the business?</h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach benefits both the consultant and the business. The consultant gets the opportunity to showcase their products and potentially gain new customers, while the business gets to offer their employees or customers a free dessert and support a local consultant.</p><h2>3. How do you promote the "Pamper Your Business" approach?</h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach can be promoted by sending out letters to local businesses, offering them the opportunity to host a catalog show. The consultant can also display this as a service offered at parties and events, and share it on social media platforms.</p><h2>4. What options are available for businesses interested in hosting a catalog show?</h2><p>Businesses have the option to choose from 7, 10, or 14 days to host the catalog show. The consultant will then bring in a free dessert on the final day to pick up orders and thank the business for their participation.</p><h2>5. How successful has the "Pamper Your Business" approach been for the consultant?</h2><p>The success of the "Pamper Your Business" approach may vary, but the feedback has been positive so far. The consultant has had two shows and has another one scheduled, which shows that businesses are interested in participating in this unique approach to promoting Pampered Chef products.</p>

1. What is the "Pamper Your Business" approach?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach is a unique way to promote and showcase Pampered Chef products in a business setting. It involves partnering with local businesses to set up a catalog show, where the business displays the Pampered Chef catalog for a designated period of time. On the final day, the consultant brings in a free dessert for the business to enjoy while picking up orders.

2. How does the "Pamper Your Business" approach benefit both the consultant and the business?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach benefits both the consultant and the business. The consultant gets the opportunity to showcase their products and potentially gain new customers, while the business gets to offer their employees or customers a free dessert and support a local consultant.

3. How do you promote the "Pamper Your Business" approach?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach can be promoted by sending out letters to local businesses, offering them the opportunity to host a catalog show. The consultant can also display this as a service offered at parties and events, and share it on social media platforms.

4. What options are available for businesses interested in hosting a catalog show?

Businesses have the option to choose from 7, 10, or 14 days to host the catalog show. The consultant will then bring in a free dessert on the final day to pick up orders and thank the business for their participation.

5. How successful has the "Pamper Your Business" approach been for the consultant?

The success of the "Pamper Your Business" approach may vary, but the feedback has been positive so far. The consultant has had two shows and has another one scheduled, which shows that businesses are interested in participating in this unique approach to promoting Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Xpalidocious
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies