• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Ways to Approach Potential Customers for Your New Business

A
Andrea1627
I'm just starting my new business and wondered how you approach people to either buy or book a party?

I don't just want to say, hi this is Andrea, I do Pampered Chef...would you like to look at a catalog or book a show? What is a way to say this without getting the no word?

I carry my catalog tote with me and when people comment or ask me what I do, I tell them I'm a PC consultant. Then ask them whether they've heard of PC. Most people have, but if they haven't tell them you do cooking shows and demo cooking tools. If that sparks interest, ask them about taking a catalog (or mini catalog or business card) and if they'd like to host a cooking show or do a catalog show. If not, maybe ask for an order depending on the response. If they ask any questions about being a consultant or show any interest in your "job", get their phone number and call them when it's convenient if it's not a good time to talk to them further. I met an Avon lady at the gas station and she ended up hosting a show and may possibly become a consultant. You never know! Some you'll get a flat "no" from, but keep asking and you'll get some "yes's" after awhile. The key is to ask, ask, ask and hand out business cards freely (leave with your tip at a restaurant). It's a great practice to ask people you do business with to do business with you and you can tell them "I'm just getting started in my business so I'm asking anybody I do business with to help me". I guess, in short I'm saying the best conversation opener is "Hello, I'm ___ and I'm a PC consultant. Are you familiar with pampered Chef?" and go from there. HTH.

Jeanie Gay

Hi there! Congratulations on starting your new Pampered Chef business! As a fellow consultant, I completely understand your hesitation in approaching potential customers. It can be tough to put yourself out there and face the possibility of rejection. However, remember that you have an amazing product to offer and it's all about finding the right way to share it with others.One approach that has worked well for me is to start by building a relationship with the person. Ask them about their interests and what they enjoy cooking. Then, tailor your pitch to their specific needs and preferences. For example, if they love baking, you could mention our top-selling baking stones and how they can take their baking to the next level. This personalized approach shows that you genuinely care about their needs and are not just trying to make a sale.Another effective way to approach potential customers is by offering a free demonstration or cooking class. This allows them to experience the products firsthand and see the value in them. Plus, it's a fun and interactive way to introduce them to the Pampered Chef world.Lastly, don't be afraid of the "no" word. It's a natural part of sales, and not everyone will be interested in your products or booking a party. But don't let that discourage you. Keep a positive attitude and continue to reach out to potential customers. You never know who might say yes!Best of luck with your new business! I know you will do great. Let me know if you need any further advice or support. We are all in this together as Pampered Chef consultants. Happy cooking!

1. What are some effective ways to approach potential customers for a new business?

There are several efficient ways to approach potential customers for your new business, including:

• Networking events: Attend local business events or conferences to connect with potential customers in person.
  • Social media: Utilize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to reach a larger audience and engage with potential customers.
  • Cold emailing: Send personalized emails to potential customers introducing your business and offering a special promotion or discount.
  • Collaborations or partnerships: Partner with other businesses or influencers in your industry to promote your business to their audience.
  • Word-of-mouth: Encourage satisfied customers to spread the word about your business to their friends and family.

2. How can I approach people to buy or book a party without sounding pushy?

One approach could be to focus on building a relationship with the person first. Instead of immediately trying to sell or book a party, start a conversation and get to know them. Once you've established a connection, you can mention your business and ask if they would be interested in learning more or hosting a party. This approach can make the conversation feel more natural and less pushy.

3. Are there any specific words or phrases I should avoid when approaching potential customers?

Avoid using overly salesy language or making aggressive demands. Instead, focus on being genuine and building a relationship with the person. Also, avoid using negative or pushy words like "buy", "purchase", or "order". Instead, use more neutral terms like "learn more" or "explore our products".

4. How can I make my approach more personalized and effective?

Do some research on the person or group you are approaching. This could include looking at their social media profiles or reading their website or blog. Use this information to tailor your approach and show that you have taken the time to get to know them. Additionally, try to offer something of value to the person, such as a special promotion or personalized recommendation.

5. How can I handle rejection when approaching potential customers?

Rejection is a natural part of any business, and it's important to not take it personally. Instead, use each rejection as a learning opportunity. Ask for feedback on why the person was not interested and use that information to improve your approach in the future. Also, remember that one rejection does not define the success of your business, and there will always be other potential customers out there.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
koima
  • tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Adrian
  • crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies