• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Pamper Your Business and Get a Free Dessert? Try This New Approach!

I did this for businesses in the area that are in the food/beverage industry and the one I did was at a salonI did this for businesses in the food/beverage industry and the one I did was at a salon.Thank you so much for your help, this is a great idea!I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
ivy5683
So I didn't feel right about just showing up with a recipe looking for 'testers' so I brainstormed this one. I decided to add this as one of the 'Services I offer' that I display at every party.
I say it's a catalog show with the benefit of a free desert!
I typed up a letter that I sent to several businesses in the area and offered this to them.
I gave them a choice of 7, 10 or 14 days to show the catalog in their office/shop and then on the final day I will bring in a free desert for them to enjoy while I pick up the orders.
I sent out about 8 letters to start and have 2 Pamper Your Business shows going on now and another scheduled for the first week of August.

Just thought I'd share!

Would you mind sharing the letter you did?? I think this is a wonderful idea, and might have to try it, too! :)

I LOVE this idea. I also feel uncomfortable (I need to be able to get out of my comfort zone more) so I'd love to see you letter. Please share.

I have been debating Pampering a Business as well, but was feeling uncomfortable too. I LOVE :love: your letter idea!!! I'd love it if you would share too....thanks! :)

Could we see an example of the letter you circulate to the businesses?

This sounds like a SUPER IDEA!! Plus...they may be more inclined to order that way!! I have never gotten enough orders to turn it into a show doing PAB (pamper a bus) but this may help!!

I agree!! Share that letter!

Yes please Share!!! Did they call you or did you call them a few days after you sent it or did you bring it in and give it to someone?

What a GREAT idea....and a creative way to think outside the box!

I like it too! Letter please....

Two of them called me and one I spoke too while getting my hair done after I had sent the letter. Everyone was totally on board, didn't have to 'convince' anyone.

Dear local business owner,

My name is Nicki Herrell and I am a new Pampered Chef consultant in your area. I wanted to let you know that I am offering a wonderful FREE service in your area!

Let me Pamper Your Business!
It’s as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

1. Call me! We’ll pick a date to start your catalog show.

2. Show your Catalog! You’ll decide how long you’d like your show to last. You can pick between 7, 10 and 14 days.

3. Eat! On the final date of your show I will come in to pick up your orders and bring a delicious desert for you, your co-workers and your guests to enjoy!

That’s it! You will earn free and half-priced items from the sales of your show. You can either designate a host to receive those benefits or you can split them up among your co-workers so that everyone benefits!

This is a free service to you. Pampered Chef catalog shows do not include food for your office. I am supplying that myself as an extra thank you for your assistance in getting my business started.

If you are interested please call to schedule your Pampering today!

Nicki Herrell
The Pampered Chef
Independent Consultant
(352) 978-7383
[email protected]

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing, Nicki! This is such an amazing idea!!

Nicki~

I am soooooo stealing that letter!! I think this is something I can swing right after the baby, too...to keep my sales going!!

THANKS for sharing!!

Glad to share!!

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

I am sooooo going to use this!

Love this idea thank you!!

What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

Did you mail them or drop them by?

:love: I love this idea!
I have been hesitant to just drop off a tray of food somewhere. If they are like me I wouldn't eat food from someone I didn't know :eek:

Thanks for the letter, I'm going to try this! :)

Nicki - what a great letter to go with your wonderful idea....I am doing this starting today!

That is awesome! Thank you!

I love this idea. THanks for sharing.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!! I am SOOO excited about this idea! I can even print the letter on my new PC paper!! :D

I mailed them. I also had a guest at one of my shows who owns a salon and she's scheduled one for the first 2 weeks of August. I also offer then a $10 PC gift card for every show they secure for me, after the show takes place of course.

If you don't mind me asking...what kind of businesses did you do this for and which ones are taking you up on it?

I started with hair salons. That's all I've done so far. I sent a letter to all of the surrounding salons. I also mentioned at my salon yesterday that another competing salong had already taken me up on this offer... it adds a little competition.
I figured I'd do all of them then branch out to some of the other local businesses. There is a great down town area in Mount Dora (google it, it's an amazing city) and my family and I go there every weekend to walk and have ice cream. I'm going to drop some letters by around there next.

ivy5683 said:
I mailed them. I also had a guest at one of my shows who owns a salon and she's scheduled one for the first 2 weeks of August. I also offer then a $10 PC gift card for every show they secure for me, after the show takes place of course.

Who do you do the gift card? Do you make them yourself or is this something you guys in the States can get?

Oh, and one more question....when you bring in the treats, do you bring on PC plates?

What an awesome idea. Thank you so much for sharing!:)

This idea was too good to keep to myself! I just shared the idea with my director, and she loves it too!

I meant Gift Certificate and I'll just order them. I'm just going to bring a baggie of paper plates from the dollar store, and some forks and napkins. Nothing fancy.

Nicki, I can't thank you enough for this idea! I was terribly uncomfprtable just showing up at a place of business with food, but I am pretty sure I can handle doing it this way!

I LOVE this idea!I struggle with being too "wimpy" and when I do this, people don't seem to get that I would like orders!When I bring desert ... I do not put on PC plates. Either something disposable or (gasp!) Tupperware. I do not have much PC serving ware (at least, not yet) and would not want to take a chance on damage if I did. They don't care what it's on ... they just want food.

you can easily have a couple shows going a week doing things this way. there is an endless stream of businesses around

ivy5683 said:
I meant Gift Certificate and I'll just order them. I'm just going to bring a baggie of paper plates from the dollar store, and some forks and napkins. Nothing fancy.

Okay! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm very excited about trying this out. I will get some letters printed off tonight and get them out tomorrow. We'll see what happens!

Another question (aren't I full of 'em today?? hehe) - In your letter, where it says "dear business owner", do you actually put the business name?

I just want to share a change I made. Since I'm not new at this, I changed your sentence on helping you start your new business to this - I am supplying that myself as an extra thank you for your assistance in building my business.

I tried this at two places that I had to go anyway today. I got one definite show and another, "I think we want to do this, let me talk to a few other girls and call me tomorrow." Yes, she gave me her info!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

This comes at a great time for me! My FIL passed away (I was his full time caregiver). My hubby and I decided I can try Pampered Chef full time for 3 months and if it isn't working I have to get a job! Truly an answer to my prayers!

Thanks again!

Personally the only thing I would probably change is the person who gets the host benefits. Maybe for everyone who places an order in the office gets in the drawing for the benefits.
It might be hard to split it among everyone in the office and it might not be fair if the supervisor gets it just because she said yes.
Also I would add more chances to enter for the host benefits drawing if they bring an outside order. Another entry for every outside order they bring.
I love this letter, thank you for sharing! And I love the idea about $10 for every show booked. :love:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Debbie :D

ChefBeckyD said:
This idea was too good to keep to myself! I just shared the idea with my director, and she loves it too!

Me too Becky!

I hope you don't mind Nickie!

khergatt said:
I tried this at two places that I had to go anyway today. I got one definite show and another, "I think we want to do this, let me talk to a few other girls and call me tomorrow." Yes, she gave me her info!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

This comes at a great time for me! My FIL passed away (I was his full time caregiver). My hubby and I decided I can try Pampered Chef full time for 3 months and if it isn't working I have to get a job! Truly an answer to my prayers!

Thanks again!

Way to go, Kristie!!!! I'm rootin' for ya! You can make this work and do PC full time! That would be awesome for ya.

Sorry about your FIL......

khergatt said:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Thanks again!

CONGRATS!! :thumbup:

I hope it works out for you! What a great way to earn an income, doing PC full time! :love:

Keep us posted. So far you are off to a great start!

Debbie :D

This is a great thread/idea!!!!! We can all try this, and see what works. I figure whatever we can pick up for business great and this way we aren't losing a lot of money upfront. Can't wait to try this and would love to hear other success stories and tips on getting this to work. I need a haircut and this just might be a great thing to ask about while I am there. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

I'm glad htis is working so well for you guys!
I figure that what they do with the host benefits is there business and just like a host is the one who gets the benefits at a show the person who said yes is the host, technically, so if she wants them all that's fine with me. As long as I get the sale, if someone doesn't get the host benefit but want to they may host a show of their own.
Change things the way they work for you, this is just how it works best for me! :)
I'm so glad I shared!

This is a great idea. I was one in the boat of not wanting to just walk in somewhere with a tray of food. One note though, edit the post with your letter & remove the link to your website. Don't want the PC police after you!

Thank you for your awesome letter and idea. To everyone else thanks for all your help. Your insight and advice is PRICELESS.....

crystalscookingnow said:
One note though, edit the post with your letter & remove the link to your website. Don't want the PC police after you!

I was about to say the same thing. I just noticed it.

I love your letter 1st idea. I have been trying to think of a way other than just popping in with food. Thanks so much!

I love this idea and will defintely be giving it a go. I am just starting off my business as well and can use all the help I can get. Thanks a million times...:)

Thank you for sharing Nicki, I have been wondering how to go about pampering a business. I am also new and I think this would be a great way to boost business. :sing:

Thanks for sharing. This is a terrific idea!

Nicki, can you share with us what kind of businesses you sent it to and which ones are calling you back? Since I work full time in addition to PC, I am thinking this is a great thing to do. Did you send just the letter...or did you include a business card, mini catalog, etc?

I didn't see an answer to the question of if they say "Dear Business owner" or if you personalize it wherever possible. Also, I bought some mini-catalogs to leave around town ....thought it was cheaper than regular catalogs to leave randomly. I need an opinion....would mailing a mini-catalog with the letter help chances of them taking you up on the offer or would it be a waste?

Thanks for the idea Nicki! Love it!

<h2>1. What is the "Pamper Your Business" approach? </h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach is a unique way to promote and showcase Pampered Chef products in a business setting. It involves partnering with local businesses to set up a catalog show, where the business displays the Pampered Chef catalog for a designated period of time. On the final day, the consultant brings in a free dessert for the business to enjoy while picking up orders.</p><h2>2. How does the "Pamper Your Business" approach benefit both the consultant and the business?</h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach benefits both the consultant and the business. The consultant gets the opportunity to showcase their products and potentially gain new customers, while the business gets to offer their employees or customers a free dessert and support a local consultant.</p><h2>3. How do you promote the "Pamper Your Business" approach?</h2><p>The "Pamper Your Business" approach can be promoted by sending out letters to local businesses, offering them the opportunity to host a catalog show. The consultant can also display this as a service offered at parties and events, and share it on social media platforms.</p><h2>4. What options are available for businesses interested in hosting a catalog show?</h2><p>Businesses have the option to choose from 7, 10, or 14 days to host the catalog show. The consultant will then bring in a free dessert on the final day to pick up orders and thank the business for their participation.</p><h2>5. How successful has the "Pamper Your Business" approach been for the consultant?</h2><p>The success of the "Pamper Your Business" approach may vary, but the feedback has been positive so far. The consultant has had two shows and has another one scheduled, which shows that businesses are interested in participating in this unique approach to promoting Pampered Chef products.</p>

1. What is the "Pamper Your Business" approach?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach is a unique way to promote and showcase Pampered Chef products in a business setting. It involves partnering with local businesses to set up a catalog show, where the business displays the Pampered Chef catalog for a designated period of time. On the final day, the consultant brings in a free dessert for the business to enjoy while picking up orders.

2. How does the "Pamper Your Business" approach benefit both the consultant and the business?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach benefits both the consultant and the business. The consultant gets the opportunity to showcase their products and potentially gain new customers, while the business gets to offer their employees or customers a free dessert and support a local consultant.

3. How do you promote the "Pamper Your Business" approach?

The "Pamper Your Business" approach can be promoted by sending out letters to local businesses, offering them the opportunity to host a catalog show. The consultant can also display this as a service offered at parties and events, and share it on social media platforms.

4. What options are available for businesses interested in hosting a catalog show?

Businesses have the option to choose from 7, 10, or 14 days to host the catalog show. The consultant will then bring in a free dessert on the final day to pick up orders and thank the business for their participation.

5. How successful has the "Pamper Your Business" approach been for the consultant?

The success of the "Pamper Your Business" approach may vary, but the feedback has been positive so far. The consultant has had two shows and has another one scheduled, which shows that businesses are interested in participating in this unique approach to promoting Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Xpalidocious
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies