• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

VIP Site Closing: Last Chance for "Golf" Shirts!

if you are a consultant with a DS company, chances are you use Merrill.I agree there has to be something for them to drop everyone else. You would think with everyone upset they would try to make people happy....silly me for thinking that.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I just went to the VIP site to see what they have left and they have a note up saying the site is closing. They say they are no longer carrying any products and the site will close permanently on June 29.

Just decided I needed a "golf" shirt. Oh, well... I guess I didn't really need it.

I saw that last night! I wonder if Merrill is going to sell clothes and how much they will be.

BethCooks4U said:
Just decided I needed a "golf" shirt. Oh, well... I guess I didn't really need it.
Not unless you want to support the monopoly of the PC/Merrill Consortium.

Chef_2_Four said:
I saw that last night! I wonder if Merrill is going to sell clothes and how much they will be.
Ye$, They $oon will be able to $ell you all $ort$ of $tuff.

This is such a sore spot for me!Not that I was thrilled w/ VIP or anything - but I can just see the writing on the wall w/ Merrill - and it's not reading well for us!I have a friend w/ another DS company, and they use only Merrill - and she hates them!Makes me wonder what kind of song and dance routine Merrill gave PC to get them to use them exclusively!

I'm holding out that maybe they'll suprise us with some really good deals at conference! (a girl can dream can't she?)
KG, I loved your re$pon$e:p

lacychef said:
I'm holding out that maybe they'll suprise us with some really good deals at conference! (a girl can dream can't she?)
KG, I loved your re$pon$e:p
Me too Lacy! I really want some new logo shirts. Dare I say this w/o being chastized.....my faves are ones I bought on ebay from former consultants. I want a brand new one that has not already been 'gently worn'!

I am just hoping for some wonderful surprises at NC...like REALLY good prices and a REALLY huge selection!

Lacy, Caroline, keep dreaming. There are two chances of Merrill issuing good prices and huge selection...and Slim is on a diet.

I have a friend that embrodiers I think maybe I'll buy a reg shirt and see what she can do! I am afraid to see what their prices will be!!

Chef_2_Four said:
I have a friend that embrodiers I think maybe I'll buy a reg shirt and see what she can do! I am afraid to see what their prices will be!!
Just be aware that it's against policy for us to have the logo or the words "Pampered Chef" embroidered or otherwise put on a shirt/clothing item without permission from HO.

chefann said:
Just be aware that it's against policy for us to have the logo or the words "Pampered Chef" embroidered or otherwise put on a shirt/clothing item without permission from HO.
And you have the same chances of that as you do of having a large selection and great prices from Merrill (see TKG's post).

chefann said:
Heaven forbid that anyone should make some money outside of the monopoly.

I'm usually a strong defender of copyrights and trademarks, being a writer the copyright is especially of interest to me, but TPC is really annoying me on this one.

well then I guess I won't! I don't understand why they are giving us one company instead of a choice. Grrr! I have only made one purchase from Merrill and they screwed that up and gave it to me for free (didn't even have to ask, they just did it). Oh well. I do like some of their stuff maybe whe it is in my price range!

The reason they're doing it that way is twofold - one, this is part of the way the new regime lets Doris know this ain't her company anymore and two, there is some sort of arrangement between Merrill and TPC. They can both all deny it all they want, but IMHO, there has to be some reason Merrill has exclusivity with TPC.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The reason they're doing it that way is twofold - one, this is part of the way the new regime lets Doris know this ain't her company anymore and two, there is some sort of arrangement between Merrill and TPC. They can both all deny it all they want, but IMHO, there has to be some reason Merrill has exclusivity with TPC.

I agree there has to be something for them to drop everyone else. You would think with everyone upset they would try to make people happy....silly me for thinking that.

It is not that uncommon for companies to only use one vendor for promotional items.

Really.

Honest.

When it comes to this sort of thing, they don't give a rip about what makes people happy. When this transferred from Doris' company to managers answering to stockholders, concern for us went out the window. Not totally, of course, but the bottom line now drives management.

MomToEli said:
It is not that uncommon for companies to only use one vendor for promotional items. Really.Honest.
True, but the logo is often licensed to competitors for short runs.

Unfortunately with all companies ones stockholders are involved they are the only ones important anymore. That happened to a company I used to work for. The bottom line became more important that the customers and the employees.

Related to VIP Site Closing: Last Chance for "Golf" Shirts!

1. What is the deadline for ordering "Golf" shirts on the VIP site?

The deadline for ordering "Golf" shirts on the VIP site is [insert date]. After this date, the site will be closed and no further orders will be accepted.

2. Can I still purchase "Golf" shirts after the VIP site has closed?

Unfortunately, no. Once the VIP site has closed, we will no longer have "Golf" shirts available for purchase.

3. Are there any special discounts or promotions available for "Golf" shirts during the VIP site closing?

Yes! As a thank you for your continued support, we are offering a special discount on "Golf" shirts during the VIP site closing. Be sure to take advantage of this limited time offer.

4. Can I exchange or return "Golf" shirts purchased on the VIP site closing?

Yes, our standard return and exchange policy still applies for "Golf" shirts purchased during the VIP site closing. Simply contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Will there be any new designs or styles of "Golf" shirts available on the VIP site closing?

No, the "Golf" shirts available on the VIP site closing are the final designs and styles. We will be releasing new designs and styles in the future, so be sure to stay tuned for updates!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies