• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustrations with Social Media: My FB Story

In summary, you are trying to open a Facebook account but your name is not long enough, so you are using a fake name. You are also frustrated because you can't talk to anyone about the problem.
Amyskitchen2
So I need to vent a little about FB. FOr the past 3 years I have been battling with them. First someone opened an account with my email (before it was my email). I fought to have that account closed as it was no longer in use. I then tried to open my FB account with my email (which is my name) and got denied because my name is too short (6 letters total) I am told that my name is a nickname. I do not have a middle name and my maiden name is also 3 letters long and differs from my married name by 1 letter, causing them to think it is a nickname. I do not have any strange characters, hyphens, wierd aposthrophes, strange spellings or anything. But still they will not grant me an acct with my name. I was told by FB to use a fake name - Well... 1. they tell you not to use a fake name 2. how will people know who I am? I am not making up a fake middle name because I DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!! I am utterly fed up and I am also tired of my hosts inviting everyone via FB and I don't know who is coming or not. I have been very lucky when they tell me how many they invited. ARGH!!!!

I appreciate anyone who has read this. I just needed to vent... I hate Social Media.

Vent away. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

How about adding "chef" or "cook" to the beginning or middle of your name? Check PC's policies about using "chef" before doing that. I know with your PWS you can no longer use "chef" but don't think it would be a problem with FB since people use it in their e-mail acct names. I see other people on FB that seem to have combined both first names of a couple or other nicknames.

How about something like "Im Amy _ _ _" or "Amy _ _ _ Really". Or your first, maiden, last name - that should be enough letters for them.?

It is STUPID (strong word I know but it fits) that they won't accept nicknames - I have seen some wierd "names" that have gotten accepted so I totally get your frustration. And of course, there isn't a PERSON you can talk to about it. Their help is a joke...

Amy, you could do this without faking your name. Put your maiden name in as your middle name ;) Many women do this, even my own mother - and her maiden name is 12 letters long and her married name is 8 letters!

Such as for me, it would be

Shelby Roosdett Michalek

It wouldn't make it any harder for anyone to find you :D

Okay I just looked on FB and there are SEVERAL who have just "AMY" as their total name (without quotes), there's an Amy Lee, there is Amy. I don't understand if they allow that why they'd give you so much trouble...

I have several friends with really short names like your's my last name is three letter's long then again I have my maiden name in with it too!!! My first name is only four letters long!!

How about "Amy I don't have a middle name Lee"? That should be long enough.

I can have any name that shows on the screen as a screen name (you can use nicknames also) but to have an account you must use your full name to register and this is my full name using my maiden name.. Amy C** K** (obviously I left out the some letters). I wish there was an actual person to speak with instead of email. It looks silly to list both my maiden and married last names together because people think it is just a last name (They only differ by the 1st letter). The reason I have trying for so long is because of that other email account.

Amyskitchen2 said:
I can have any name that shows on the screen as a screen name (you can use nicknames also) but to have an account you must use your full name to register and this is my full name using my maiden name.. Amy C** K** (obviously I left out the some letters). I wish there was an actual person to speak with instead of email. It looks silly to list both my maiden and married last names together because people think it is just a last name (They only differ by the 1st letter). The reason I have trying for so long is because of that other email account.

I use both my maiden and married names on mine - that way people who knew me way back then can find me and a lot of those people have.

Amyskitchen2 said:

I use both my maiden name and married name so people can find me as well!!

I use my maiden and married name - and they are both long! But it has helped people find me that I was friends with before I married and moved away.

Ditto. I use both maiden and married names. If with your 3 names that still doesn't make it long enough, put something else in there.

What is the purpose of "Venting Frustrations with Social Media: My FB Story"?

The purpose of "Venting Frustrations with Social Media: My FB Story" is to share a personal experience of using social media as a platform to express frustrations and how it can impact one's mental health.

Why is it important to talk about venting frustrations on social media?

It is important to talk about venting frustrations on social media because it is a common behavior that can have negative consequences on both the individual's well-being and their relationships with others. By addressing this issue, we can promote healthier ways of coping with frustrations.

What are some common negative effects of using social media to vent frustrations?

Some common negative effects of using social media to vent frustrations include increased stress and anxiety, strained relationships, and a negative impact on one's self-esteem. It can also lead to a cycle of negativity and fuel further frustrations.

How can I vent my frustrations in a healthier way?

There are several healthier ways to vent frustrations, such as talking to a trusted friend or family member, writing in a journal, practicing relaxation techniques, or engaging in a physical activity. It is important to find a method that works best for you and to avoid using social media as a sole outlet for venting.

What can I do if I find myself constantly venting on social media?

If you find yourself constantly venting on social media, it may be helpful to take a break from using the platform and to seek support from a therapist or counselor. It can also be beneficial to reflect on the underlying reasons for your frustrations and to find healthier ways to cope with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cookn' katie