• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Want to Set up a 2Nd Fb Account

In summary, the conversation is about starting a new Facebook page for customers to separate personal and business content. The main question is about what name to use for the new page, as the person is not married. Suggestions are given to use a photo of themselves wearing something with the Pampered Chef logo, and to add their middle name or initial to their current identity. There is also discussion about using the same name for both pages and creating a different web address for the second page. The conversation ends with a humorous suggestion to get married for simplicity.
ChefBeckyD said:
No, that's me - but I was switching the friend request to everyone, and I changed the one above it to everyone also - I switched it back to friends only.

I was able to search you and find your page and hit like.

PampChefJoy said:
Becky - I just did a quick search on FB from my phone... I found you (it says Ind Dir w/PC in the title, right?) and there is a "like" link after it. BUT I was able to click on the link for your fan page and see what is on your wall... so it is not private, as I am not a fan and I could find you and I can read your wall.

I found you too and can read your wall.

I'm so excited for everyone this is awesome! I do have a question, does anyone know how to change the tabs? I'ld like mine to read, recipes, newsletter etc but can't figure out how to do it. It defaults to the usual, notes, videos links. Please help if you can.

Humble Beginnings said:
I'm so excited for everyone this is awesome! I do have a question, does anyone know how to change the tabs? I'ld like mine to read, recipes, newsletter etc but can't figure out how to do it. It defaults to the usual, notes, videos links. Please help if you can.

Add the page application called "FBML" and you can add as many tabs as you want, and change the name of each tab.

I was speaking to someone in the Solution Center late this afternoon for a question regarding another topic, and then I asked about the "Pages", and that person told me the "Pages" where your "friends" can "like" you are NOT permitted.

I also found on the Facebook help center under the "Pages" section that you are not supposed to have two separate profiles even if one is a business. They want you to set one up as a personal profile, and then from there set up a "Page" or "Group". But like someone mentioned earlier, not sure how strictly they police it.

I guess I am just going to set a "customer" list up on my personal profile, and just be very careful as to what I am posting, especially when I am posting from my phone. Once I have the customer list up and running, and built, then I will add a "Group".

cookingwith_tara said:
PC only mentions setting up a GROUP and that the group MUST be set to private. It does NOT say that your fan page or profile has to be set to private. Groups should be so private so no one can search it and no one can 'see' it if they are not your friends. If you're a director and your sharing training or cluster news in your Cluster Group then non-consultants should NOT see it or even know what it going on. If you want to creat a "Group" for your customers and host, no matter what your idea behind your group is, a GROUP must be PRIVATE.

There is a difference between GROUPS and PAGES. This is where everyone is getting confused, i think.

No where does it say your PAGE has to be private unless YOU want it private. They tell us to use FB etiquette on our pages when it comes to sharing personal stuff or even blasting announcements and specials and bombarding or overwhelming people.

So you either #1 create a 'list' for all friends so that when you blast specials or anything other than general content marketing you can 'customize who sees it.' Your customers still have to 'opt in' whether or not they want to hear about the specials and such. They suggested calling people to get permission or an email .. keeping track of those who say yes. This way you can keep you personal profile without making a separate one.

or #2 you create a page or another profile and send an email to your already customers telling them what you will be doing and inviting them to 'friend' you or when you send a friend request you add a personal message to it that quick and to the point about what you're doing. This way they can "Opt In" . this gives you permission to blast your specials or sales or whatever (All while still using FB etiquette)

This is how I understand it ... what do you think????

yes, this is correct your 3 options are to

-set up a profile which is the regular personal facebook account that is created when you first sign up.

- set up a page which is what business use and what pc ho's page is. this is primarily used for business to communicate with masses and less for interaction and dialogue (which is usually done on personal profiles), although you can use it to communicate as you like. Pages are usually not private as that is contrary to their purpose (for a mass amount of people to seek you out rather than u seeking them out, thus their use by businesses.)

-set up a group. these are what ho wants to be private and are usually used for groups to communicate internal information that is not to be shared with outsiders. These can be used for your business, but as discussed in previous post, members (your contacts) have to take the initiative to go check the group page, it does not update to their wall.

Oy - HO really needs to be more explicit AND consistent!

I agree ... How hard would it have been to say "Do this, not this" :) lol

PampChefJoy said:
Oy - HO really needs to be more explicit AND consistent!

Agreed!!!!

lfg8764 said:
yes, this is correct your 3 options are to

-set up a profile which is the regular personal facebook account that is created when you first sign up.

- set up a page which is what business use and what pc ho's page is. this is primarily used for business to communicate with masses and less for interaction and dialogue (which is usually done on personal profiles), although you can use it to communicate as you like. Pages are usually not private as that is contrary to their purpose (for a mass amount of people to seek you out rather than u seeking them out, thus their use by businesses.)

-set up a group. these are what ho wants to be private and are usually used for groups to communicate internal information that is not to be shared with outsiders. These can be used for your business, but as discussed in previous post, members (your contacts) have to take the initiative to go check the group page, it does not update to their wall.

The one downfall that I was thinking about having a PAGE if it was allowed is that you cannot develop that relationship with folks that are not "friends" on your personal profile. With the fan pages, you can only see their name and photo. But then again, if your "friends" list grows to hundreds or even a thousand or so thru referals, etc. do you really want to see all of their posts? I know there are settings for that, but still.

I have about 300 friends (I think), and I have trouble filtering through all their wall posts and status updates on a daily basis. I have TT's fan page separate. I have no idea how I would cope if I had to sort through and look for important business messages on my personal wall... I'm certain I would miss something :(

On the flipside, it's true - I do not have a personal relationship with everyone on my TT fan page because I don't really use it for anything but announcements. There's less "banter" on a fan page (for me, anyway).

I posted this in the Official Discussion Thread, but thought I'd copy here as well:

I got a more detailed response from HO!

This is what I had sent in response to the answer I got yesterday:

I would like to get some more clarification on my previous question. I must admit, my initial reaction to the response was “I’m printing, laminating and saving this!” because it seems contradictory to what the policy states. After mulling it over, I feel it isn’t the right thing for me to do, to run with this answer while still having doubts about whether I’m following policy.

I am a member on ChefSuccess, and we have had several discussions on what can and can’t do, and there are some vast differences in how consultants are interpreting this portion of the policy. I would like answers to the following question:

Are consultants allowed to create a Page for communication with their customers?

Facebook has three different ways to participate: Profiles, Pages and Groups. Each of these is mentioned in the second training course, but the portion about Pages only talks about the Pampered Chef main Page. The training does promote Groups, but doesn’t address whether Pages are allowed by consultants.

The policy states that groups must be privatized so only those specifically invited may be able to join and view the groups information. A Page does not allow the owner to keep the information private, but does cover the need for a contact to “opt-in” to receive information from the Page. A Page allows the owner to post statuses, like one does with a Profile, whereas a Group does not. With a Group, the member has to proactively remember to come visit that Group, and if my customers are anything like myself, they’ll never do it.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you may be able to provide. As I mentioned, there are a couple of discussions going on ChefSuccess.com, and you may wish to refer to those for more detail on the debate of the issue.

This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. If you are using your full name and proper title, you can create either a personal account (profile) or a business account (page), however we strongly recommend and encourage Consultant's to create personal accounts (profiles) due to the fact that business accounts cannot be found in search and cannot send or receive friend requests.

The online training courses were designed based on a Consultant creating a personal account (profile). The purpose of being able to use social media for your Pampered Chef business is to help you socially connect with friends, family, current and former coworkers, and even strangers. Personal account profiles will be a better way for you to do this than a business account page.

You are not required to have your personal account profile or business account page marked as private. This is why the policy only states that groups must be made private.

I'm so glad to have a definitive answer, and will now go ahead and create a Page for myself :D

PampChefJoy said:
Add the page application called "FBML" and you can add as many tabs as you want, and change the name of each tab.
Joy, is there a way to rearrange the tabs at the top of a profile page? Mine has Flair and Boxes as tabs and I want them gone. I want "Notes" to show up without having to hit the + sign.ETA: Nevermind. :D I just found that if I click on a tab, I can drag it into the position that I want! Woohoo! :) If and when I set up a Page, though, I'll be looking into the FBML app you suggested. :)

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
I have my settings for private, so they can't "like" me, if they can't see me.
I haven't had anyone like me yet who isn't a friend, and wasn't invited. However, I can tell people to search for me, and friend me, and THEN they can like me!

Are those private settings controlled through your profile? or your page? (Just trying to set my page up and don't see a place to set privacy, etc.)

Bren706 said:
Are those private settings controlled through your profile? or your page? (Just trying to set my page up and don't see a place to set privacy, etc.)

Through my account. I changed it again though, because from what Noora found out, it doesn't have to be set to private! :thumbup: This way, people can find and like my business page, without access to my private page.

PampChefJoy said:

Joy, that option is only available if you have a page, right? Not on a profile?

cookingwith_tara said:

Tara, I just tried it, and it doesn't work for a profile. But I discovered that I could just click on a tab and move it to where I wanted. So I moved my notes and events tabs to go right after my photos one. Not sure if that's info you needed, but just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

I like the idea of having a tab that says Recipes, Kitchen Tips, etc.. that would be sooo nice :)

cookingwith_tara said:

Yes, it only works on fan pages, not profiles or groups :(

What is everyone using for a user name? Just your first and last name? or are you including "Pampered chef" anywhere in there?

Bren706 said:
What is everyone using for a user name? Just your first and last name? or are you including "Pampered chef" anywhere in there?

Becky Deemter - Independent Director with The Pampered Chef.

Actually, the policy states that we are supposed to use our name and clearly identify ourselves as Independent Consultants, so we aren't mistaken for "THE" Pampered Chef.

<h2>Question 1: What is the purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>The purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is to separate your personal and professional social media presence. This allows you to share your business updates and information with customers without overwhelming your personal friends and family with too much Pampered Chef content.</p><h2>Question 2: How can I avoid annoying my personal Facebook friends with too many Pampered Chef posts?</h2><p>Creating a separate Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is a great way to avoid annoying your personal friends with too many Pampered Chef posts. This way, your friends can choose to follow your business updates on your second account if they are interested.</p><h2>Question 3: What should I name my second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>There are a few options for naming your second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business. One option is to use your first and last name followed by "Pampered Chef" (e.g. Jane Smith Pampered Chef). Another option is to use a variation of your name or initials with "Pampered Chef" (e.g. J. Smith's Pampered Chef). You can also consider using your business name or a creative name that represents your business.</p><h2>Question 4: Can I use my middle name on one of my Facebook accounts?</h2><p>Yes, you can use your middle name on one of your Facebook accounts. You can either include it in your first or last name, or use it as a second name on one of your accounts. Keep in mind that you will need to use your legal name on your personal Facebook account.</p><h2>Question 5: Can I change my first name on my Facebook account to include my middle name?</h2><p>Yes, you can change your first name on your Facebook account to include your middle name. To do so, go to your account settings, click on "Name," and then edit your first name to include your middle name. Keep in mind that Facebook has a limit on how often you can change your name, so make sure you are happy with the new name before saving the changes.</p>

Question 1: What is the purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?

The purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is to separate your personal and professional social media presence. This allows you to share your business updates and information with customers without overwhelming your personal friends and family with too much Pampered Chef content.

Question 2: How can I avoid annoying my personal Facebook friends with too many Pampered Chef posts?

Creating a separate Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is a great way to avoid annoying your personal friends with too many Pampered Chef posts. This way, your friends can choose to follow your business updates on your second account if they are interested.

Question 3: What should I name my second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?

There are a few options for naming your second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business. One option is to use your first and last name followed by "Pampered Chef" (e.g. Jane Smith Pampered Chef). Another option is to use a variation of your name or initials with "Pampered Chef" (e.g. J. Smith's Pampered Chef). You can also consider using your business name or a creative name that represents your business.

Question 4: Can I use my middle name on one of my Facebook accounts?

Yes, you can use your middle name on one of your Facebook accounts. You can either include it in your first or last name, or use it as a second name on one of your accounts. Keep in mind that you will need to use your legal name on your personal Facebook account.

Question 5: Can I change my first name on my Facebook account to include my middle name?

Yes, you can change your first name on your Facebook account to include your middle name. To do so, go to your account settings, click on "Name," and then edit your first name to include your middle name. Keep in mind that Facebook has a limit on how often you can change your name, so make sure you are happy with the new name before saving the changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • esavvymom