• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Question for a Novice - Account Without a Page?

In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of signing up for a Facebook account without creating a personal page and the limitations of being able to see other people's pages without being friends with them. The conversation also mentions the option of creating a basic profile page to stay informed but with minimal information. The possibility of creating a business page without a personal profile is also discussed.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok, I don't know if I'd be using the right lingo, but I was wondering if it is possible to sign-up for Facebook for an account, but NOT have a my own page/wall/whatever? I just want to be able to see/read other folks pages...my NED Clusters, etc. But I do not want to set up a page of my own.

I'm guessing this is a not possible, but thought I'd check.

You have to create a page to see public pages and you can't see anyone's page that sets it to private. They have to add you as a friend before you can view photos or their posts.
You could create a page & just not upload any pictures or update it.

You can set it so that nobody sees your wall posts except for you. I have a few friends who have it set up that way. When I go to their wall, I see nothing - nothing by them and nothing from anyone else to them. You can still friend people and read their status updates... but nobody will see your business. It's all in the privacy settings area.

As mentioned, there are settings you can adjust to control who sees what. You will have to sign up for a Profile, and if you wish to see the activity of people you know, you will have to request that they allow you to do so ("Friend" them). But it really comes down to this: If you don't put anything on there, there won't be anything for anyone to see.

NooraK said:
As mentioned, there are settings you can adjust to control who sees what. You will have to sign up for a Profile, and if you wish to see the activity of people you know, you will have to request that they allow you to do so ("Friend" them). But it really comes down to this: If you don't put anything on there, there won't be anything for anyone to see.

that was part of the idea. I didnt want a page or anything for people to see, but there are several pages from my cluster folks that I cannot read because of the settings on there page. I hate that I get left out of some of the info just because I am not on FB. I will live, but it is annoying.

You can do a very basic profile page. You don't have to have a picture, you don't have to put your address or phone number, etc. You can put very minimal information on there. I'd go for it, that way you can be in the loop with what's going on. :D

esavvymom said:
that was part of the idea. I didnt want a page or anything for people to see, but there are several pages from my cluster folks that I cannot read because of the settings on there page. I hate that I get left out of some of the info just because I am not on FB. I will live, but it is annoying.

Same here!
Maybe we can create a business page? But I have no idea how to do it. Do you need to have a personal page in order to have the business page? Can you also set up the biz page with privacy settings? :confused:

ilovpc said:
Same here!
Maybe we can create a business page? But I have no idea how to do it. Do you need to have a personal page in order to have the business page? Can you also set up the biz page with privacy settings? :confused:

It does appear you can set up a Page without having a profile:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

However, Pages cannot join groups, or become friends with Profiles in order to see what they post. Pages also do not have privacy settings like Profiles do.

1. What is the difference between a Facebook account and a Facebook page?

A Facebook account is a personal profile used for connecting with friends and family, while a Facebook page is a public profile used for businesses, organizations, and public figures to promote themselves and interact with their audience.

2. Can I create a Facebook account without creating a Facebook page?

Yes, you can create a Facebook account without creating a Facebook page. Simply sign up using your personal information and skip the step where it asks you to create a page.

3. How can I access my Facebook account without a page?

To access your Facebook account without a page, simply log in using your email address and password at www.facebook.com. You can also access your account through the Facebook app on your mobile device.

4. Can I still use Facebook features without a page?

Yes, you can still use most of Facebook's features without a page. You can connect with friends, join groups, and follow public figures or businesses.

5. Can I create a Facebook page later if I already have a Facebook account?

Yes, you can create a Facebook page at any time by clicking on the "Create" button on the top right corner of your Facebook account homepage. You can also create a page through the Facebook app by clicking on the menu icon and selecting "Create Page".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Daron
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • meginsf
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • urbnk8