• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Want to Set up a 2Nd Fb Account

In summary, the conversation is about starting a new Facebook page for customers to separate personal and business content. The main question is about what name to use for the new page, as the person is not married. Suggestions are given to use a photo of themselves wearing something with the Pampered Chef logo, and to add their middle name or initial to their current identity. There is also discussion about using the same name for both pages and creating a different web address for the second page. The conversation ends with a humorous suggestion to get married for simplicity.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
OK..I was going to post this in one of the other FB threads..but decided to do a separate one since I am probably not the only one with this question.

I would like to start a new FB page for my customers..that way people can choose to see all of my PC info and my regular PC friends don't start to defriend me because they are sick of hearing about it..I will probably still do a few PC posts on my regular one..but that is just in case people want to be on my other one as well..does that make sense..

Anyway..here is my issue..Babywings just did a separate one..which was easy..since she is married..her regular one has her maiden and married names..her new one just her Married name..

I am not married..and never have been..I don't want both names to be the same..what do you suggest I set it up as? Should I do (Pampered Chef)?

Should I use my middle name on one of them? If so which? Should I change my first one to include my middle name? Or can I even do that?

I know this might sound silly to some but I am not any good at this stuff.

Thanks in advance

Could you take a picture of yourself wearing something that clearly has PC written on it? Then have that as the profile picture for your business profile. That's actually what I intend to do since "they" recommend we not use the logo as our profile pics. Then you can do what I did and in your regular account, go through and send friend suggestions to everyone. So they'll see you referring your business identity and it'll make more sense. ?? Maybe? :D

babywings76 said:
Could you take a picture of yourself wearing something that clearly has PC written on it? Then have that as the profile picture for your business profile. That's actually what I intend to do since "they" recommend we not use the logo as our profile pics. Then you can do what I did and in your regular account, go through and send friend suggestions to everyone. So they'll see you referring your business identity and it'll make more sense. ?? Maybe? :D

I heard it as they said we can't use the logo as our profile pic.

Oh, I don't remember them saying you can't, just that you shouldn't because people would rather see your face. To have it be personal, they like to see the face of the person they are doing business with. They also mentioned not to use pictures of cartoon drawings or pets or kids.

I guess my biggest question is should I just use the exact same name for both? I like the idea of a pic of me wearing something PC..but what should I do about my name..hhmm..maybe I should just tell my bf that we need to get married to make this easier..LMAO.

chefheidi2003 said:
I guess my biggest question is should I just use the exact same name for both? I like the idea of a pic of me wearing something PC..but what should I do about my name..hhmm..maybe I should just tell my bf that we need to get married to make this easier..LMAO.

LOL That's one way to solve the problem. :D I would just add your middle name or middle initial to your current identity.

That is what I was thinking..thank you..and I told my bf already that I am going to need him to take a pic of me in one of my aprons..I will use that as my profile pic.

I don't see anythign wrong with the profiles being the same name (except the issues discussed in the other thread :D). Create a different web address for the second one, and use that to make sure your guests get to the right profile. As in, if your current profile was /heidikreitzer, you could make the second one /heidik or /heidi.kreitzer or something like that. And if you send invitations to your customers (current ones, at least), you'll make sure they find the right one.

chefheidi2003 said:
..hhmm..maybe I should just tell my bf that we need to get married to make this easier..LMAO.

The funny thing is, I always looked at your profile pic here thinking that was a wedding dress... :D

chefheidi2003 said:
OK..I was going to post this in one of the other FB threads..but decided to do a separate one since I am probably not the only one with this question.

I would like to start a new FB page for my customers..that way people can choose to see all of my PC info and my regular PC friends don't start to defriend me because they are sick of hearing about it..I will probably still do a few PC posts on my regular one..but that is just in case people want to be on my other one as well..does that make sense..

Anyway..here is my issue..Babywings just did a separate one..which was easy..since she is married..her regular one has her maiden and married names..her new one just her Married name..

I am not married..and never have been..I don't want both names to be the same..what do you suggest I set it up as? Should I do (Pampered Chef)?

Should I use my middle name on one of them? If so which? Should I change my first one to include my middle name? Or can I even do that?

I know this might sound silly to some but I am not any good at this stuff.

Thanks in advance

I am going to start a private group. It is what was recommended on the online training courses. They said that it is against FB policy to have more than one profile which was my original plan.

NooraK said:
The funny thing is, I always looked at your profile pic here thinking that was a wedding dress... :D

NOPE..always a bridesmaid never a bride..LOL..that is my maid of honor dress from my bff's wedding..LOL..that is funny though.

nene960 said:
I am going to start a private group. It is what was recommended on the online training courses. They said that it is against FB policy to have more than one profile which was my original plan.

I think that is what I am going to do as well. I think it would get too confusing for me to keep "privatizing" my status updates, etc.

Bren706 said:
I think that is what I am going to do as well. I think it would get too confusing for me to keep "privatizing" my status updates, etc.

I update from my phone a lot and privatizing my status is not an option there.

Check out the Official discussion thread. I just got an email response from HO about "Fan" pages, and was told those are OK. I think this is the best solution for everyone.

I am wondering if we create a group, can we name the group as our title. Example, Brenda Haywood - Independent Senior Consultant for The Pampered Chef.

I don't think it matters what you name your group since it is private. As long as it is not searchable, then that name should be fine.

I am so confused lol. I created a group but if your friends have to go to the group everyday to see if there are any updates they probably wont remember. So do I take a chance and create a seperate profile? I just don't know. I have to do a training on FB at our next meeting and I would like to have mine totally set up before then so I can show everyone what would be best.

Confused here too.

I took the online training, but still not sure about this group thing.

I don't think a "fan" page is within policy because anyone can do a search and "like" your page, so it is not private. Jane Doe who has never met you and had no connection (not even through anyone in your friend's list) can "like" your page.

I am hesitant to use my personal profile as I am afraid I will miss a setting, etc. in regards to separating posts and information.

Bren706 said:
Confused here too.

I don't think a "fan" page is within policy because anyone can do a search and "like" your page, so it is not private. Jane Doe who has never met you and had no connection (not even through anyone in your friend's list) can "like" your page.

I am hesitant to use my personal profile as I am afraid I will miss a setting, etc. in regards to separating posts and information.

But if you click on the link that's provided on the official PC Page, it takes you to the directions for setting up a Fan Page...and the link says "Create Your Own Page", not "create a group".

Bren706 said:
Confused here too.

See, I don't want to do a Group, specifically because it doesn't allow me to do what I want to do. My customers would have to come to the group to get information, and knowing I myself don't do stuff like that, I wouldn't expect them to do so either.

I wouldn't have read the Page to be within policy, but the response I got from HO in writing says that portion of the policy doesn't apply to Pages.

I wouldn't mind using my personal profile, I just don't have the access to those settings while on my phone, and I don't think anything I post very late at night when I finally get on the computer will get seen.

ChefBeckyD said:
But if you click on the link that's provided on the official PC Page, it takes you to the directions for setting up a Fan Page...and the link says "Create Your Own Page", not "create a group".

I think that link is there from FB, not PC though. Just because FB puts the link there, doesn't mean PC is OK with us doing that. But the response I got from HO seems to indicate they are. It's very confusing and frustrating to me right now.

But that is on all business fan pages. It is not a Pampered Chef specific link.

I am looking at the "Privacy settings" page and it looks pretty easy to set things up as to who sees what, but I am not sure of two things:

1. Is there a way to hide your applications, games, etc from a list of friends?
2. In regards to comments and posts made by friends. There may be some that are appropriate to be seen by all, and some that are not, so how to differentiate that when using your personal profile for your customers?

Hmmm. Now I am wondering about setting up a second profile page.

Bren706 said:
I am looking at the "Privacy settings" page and it looks pretty easy to set things up as to who sees what, but I am not sure of two things:

1. Is there a way to hide your applications, games, etc from a list of friends?
2. In regards to comments and posts made by friends. There may be some that are appropriate to be seen by all, and some that are not, so how to differentiate that when using your personal profile for your customers?

Hmmm. Now I am wondering about setting up a second profile page.

This can be established by setting up "Lists" within your Friend List. You can create a list, and then assign your friends to oneor more of them, and then use the lists to control who sees what. You can set restrictions on who sees anythign you post on FB: Photos, status updates, game updates etc. Just click the little lock icon next to the "Post" button. It's covered in one of the Online Training Center courses.

My dilemma with this is that I don't have (easy) access to this control when posting from my phone.

I am at work and can't access FB from here, but maybe someone can find this answer... I know you can set up Twitter to link to FB so that when you post a tweet, it shows up as a status update. Can you program your Twitter feed specifically to post to certain people/lists? If so, then maybe the workaround would be to tweet when you want to say something to your restricted group, and post a regular FB status update when you want to say it to everyone.

PampChefJoy said:
I am at work and can't access FB from here, but maybe someone can find this answer... I know you can set up Twitter to link to FB so that when you post a tweet, it shows up as a status update. Can you program your Twitter feed specifically to post to certain people/lists? If so, then maybe the workaround would be to tweet when you want to say something to your restricted group, and post a regular FB status update when you want to say it to everyone.

But then I'd have to get on Twitter :D

Okay - I created the Fan page, and sent out "like" requests to all of my contacts that I want to like it. :)

I played around with it, and found that the privacy settings for my fan page are the same as how I have my personal page set. So, all of my settings are are private...except that people can search for me on Facebook. That way, I can put on my business cards, and info on my catalogs and other literature to search for my page and "like" my page on FB.

That seems to me to be in accordance with the info I've listened to at the Training Center.

ChefBeckyD said:
I played around with it, and found that the privacy settings for my fan page are the same as how I have my personal page set. So, all of my settings are are private...except that people can search for me on Facebook.

Fabulous! Just what I wanted to hear.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I created the Fan page, and sent out "like" requests to all of my contacts that I want to like it. :)

I played around with it, and found that the privacy settings for my fan page are the same as how I have my personal page set. So, all of my settings are are private...except that people can search for me on Facebook. That way, I can put on my business cards, and info on my catalogs and other literature to search for my page and "like" my page on FB.

That seems to me to be in accordance with the info I've listened to at the Training Center.

So do you have to approve who can "like" you? Or can anyone like your page... seems that would not be private enough if you don't know who is joining your page...

NooraK said:
But then I'd have to get on Twitter :D

I have Twitter set up but I really don't tweet either... but it may be an easier way than switching back and forth...?

PampChefJoy said:
So do you have to approve who can "like" you? Or can anyone like your page... seems that would not be private enough if you don't know who is joining your page...

That is my concern as well. Also, Jane Doe could end up "liking" XX number of consultant pages too.

and from Tara's post above, the quote from the PC policy:

"PC Groups or Group Pages on Social Networking Sites If you create a group on a social networking site that is
primarily dedicated to your Pampered Chef® business, you must privatize the group. For example, if a Director creates
a Facebook group for their downline or for their customers, only individuals specifically invited by the group moderator
should have the ability to join the group and access the group’s page/information.
"

so, a Fan page does not meet these guidelines, as anyone can join your page by clicking the "LIKE" link.

Sorry, not trying to debate, just kinda thinking out loud and typing at the same time, trying to figure it all out, before I start setting my page or whatever up :)

Last edited:
PampChefJoy said:

I have my settings for private, so they can't "like" me, if they can't see me.

I haven't had anyone like me yet who isn't a friend, and wasn't invited. However, I can tell people to search for me, and friend me, and THEN they can like me!

So do you have only friends see you or what do you change it to?

Becky, When I do a search for "The Pampered Chef", your page is one of the many that comes up for me. Is the reason that I can see your page is because I am on your friends list for your personal page?

Bren706 said:
Becky, When I do a search for "The Pampered Chef", your page is one of the many that comes up for me. Is the reason that I can see your page is because I am on your friends list for your personal page?

Yes, I think so. If your already on my friends list, then you can see me.

Bren706 said:

How many pages did you have to go before you found it? It didn't come up for me on the first few results, but I did find it by searching by Becky's name.

NooraK said:
How many pages did you have to go before you found it? It didn't come up for me on the first few results, but I did find it by searching by Becky's name.

If you search by page instead of person, you'll find it quicker.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have my settings for private, so they can't "like" me, if they can't see me.

I haven't had anyone like me yet who isn't a friend, and wasn't invited. However, I can tell people to search for me, and friend me, and THEN they can like me!

I like that! Seems like it would work within the guidelines of what they want. I would be curious to see if anyone can find you without being a friend...

Do you plan to make a custom facebook fan page url to give out to people?

PampChefJoy said:
I like that! Seems like it would work within the guidelines of what they want. I would be curious to see if anyone can find you without being a friend...

Do you plan to make a custom facebook fan page url to give out to people?

That was the next thing I'm going to do - they suggested doing that on one of the trainings.

Joy - go to facebook and see if you can find it. I don't think we're "friends".

There are 2 of me - one is a person, and the other is a page. :D

Becky... I can not figure out hoe to make the "Page " Private Help please :(

I thought on the online training that they recommend us to set up a Group page and mark it as private or keep our regular page and only send to those that opt in to our PC business info by clicking on message and then which friend list. (something like that)

Becky - I just did a quick search on FB from my phone... I found you (it says Ind Dir w/PC in the title, right?) and there is a "like" link after it. BUT I was able to click on the link for your fan page and see what is on your wall... so it is not private, as I am not a fan and I could find you and I can read your wall.

PampChefJoy said:
Becky - I just did a quick search on FB from my phone... I found you (it says Ind Dir w/PC in the title, right?) and there is a "like" link after it. BUT I was able to click on the link for your fan page and see what is on your wall... so it is not private, as I am not a fan and I could find you and I can read your wall.

Darn!!! I just set mine up and invited people~! Arg....

PampChefJoy said:

I just went and looked and I must have changed the settings - I just changed it back to private. Actually, I changed it to friends only.

LOL - Becky, do I have your last name right? Are you Deemter? Or maybe I have you confused with another Becky D...

PampChefJoy said:
LOL - Becky, do I have your last name right? Are you Deemter? Or maybe I have you confused with another Becky D...

No, that's me - but I was switching the friend request to everyone, and I changed the one above it to everyone also - I switched it back to friends only.

I wear my heart on my sleeve....they will really know me.....no separate page for me! I have always been a let it all hang out type gal anyway!

PC only mentions setting up a GROUP and that the group MUST be set to private. It does NOT say that your fan page or profile has to be set to private. Groups should be so private so no one can search it and no one can 'see' it if they are not your friends. If you're a director and your sharing training or cluster news in your Cluster Group then non-consultants should NOT see it or even know what it going on. If you want to creat a "Group" for your customers and host, no matter what your idea behind your group is, a GROUP must be PRIVATE.

There is a difference between GROUPS and PAGES. This is where everyone is getting confused, i think.

No where does it say your PAGE has to be private unless YOU want it private. They tell us to use FB etiquette on our pages when it comes to sharing personal stuff or even blasting announcements and specials and bombarding or overwhelming people.

So you either #1 create a 'list' for all friends so that when you blast specials or anything other than general content marketing you can 'customize who sees it.' Your customers still have to 'opt in' whether or not they want to hear about the specials and such. They suggested calling people to get permission or an email .. keeping track of those who say yes. This way you can keep you personal profile without making a separate one.

or #2 you create a page or another profile and send an email to your already customers telling them what you will be doing and inviting them to 'friend' you or when you send a friend request you add a personal message to it that quick and to the point about what you're doing. This way they can "Opt In" . this gives you permission to blast your specials or sales or whatever (All while still using FB etiquette)

This is how I understand it ... what do you think????

cookingwith_tara said:
PC only mentions setting up a GROUP and that the group MUST be set to private. It does NOT say that your fan page or profile has to be set to private. Groups should be so private so no one can search it and no one can 'see' it if they are not your friends. If you're a director and your sharing training or cluster news in your Cluster Group then non-consultants should NOT see it or even know what it going on. If you want to creat a "Group" for your customers and host, no matter what your idea behind your group is, a GROUP must be PRIVATE.

There is a difference between GROUPS and PAGES. This is where everyone is getting confused, i think.

No where does it say your PAGE has to be private unless YOU want it private. They tell us to use FB etiquette on our pages when it comes to sharing personal stuff or even blasting announcements and specials and bombarding or overwhelming people.

So you either #1 create a 'list' for all friends so that when you blast specials or anything other than general content marketing you can 'customize who sees it.' Your customers still have to 'opt in' whether or not they want to hear about the specials and such. They suggested calling people to get permission or an email .. keeping track of those who say yes. This way you can keep you personal profile without making a separate one.

or #2 you create a page or another profile and send an email to your already customers telling them what you will be doing and inviting them to 'friend' you or when you send a friend request you add a personal message to it that quick and to the point about what you're doing. This way they can "Opt In" . this gives you permission to blast your specials or sales or whatever (All while still using FB etiquette)

This is how I understand it ... what do you think????

That is exactly the same way that I understood it.

<h2>Question 1: What is the purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>The purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is to separate your personal and professional social media presence. This allows you to share your business updates and information with customers without overwhelming your personal friends and family with too much Pampered Chef content.</p><h2>Question 2: How can I avoid annoying my personal Facebook friends with too many Pampered Chef posts?</h2><p>Creating a separate Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is a great way to avoid annoying your personal friends with too many Pampered Chef posts. This way, your friends can choose to follow your business updates on your second account if they are interested.</p><h2>Question 3: What should I name my second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>There are a few options for naming your second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business. One option is to use your first and last name followed by "Pampered Chef" (e.g. Jane Smith Pampered Chef). Another option is to use a variation of your name or initials with "Pampered Chef" (e.g. J. Smith's Pampered Chef). You can also consider using your business name or a creative name that represents your business.</p><h2>Question 4: Can I use my middle name on one of my Facebook accounts?</h2><p>Yes, you can use your middle name on one of your Facebook accounts. You can either include it in your first or last name, or use it as a second name on one of your accounts. Keep in mind that you will need to use your legal name on your personal Facebook account.</p><h2>Question 5: Can I change my first name on my Facebook account to include my middle name?</h2><p>Yes, you can change your first name on your Facebook account to include your middle name. To do so, go to your account settings, click on "Name," and then edit your first name to include your middle name. Keep in mind that Facebook has a limit on how often you can change your name, so make sure you are happy with the new name before saving the changes.</p>

Question 1: What is the purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?

The purpose of setting up a second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is to separate your personal and professional social media presence. This allows you to share your business updates and information with customers without overwhelming your personal friends and family with too much Pampered Chef content.

Question 2: How can I avoid annoying my personal Facebook friends with too many Pampered Chef posts?

Creating a separate Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business is a great way to avoid annoying your personal friends with too many Pampered Chef posts. This way, your friends can choose to follow your business updates on your second account if they are interested.

Question 3: What should I name my second Facebook account for my Pampered Chef business?

There are a few options for naming your second Facebook account for your Pampered Chef business. One option is to use your first and last name followed by "Pampered Chef" (e.g. Jane Smith Pampered Chef). Another option is to use a variation of your name or initials with "Pampered Chef" (e.g. J. Smith's Pampered Chef). You can also consider using your business name or a creative name that represents your business.

Question 4: Can I use my middle name on one of my Facebook accounts?

Yes, you can use your middle name on one of your Facebook accounts. You can either include it in your first or last name, or use it as a second name on one of your accounts. Keep in mind that you will need to use your legal name on your personal Facebook account.

Question 5: Can I change my first name on my Facebook account to include my middle name?

Yes, you can change your first name on your Facebook account to include your middle name. To do so, go to your account settings, click on "Name," and then edit your first name to include your middle name. Keep in mind that Facebook has a limit on how often you can change your name, so make sure you are happy with the new name before saving the changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • esavvymom