• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Paypal to Print Shipping Labels for First Class Mail

like a magazine with a store ad in it, for example. You can use Paypal to ship items that were not purchased with PayPal, but there is no direct link for the "print shipping label." The instructions I outlined above are for non-fulfillment type shipments.
babywings76
Gold Member
I like to go to USPS.com to do my host packet with priority mail, but when I need to mail out receipts and a SB to a host, it's a lot lighter and cheaper to send regular first class. I can go to the PO and do it, but I hate to lug around my 2 little kiddos. A while back someone said you can use Pay Pal to do it. I was trying to look into that today, but for some reason or other I can't figure it out easily. Can anyone guide me through the process step by step? Also, will the label be a small-ish type that I will put at the top right corner area, or is it really large? I've already addressed the manilla clasp envelope, so I didn't know if this method will print out a huge thing that will cover it all up weird. KWIM?

The labels that print through PayPal are large - about 1/2 a sheet of paper. In PayPal, go to PayPal Multi Order Shipping. It's on the left of the My Account page, under Tools.
A new window will open. This is the multi order shipping tool, and this is where it gets a little confusing if you haven't used it much.There's a dialog box pop up that will open to let you import data. I don't use this. If you don't want to, either, there's a check box at the bottom to keep it from popping up the next time you open the tool.Now that you're in the tool, you need to start an order. Click File, then Create New Order. You'll get another pop-up that has areas for you to enter the details of the envelope/package. Some of them you can skip (like order details - that's for item numbers, etc.). Once you get it all set up, you can save a commonly-used setting as a preset so that you don't need to type it all in next time.For example, when I ship jewelry, I've found that a lot of the shipments end up to be 3 ounces in a padded envelope. So I have a preset called 3oz jewelry that has package/large envelope as the package type, 3 oz as the weight and first class mail as the mailing type. Then all I need to do is enter the recipient's address.Once you have all the info entered for the package, click Save and Continue. You'll see that item added on the main screen. To mail another, go to File then Create New Order again and repeat the steps above. You'll see each item added to the list.To pay and print, select the orders you want to continue with, and then click "print", which is right under "File" above the "orders to ship" tab. While you have things selected, you can also schedule a pickup, etc.After it prints, cut the label portion off the sheet (you don't have to use actual labels - you can print on plain paper and tape it to the packages). Attach it following the directions: don't tape over the bar code and don't wrap the label around the edge of the package.

The last time I checked, you could only generate labels in Paypal for first class mail for things you were paid with Paypal. In other words, it's a shipping label for your order fulfillment, not general mail.Have things changed? That would be really cool if so.

Thanks Ann! I'm going through the steps right now to try it out. Does anyone know the difference between First Class Mail Parcel, Media Mail, and Parcel Post--what types of things we might ship hosts/customers that fall in those categories?

Joy, you can use PayPal to send things that weren't purchased with PayPal. There won't be a direct link for the "print shipping label," though. The instructions I outlined above are for non-fulfillment type shipments.Amanda, you'll get different answers to your question about the different classes depending on who you ask. Some Postmasters say that any printed matter (no handwriting) can go Media Mail, some say it's for non-commercial items, so no catalogs or receipts. Media is slower than First Class, as it's "space available" type shipping. First Class Parcel is for First Class mail that's bigger than a typical envelope, or thicker than 3/4 inch. First Class Parcel or Priority will be what you'll use most for PC mailings.BTW, if you're mailing things like receipts that aren't heavy but more than one ounce, it's cheaper to just have stamps to put on that add up to the postage. PayPal shipping automatically adds the 18-cent delivery confirmation, and that adds up when you're mailing a lot of things.

Media Mail is for media that does not contain advertising. Basically, anything you can check out of a library is considered eligible for media mail. A receipt can be included in the shipment of media, but if you're shipping, say, a stack of show receipts that's not media mail eligible. You are correct about Media Mail being the last thing on the truck. If there's no room, it waits for the next truck.First Class mail is for envelopes and parcels up to 13 ounces. Delivery time is generally 3-5 business days, faster if you're just across town.Parcel Post is for envelopes and parcels over 13 ounces and up to 70 pounds (the maximum weight you can ship by USPS). Delivery time is generally 7-10 business days, again, faster if you're just across town.Priority Mail is an upgraded version of First Class Mail and Parcel Post because it goes on the truck before either of them. There are flat rate envelopes and parcels of varying sizes, or you can use your own packaging. Delivery time is generally 2-3 business days.Delivery confirmation can be added to any package for an additional fee, but there are some restrictions for the lower classes of mail. First Class Mail must meet minimum thickness to be eligible for DC. Purchasing your postage online through USPS.com will get you a lower postage rate as well. For example, you will pay $4.95 plus $0.65 for a Priority Mail envelope plus DC at the post office but if you buy online you pay only $4.80 and DC is free.

What is Paypal?

Paypal is an online payment system that allows individuals and businesses to send and receive money securely and conveniently. It is a popular choice for online transactions, including purchasing and shipping items.

How do I print shipping labels for first class mail using Paypal?

To print shipping labels for first class mail using Paypal, you will first need to have a Paypal account. Once you have an account, you can go to the "Tools" section and select "Multi-Order Shipping." From there, you can enter the necessary information for your shipment, including the recipient's address and package weight. Finally, you can select the USPS First Class Mail option and click "Print Label" to print your shipping label.

What are the benefits of using Paypal to print shipping labels for first class mail?

Using Paypal to print shipping labels for first class mail offers several benefits. It is a convenient and time-saving option, as you can print labels directly from your computer. Additionally, Paypal offers discounted shipping rates for USPS First Class Mail, which can save you money on your shipping costs.

Do I need a special printer to print shipping labels with Paypal?

No, you do not need a special printer to print shipping labels with Paypal. You can use a regular printer to print your labels, as long as it can print on regular paper. However, if you plan on printing a large number of labels, you may want to consider investing in a thermal label printer for more efficient and cost-effective printing.

What happens after I print a shipping label with Paypal?

After you print a shipping label with Paypal, you will need to affix it to your package and ship it using the designated shipping method. You can then track your shipment using the tracking number provided on the label. Paypal also offers seller protection for eligible shipments, providing added security for your transactions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jwpamp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • susanr613