• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upset After Unsuccessful Housewarming Pampered Chef Party

In summary, Debbie's hostess did not specify to her guests that it was a PC show. She had prepared food and gifts for the party, but only a few guests showed up
MeesMom3
I am really upset. I had a show this past weekend. It was suppose to be a housewarming show so I asked the hostess to get me a wishlist. She never did. She went on and on about how many of the people coming had never been to PC parties so I was going to get a lot of new customers. She had 26 rsvp's! So I'm thinking "great! This could be my 1st 1000.00 show this year!" I haven't had one since November so I'm ready to have another! Anyway, she wanted 2 taco rings, mexican bean dip, a punch, and fruit dessert pizza! She wanted everything but the dessert done ahead of time so that they could eat while watching the demo. Lots of food, but I just knew I could get some great leads and good orders so that was fine. So I busted my back pockets getting that food ready. She did have 24 of the rsvp's show up, only they kept coming in with wrapped gifts. So I introduced myself as they came in and made a little joke like "HI, I'm the PC lady if my apron didn't give it away already!"...hahaha.....you guys know the drill. And most of them gave me a weird look and would just respond with "ok" or "oohhh".

So the demo went great, everyone loved the products and then before I got any orders, my hostess wanted to open her gifts. So I had to sit there while she did that (I had no choice...noone had given me orders). Finally, she was done. I only got orders from half of the people there and MAYBE an average of 20 bucks per order. So I was a little disappointed after the show. Well then, the next day, the hostess' cousin called me and said that she wanted to let me know that when the hostess sent her invitations, she DID NOT put down that it was a PC party, only that is was a housewarming party. And she was told not to tell me anything, but she decided to tell me because she felt I should know.

So that explains the dazed look on these people's faces as they had NO IDEA they were coming to a PC show. They had already spent money on the gifts. That's why half of them didn't order and if they did, they placed very small orders. I feel like I was deceived and so were the guests. Basically, I feel like she used me as a cheap caterer and if she got a PC show out of it, then that was extra for her. I don't know what to do? Should I confront her about this? I absolutely hate confrontations, so part of me says "hey I got another show, got another booking out of it, and got some new customers" so just let it go. Plus, I don't know this family outside of PC and I certainly don't want to cause any friction between her and her cousin.I just don't know what to do.

I apologize for the lengthy post, I just need some advice.

Last edited:
I think you should askIt doesn't hurt to ask her if she specified to her guests if this was actually a PC show. Tell her you thought the guests would be shopping from you for her housewarming gifts. Tell her that you noticed the people who showed up were surprised that you were there.
Also did she pay for any of the ingredients to the food? If not now is the time to send her a bill. At least for some of it. Tell her that you usually have people reimburse you after the show is over.
I am sorry you had to experience this, but at least you can put this behind you and hopefully find much more positive shows. I would have been disappointed too. You were deceived and if her own cousin thought you should know, I think you should at least tell her that you expected guests to place orders for her through your show! Let us know what happens.

Debbie :D

Debbie,

She did purchase the ingredients, so at least I don't have to worry about that. But still, she basically got catering for like 30 bucks! That's good advice. If I tell her that I got a "vibe" from the guests that they didn't know about the PC show, then I don't have to say anything about her cousin calling. Let me ask you this, do you mail out the invitations for your hostesses? I know that some consultants do this and I never have, but maybe that would eliminate this every happening again.

Stephanie I too am sorry you had this experience. I don't think the host was fair to you at all. Do talk to her like Debbie wrote and see what she says. As far as all the food goes I sure hope she intends to pay you for a good "chunk" of it--that is so much more than any of us would do for a show. Sounds like she was truly taking advantage of you unless she had no clue about a real Pampered Chef party except knowing you would have food.

So sorry. Some people's children!I would ask her about it.

Harriet,

I think I am going to take yours and Debbie's advice and talk to her. The hostess had many PC products and had hosted a show a couple of years ago with another consultant so she should know the drill. I just work so hard to make sure each hostess gets impeccable service from me. The only thing I expect from my hostesses is the TRUTH at the very least!

InvitationsI do mail out invitations, and on occasion if I have a host that is a veteran that I know I can trust, I let her mail them out if I know she wants to. Sometimes she just doesn't have those addresses and names in a convenient place to email them to me all at once.

I once had a host who kept her family and friend's addresses on pieces of paper taped to her fridge, in her address book, some in her car in napkins, etc...you get the idea. So she mailed them out and it was a great show.

I think it's a great idea for you to talk to her. Maybe it will get her to make up for some of the show and collect a large number of outside orders. I think it's horrible she put these people on the spot without letting them know you were there and so they placed small orders to be nice. I bet if they had known you would have had a really great show. They would have had you just place those orders and the boxes just delivered to the hostess. No wrapping, or anything. Hope it turns out well. Be sure to mention that the show total was low and try to encourage her to contact those who didn't make it, neighbors, co-workers, etc... who might not have given her a gift yet.

Debbie :D

I just can't stand when people lie to me!!! And I especially can't stand it when they purposely lie at the expense of others to get what they want. I think I must have "HUMAN DOORMAT" branded on my forehead or something. This is not the first time I've gotten "the shaft" from hostesses. Oh well, when this type of thing happens I just remember a passage from psalms 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace." ;)

I too am sorry this happened to you!! I would ask her and tell her how you feel.

MeesMom3 said:
I just can't stand when people lie to me!!! And I especially can't stand it when they purposely lie at the expense of others to get what they want. I think I must have "HUMAN DOORMAT" branded on my forehead or something. This is not the first time I've gotten "the shaft" from hostesses. Oh well, when this type of thing happens I just remember a passage from psalms 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace." ;)

I always think of this verse when it comes to my grandmother. And, the one about Peacemakers inheriting the earth.
I think maybe this is just a learning experience. Just bless and release. There's no sense in asking, what purpose will it serve other than to cause friction between you and her and possibly her cousin. Just make sure you fix it in the future so you will not be used again like this.

Sorry that you had such a lousy host!

Stephanie~

I am so sorry this happened to you! I would ask her about it, too, especially since you could TELL that the guests were shocked that you were greeting them. Well, OK, I say that I would ask her...but I am probably like you are and really hate confrontations.

So she reimbursed you for all of your expenses? If not, I would somehow see about getting the rest of it if possible. I hate to sound like a human doormat too, but I would probably just let it go aside from the $$ she needs to give you. God will bless you for doing business in the right manner and not deceiving people like this lady obviously did.

You got a booking from someone there?

Also- you mentioned sending out invites. I have done that for over a year now and it has made a tremendous difference in my attendance. I think there are many times that hosts forget to get the invites out in time and then just don't do it at all! Plus, you are seeing exactly how many people are getting invited, too, and can coach to get more if needed. I am going to start telling them that they need to reimburse me for postage unless they give me the full 35 names and addresses. Hopefully this will encourage them to invite more people, since otherwise they need to give me .39 each. (I am mailing out full size invites...not the HO postcards...)

Ugh! I hope this works out for you!

She purchased the ingredients and I showed up about 1 1/2 hours before the show to prepare the food at her house. So no, the ingredients expense all came out of her pocket. And I did get a booking from her show. It just made me sick to my stomach to see all the gifts that she got.....gift certificates of $50, $75 and even $100 to various places like Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Dillards, Pier 1 Imports. All of that could have been sales for this show. So when you guys send out the invites, do you pay for the postage or does the hostess?

crazy4dabug said:
I always think of this verse when it comes to my grandmother. And, the one about Peacemakers inheriting the earth.
I think maybe this is just a learning experience. Just bless and release. There's no sense in asking, what purpose will it serve other than to cause friction between you and her and possibly her cousin. Just make sure you fix it in the future so you will not be used again like this.

Oh, I see you are from Midland! So we are West Texas neighbors! I lived there for about 2 years when I was first married. Don't you just love that smell of oil in the air early in the mornings?!?!?

I don't like to ruff up feathers w/people either but I would still ask........I was just wondering if your guests from the other night knew they were attending a PC party?? They seemed confused!! I hope none of them were upset if they didn't know!! PC parties are fun, but people need to know what they are getting into.

I would then do follow up calls with everyone, and if any of them say they didn't know tell them your a sorry and hope that they can still look to you for all there PC needs.

If this host broadsided you and her "friends" it's not right!! Ask anybody that this has happened to. Years ago a friend ask me over for tea and when I came there was a nice lady selling Partylite!! I didn't bring any money with me and was upset that she hadn't told me before hand. I still would have come, but she didn't have to lie to me:rolleyes:

MeesMom3 said:
It just made me sick to my stomach to see all the gifts that she got.....gift certificates of $50, $75 and even $100 to various places like Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Dillards, Pier 1 Imports. All of that could have been sales for this show.

Sheer greed!!!:eek: Can you imagine coming to somebodies housewarming with a $100.00 gift certificate and then you find out it's a PC party:eek:

Gee I'm sorry this happened to you still, I hope that this booking turns out to be your BEST show yet!

rennea said:
I don't like to ruff up feathers w/people either but I would still ask........I was just wondering if your guests from the other night knew they were attending a PC party?? They seemed confused!! I hope none of them were upset if they didn't know!! PC parties are fun, but people need to know what they are getting into.....:

No, none of them knew that she was having a PC show except her cousin, her mother in law, and her sister in law. Her cousin was the person who called me and told me that the hostess didn't tell anyone that it was a PC show.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the amount of food you had to prepare.First off, you need to take control of YOUR business. You tell your hosts that as a courtesy to them (because of busy lives, etc) that you will send out the invitations, e-invitations and make the reminder phone calls. I use PostCalls.com and would be happy to email you a referral letter so you can get a great price. You also need to tell them a specific date to get the completed guest list back to you. Make sure you coach your host to invite people from all over - not just locally - and to give you as much info as possible. I like to tell my hosts that I will not add anyone to my emailing list unless I specifically ask them and they say yes. And I do follow that policy.Then, I tell them the monthly recipe I am making. I make ONE RECIPE and ONE RECIPE only! There have been special occasions where I wanted to make two for extra bookings or sales, but the second one in an easy one like the Fluted Stoneware Microwave Cake. This month I made the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle. For people who booked a March show off another March show, I changed up the ingredients a bit (Orange Berry, Orange Pineapple), but the recipe was the same. I choose a recipe based on the host special for the next month or the month after that (if I am already full). I also tell the host that if s/he wants to have some opposite food (savory food when I'm making sweet) for people to munch on, that would be great. I usually give her an idea of something simple like a dip made with our spices (and I will provide the spice) and chips or veggies. I make sure to explain that it is not a meal and that it needs to look easy in order for him/her to get bookings and thus the booking benefit. When I talk about the booking benefit, I talk about the next few months that we know the specials and choose a specific product to point out. For example, "when your friend hosts a show in May, you can choose our fabulous platter or the HWC bowls. Which one would you like?" If they choose one, use that as a booking tool at the show. If they want both, coach them to get two or three bookings for that month.So, whenever I get a host that wants to make a feast, great. I encourage him/her to make PC recipes and usually provide him/her with a Season's Best. I will also find out which SA pieces s/he wants to use to lay out the food. Then at the show, I make sure to thank the host and let the guests know that this is not a prerequisite of having a show.HTH

No matter how many times you tell a child not to touch the hot stove, how do they finally learn not to touch the hot stove? It's a tough lesson but experience is not usually transferable.We all, at least most of us, have been burned this way. In my case, it was a certain organization of "old" ladies with a certain identifyable item of brightly colored milinary. Never again - I got screwed on that deal and as a result of it, lost a past host that I'll never deal with again. (Some hosts are just so high maintenance that they just aren't worth the effort.)

I did a Bunco Party for my SIL... she even asked me to write up a fun flyer to invite them all... even though they were all coming anyway... which did.. .and it was really cute... but by the looks and bewilderment on the faces of nearly all the participants... she NEVER sent out the cute flyer... with this particular person, I should have known better... I do now! If she hosts again... I'LL be sending the invites! I'm so sorry for what you are going through because I've been there... sheer desire to strangle comes to mind... but I kept smiling and got through it... I did get bookings ... a mediocre show ... but none of the bookings have followed through so far... grrrr..

Normally I do make only 1 recipe, but as I mentioned before I really wanted to go above and beyond for this lady because she SEEMED to be doing the same. So that's why I agreed to prepare so much food.

update: I received an email from this hostess this morning. She wanted to thank me for all of my hard work and how all of her guests went on and on about what a "great cook" I am and how she wishes she could cook like that!
Nothing about PC, only about my wonderful cooking skills........CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!??!!?? I am so mad I could spit fire right now!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MeesMom3 said:
Normally I do make only 1 recipe, but as I mentioned before I really wanted to go above and beyond for this lady because she SEEMED to be doing the same. So that's why I agreed to prepare so much food.

update: I received an email from this hostess this morning. She wanted to thank me for all of my hard work and how all of her guests went on and on about what a "great cook" I am and how she wishes she could cook like that!
Nothing about PC, only about my wonderful cooking skills........CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!??!!?? I am so mad I could spit fire right now!!!

WOW! She must have you confused with a caterer! I think I would gently remind her that the only way you get paid is if people buy products.....not by how well you cook!

May you could email her suggesting that she email some friends and family that could not make it to her housewarming with a link to your website/her online show mentioning that since sales were low this would be a way for her to get even more freebies and discounts?

*snugs* on being used.

Oh My goodness... I am so sorry this happen to you... I would so email her and set her stright, in a Christ like way but you know what I mean from a business stand point that to me just seems like she wasted your time and engery and used you BIG TIME!!

cmdtrgd said:
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the amount of food you had to prepare.

First off, you need to take control of YOUR business. You tell your hosts that as a courtesy to them (because of busy lives, etc) that you will send out the invitations, e-invitations and make the reminder phone calls. I use PostCalls.com and would be happy to email you a referral letter so you can get a great price. You also need to tell them a specific date to get the completed guest list back to you. Make sure you coach your host to invite people from all over - not just locally - and to give you as much info as possible. I like to tell my hosts that I will not add anyone to my emailing list unless I specifically ask them and they say yes. And I do follow that policy.

Then, I tell them the monthly recipe I am making. I make ONE RECIPE and ONE RECIPE only! There have been special occasions where I wanted to make two for extra bookings or sales, but the second one in an easy one like the Fluted Stoneware Microwave Cake. This month I made the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle. For people who booked a March show off another March show, I changed up the ingredients a bit (Orange Berry, Orange Pineapple), but the recipe was the same.

I choose a recipe based on the host special for the next month or the month after that (if I am already full). I also tell the host that if s/he wants to have some opposite food (savory food when I'm making sweet) for people to munch on, that would be great. I usually give her an idea of something simple like a dip made with our spices (and I will provide the spice) and chips or veggies. I make sure to explain that it is not a meal and that it needs to look easy in order for him/her to get bookings and thus the booking benefit. When I talk about the booking benefit, I talk about the next few months that we know the specials and choose a specific product to point out. For example, "when your friend hosts a show in May, you can choose our fabulous platter or the HWC bowls. Which one would you like?" If they choose one, use that as a booking tool at the show. If they want both, coach them to get two or three bookings for that month.

So, whenever I get a host that wants to make a feast, great. I encourage him/her to make PC recipes and usually provide him/her with a Season's Best. I will also find out which SA pieces s/he wants to use to lay out the food. Then at the show, I make sure to thank the host and let the guests know that this is not a prerequisite of having a show.

HTH

I couldn't have said it better!

I do think you should talk to this woman, tell her that it came to your attention that her guests were not aware they were coming to a PC party. She was deceitful and it sucks.

Take a deep breath, encourage your host to get more outside orders and close her show. Kill her with kindness. She if she wants to rebook in a few months when she doesn't have a housewarming as an excuse and it may work out better.Be really nice to the person who booked a show from you, but be up front from the start that you won't be cooking that many dishes and to make sure she tells everyone they are going to a PC party.

MeesMom3 said:

Remind her to tell your guests that you are a good cook because you USE AND SELL PC products. I'm appalled by her gall in a way...you need to find a way to politely tell her that you run a PC business, you don't make anything when you don't sell and although you are glad she had a good housewarming, you lost quite a few dollars in business because you were there for PC and she didn't tell them that... (Good luck wording that kindly)... I'm all for killing with kindness, but she does need to understand...

This is why I wonder if she really understood that what a Pampered Chef show really is. Seems to me she wanted a "Pampered Chef" who uses nice products and not so much to buy from. Just my opinion.

pamperedharriet said:
This is why I wonder if she really understood that what a Pampered Chef show really is. Seems to me she wanted a "Pampered Chef" who uses nice products and not so much to buy from. Just my opinion.

Harriet,

I see where you are coming from, but if she really thought PC shows were all about someone coming to "cook for her" , then why be so secretive with everyone? Why would she not want to tell the guests that is was a PC show? And why would she tell her cousin not to mention to me that PC wasn't included on the invite? She told me that she had hosted a show before and had been to a lot of them. She had several products that I could see. I'm going to work on what I need to say to her......i'll be polite, but I want her to know that I will NEVER be treated that way again.

AND....even if she thought that it was your job to just come cook.....that would be a caterer, and caterers charge alot of money for their services.....she got you for free - so she must think you love to do this just for the fun, and out of the goodness of your own heart, right?

Good luck Stephanie on dealing with this issue. It is hard to figure out exactly what she thought and didn't think. There is definately something wrong on how she treated the situation. I still can't get over that she had to open her presents in front of you too. She sounds like someone who likes to take advantage of others.

I would vent it out here, then kill her with kindness. All of the guests know what she did.

Sweetly, tell her that you know she is probably disappointed in the sales and that you, kind of, are too. Let her know that this is your income and that is why you worked sooo hard trying to make the food she wanted so she and her friends would be happy, buy a lot of products for her and book lots of shows.

Let her know that the best thing she can do for both of you is to treat it like a catalog show and collect orders. If she isn't willing then ask her if she can at least see if any of her other friends and family would like to have a show. Then she can get the 60% off the upcoming specials and you will have the bookings you should have had.

It will be tricky, but if you practice it will work.

Whatever you do, don't tell her off because you will be the *itchy Pampered Chef Lady. Everything you did will be for nothing.

Chefgirl2 said:
I would vent it out here, then kill her with kindness. All of the guests know what she did.

Sweetly, tell her that you know she is probably disappointed in the sales and that you, kind of, are too. Let her know that this is your income and that is why you worked sooo hard trying to make the food she wanted so she and her friends would be happy, buy a lot of products for her and book lots of shows.

Let her know that the best thing she can do for both of you is to treat it like a catalog show and collect orders. If she isn't willing then ask her if she can at least see if any of her other friends and family would like to have a show. Then she can get the 60% off the upcoming specials and you will have the bookings you should have had.

It will be tricky, but if you practice it will work.

Whatever you do, don't tell her off because you will be the *itchy Pampered Chef Lady. Everything you did will be for nothing.

As always, well worded!

Ok, I've responded to my "good cook" compliments. This is what I sent her this afternoon:

Good Afternoon Satan disguised as a Hostess! (I used her name, but this is really what I wanted to call her)

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments on my cooking. I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the food. However, I think that my main objective was not accomplished.

In all honesty, I am not a great cook or anywhere near being a culinary expert. I am a busy wife and mother of 3 and like many, I am always looking for ways to simplify and shorten my time in the kitchen so that more time can be spent with my family. I joined the Pampered Chef for that very reason. I saw a wonderful opportunity to share excellent, time saving products with my customers so that they too, could spend less time in their kitchens. My main objective is to help hostesses and their guests purchase these items to acheive that same goal. And of course, in return, I am able to financially contribute to my family. I am very honest and forthcoming with anyone who allows me the opportunity to provide them my services. And all I expect in return is the same courtesy. It was brought to my attention that most of your guests were unaware that your housewarming party was a PC show. It was my understanding that by hosting a PC housewarming party, your guests would purchase your housewarming gifts from the catalog. If they chose to not do this, of course, that would have been fine. That being said, I feel it was probably against better judgement to not mention the PC show to your guests. I would never want a guest to feel as if they were mislead or deceived in anyway and I'm sure you would not want your friends to feel this way either. I don't presume to know your motivation behind not letting them know about the PC show, but please know that I felt a little uncomfortable trying to sell products to people who had no idea I was going to be there, especially when many of them spent a great amount of money on the gift they brought for you.

I put much effort into your show, as I prepared much more food than I would normally prepare. Again, my goal is to sell the products, not neccessarily the recipes. I did this with the assumption that many people would want to purchase products as you implied before your show. I can't help but feel embarrassed by how this experience unfolded. I'm sure it has been an uncomfortable situation for you as well.

To make a long story short, I am not a culinary expert or a professional cook. I represent Pampered Chef and their quality products and those products are what make my business thrive, not my cooking skills. I know of some wonderful caterers that would be more than happy to help you will large quantities of food if you ever need that type of service in the future. And when you are needing great cooking tools, I would be more than happy to help you in that area again as well. However, I will ask that when hosting a show in the future, that each guest be made aware of the show before hand. That way, everyone can relax and have a great time. Thank you for allowing me to meet your family and friends. I'm sure that our next show together will be less confusing and a huge success for you.

I wanted to use good manners, yet still get my point across. Too much?

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good to me!!!!

I think that sounded excellent - you sounded very professional. I have to admit that I cracked up when I read "Satan disguised as a Hostess"!!!

Let us know her reply!

Great letter Stephanie! I hope she responds well to it. You should feel better getting that "off" your chest as well.

Great letter Stephanie..... I hope that she responds to it and you get the response that your looking for to and including "OH I am sorry" .... and I am glad that you were able to get it off your chest in a kind and professional way.

I think that's a great letter Stephanie!

Stephanie~

You said everything that needed to be said in a very professional way! Hopefully she reads that and is mortified by her own actions. Even if it goes over her head, you handled yourself soooooo well! I can't imagine that anyone else could have said it any better!

You MUST keep us posted if she replies or calls you back!!

Way to put her in her place without stooping to her (sleazy) level!

Be proud of yourself...and we are all proud of you for holding your ground and setting the record straight so hopefully she doesn't pull this kind of crap on anyone else!

Rock on sister!

Great job!

You rock!! Excellent email, you put it so much better then I could have ever done so. I can't wait to hear of her response.

That was graceful and very well put. She knows that you know...

Even though your letter was honest and well said, I think you are going to make this hostess really mad. You accused her of something and you didn't get her side of the story first before sending her that message.She is going to read into that email that you think she is dishonest, taking advantage of you and greedy. I got this message just by reading that in the email, and I didn't even attend your show.In all honesty even though she bought the ingredients beforehand, you should have told her that you were not going to cook that much food in advance if that is what you don't normally do. I have had hosts tell me they want tons of food, and I tell them what I am going to cook, and that's it. If they want more food, they are responsible for it themselves. They don't seem to mind that and usually have other things made as well.

sailortena said:
Even though your letter was honest and well said, I think you are going to make this hostess really mad. You accused her of something and you didn't get her side of the story first before sending her that message.

She is going to read into that email that you think she is dishonest, taking advantage of you and greedy. I got this message just by reading that in the email, and I didn't even attend your show.

In all honesty even though she bought the ingredients beforehand, you should have told her that you were not going to cook that much food in advance if that is what you don't normally do.

I have had hosts tell me they want tons of food, and I tell them what I am going to cook, and that's it. If they want more food, they are responsible for it themselves. They don't seem to mind that and usually have other things made as well.

I see your point and thank you for your concern. However, there were no accusations of greed in my letter to this hostess. Also as far as dishonest, anyone with a conscience would know that when you say "Don't tell Stephanie (which is me) that I didn't put the Pampered Chef show on the invitation", and "I didn't tell my guests that is was a Pampered Chef show because I wanted a lot of people to come"....that IS dishonesty. And she may take offense to it, but it is what it is. I feel that people should own up to their actions and if there are consequences that come with their choices, then you must accept that. Regardless of what her side the story is, the bottom line is that she purposely left out information on both sides and made many people uncomfortable.

You are right, I should have stuck to my guns and said, " I don't normally prepare this much food. If you want some extra dishes I would be happy to give you some great PC recipes." Hard lesson learned for me. I'll know better next time. Thanks for the advice

The letter is sent now, and can't be taken back. But I will say that I feel in my heart that I did the right thing for myself. It may not be the right thing for everyone, but I do feel it was right for me. As much as I would like to continue business with her and her guests, she may very well choose not to have me as her consultant. If that is the result then that will be the consequence of MY actions. Either way, I will stand tall (well not really, I'm only 5 ft 0 in, but you know what I mean) and know that I stood behind my principles! For now, it's just a waiting game...so we'll see. :eek:

I understand where Tena is coming from. This issue would probably have been better dealt with via phone than sending a letter. But the letter was very well written and is now sent, so there is no taking it back.

I always tells my consultants that email is for information only. It is not for building relationships, host coaching, solving problems, and the like. It is for sending a list of recipe ingredients or confirming directions to a show. We need to pick up the phone more!

I think this will be one of those hostesses that we bless and release....

DebbieJ said:
I understand where Tena is coming from. This issue would probably have been better dealt with via phone than sending a letter. But the letter was very well written and is now sent, so there is no taking it back.

I always tells my consultants that email is for information only. It is not for building relationships, host coaching, solving problems, and the like. It is for sending a list of recipe ingredients or confirming directions to a show. We need to pick up the phone more!

I think this will be one of those hostesses that we bless and release....

I tried the phone twice, but no answer.

I understand the e-mail point, but sometimes e-mail is good, such in this case when there is no answer and also she has written proof that she handled the situation well and was polite.

I understand the point too that there are always "2 sides" to the story, but according to Stephanie she wanted to host a PC party and then deceived the consultant and made attempts to tell others not to tell the consultant. That is wrong and childish and needs some "correction" and information.

Hopefully it'll work out in the end, if not and she likes PC...she'll move on to another victim, I mean consultant. Stephanie may lose a little business, but she's already lost more in time and effort here...

janetupnorth said:
I understand the e-mail point, but sometimes e-mail is good, such in this case when there is no answer and also she has written proof that she handled the situation well and was polite.

I understand the point too that there are always "2 sides" to the story, but according to Stephanie she wanted to host a PC party and then deceived the consultant and made attempts to tell others not to tell the consultant. That is wrong and childish and needs some "correction" and information.

Hopefully it'll work out in the end, if not and she likes PC...she'll move on to another victim, I mean consultant. Stephanie may lose a little business, but she's already lost more in time and effort here...

Dido!!

I'm glad that you feel better Stephanie, it feels good to stand up for yourself dosen't! And you did it with grace;)

UPDATE: Got a call from the hostess. First, she APOLOGIZED. Yeah! Second, she said that the last show she hosted was a couple of years ago and didn't have good attendance and the consultant seemed irritated. She said that she worried about that this time and so she took the advice of a sister in law who told her not to mention the PC show. She said it backfired and had a few of her guests ask her why she didn't include the PC show on the invite. That doesn't explain why she kept it from me, but hey she knows she messed up, so there's no use in adding salt to the wound...I left it alone. So now, I don't think her and the sis in law are not getting along to well, but that's none of my business so I changed the subject when she began talking about that. She is very embarrassed and would like to host a show in the future with me if I would be willing. So I told her I will help her improve her attendance next time. She also has collected 4 more outside orders and her show should close around $400...we are closing tonight. So all is well that ends well. I was polite, honest, and stood firm and it worked out this time. This could have easily gone the other way, but thankfully it didn't. Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, and great advice on this situation guys. I did a lot of praying about this myself. So I'll leave you guys with this:

Colossians 3:23: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not unto men.

Make it a great day!

Last edited:
<h2>1. What can I do if my hostess did not provide me with a wishlist for my Pampered Chef party?</h2><p>If your hostess did not provide you with a wishlist, you can reach out to her and politely ask if she can create one for you. You can also suggest that she ask her guests to create a wishlist before the party to ensure that you have a successful event.</p><h2>2. How can I handle guests who were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party?</h2><p>If guests were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party, it is best to handle the situation with grace and professionalism. You can explain to them that the party is a combination of a housewarming and a Pampered Chef demonstration and assure them that they are not obligated to make any purchases.</p><h2>3. Should I confront my hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests?</h2><p>It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to confront your hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests. However, it is important to approach the situation calmly and professionally. You can express your disappointment and discuss ways to prevent this from happening in the future, but try to avoid causing any friction between the hostess and her family.</p><h2>4. How can I prevent this situation from happening again in the future?</h2><p>To prevent this situation from happening again in the future, it is important to communicate clearly with your hostess and make sure she understands the purpose of the party and the expectations for her guests. You can also suggest that she include the Pampered Chef party information on the invitations to avoid any confusion.</p><h2>5. Is it worth it to continue working with this hostess?</h2><p>Ultimately, the decision to continue working with this hostess is up to you. Consider the potential benefits and drawbacks of continuing the relationship. It may be helpful to have a conversation with the hostess and discuss your concerns before making a decision.</p>

1. What can I do if my hostess did not provide me with a wishlist for my Pampered Chef party?

If your hostess did not provide you with a wishlist, you can reach out to her and politely ask if she can create one for you. You can also suggest that she ask her guests to create a wishlist before the party to ensure that you have a successful event.

2. How can I handle guests who were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party?

If guests were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party, it is best to handle the situation with grace and professionalism. You can explain to them that the party is a combination of a housewarming and a Pampered Chef demonstration and assure them that they are not obligated to make any purchases.

3. Should I confront my hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests?

It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to confront your hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests. However, it is important to approach the situation calmly and professionally. You can express your disappointment and discuss ways to prevent this from happening in the future, but try to avoid causing any friction between the hostess and her family.

4. How can I prevent this situation from happening again in the future?

To prevent this situation from happening again in the future, it is important to communicate clearly with your hostess and make sure she understands the purpose of the party and the expectations for her guests. You can also suggest that she include the Pampered Chef party information on the invitations to avoid any confusion.

5. Is it worth it to continue working with this hostess?

Ultimately, the decision to continue working with this hostess is up to you. Consider the potential benefits and drawbacks of continuing the relationship. It may be helpful to have a conversation with the hostess and discuss your concerns before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amyskitchen2