• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upset After Unsuccessful Housewarming Pampered Chef Party

In summary, Debbie's hostess did not specify to her guests that it was a PC show. She had prepared food and gifts for the party, but only a few guests showed up
MeesMom3 said:
UPDATE: Got a call from the hostess. First, she APOLOGIZED. Yeah! Second, she said that the last show she hosted was a couple of years ago and didn't have good attendance and the consultant seemed irritated. She said that she worried about that this time and so she took the advice of a sister in law who told her not to mention the PC show. She said it backfired and had a few of her guests ask her why she didn't include the PC show on the invite. That doesn't explain why she kept it from me, but hey she knows she messed up, so there's no use in adding salt to the wound...I left it alone. So now, I don't think her and the sis in law are getting along to well, but that's none of my business so I changed the subject when she began talking about that. She is very embarrassed and would like to host a show in the future with me if I would be willing. So I told her I will help her improve her attendance next time. She also has collected 4 more outside orders and her show should close around $400...we are closing tonight. So all is well that ends well. I was polite, honest, and stood firm and it worked out this time. This could have easily gone the other way, but thankfully it didn't. Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, and great advice on this situation guys. I did a lot of praying about this myself. So I'll leave you guys with this:

Colossians 3:23: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not unto men.

Make it a great day!

Awesome, it worked out well, she knows she messed up, is willing to correct it and hopefully you've started to build an honest relationship. Help her as much as you can next time and maybe in the learning what works and doesn't, she'll learn to be a great customer, host, and who knows, maybe someday a consultant after she sees how you handled the situation.

Yeah for good results!

That is great Stephanie! I am glad she was "a big girl" and called you back to apologize. Nice to hear a happy ending.

I'm glad to hear that it worked out.

<h2>1. What can I do if my hostess did not provide me with a wishlist for my Pampered Chef party?</h2><p>If your hostess did not provide you with a wishlist, you can reach out to her and politely ask if she can create one for you. You can also suggest that she ask her guests to create a wishlist before the party to ensure that you have a successful event.</p><h2>2. How can I handle guests who were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party?</h2><p>If guests were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party, it is best to handle the situation with grace and professionalism. You can explain to them that the party is a combination of a housewarming and a Pampered Chef demonstration and assure them that they are not obligated to make any purchases.</p><h2>3. Should I confront my hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests?</h2><p>It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to confront your hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests. However, it is important to approach the situation calmly and professionally. You can express your disappointment and discuss ways to prevent this from happening in the future, but try to avoid causing any friction between the hostess and her family.</p><h2>4. How can I prevent this situation from happening again in the future?</h2><p>To prevent this situation from happening again in the future, it is important to communicate clearly with your hostess and make sure she understands the purpose of the party and the expectations for her guests. You can also suggest that she include the Pampered Chef party information on the invitations to avoid any confusion.</p><h2>5. Is it worth it to continue working with this hostess?</h2><p>Ultimately, the decision to continue working with this hostess is up to you. Consider the potential benefits and drawbacks of continuing the relationship. It may be helpful to have a conversation with the hostess and discuss your concerns before making a decision.</p>

1. What can I do if my hostess did not provide me with a wishlist for my Pampered Chef party?

If your hostess did not provide you with a wishlist, you can reach out to her and politely ask if she can create one for you. You can also suggest that she ask her guests to create a wishlist before the party to ensure that you have a successful event.

2. How can I handle guests who were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party?

If guests were not aware they were attending a Pampered Chef party, it is best to handle the situation with grace and professionalism. You can explain to them that the party is a combination of a housewarming and a Pampered Chef demonstration and assure them that they are not obligated to make any purchases.

3. Should I confront my hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests?

It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to confront your hostess about not disclosing the nature of the party to her guests. However, it is important to approach the situation calmly and professionally. You can express your disappointment and discuss ways to prevent this from happening in the future, but try to avoid causing any friction between the hostess and her family.

4. How can I prevent this situation from happening again in the future?

To prevent this situation from happening again in the future, it is important to communicate clearly with your hostess and make sure she understands the purpose of the party and the expectations for her guests. You can also suggest that she include the Pampered Chef party information on the invitations to avoid any confusion.

5. Is it worth it to continue working with this hostess?

Ultimately, the decision to continue working with this hostess is up to you. Consider the potential benefits and drawbacks of continuing the relationship. It may be helpful to have a conversation with the hostess and discuss your concerns before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amyskitchen2