• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

UPS Delivery Mishap: Investigating Tracer Resolution Time

In summary, UPS has a problem with deliveries sometimes not appearing as delivered. It normally takes the "tracer" (a code that is sent to the customer's computer when the package is delivered) about an hour to be resolved.
cgreen
Has anyone had a UPS shipment show as "delivered" when it was not? How long does it normally take for the "tracer" to be resolved after PC initiates it? UPS wouldn't do anything until PC contacted them, which they did earlier tonight.

((My show order showed up as being left on my doorstep today, but wasn't here when I got home. I know the UPS guy has gotten confused about street names in my neighborhood before, so it may turn up, or it may have just been stolen, which horrifies me.))

Thanks.

We have problems alot with all deliveries furniture, repair people etc. Another family shares our address except we are East they are West but last year a few days before Christmas I was expecting a show for a friend who had left town, and several gifts from family, & a Harry & David order. All was showing as delivered FINALLY, Christmas Eve day someone in our neighborhood called they were checking the house next door during the holidays for their neighbor. (They lived about 7 streets away from us & they always used the back door). Fopr some reason they opened the front door and saw about 8 boxes. My fruit & everything. UPS blamed us for not having our house # clearly marked.... HELLO?? They make deliveries here all the time.
I live on E. Alamosa they delivered to a house on Trinity Meadows???

So we asked the people to stay long enough for us to pick it up so it didn't look like we were stealing it.
Teresa

I have actually had shipments to Alaska say delivered and then show up the next day.

I just had a problem with a backordered item. The host just told me this Sat.that items that were supposed to arrive mid oct. never arrived! I called HO and was told that they had been returned to them by UPS because they couldn't read the address on the label!!!!!! HO told me that the items would have eventually been reshipped, but can take up to 3 months for them to get to it. I hope the rep I got on the phone was wrong about this. It is hard enough to explain to someone that their item is on backorder and then to find out that just because they didn't get the label printed well that they could have to wait three more months. They did say they would ship it now since I called. We'll see....

I guess what has me so nervous is that the customer service person I spoke to yesterday didn't seem to believe me-- she actually asked me, "Is she (I guess referring to my host) telling you she didn't receive the box??" I said, "No, I'm telling you I didn't receive the box, since it was supposed to be delivered to my house."

I don't know how long to wait for progress, or what exactly progress is... nothing has changed on the UPS site (still shows delivered), and on CC, there's no change to the order, or a new order picking (for a reship).

I don't want to be a nag about it--I'm sure it's very busy because of the holidays--but I also know some of those items are Christmas gifts. I guess I could always reorder by Friday, since that's the Christmas delivery cutoff.

If you are not sure about the response of who you talked to, I would call back and talk to someone else today. I have had lots of problems getting things straightened out with the Holiday help that has been hired.

It took me 3 shipments to get one adjustment right recently.:mad:

ShanaSmith said:
I have actually had shipments to Alaska say delivered and then show up the next day.
Were they mine, LOL???

I would call CS back and insist that a new shipment be sent out immediately until the other is found (or not). I had this happen in October - a stockpot was 1 of 2 boxes delivered to my place but in it's 'own' box not put inside a PC one. Surprise, surprise it showed out for delivery but UPS called the next day to do a 'random' call asking about my satisfaction with my recent delivery?!!

I called them back asking them if it showed up as delivered on there tracker because it sure didn't on mine and only one of two had actually been delivered. The UPS rep stated actually no, it shows out for delivery. Hmm....then why calling asking about my satisfaction in regards to service then. And this is the only call I ever get in two years asking how satisfied I was? And it's the only time a box disappears? And it was the only time cookware came in a cookware box and not put in another PC box? Hmmmm

I called PC and they stated they'd have to do a tracer and it could take 10 -15 days for UPS to get back to them and then depending on the outcome they would then send out another. I said uh no....not acceptable. The host, guest and myself have done nothing wrong. The drop off spot is in an alcove at my backdoor in a rural subdivision. I then emailed the CS's supervisor, my director, the sales manager for my province, the VP of sales, the VP of marketing and anyone else I had an email address for LOL

Within an hour of emailing, I had an email back from the VP saying she'd forward it on and I WOULD get satisfaction by the end of the day, had a call within the hour from the CS supervisor and a new shipment sent THAT day.

So don't give up, especially with the holidays!

Sorry so long!

P.S. I JUST got a call last week from UPS asking if the original ever arrived. IT shows it left the local UPS warehouse and was STILL out for delivery 2 months later!!!!

My last few orders that had cookware in were not put into another box. In fact I had somebody order the 8" saute pan and would you believe that they shipped small items inside the box with the pan. The lady was honest and called to tell me she had some small wooden spoons and spices in with her pan. I couldn't believe it:eek:

rennea said:
My last few orders that had cookware in were not put into another box. In fact I had somebody order the 8" saute pan and would you believe that they shipped small items inside the box with the pan. The lady was honest and called to tell me she had some small wooden spoons and spices in with her pan. I couldn't believe it:eek:

That I can't believe! The cookware boxes are taped shut from the factory - why would anyone in the warehouse take the time to open them to shove something else in there? I've never had cookware ship inside another box, just its own cookware box.

I wonder if it had been given as a gift & sent back to HO for a return or exchange? & they never reopened it and just sent it back out. OR UPS repackaged due to the boxes being opened during transit and they did it.

Teresa

I guess anything's possible. It just boggled my mind earlier this morning (not that it takes much to boggle me). :D

Teresa Lynn said:
I wonder if it had been given as a gift & sent back to HO for a return or exchange? & they never reopened it and just sent it back out. OR UPS repackaged due to the boxes being opened during transit and they did it.

Teresa

No, these items were part of my host order. I called HO when we thought we were missing these items, I then called them back when we found them and asked what the heck they were doing. They said sometimes they do that!! I think the women on the phone was confused:confused:

1. What is a UPS delivery mishap?

A UPS delivery mishap refers to any issue or problem that occurs during the delivery process of a package, such as a delay or damaged item.

2. How is a UPS delivery mishap investigated?

When a delivery mishap is reported, UPS will initiate an investigation to determine the cause of the issue. This may involve tracing the package, reviewing security footage, and contacting the sender and recipient for more information.

3. What is tracer resolution time?

Tracer resolution time refers to the amount of time it takes for UPS to complete their investigation and provide a resolution for a delivery mishap. This can vary depending on the complexity of the issue, but UPS strives to resolve all tracers within 10 business days.

4. What happens if my package is lost during a UPS delivery mishap?

If a package is lost during a UPS delivery mishap, the sender can file a claim for the value of the package. UPS will then conduct an investigation to determine the cause of the loss and provide compensation if necessary.

5. How can I prevent a UPS delivery mishap from happening?

While some delivery mishaps are out of our control, there are a few steps you can take to reduce the chances of a mishap. These include ensuring the package is properly packaged and labeled, providing accurate delivery information, and choosing a shipping option with tracking and insurance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LisaJG
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • smilesarepriceless