• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mother's Day Trifle Bowl Question

In summary, the Trifle Bowl is on special for April shows, can be ordered at any show, and can still be ordered in May as long as it is an April show. If you have a show that is not submitted by April 30th, you can treat it like a guest special and order it, but you have to submit by May 15th in order to get the special price. If you have a show that is submitted by May 15th, it will count towards your May commission, but it can't be promoted as an April show.
kam
Staff member
I read things - but still somehow get it wrong...

OK, are my assumptions below right?

The Trifle Bowl is on Special for APRIL SHOWS or individual orders (Wedding Shows, FR too).

I can treat it just like a guest special in that anyone can order it at shows.

Also, it can still be ordered in MAY AS LONG AS IT IS AN APRIL SHOW...right? Just like any other April show can be submitted up until May 15th?

I will have a late April show which might not be submitted until May. I will make no promises as to the Mother's Day delivery if the host does not close the show prior to April 30th.

But if it is an individual order it has to be submitted by when? April 30th?

THANKS!

The fine print on the flyer:

Note: The Mother’s Day Special is available for customer purchase through April Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraiser Shows, Wedding Showers, individual orders (electronic, mail), online orders and Wedding Registries. To qualify for the Mother’s Day Special, Shows must be held April 1–30 and submitted to the Home Office no later than midnight CT on May 15, 2010. To purchase the Mother’s Day Special, you must write the special item number in the “specials” section of the sales receipt. Shows/orders must be received by midnight CT on April 30 to guarantee delivery by May 8, 2010. For use and reproduction by Pampered Chef® Consultants only.

kam said:
I read things - but still somehow get it wrong...

OK, are my assumptions below right?

The Trifle Bowl is on Special for APRIL SHOWS or individual orders (Wedding Shows, FR too). Anyone can order the Trifle Bowl. If you read the small print at the bottom of the flyer all of the details are spelled out for you.

I can treat it just like a guest special in that anyone can order it at shows.

Also, it can still be ordered in MAY AS LONG AS IT IS AN APRIL SHOW...right? Just like any other April show can be submitted up until May 15th? Yes, as long as the show is dated in April and submitted by May 15th they will get the special price.

I will have a late April show which might not be submitted until May. I will make no promises as to the Mother's Day delivery if the host does not close the show prior to April 30th.

But if it is an individual order it has to be submitted by when? April 30th? I would recommend putting it in by the end of the month. I'm not sure of you can submit an individual order dated from the previous month. Probably, but I would play it safe (personally speaking)

THANKS!

I hope I've answered your questions.

Yes, thnk you. I did read the fine print on the bottom. That is what I was clarifying...as it was a long day yesterday and sometimes I "misunderstand" what is written.

I was really concerned about submitting in May. Everywhere on the flyer it says April 1-30, but the fine print said May 15th. So, if I am treating the April show like any other show, I would have until the 15th of the following month to submit. I think I was just worried since April 1-30 was plastered everywhere else.

Also, I am curious about the individual order piece...when that would have to be in. Yes, I agree, playing it safe, I would like to have it in by the 30th,

BUT, I am not sure if I am going to get all payments for this show by April 30th, If I do, I want to submit by then. And I am wondering if I have any orders for the Trifle Bowl that I don't get payment for at that time, how long do I have? I hate to submit without having all the payments first.

You have until the 15th of May to submit the show in order for the orders to qualify for the guest special price. In order for it to count for April sales and promotions though, it has to be submitted by April 30th. If you submit it between May 1st and 15th, it'll count toward your May commission, and won't count toward any promotions because it wasn't "held and submitted" in the same month.

The fine print doesn't address individual orders, probably because they figure you have no reason to hold up an individual order beyond the day you receive it, and you shouldn't be promoting the sale price as of May 1st. That one, you'd probably want to double check with Home Office.

I wouldn't promise a customer an April special indiv. order after April 30. Somehow I don't think P3 will let you submit an indiv order dated a month later, though I have set-up an indiv order in P3 and submitted it a few days later within the same month. I have an April 30 show and talked with the host about the trifle bowl special. We agreed to still promote the special but not as a Mother's Day gift.

I have an early May catalog host who has a guest wanting something for Mother's Day (not the trifle bowl). I looked at the calendar. With May 1 being on a Sat. and being the first day we could submit her catalog show, I still don't feel comfortable that the company will clear the backlog of April shows by the middle of the next week in time for it to ship with arrival to the host in time for distribution to the guest in time for Mother's Day (sorry for the run-on sentence).

On a related note, I had a host who wanted to use one of her 1/2 price items on the trifle, and it did indeed let me do it based on the $29 sale price.

The Fine Print also does say to submit the order by midnight CT on April 30th to guarantee delivery by May 8th - since it's a Mother's Day Special and Mother's Day is May 9th.....so if they order it and it's not submitted by the 30th of April, they probably won't get it- since that would only be 1 week later. Keep that in mind with Shows at the end of the month!

NooraK said:
You have until the 15th of May to submit the show in order for the orders to qualify for the guest special price. In order for it to count for April sales and promotions though, it has to be submitted by April 30th. If you submit it between May 1st and 15th, it'll count toward your May commission, and won't count toward any promotions because it wasn't "held and submitted" in the same month.

The fine print doesn't address individual orders, probably because they figure you have no reason to hold up an individual order beyond the day you receive it, and you shouldn't be promoting the sale price as of May 1st. That one, you'd probably want to double check with Home Office.

I can't rememeber the last time I had an individual order (I always try to put them on a show) - so I really never thought about it until now with the chance of a straggler order.

Becca_in_MD said:
I wouldn't promise a customer an April special indiv. order after April 30. Somehow I don't think P3 will let you submit an indiv order dated a month later, though I have set-up an indiv order in P3 and submitted it a few days later within the same month. I have an April 30 show and talked with the host about the trifle bowl special. We agreed to still promote the special but not as a Mother's Day gift.

I have an early May catalog host who has a guest wanting something for Mother's Day (not the trifle bowl). I looked at the calendar. With May 1 being on a Sat. and being the first day we could submit her catalog show, I still don't feel comfortable that the company will clear the backlog of April shows by the middle of the next week in time for it to ship with arrival to the host in time for distribution to the guest in time for Mother's Day (sorry for the run-on sentence).

Yes, for this particular show, Mother's Day isn't an issue.

gailz2 said:
On a related note, I had a host who wanted to use one of her 1/2 price items on the trifle, and it did indeed let me do it based on the $29 sale price.

Very interesting! I never would have thought.

Thanks Everyone! :)

1. What is a trifle bowl and how is it different from a regular bowl?

A trifle bowl is a decorative glass bowl specifically designed for making layered desserts, such as trifles. It is typically taller and narrower than a regular bowl, allowing for beautiful presentation of the layers.

2. Can a trifle bowl be used for anything other than trifles?

Yes, a trifle bowl can also be used for displaying and serving other layered dishes, such as salads, pasta dishes, or even fruit displays. It can also be used as a decorative centerpiece for holding items like flowers or candles.

3. How do I properly layer ingredients in a trifle bowl?

The key to a beautiful trifle is to layer the ingredients in a visually appealing way. Start with a layer of cake or cookies on the bottom, followed by a layer of fruit or filling, then a layer of whipped cream or pudding. Continue layering until the bowl is full, and top with a final layer of whipped cream or garnish.

4. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, trifles can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. However, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours in advance to prevent the ingredients from becoming too soggy.

5. What are some ideas for Mother's Day trifles?

A Mother's Day trifle can be a fun and delicious way to celebrate mom. Some ideas for Mother's Day trifles include using her favorite fruits, incorporating her favorite flavors (such as chocolate or lemon), or even making a trifle with her favorite dessert, like cheesecake or tiramisu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • esavvymom