• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Darn Fedex Driver: Frustration with Delivery Delays | My Personal Experience

In summary, the person feels frustrated because their delivery has not arrived, and they miss the days when UPS did deliveries. They like FedEx better because the drivers are better and the company is more reliable.
pampchefrhondab
I know only my co PC friends will understand my frustration. I have a delivery on the truck today, but it has not been delivered! I don't think it will be either! That frustrates me so much! I'll be honest, I miss UPS doing our deliveries. They were so much faster and always delivered when it was on the truck no matter what! This is not the first time this has happened to me!!

Aw, that stinks.

Sounds like you feel about FedEx like I feel about UPS. The UPS driver for my neighborhood is a grouch and always comes really late in the day. FedEx gets here by 10am. Funny how nationwide companies are different from city to city, huh?

Well, here's hoping you get it tomorrow!

I am in favor of UPS!

Haven't had a problem with FedEx! Keep in mind that they fill their truck with as many deliveries as they can but things like traffic, out of town deliveries and more can keep them from finishing all their deliveries.

My fed ex guy is terrific.

I like fedex better... and I live near UPS headquaters lol

I love the FedEx guys here! Always to my house by 10 am and had one show in October that the guy could tell some stones had broken so instead of delivering them to the host broken, he had them shipped back to PC who then reshipped a new box of products. Arrived the next day! I would have been really upset if my host had received a box with broken stones! Smart FedEx guy in my book!

It all depends on the driver, and what their route is like...it's not the company per se. Each company has one, or two, or three.. :) You just got a good one. ;) (sarcasm intended). But given this time of year, they do get busier. And from what I hear, they have it kind of rough in terms of compensation _ something about getting paid based on deliveries, etc? Anyway....be nice. ;) Maybe he had truck-trouble or some old lady ran into him. haha. Plus- weather's been pretty crappy today in your area too, yes?? I'm in Ohio right now, and it's been YUCK with that storm rolling over...and I know the radar showed the same for IN.....maybe that impacted him too.

And, they are probably training in temps for the holidays. It's a busy time right now, for them. They even quit their guaranteed delivery times, since they can't be sure that they can keep up.

as a former UPS employee I can tell you that drivers get paid by the hour. Busier routes will get "driver helpers" this time of the year. They are required to attempt delivery on every package in their truck. The exceptions being incorrect addresses that are out of their delivery area. I was a "preloader" meaning that I loaded the trucks for the drivers. It was literally like playing Tetris every day in 3-D.

FedEx drivers are owner/operators. I don't know a whole lot about their operations other than I used to be in the National Guard with a FedEx driver/owner. That is how I know they own their routes, but having never worked for FedEx, I don't know the operation.

I do know that UPS delivery time guarantees still stood during the holidays. Next Day Air had to be delivered by 10:30 AM, Next Day Air Savers were 3PM for businesses or next day delivery for residential and 2 Day Air and 3 Day Select still have the delivery their names indicate. The UPS and FedEx time clocks are different than that of USPS. For UPS/FedEx when you send a time delivery package, the clock starts on the day the package is picked up and ends when it reaches the recipient. For the Post Office, the clock starts when the package gets to the "hub" and ends when it hits the destination "hub." What this means for me living in Appleton, WI. If I sent a package to my father in Annandale, MN. If I send something next day from my local post office, it may not get to the "hub" in Oshkosh until the next day which will start the clock and the clock stops when it gets to St Cloud, MN even though it may not get to Annandale until a day later. This means that a guaranteed one day delivery could in fact take three. If you wonder why UPS and FedEx have prices that are higher, that is part of the reason, the other reason is that it is federal law that all competitors of the the post office (a government entity) must charge at least double for the "same" service.

Well now I feel really bad and owe my FedEx guy an apology, he did drop off my boxes!I was very happy and was very nice to him:)!!They have never delivered to me that late - after 8:30 pm. The last tine they delivered the next day. It must be the holiday season. They usually deliver to me before noon, but it always takes a day longer then what UPS did.

I didn't look at the box to see who it was, but a driver sat my Scentsy box in front of my door, knocked & fled last night at 6:45. I was shocked that they were delivering that late. I literally walked to the door, looked out the peephole & heard the truck driving off. He was that fast! Guess he was running back to the curb. LOLHe had to knock because I'm tired of people ringing the bell & waking the kids during nap, so 2 weeks ago I took down the bell in the house & then went outside & removed the button too. LOL Everyone has to knock now regardless of the time of day.

lt1jane said:
FedEx drivers are owner/operators. I don't know a whole lot about their operations other than I used to be in the National Guard with a FedEx driver/owner. That is how I know they own their routes, but having never worked for FedEx, I don't know the operation.

I have an acquaintance who owns FedEx routes in our area. She and her husband own the company, the trucks and such, and hire drivers to work for them. Not sure how the drivers get paid, though. She did say that they own the FedEx Ground routes and someone else owns the FedEx Home routes (which our PC stuff comes by).

We also use FedEx for deliveries with my 9-5, and we always tell customers that with standard delivery, FedEx may deliver as late as 8 PM when it's a residential address. If it's a business, they do need to do those during business hours, and we offer our customers a "priority" option which means the package is delivered before noon.

What should I do if my package from Pampered Chef is delivered late by Fedex?

If your package from Pampered Chef is delivered late by Fedex, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-XXX-XXXX for assistance.

Why is my package from Pampered Chef being delivered by Fedex instead of the usual carrier?

Due to high demand and increased shipping volume, we may use different carriers to ensure timely delivery of our packages. Rest assured that your package is still being delivered with the same care and attention to detail.

My package from Pampered Chef shows as delivered by Fedex, but I haven't received it. What should I do?

We recommend checking with your neighbors or other members of your household to see if they may have accepted the package on your behalf. If you are unable to locate your package, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Can I change the delivery address for my Pampered Chef package that is being shipped by Fedex?

We apologize, but we are unable to change the delivery address once the package has been shipped. However, you may be able to redirect the package to a different address using Fedex's delivery manager tool.

What happens if my Pampered Chef package is damaged during delivery by Fedex?

If your package arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with Fedex to file a claim and send a replacement package if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
MissChef