• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx Delivery Mishap - Honest Woman Saves the Day!

In summary, the driver delivered the package to someone else instead of to the woman's home as indicated on the label. The woman was able to find the package and take it.
raebates
Staff member
I've mentioned before that I've had issues with drivers leaving packages in odd places on my property instead of in the easily accessed, protected storage unit, as indicated on my shipping label. Well, today's driver did one better. He delivered it to someone else.

I'm just glad that the woman who got the shipment was honest. She saw my phone number on the label and called so I could pick it up.

I've contacted the HO with the following email:

Hello Wonderful Solution Center Person,

I have experienced another issue with a FedEx delivery. A box that was supposed to be delivered to my home at [my address], was actually delivered to a business at [address on another road], which is over 3/4 of a mile away. Thankfully, the people at that address were honest and called the number on the label so I could pick up the box.

I have had occasional issues with FedEx since we switched delivery companies. My address includes the words "Storage Unit/Bottom of Drive." While most of the drivers follow these instructions, many of them do not. I sometimes find packages in odd places on my property, exposed to the weather and the local animal population.

I called 1-800-GO-FEDEX and spoke with Katrice about the problems I've been
having. I also wanted to make sure someone at the PC Home Office was aware.

Thanks for your time and for making note wherever it is you make note of these things.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.​

The one bright spot? The woman who received the delivery was excited to find out that there is a PC consultant in the area. I thanked her for letting me know about the mis-delivered package, gave her a catalog, and offered her 20% off her first order. ;)

Way to take that lemon and make lemonade! :)That stinks that you're still having problems. Makes me wonder if the drivers even bother looking at the labels.

The Furry Guy occasionally wonders aloud if they can read at all. :)

I know that part of the problem is that we have had at least seven different drivers. That's right, seven! :eek:

chefann said:
Way to take that lemon and make lemonade! :)

That stinks that you're still having problems. Makes me wonder if the drivers even bother looking at the labels.
Label?

What label?

There was a label?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Label?

What label?

There was a label?

Gee, KG, were you ever a contract driver?

It makes me wonder if the drives ever look at the boxes! Our UPS guy is great! Last week I saw the truck stop and was surprised that he didn't come up the driveway to bring our box but then thought that he must have stopped for some other reason. When he continued on I realized that it wasn't our regular guy. It was just getting dark out when he came by and didn't think much of it. The next morning I get up and look out and see something sitting on top of our mailbox (it's at the end of our driveway on the other side of the street). So I went out to see what it was and it was the box that the UPS guy had left that said PERISHABLE... FRESH PEARS on it. And of course it was the cold rainy/snow night. The box was mostly mush and I was sure that the pears would be ruined from being in the freezing temp all night but it appears that they are fine. But come on! Deliver it to the door... don't leave it sitting on top of the mailbox all night! Sheesh!

I never had any trouble with UPS. I miss my guys and gals in brown. However, I know that different areas of the country have different issues.

chefann said:
Way to take that lemon and make lemonade! :)
I agree with Ann except, my "lemon" quote is "When life gives you lemons, squeeze and add vodka." It has worked through the years. :D

None the less, congrats on finding a new customer...maybe the FedEx guy secretly knew this would happen. ;)

raebates said:
Gee, KG, were you ever a contract driver?
I drove a furniture delivery truck, but I never delivered contracts.

KG, that's how I read Rae's post, too.:)

missyciccolella said:
I agree with Ann except, my "lemon" quote is "When life gives you lemons, squeeze and add vodka." It has worked through the years. :D

Would you have even noticed if it didn't work? ;)

Seriously though...I might have to come have some of your lemonade! :D

My hostess waited all day yesterday (that's the delivery date I got) tracking says "no attempt made, resceduled for tomorrow. Why I don't know??
So her Mother waited today, now FedEx site says "local weather delay, delivery attempted".

I have to laugh, yes we did get some snow here in NY today, but UPS delivered to my house, the fuel truck got to my house and DHL was also out delivering today! She doesn't leave that far from me. My hostess is ticked!!! :mad: She said it better come tomorrow or she is going to pick it up her self.

1. What exactly happened with the FedEx delivery in the story?

In the story, the FedEx delivery driver accidentally dropped a package containing expensive Pampered Chef products. The package was then picked up by a passerby, who returned it to the rightful owner.

2. Was the package damaged during the mishap?

Fortunately, the package was not damaged during the mishap. The passerby who returned it to the owner made sure to handle it with care.

3. How did the honest woman know who the package belonged to?

The package had a Pampered Chef label on it, and the honest woman recognized the brand. She also noticed the address on the package, which matched the address of the house she was passing by.

4. Did the owner of the package receive a replacement or refund for the damaged products?

Yes, the owner received a full refund for the damaged products. Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee and will replace or refund any damaged products.

5. How can I prevent mishaps like this from happening with my Pampered Chef deliveries?

To prevent mishaps with your Pampered Chef deliveries, we recommend double-checking the address and delivery instructions before placing your order. You can also track your package using the tracking number provided by FedEx to ensure a smooth delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen